Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Dec 2007

Welcome Kenzie'smum! what a lovely chrissy present indeed, and congrats on the great scan.

Glad your scan went well Satya and you got some good pics. They're so great to see, aren't they? Wish you all the best for your amnio later on. Too bad that you missed out on food at your dinner!

Sazz, good news on your scan too! I guess you're doc is just not too good at measuring... Anyway, all sounds about right, so that's good to hear.

Lenny, cancelling christmas is a great idea... no, really!. we had our chrissy day lunch on saturday since we can't all be together tomorrow (sister's off with in laws, brothers going to japan to ski - now he has the right idea..). Anyway, we cancelled presents years ago and havn't looked back. what a relief to avoid all that tedious shopping.

The body pillow helps with sleeping, but i can only sleep on my right and then that side gets uncomfortable and i flail around but there's no other way to lie... oh, and 4am seems to be a very busy time for jelly these days.

and yeah, who would marry a kiwi?!

Sazz, do you mean 7lb3oz is big, according to her? that's below average, isn't it? Not great dining room conversation, hey?

So organised Kimbe... does this mean i have to do that in a few weeks? How do you manage light meals? I always regret eating lots but i'm so bloody hungry!

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! I have to go work now - sad face for me.

Hi everyone,

sazz - it is nice getting pressies for bubs isn't it? Mind you with my results hanging over my head it also made me a little worried. Your MIL sounds a little silly - that's just not the kind of thing that she should be discussing with you.

All going well I should get my combined results today. I'm still convinced I will be having an amnio so I guess nothing can really come as a shock to me when I get them.

I had my booking in appointment at the hospital on Monday. It went well. I was surprised by the bounty bag - I didn't know it existed. Lots of nice freebies in there! I'm happy to find that the hospital has 1 and 2 bed rooms only as I'd been imagining normal wards with 4 or 6 ladies in them. Quite a relief to know that info. Anyway, I've got a busy couple of days at work to manage - end of year financial stuff to get through so I'd better get ready for work.

Glad your hospital visit went well Satya. We have the same rooms here but almost never get more than 1 couple per room, usually the husband gets the other bed! All the best for your results today... good luck!

Sleeping tips: dont ask Sazz as I am having TERRIBLE nights. I already have the top of the bed up on blocks, have a huge pillow, another big one for between my thighs, take rennie or mylanta before bed and still wake up to mini vommits from reflux. I have spent several nights this week sleeping upright in the lounge chair for hours at a time!!!!! Oh the joys! I wake myself up with my snoring!!! and if I do get a good sleep I spend the whole time in the one position cause I am that darn knackered, that when I wake up I can hardly move. hehehe. No solution except birth I think. Luckily for me, that wont be too far away I hope.
    Hope you all had a fab christmas and will come back and chat when things get quieter again!

The results are in. 1/37 risk. I found this morning that at my age a risk of 1/82 is common but I guess the higher NT measurement has upped the risk factor. I am booked for my amnio on the 9th of January at the same rooms I had the NT done. The way I look at it I still have 36 chances out of 37 for all to be OK. I'm also hoping that the fact that my DF is only 24 will also be in our favour. They don't yet take into account the father's age but new research suggests that for women over 35 with a partner of 24 or under have half the risk of a woman over 35 with a partner of similar age or older.

Sounds like you are looking at things exactly the right way! Good for you. I think that research sounds pretty sensible to me. Of course the DNA from both parents is going to have a result on the baby in everyway so it stands to reason that you have a better chance than the intial reslults show. Hope the days fly by to the 9th for you!

Hi ladies. I must again apologize for not being in here much. I am still suffering with MS so most nights when I get home from work I just like to veg out on the couch. I am in 2nd tri now so hoping things start to ease up a bit now. Starting to get a real bump now and can't do any of my pants up. Kinda scares me about how big I am going to get if this is what I am like now. Oh well.

How is everyone going. I am trying to catch up but have missed quite a bit so please forgive me.

Satya - You sound like you have a great attitude to all of this. Way to go. It is strange how they only take the mothers details to asses the risk seeing both parents have created this child.

Sazz - Sounds like you are having real trouble sleeping. You are so close now. That must be so exciting!!!

Hi to everyone else. I hope you are all well and all had a great Christmas. I will try and catch up with everyone.

Night xx

kate & sazz - It's always been thought that it was only the mothers age that made a difference with downs and other genetic disorders and it's only since it's become more common for ladies to have younger men in their lives that they've even bothered to look at it. It certainly makes sense to me that it could make a difference. I find it weird that there's been very little research on it.

kate - I hope your MS improves soon. I've been really lucky - I haven't had any at all yet.

Hi Kate, I sure hope you start feeling better soon, it is such a long time to feel yucky!!! I guess double the hormones isnt helping any? Surely not much longer??? And yeah, I think you might end up with a bit of a bump, if looking at my own bulging belly is anything to go by and there is definately only 1 in there!
    I guess you're right satya, it is only of recent times really that couples are going both ways in the age difference, it used to only ever be the other way round. Kind of funny that since women live longer anyhow... would make more sense if we all had younger men then we wouldnt be without them for so long in our old age.
    GP for me again today. 38wks3days. Hoping he will say something is happening but I somehow dont think so. I will let you know if it is!!!

Ohhhh Sazz...getting so close!!! How exciting!

Enjoy these remaining days with little bub in your tummy...it's a very special time...the kicks and squirms!!!

And very soon...you'll be meeting your little one!

KTgirl...great to hear from you...2nd trimester already...how time flies! Hoping the m/s clears really quickly (you're such a trooper!!!)

We're doing well...I've finally lost track of how old Felix is (in weeks)...he's 4 months though! Doing beautifully...just went through another growth spurt which had some 'fussy' times but came through great.

Hope all had a wonderful Chrissy.

Hi Monnie. I can't believe little Felix is 4 months already. Wow. I bet he is getting big now. Did he got spoilt for his first Christmas?

Sazz- Good luck with your appointment today. Hopefully something will start happening for you soon. Sending you lots of labour vibes lol

How is everyone else feeling today?

Hi all
    Good to see you back Ktgirl. Hope the ms eases up for you soon. As for your clothes - sorry hun, but you're pg with twins! Take it easy.

Wow - 4 months already Monnie? It seriously just seems like a few weeks ago that Felix was born....

Hope the doc visit went well Sazz - anything happening yet? You've still got a couple of weeks yet, i guess...

Good on you for getting a younger man Satya. Hope all turns out well for you with amnio.

Jelly has been super busy lately - really active. i guess that's normal for around this stage of pregnancy.

Hope everyone had a really good christmas. And happy new year for next week too.

Hi everyone!

Hope everybody had a wonderful xmas, sorry I haven't been on for soooooooo long but it's pretty busy work being a new mum as you will all soon learn.

Welcome to the newbies & congratulations.

Xmas was so much fun as Jenna got so spoilt, although I did get diarreha, (not sure how to spell that) xmas arvo so I wasn't too good.
    So it was a big lesson for me that I should have some formula on standby because if I had of been vomiting as well I have no idea how I would have feed bub.

Sorry if all that was a little too much information.

In the last 2 weeks bub has been having either a 4 or 5 hour sleep in a row when she first goes to bed which is fantastic, she doesn't sleep much after that but with xmas & the 44 degree heat she hasn't had a big sleep for about 4 nights so starting to get very tired again.
    4 - 5 hours sleep in a row sounds great but when bub goes to bed around 8.30 - 9.00 the suns still up so we still don't get the full 5 hours, oh well.

Hopefully I can get back on here soon.

Sazz - can't wait for the next few weeks for you so we can hear about your new little one!

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh 34

Hello everyone...hope the Christmas's went well. All is going well for us. Bubba is moving around like a trojan still, despite all the internet sites saying they tend to slow down a bit from here on in, and i must say, the extra weight is starting to "weigh" me down. Getting comfortable anywhere - sitting, lying, standing - is becoming difficult. I know i shouldn't complain as i'm only just 60kg's and only carrying 1 bubba, but for me that's big, and the belly is straight out in front rather than hugging around the hips and waist so dressing, wearing shoes other than slip on's is becoming a tiresome task.

Satya - good luck with the amnio, i hope you have found others on here to ask questions of given none of us seem to be able to help (sorry)

KTgirl - welcome back and don't apoligise for the absence, hopefully the ms eases up for you, even now i can't really remember the ordeal of my ms, it left at aroudn 14weeks and there's been so much happen since then that i've kind of erased it from my memory!

Sazz - i am so excited for you, 38+ weeks, it's all just so close, can't wait to hear your BA...hope Doc gave you some indication of things happening, particularly given all the contraction etc you were talking of a while back.

Monnie, you mentioning Felix's age reminds me of how much time has passed since i first came in to chat with you guys, it has just flown hasn't it. I really think this forum helps keep focus on the important things and just allows the time to lapse so quickly. Congrat's on Felix's 1st Christmas!

Well, probably won't chat again until the New Year...bring on 2008! Hope you all have a good one, i know i intend to, whatever that may be. We've got a few offers/options and just haven't made up our minds as to what we'll do, but if my body dictates it at all, it will be to watch the fireworks on the morning news as i attempt to sleep through the celebrations! Hugs!

Marcellous -

Hi girls, sounds like everyone had a good chrissy. We got back last night from my parents and will go away again sometime around thursday for our first visit with the new OB.

sazz, glad your scan went well Are you having any niggles yet?

Welcome Kenziesmum

Satya - how great about your hospital visit. will be thinking of you on the 9th, and hope all goes well.

BIG hello to everyone else that I missed. I have been feeling heaps better since coming off my medication. I have even been sick a few times and felt so much better afterwards LOL.

Only roughly another 34 hours and it will be 2008, which means we go from saying our babies are due next year to saying our bubs are due this year!! How scary is that!!

Nic

Kimbe - I work with a woman who's had an amnio and for her it wasn't painful and the result was a good one so I'm reassured by her experience.

Hi everyone, hope you arent suffering too much in this heat!
    I went to a hens lunch today and when we got there we found out it was outside seating and it's 40C here today!!!!! OMG I was mopping my brow with my yellow paper napkin so much I was worried the dye would all come out and give me a yellow face!!!!! My feet are like balloons now which is fine cause now they match my belly too. Caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of a shop window today... Oh my giddy aunt!!!! I am HUGE!!! And everyday I can see myself getting a bit bigger so who knows how enormous I will be by the end.
    Still no action here.... it would be so convenient to have this baby tonight so then I would be out of hospital in time to go to the wedding we have next weekend. Somehow I think I am going to go overdue. Mum had to be induced with both of us. I wonder if that is a family trait, does anyone know?
    So glad to hear everyone is back and survived christmas, now just have to get through new years too.
    Monnie - I can hardly believe Felix is 4months already!!!! You must be amazed how fast it has gone. I bet he is a different little person by now.
    Jo - Sorry you had a shi**y christmas (no pun intended!!!!! ok, well maybe a little intentional lol). I had a tough time the friday night before with what I thought was gastro but may have just been my extreme reflux combined with some funky kinda prelabour. We were going to the inlaws on the saturday and I didnt feel like it but managed to battle my way through.
    Catch you chickies later. Hope I will have something to report soon!

Talking

Hi ladies, big hello to everyone....im still here

Glad you are all still going strong and I hope you all had good christmasses. Such a build up and now its all over, oh well good old New years eve to come....sparkling grape juice for us all and of course if your anything like me, I shall need waking up for the fireworks at midnight......but next year will so different that I am going to force the old party animal out...so we will see if I can hit 9pm lol

Welcome to Satya and Kenzies mum i'll have to duck back to see if I have missed anyone elsesorry If I have.

So close Sazz, ooohhhh its getting exciting.

Me - well i am officially halfway....looking increasingly bumpy.....and the ladies are growing wonderfully, I may never see a b cup again yahooo......but with all the good things there is always some ****e... my doctor has left the area, (the nice message was posted in the weekly newspaper!!) so in a year this will be my 5th!!!!!and I am yet to feel any proper movement, I am trying not to get to obsessed with that, I know when she gets going she will go full throttle and then I shall complain but I just need a sign.

Oh well few more hours left of 2007 and the big one is on its way My news years resolution is to try to be less neurotic.... Happy New Year ladies

Belly rubs xxx

Wow.... Monnie cannot believe Felix is 4 months, my goodness time just flies. Glad you are doing well and that everything is looking good with Felix.

Kimbe, I too got an early start and washed all the little ones clothes, it was so funny hanging them up, DH had a good laugh while he had a go at hanging them too.

Satya, I really admire your positive outlook.....I guess its the only way. Good luck with the test.....blessings to you and the little one.

Sazz, ohhh hun, not long and you will be holding the little one, hope you are doing ok with the heat....are you nervous? I am starting to as I am hoping on a natural birth but every time I watch birth clips on youtube I panic and start to cry. What is funny is that I am more scared of the epidural than anything so natural is the only way for me.

Nic, I am glad you are starting to feel better, hope it stays that way or it gets better.

Jo, so glad Jenna is doing well, and starting to have a better sleep pattern.

Marcellus, Ktgirl, Lismith, looks like you girls are doing pretty well, and no drammas...

Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR, blessed with love, peace and prosperity.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast