Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after LTTTC #2

Hey guys

Reading your posts really reminds me of our battles with sleep! You poor things!!!

BUT...it does get better!

Felix slept through from 8 weeks to 16 weeks then it all went downhill until he was about 15 months old!

But now...he sleeps through 95% of the time...

I got so much comfort from hearing 'babies are terrible sleepers'...it really took the pressure off trying to figure out what I was doing wrong...it was so much easier once I 'went the flow of things'.

Anyway...just wanted to let you guys know that it WILL get better...hang in there!

BG....WELCOME!!! So wonderful to hear your gorgeous news!

I have to agree that I dealt better with the sleep hassles when I just realised that babies wake. sometimes often, sometimes for a long time. Celeste was a pretty good sleeper once we got past the first 10weeks of colic. Around the 11month mark things took a turn and she has been waking up to 7 times for the last few months but mostly around 2 or 3 times. Thankfully it's not for long and she goes down ok again. I am heartily sick of it now though and am longing for this teething business to go away! She is cutting all her eye teeth and the first 4 molars are all moving too so I can understand why!

Embryo transfer went well on monday. Lucky last I hope!!! Just playing the waiting game now....

Sazz - i have everything crossed for you.
    BG - I texted you but not sure if you got it or not. I have your number from a LONG time ago. I hope you are all settling in at home and enjoying your precious little Emerald. I LOVE her name, so gorgeous.

Sleep is something we all seem to miss. We have good days/nights and bad days/nights. I think that is normal. I think it's important to just accept that your baby is normal.

DH is away, and it's pretty tough doing it all on my own. I just wish sometimes we had someone around to help a bit. Especially with having ms too. I feel a bit for DS - he must get bored with just mummy all day, every day!

Jo

I'm back! but gotta go, hopefully back properly later
    missed you all

argh! what a shocker of an afternoon - bubba slept for only about an hour and a half from 11am til half four - the rest of the time she has been either screaming blue murder or feeding - til i got her to sleep about 8. she'd kip before that, but wouldnt' actually sleep! poor little mite - i think she has a bit of a cold... it's taking it's toll on both of us i think...

having a bad enough day on my own - wonder if that's impacting her. have a headache that i really need to take something decent to kill but don't want to take anything too strong for her... had a tanty at DH before - he kept taking her off me to try and settle her - which is fantastic - but i need him to remember that he leaves next week for work again and i'm going to have to do things solo so sometimes (like when she's really worked up) he needs to leave me to it. Emerald needs to learn sometimes she just has to wait a little bit - mummy can only get things done so quick on her own!

Lenny, I know what you mean about feeling like you might get sick of looking at each other all day every day. I try to get out for a bit every day: Walk in the pram, go to the playground, the shops, etc. C gets cabin fever otherwise. It's not easy doing it on your own... although I sometimes feel I am doing it all, I usually get to have that debrief at the end of the day, spill my guts, update the achievements. It makes all the difference. Hope time passes quickly for you!

BG, Oh I remember those unsettled early weeks. Hang in there, you will get through it. It must be tricky for DH to help but let you get your groove too. Glad you've had him home so long. Is he on local work now? I see on FB Emmy's weight is going well, you must be super pleased! Well done hun.

Hi Marcellus!!! How was your time away from BB???? You survived I see. LOL

As for me: have had a few blue days lately but picking myself up now and shaking those stupid thoughts out of my head!!! Trying to not obssess over my body and it's every going on... not easy though! I have the boobie thing happeining again like last time but I'm not getting my hopes up yet... havent even bought a POAS yet and today would be around 10dpo. must hold off, must be strong.......

Sazz - NO POAS!!!
    THIS IS IT - GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!!!!

Lenny - must be so hard on your own. I think I remember you saying you have no family there either (well, I guess they're all in NZ). How about mother's group or other friends with kids that you could pitch in together with sometimes...?
    ANyway, now that you've committed yourself to visiting - you have! you wrote it in a public forum - I very much look forward to meeting you guys.

Hi Briggsy's Girl and congratulations on the safe arrival of your little girl. Lovely name!

Those early months are so tough, but I promise you all you'll get through it. You'll be sleep deprived and pulling your hair out, but you'll get there.
    On sleep - in the early months we couldn't have gotten by without our hug-a-bub and 'no-cry sleep solution' book. Made a WORLD of difference. No, it didn't stick and we've had to find new tactics along the way, but those things did make a big difference in the first 4-5 months. A still doesn't sleep through or anything.

We've certainly had a big month! So many things to tell you guys about....
    actually, nothing of note. I worked. DS was super, super clingy and wanted mummy all the time and is teething again and sleeping really badly (or not sleeping really well).
    A's walking all the time. He only crawls when he gets himself stuck in a tight spot . He's signing more and more too. Do you do a class Sazz, or all on your own?
    No words besides mam and da yet though.

A discovered the joys of slides at a park the other day, so I think that'll have to be a new activity for us. He's happy if he gets to roam around the backyard, which is where he's spent most of the last few weeks as that was the only way our babysitter could keep him happy & distracted.

Oh, time for swimming class.

Stay safe everyone

Nope, this is not it Marcellus. All over. didn't even make it to the blood test this time. Follow up appt in 6weeks. Have a lot of thinking to do in that time: not sure if I want to do another stim cycle but I dont want to get to next year and decide I am ready and have missed out on the medicare rebates avail this year.

Yay on the signing Marcellus. I just bought a book when C was a couple of months old. She still uses about 5 or so signs but mostly words. She has over 20 words or phrases plus the signs which I think is excellent for 17months so maybe I can attribute some of that to signing?

Playgrounds are great arent they? If C is having a crabby day I take her for a big walk in the pram to the playground for around half hour and then she cheers up for a few hours. Yesterday I had to go down the slide with her on my lap to dry it off with my pants The sacrifices we mums make!!! The other kids were pretty happy to be allowed to use it after I did that.

SIck to death of the waking in the night. FOr a few months now she has woken at least twice, up to 7 times. Last night I got very cranky. I think it started with a cold, waking with a snotty nose. Then it went on to teething pain. Now it's just a habit she has gotten into. I am heading for a tough crack down I think. I cant go on like this for years!!!

I have a cracker of a headache today, period pain, emotional pain and only 5hours sleep. AND I have to play squash tonight in the grand final... not really feeling like it.

hugs Sazz - so sorry to hear the witch showed up - she's a rude biatch! shows when she's not welcome, and doesn't show where needed. hate her with a passion

and blurgh on the seven wake up's! thats just nasty! E isn't a great sleeper, but she isn't too bad. just takes a few "tries" to get her to sleep as opposed to cat napping! when she does go into a proper sleep, we get between 5 and 6 hours, and then usually she'll have a nappy change, feed and back to sleep for at least another 3 or 4. i really can't whinge too much. last night she decided not to play nice though - sleep didn't come properly til 11ish (even though mummy had been in bed with her from 8 - she was feeding, napping then waking to play!) slept til 4 ish - then didn't go back to sleep til almost 6 - and started stirring again at 8 - took til 9 for her to wake up - but she was making so much noise in her sleep fighting against the wrap holding her hands in that DH and I couldn't sleep anyway! it's taken from her 9am wakeup until about half 2 to get her to have anything more than a cat nap today too - feed, nap, wake up and observe the world. love her to bits - but i can't do much cos i seem to have her attached to my boob all the time!

AH CRAP!!! That sucks Sazz. As if this wasn't bad enough but now you have to be thinking about doing another stim cycle or worrying about finances or.... it just sucks.
    If I could take that witch I would, cause she hasn't dared show her ugly face around here in over 2 years now!!!

I know how it goes with teh 7+ wakeups too! Aric was doing that for a while, and still does at least 2-3 most nights. The good news for us is that we've got him down to one feed per night max (or even none on a few nights). DH is getting up to him for at least the first half of the night and I now hold out on him but for one feed ("no more, milk is sleeping now"). He still gets so hungry some nights, but I'm hopeful that when this bout of teething settles down he'll sleep through without a feed... I am ever optimistic.
    The first few nights were tough, but he's adjusted and doesn't really expect more than one feed now till the sun's up. Hope you guys can come to a mutually acceptable arrangement Sazz. and soon!

Sounds like you guys are doing well Briggsy's girl. Do you have a wrap or sling? Sometimes that's the only way to get anything done. It seems like an enternity but it won't be long and she'll be pushing you away to run off and play

Marcellus - we have both a HAB and a sling - and miss muffett hates them both with a passion! she will scream blue murder if i put her in either of them. i am hoping things settle when DH goes back to work - at the moment, he is pottering around all the time and when i am trying to settle her, he'll walk in the door and disturb her, or when i get to the point i take her to bed to feed (has to be bad) he "checks up on us" - and his voice disturbs her again. she is such a little beak! we do have a problem with wind (she refuses to part with it) so i'm thinking we may have to get some stuff from the chemist next time i'm in town... it's not fun dealing with a bubba crying cos it hurts - but she will fight the urge to burp every time!

oh dear - thankfully they do grow out of the wind problems. We found brauers stuff to be good.
    It's kind of funny the way you describe your DH pottering around - that was me back when DH was the stay-at-home while I worked . You just need space to figure stuff out, hey? DH had to get cross and tell me to leave him to it. DS always cried & fought the HAB, but would settle after a few minutes of jiggling. Oh, except we could not sit down with him on, had to be standing

Hi to everyone else

Thought I should drop in and see how everyone is

sazz, so sorry to hear that awful witch arrived

BG, Hope Miss E is burping like a champion now! We had the same problems with DS. We tried a couple of different brands, but for us the best by far was one called Marina's Infant Mixture. Our chemist stopped selling it, so I had to buy it online, but it was fantastic.

how is everyone else?
    We are teething here AGAIN! It seems to be pretty constant i tell ya! Poor DS, he spent yesterday arvo screaming non stop from around 2pm through to 5.30 and had no daytime nap at all either.
    He has started walking too, just between DH and I for now, and only a few steps...but oh my gosh! he is just so damn cute..and doesnt he know it too. I can't believe he is turning 1 on Tuesday. The past year has flown by in a blur of sleepless nights lol. He has started to throw a 3-4 hour sleep in the mix of a night time too. So he usually goes down around 10-11pm wakes after 2 hours, then goes back down for another 2, wakes for another feed, then back down for 3-4 hours.... we are slowly getting there....slowly!

Hi Nic
    Damn teeth! We are in the midst of teething too.... there's a BIG one on the way, but it has been poised to break through for a few weeks now.
    Happy birthday little man for Tuesday! Can't believe it's been a year already. Sorry he's still not a great sleeper for you, that's a tough year for his parents. I spose he's doing just fine on little/no sleep, hey?

A said duck - his first word besides mum & dad. In fact, he's been saying it all weekend. Very proud of himself.

Hope you are all doing well

Hi all - quiet in here lately! Hope you are all doing well

Today was a wrenching day - DS' first time at daycare. He was quite distressed and confused I think, crying most of the time though the carers said he calmed down with some cuddles. He must really have been crying a lot though cause he actually fell asleep! only a quick 30 minute nap, but still, for him to fall asleep like that in a strange place.... I think seeing him lying there was the worst thing of all.
    I feel so bad at having left him there. We decided to go ahead and start cc now before I find a regular job (hopefully I will actually find one!) so we have the flexibility to start him off slowly and pull him out if it's not working. I had to come back here and clean the house so I was doing something useful and thus justify leaving him there.
    He was back to normal shortly after coming home, so don't think he's too traumatised. Now I just have to see if I can leave him again tomorrow

marcellus, how did you go today? I remember when i first dropped DD at daycare/kindy, she screamed "NO MUMMY" as I walked out to the car...I drove away in tears.... hope today was a little easier on you both though... And a big YAY for A saying duck! how cool!

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well. We have yet again all jsut had the flu! Unbelievable I tell ya! Poor DD did her first day at school last week then spent the rest of the week at home unwell, which then passed to DS, who is just starting to hand out loads of smooshie face kisses lol, and as a result, I ended up with it as well as DH! DD is good, just has a cough, DS is better, he has a very slight cough and still has a slightly gunky nose, DH has been sent to work tonight (after having a sickie last night) and I'm feeling much better, just very tired and unable to sleep with a million things running through my mind lol...
    In other news DH and I are now discussing time frames for #3...I'm still uncertain if we will add to our family, but deep down i think I still have the urge to have another bubba...wonder if i can order one that sleeps a bit better than their brother??

Hi everyone.

I hope you had a better day with the daycare drop off today Marcellus! THat must be heartwrenching. I have yet to experience it. I dont have a need as I dont work but I do wonder how it will be when I eventually DO have to leave her somewhere? Each day will be a little easier I hear.

Nic. I hear you on the colds and flu. We have had a constant stream this year! Poor DS having swine flu! I hear it is pretty yuck. DD had a cold, good for one week, the flu, good for one week, another cold. Plus she got a canine and two molars in that time. Poor love. I have had no sleep for weeks!!!!! Poor me LOL! Lets hope the cold season passes soon. We have collected almost the full set now HAHAHAHA!

DD has her 18mths health check this week but we have put off the immunisation for aweek with her having another bloody cold. Will be good to see how she is growing now. I'm kinda looking forward to it actually. (not the needles obviously)

Hello everyone else... where are you all?

Hi Ladies

Oh Marcellus my heart was breaking for you how bloody hard! Hope yesterday was a little easier

Sazz & Nic i hear you on the sickness thing we are having a bad run too, i caught it gave to DS who gave it to DD who gave it to DH and now we are going around again!!

Hope everyone else is great

Things are pretty crazy here i officially resigned on Monday which is scary but nice to have made a decision. Kids are 8 months now and doing great almost crawling and DD thinks she is VERY clever because she can stand and now thats all she wants to do. Also got a referal back to our FS this week so #3 discussions are underway, one minute i am certain i want another the next im not so sure. Ahh we will see, we have to do a full stim again which i am not looking forward to.

Quick questiosn for those of you have started AC again, do you take DD or DS with you to the appointments?

Shan & the snotbots!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast