Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy & Headaches

clare076 Guest

Finally got rid of migraine at 3am! Panadol is definately on todays shopping list

Unhappy Headaches wont go away

Hi All,

For the past week or so I have been suffering from headaches nearly everyday. I've been taking panadol and drinking heaps of water and nothing is working for me. Today I decided to take the day off from work and go and see my doc and see what he has to say.

Could the headaches be because of my blood pressure? My last checkup was 3 wks ago and everything was OK.

I've been a headache sufferer for years and years so I have just gotten used to them but I dont want to put up with them now incase I am stressing my baby..

TIA

If you really can't get rid of your headaches, you're probably right to go and see your OB. Even just to ease your mind. I had horrible headaches all the time from around 15-20 weeks, then they went away. I have had a few yucky ones this week though, when I've needed to take panadol, but I think it's just the heat in my case.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but good luck with your Dr, and I hope they go away for you soon!

Oh Clare

You poor thing! Glad to hear it did clear up...but they are so painful, hey?

I thought I was in for one last night too...incredible headache, feeling like I was going to be sick (which even in pregnancy, is unusual for me)...went to bed early with panadol and a hot water bottle...which both sort of helped...

Headache finally gone now...my DH gave me a great back massage this morning, which always seems to help my headaches...

Hope today is a good day for you!

Take care!

Have you tried something stronger than panadol, like forte? Which is ok to take while pg (unless your allergic of course). I'm a migraine sufferer so I know how awful it is to have a cluster of headaches coming and going all the time, and on top of being pregnant. I'm not sure if it's bp related, I've only ever had low bp.
    I hope they go away for you soon.

Hey Ngala

My headaches have certainly increased recently...

I find that I have to "catch them early", use panadol (sometimes every 4 hours) and a heat pack/hot water bottle...

That seems to be helping...but they are a pain, hey?

My younger sister suffers from migraines when she is pregnant, and I've had enough to know that they are HORRIBLE! I find that only ibuprofen works for mine, so I am very thankful that I don't get them when I'm pregnant.
    My sister took Panadeine Forte for a while, but apparently it is only safe up to a certain number of weeks. Make sure you check with your OB about that, in case you get any more later on. Thankfully her migraines stopped once she was around 14 weeks, or so. (About the time m/s stops for most women - it's a hormonal thing for her.) Hopefully yours won't last too long either!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Clare and you too Monnie. It sounds like it was the night for headaches.

As Mama pointed out. Panadeine Forte can be taken in pregnancy but codeine isn't something to be taken lightly in pregnancy. When it is needed though so long as it is infrequently it is quite safe. Towards the end of pregnancy the potential is there for the baby to have some effects. This is why it is discouraged in the latter weeks of pregnancy.

yes I have had this problem too, and it has been making me very upset, I have been taking panadene and that seems to help, sometimes I think that headaches can have something to do with b/p but to be honest I think its a pg thing a rather common pg thing as I have noticed a decline in them this week where as last week and for weeks before that I was waking up with headaches that I could not get rid of and going to bed with the same one that night it was awful, it is deffiantely worth checking out for your own peace of mind,
    I really hope they ease for you soon I really feel for you hun.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Yep, I had shocking headaches at around that time as well, and they lasted for a few weeks, I spoke to my OB about them, and he said it was perfectly normal, all of the increased hormones etc whizzing around your body and he said take as much panadol as you need or alternatively go away for a rest and have a massage - asif! LOL

Try not to stress too much - they will pass soon.

Well just got back from the doc and he said that I am getting cluster migraines. Not much that can be done about it tho! He prescribed me some panadine forte and away I went. He checks blood pressure, chest, nose, eyes, ears, spine, ankles and everything is fine.

Hopefully it will pass soon like it has for you guys!

Oh and he told me to not eat chocolate because there is something (he told me what it was but can t remember) in the chocolate that can cause migraines. Bummer I think!

I hate cluster migraines!!! Have you tried drinking coke? One time when I was taken to hosp with a migraine (it lasted 14 days) the paramedic swore by coke, and now every time I have a headache coming on I'll drink a glass of coke. And it actually works for me.

No I havent tried drinking coke. I am only drinking water, hoping the hydrate myself and then the headache will go away, but not working!

I might try the coke.. think we have some in the fridge.

i have also been having shocking headaches for the last 6 weeks. sometimes they ease up throughout the day but my OB said i could def take panadol which sometimes helps. I hope they ease for you soon

Oh I hope they ease for you too sarak!! 6 wks is a long time, I thought a week was bad enough!!

My migraine is gone today. Yesterdays rest was good. I think I slept most of the afternoon!

Jodi - I tried your glass of coke idea and I think it helped. I know that I went to sleep as soon as I had the glass of coke..

Oh wow Jodi, I will have to try that too, much nicer than taking panadol as I take the soluable one and thats not very pleasant so coke would be much nicer.

Bess Guest

Jodi, you could be my new hero if this works....off to get myself some coke now!

Jodi and everyone else too of course I just wanted to say that yesterday I had a really bad headache and I sat down and had a glass of coke and OMG it actually worked it went away no need for panadol woohoo I was so stoked. so thanks for posting that Jodi it really helped alot.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast