Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you regretted having more??

Fire Fly Guest

Default Have you regretted having more??

This may sound like a weird question but id really appreciate an honest answer. Have you or anyone else that you know had a 3rd child and regretted it?????

Most of you know that we are decideing whether or not to ttc#3. Our dilemma is messing the perfect balance that we have now with our two kids. Every thing is perfect and we dont want to spoil that. We both would like another but are so undecided.

Kerrie, while my life changed in a huge way having my 3rd child I can honestly say that not a day goes when I regret having him.

Sure things had to get changed around, we got a bigger car and had to put the 2 big boys back into a room together, but they are only minor changes really. My thing is though that I had a 7 year gap between no. 2 and no. 3, so for me the changes would be different to what they would be for most other people. I had to start from scratch with everything. Including father's

To do it this way is surely different and a big shock to the system. BUT, I love my little boy and all the joy he brings into my life. You manage with what you have. Also, for me, if I didn't have #3 I would never have gotten to #4, my little princess

Life might seem perfect now, but I can almost promise you that if or when you do have #3 that life will also be perfect for you
    Last edited by Trish; October 1st, 2006 at 08:57 PM. Reason: My stupid typing

I am really interested to read responses to this.

As most of you know, Miss Lexie is our brand new #3, and she wasn't planned, and it took me a long while to get my head around having a 3rd.

She is only 10 days old, so ask me again in a few months, but when I look at her face I have no regrets. When I see the back seat of the car as wall to wall car seats and capsules and my supermarket trolley is full of nappies and my dishwasher is full of plastic sippy cups etc etc...........still no regrets. It is a state of chaos, DH and I have no time for ourselves until 8pm at night and we are so buggered we can barely share a conversation, but still no regrets......if anything, it has bought out the BEST in DH.......

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Trish and Lucy - they are just the best stories to hear!

We are TTCing for No 3 as well and I must admit I am having the odd day (particularly after a bad night) where I think I must be crazy.

But reading your stories does give me hope.

Lucy, I hope you are all doing well!

I had to start from scratch with everything. Including father's
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I have 7 kids and have never regretted any of them for a single second. While pg I have wondered if I would cope, but once I see them its instant total love. If money and health weren't an issue I'd have another 7.

Relle, hon, it is bedlam, but good, IYKWIM? I am tired but happy and this new little family is getting into a new groove.......

Nat, I have said many times that I would love another baby. It's like I'm addicted. Well not as addicted as you

Lucy, you must have the same trolley as me hun. Although I'm sure you a way busier mummy than I with your bubs all still little. Atleast 2 of mine can wipe their own bums... Although sometimes I do wonder....

Its funny, I guess I am just born to be a mum. But I am amazed (and please I don't mean this in a bad way) that TTC#3 is such a hard decission for some. For me its just the next natural step. After all 3 comes after 2.
    I don't even have those thoughts of "Why am I doing this again!" The last few nights both the boys have had rather unsettled night & I have been up to at least one or both of them 2 or 3 times a night. Yet when I jump up out of bed to tend to those whimpers of the blanket has come off or a cough that just needs a back rubbed to re settle them back to sleep, not once have I thought, God How am I ever going to cope with this & a newborn. In fact just yesterday I said to my boss they are just getting me back in the habbit of tending to a needy child at night.
    You know what, 4 comes after 3. Its just the way the numbers go! Hell I don't even think about the issues of money (I probably should), I have a lot of love to give & lots of room in my cuddles for more. I wouldn't be hte slightest bit surprised if I ended up with 10 kids. For me there is no " insert # here" is enough! I will just take it as it comes.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Lucy that is fantastic to hear. I have been wondering how you have been getting on!

Lucy, just wanted to say I love reading all about your little family! You are an inspiration to me at the moment as I'm going thru a difficult time trying to fall prg again after losing my angel and I know you experienced a very similar time in your life and now look at you - surrounded by babies!! I imagine it must be challenging but I think I'd love to live in that sort of chaos!

skorpy Guest

I have just had my 3rd child and He was planned along with my other two,and I dont regret a thing. Although it can be difficult and adjusting to having 3 children now by getting into a routine is hard at times,but it will come eventually

I am preg with #3 and i want 2 more after this one. I know it will be challenging but i also know that there will be alot of good times too. I wouldnt change having 3 children, Not for anything.

mum5boys Guest

I have 5 boys and am pg with number 6 and I don't regret it for a second.
    I love having a big family,sure it is chaotic, noisy and crazy but it is also lots of fun.
    DH and I don't get a lot of time together but obviously we manage somehow.
    For me, going from 2 to 3 was easy, I didn't think anything of it, it was just a natural progression.
    When I was pg with DS5 I thought, am I going to cope and it took some adjusting but not for one moment did I regret it.
    I must admit though I am very nervous this time being pg with number 6 as I am now classified as high risk and not allowed to go through the birth centre. The OB I saw really scared me and I thought if I had of known all this maybe number 5 would have been our last but I am glad its not and am looking forward to more chaos and noise and laughter when number 6 comes along.
    Take care
    Michelle

Thanks Willow.....I had a little cry when I read you post....I am only glad my chaos inspires someone!

I have four live babies and have lost four babies hoping for a fifth to add to our happy family. I am now 11 weeks tomorrow with Eggbert who I pray every day will grow healthy and strong. I am 39 and if it weren't for the age factor I would definitely have six!

MY life is often chaos - noise, washing, ironing, cooking and cleaning. But ther eare cuddles and soft warm hands reaching up to me, soft spongy bottoms. There are tears and dreams and wonder about what all of these little folk will grow up to be like. There are dreams of Christmas dinners with 5 adult children and their partners and children. tere is the gaggle and immense excitement that is contagious when we pile into our people mover to go on holidays! There is the same when it's a birthday or Christmas or Easter. Sure it is utter bedlam when they are grumpy and tired en masse!

I LOVE having a big family and I have not regretted for a nano second expanding our family. It's THE BEST!

Good luck with your decision!

soft spongy bottoms
    LOL, I agree! When I am changing yet another of Charlie's pooey nappies and he rocks around showing off his bottom I just melt.......he has the most edible bottom in the world!

If money, our age & the size of our house were all not contributing factors to having more kids (infact if we were already living in Bali) I dont think 10 would have been enough for me!
    I grew up not really clucky or into kids, then my sister had a son & I figured he was OK... I then was pregnant myself & had no idea what I was in for having never held a baby before, coz I was never going to have any so i'd not need too (age 24)... I then was given a beatiful gift in my daughter maddison & honestly my life changed, I then realised I had to do it again...
    It was a number of years later that I met DH & we tried for a long time & finally were given a gift, little Indah, we are now half heartedly TTC#3, as I am thinking a Feb bub would be nice next & will try to time it all for making a blue one, but another pink one would also be the icing on the cake for our family. I'm turning 34 next year & I just really felt my preg with Indah (7yrs after having Maddy) & it just really took it out of me so I want this last one here before I turn 35, if we fall preg now, I may go back for 1 more!!! If it can be born before I am 36... hee hee

(I am a planner!)... But I would have loved to have made many more!!!

Infact I wish i had met DH earlier coz we'd have many more by now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    LOL, I agree! When I am changing yet another of Charlie's pooey nappies and he rocks around showing off his bottom I just melt.......he has the most edible bottom in the world!
    Ew is that before or after its been cleaned? LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast