Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Dec 2007

Happy New Year to you all. Hope you had a good one

Sazz I wish you all the very best hun and am so looking forward to seeing your B/A soon.

Ltl Panda It sounds like things are starting to happen for you aswell. How exciting and what a great way to start the year.

Monnie Wow Felix is 19 weeks already. How that time has flown!!!! I bet he is keeping you on your toes lol

We came back from our camping trip today. We managed really well considering. Sage was such a good little boy even though he picked up his first cold thanks to my SIL and niece(GRRRRR) Had to happen sometime I guess and I also got mastitis(OUCH)

Hope you are all doing well and those bellies are gowing beautifully. I'll try and come back on soon and catch up on more personals.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
    Sounds like most of us had a quiet one. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Sazz and Ltl Panda - just wanted to wish you both all the best as delivery draws nearer. How exciting! Looking forward to your BA's. Am loving all this talk of snot-like mucous plugs. Delightful! LOL!

Marcellus - don't plan to do much sniffing myself. You?

Nic - how are you going? Hope all went superbly at your Ob appt.

Monnie, DJTTC, and Mako - hope all is great with your gorgeous bubbas. Happy Birthday for tomoz Monnie. Hope that mastitis is clearing up quickly Mako - ouchies!

Satya - what a horror drive home from NY's. Not one you'll be wanting to repeat in a big hurry. Best of luck for your amnio. Can't wait to hear what you're having. I think girl.
    BTW - is there anyone who leaves it as a surprise any more? I feel like the only mum to be these days who wants a surprise on the day?? Feel free to vote in my poll too (Pearl or Paul?).

Lismith - how exciting you're feeling some movements. Hope you're feeling well.

KTgirl - how is that belly coming along? Hope you're MS free now.

Lenny - how are you finding the heat in Melb? Hope you've got some decent air-con. Unlike me.

Sorry if I've missed anyone. A big hello and belly rubs to any I have.

Wishing you all a wonderful 2008. How very exciting to know we're all going to be Mums this year. Yippee!

All going well with me. I've had a horror time with my bowels. One minute constipated, and next the opposite. Psyllium has become my best friend. I am pretty much MS-free, which is wonderful. 1st Ob appt last week, and my Ob is a cack! A real character. I hope that humour helps me through the labour. I've started buying a few bubba goods and clothes, which is certainly helping to make this pregnancy feel more real (something I've struggled with at times). I hope I'm not being too eager buying stuff so soon. I can't seem to help myself now.

Take care all!

Arielle

Ltl P & Sazz, thanks for the insight on the mucus plug, it actually has given me confidence that i'll know what it is if i see it (though will be passing on the smell test!)

Hope the wedding went well Sazz and that the ligament pain eases up - I know, its a lame attempt at a consolation but it at least means your body is doing what its meant to in preparing for a natural delivery right??

LisS, so glad to hear your fluttering bubbly feeling, it's only going to get stronger from here on in and i'm with Ltl P, though instead of thinking of the movements as an alien, my bubba was called a parasite for quite some weeks LOL.

Lenny & Marcellous, happy new years guys, glad to see you both back happy and healthy. How's the preparations going for you both in the nursery dept's...it's not that long now...

Well, today Sydney/the Mountains are having some relief from the week of warmer weather (i know, nothing like you Perthians or Melbournites have had!!) but the cool/wet change is nice for pregnancy. However, DH has just built me an awesome sun deck out in the yard under my fav tree canopy, you know, the decks that incorporate the trees trunk through part of them. It is just awesome, but of course, today's wet weather has prevented it from having a second coat of oil and me from sitting out there and admiring it!! Bummer.

Excitingly we have our 32 week scan on Monday morning too which i am sooooo keen to get to. Can't wait to see our fully formed bubba on the screen again. Am going to hopefully have the sex confirmed, DH has his heart set on the 19week scan 'girl' result and even though we always refer to her by our chosen name, gender doubts are always in the back of my mind. Anyway, can't wait, can't wait, cant' wait!!!

Hope the rest of the weekend is great for you all and that your little people are growing nicely

Hi all,
    Sorry, not too many personals from me today, too tired and grumpy!
    That sundeck sounds awesome Kimbe!
    Wedding went well yesterday despite being 40C and an outside reception. I had had enough by 11pm, just not comfy sitting in a chair or on a picnic rug in a dress.... wanted to sloth it on the lounge in the aircon at home. Went to the "day after brunch" today and that was lovely, only 29C today. Got very sick of ppl telling me to have the baby yesterday, then today saying they were dissapointed I didnt deliver the goods. Grrrrrrrrr.
    Due the day after tomorrow and still no signs appart from being very sore and heavy down there. Wonder if it will be a sudden thing or if it is still a week or more away?
    Hope you all had a great weekend, will chat more when not so tired...
    Sazz

Sazz, hope all is well with you

Kimbe, hope you have the flavour confirmed tomorrow to help put your mind at ease. Wow at 32 weeks! Not long to go now

arielle, will go and check out your poll in the next couple of days.

Big hello to everyone else that I missed. We had our OB appointment, and he is really nice. He had a quick read of my records from DD's birth and said that I will have to have another c-section He said that from my records it looks like they diagnosed CPD from after they opened me up, and that it wasn't something they just added in there to "explain" the c/s (if that makes any sense?)
    He said it was such a shame that I went into labour, fully dilated and pushing then to end up having a c/s. He also said he normally lets women who had c/s, trial labour, but after reading my notes he said he didn't think it would be a good idea. I told him that was ok, I was kind of expecting to hear that anyway. He was rather apologetic about it too. Anyway, he gave us an idea of when bub will be born - June 30th, (EDD is July 7) so I'm pretty happy about that.

He is chasing up all our blood test from before we started on IVF, so hopefully I won't need to have much blood taken LOL! He gave us the referral for an u/s, no 3d ones round us though so we have that at week 18 and then go back to visit him again at week 20.

We have decided that even though we would like a surprise, we will find out if it's pink or blue. We haven't had any thing just to ourselves over the last 7 months, especially with my MIL trout mouthing all over the place! So have decided to find out and keep it to ourselves, just our little secret.

Catch up with you all later

Nic

Hi Mako, great to hear Sage is behaving, but poor little guy, getting a cold?.its such a rude awakening to life outside the womb.

Arielle, glad to hear you have a good OB, it really helps, I go through the midwifes at the hospital, and they are so great?.my OB was a little bit straight forward and insensitive so just stuck with the midwifes.

Kimbe, good luck with the scan, wow?.32 weeks?.you are not far behind me?I hope you get the confirmation you are after.

Sazz, I hope it will happen soon, I am so sick of the heat I can only imagine what you are going through.

Nic, I know its not the greatest news but at least you know what to expect?.you will not go through all the effort of labor to than be told you need a c/s.

Well, not much to report on other than that I am feeling heavy and sore down stairs, and just pray for another 2 weeks?.really do not what the little one to come now its just to early. 35 weeks this week so if it can wait another 2 week, will be considered full term.
    The heat is nasty, having little sleep because of it?.I got to catch up on sleep last night as the it was cooler yesterday and same for today?

Well I hope everyone else is doing well, hope to read on your tracking throughout the week?..take care.

Smile

Happy Monday girlies

OMG how hot is it!!!! I know im in the tropics and everywhere is pretty much sweating at the moment but OMG i never thought I would pray for the wet season!!! If one more person says at least the baby wont be born in the summer I think I will scream. I already have an internal furnace going on and now all I want is to be naked and sitting in something cold

Sazz - dont fret bubs will be here soon enough

Panda/Kimbe - ladies I cant believe how close you are, im excited just at the prospect on entering the 3rd trimester, so I cant imagine how your doing.

Nic - sorry about the c/s but at least you know what to expect small consolation I guess and its great you have a good ob...I who have just started on my 5th doc am now going to put my faith in the midwives!!

Not much to report from me....bubs is getting active as I am typing she is having a game of ping pong. Doc yesterday put me a week ahead because of my size ooer, but got to hear the heartbeat again

Hope you are all good xx

Wow, time flies. LisS you're already 21 weeks! Seems like just a little while ago that you joined us.

You're only 35 weeks Ltl Panda - thought you were closer to due date. In that case, definitely hang on for a while baby!

Nic, it sounds like your OB is nice. I think it's good to know this sort of thing in advance - must be better to have a planned CS, if you have to have one. One of my cousin's was born June 30, and she's lovely so you're sure to have a good baby

Hey Sazz, hope you're getting lots of rest. Sure it won't be too much longer.

The sundeck sounds really lovely Kimbe. Lucky you! Hope you get to enjoy it lots soon. And hope the scan went well this morning and you got your girl.

Hey Arielle - those bowel problems sound very familiar... sad to say. Good for you if you've found something that helps. Hope you're enjoying the shopping.

Glad your camping trip went well Mako. Poor little Sage - but I guess it was bound to happen some time.

Hope everyone's doing well.
    Have done nothing for nursery... we'll just muddle along as per usual . suits us. Am starting to think about prams though. what to buy? Oh, my dad is making a change table for us, so that's something.

Enjoy the heat!

Hi all,

Scan went great...really quick but still good to see bubba on the screen. They said it 'still looks like a girl' so i'm feeling more confident within myself about it. And they said the placenta is right where it's meant to be which is good to hear. I asked about head circumfrence - sonographer said it's going to grow a LOT more, but at this stage it's at 27.5cm. Have come home and made similar size with tape measure - ouch already, LOL.

Marcellous, good luck with the pram deciding, it's just so difficult as there's so many to choose from isn't there?! i think if they gave us less choice, we'd have no worries deciding.

Ltl P - agree with you on holding bubba in there for the next few weeks. I hope the weight and the pain can be eased through some extra TLC from DH for you.

Nic - you sound disappointed about the c/s given you've been there before with DD, but on the positive, at least you can plan for the whole b'day in advance. I'd love to have a bit of a crystal ball telling me when, where and how it's all going to pan out.

Sazz - well tomorrow's the due date, i can't imagine your emotions at the moment. Whenever bubba comes, good luck with everything!! Am very impressed that you made it to the wedding and brunch at this stage in the game. I'm already piking out of things feeling so tired and uncomfortable in clothing.

To everyone else, hope you all continue to be well!

Hi Chickies,
    Not so grumpy here today Had GP appt. Due tomorrow but not engaged. He said not to worry as some dont until labour is established and I could still go tonight! The whole town it seems, are hanging out for this babe, even ppl I didnt think would be interested are telling DH they are excited and looking forward to hearing the news. It is lovely sometimes, living in a small town. My/DH boss asked him today if I had gone in yet, as though due date is THE date, and when told no she was like "Oh so it is gonna be a late one" and yesterday when I saw her she was banging on again about how I should put my feet up and rest cause it will be my last chance, blah, blah, blah. She tells me everytime, like I will never, for the rest of my life, have a quiet moment again. Sounds great...NOT. It annoys me how some ppl cant say anything positive sometimes.
    I am getting desperate for things to wear now and have no clothes packed for hospital as I need them now... will have to throw whatever is clean in at the time I guess. Did pull out a top that I didnt realise still fits today so that was a bonus, like getting something new.
    Kimbe, hope the scan was great. It is funny when you cant see the whole baby on the screen by now as they are so big! Hope your secret is safe for the two of you!!!
    Nic, I am so glad you have a good ob. He sounds really considerate, and not just doing the C cause you have had a past one. It is dissapointing I guess but the good news is you know exactly when bub will be born!
    Marcellus, Nice that your dad is making the change table. Dont worry too much about rushing to finish the nursery, as long as you have a bed for the baby, a car seat and a pair of boobs, I'm pretty sure he/she will be happy. We spent heaps of time thinking about what pram to get and ended up getting a steelcraft. Got the features we wanted and didnt cost the earth. Most important thing for us was fitting it in the boot of our hatchback! Have fun shopping.
    Lis, We know what you mean about everyone making the same comments! They are slowly driving me insane I guess ppl want to say something but dont know what? Just slap them, you have horomones in your system to justify it!! lol
    Panda, I hear you on being heavy and sore downstairs. Not a lot of fun anymore... I console myself by thinking at least my body is doing all that it can to make delivery easier. Still hurts though... and moving with any kind of grace hasnt happened here for several months hehehe.

Hi to all I have missed. Pregnant brain today. This kid is gonna be smart I reckon cause he/she has sucked all the smart outa me! Pitty she/he hasnt sucked all the fat out too... Oh well.
    Maybe catch you tomorrow???

ETA: Kimbe, good to hear you are happy with the scan. It is a bit daunting knowing the head size but they tell us the head can squish up a bit with the soft bones so it isnt so big to fit!!! Sounds good in theory
    Last edited by sazzafrazz; January 7th, 2008 at 05:32 PM.

Hi Sazz, I too get a little frustrated about people never having positive things to say about their kids??I always get the ?something to look forward to?, forget about you body getting back to normal, forget about romance?..blah blah blah?..Let me live my life and I will make up my own mind without your influence.
    And I too wish the baby sucked a lot more fat from me??so over being a dumb?.brain is all mush. OHHHH ? start stimulating your nipples, apparently that can help to bring on labor, and if you like Indian, get some tonight, finish of the evening by having intercourse?One of my girlfriends sister did it 3 times in one night, put her legs up after each round?she started contracting the next day, later that night she had her baby. I think she was in labor 6 hours (first baby)

Kimbe, yay on a good scan, and that you got your confirmation?.its a girl yay?.

Marcellus, take your time with the nursery, especially if you are finishing up a few weeks prior to the due date?.and how good is it that your dad is making you a change table.

Lismith, great that you are doing ok, love hearing the heart beat.

Talk soon ladies.

Hi, me again!
    Happy due day to me... would be good to go today, I like the date and onlylike 3% get to be born on their due date. Doesnt look likely though.
    Omg at your friends sister panda. I cant imagine DTD 3 times in one day at the moment. How uncomfortable. and I cannot imagine telling ppl about it !!!!!!! Good to know it worked though. Maybe have to give it a try. DH is home now for a few hours till next shift
    EEEEWWW just imagining what it was like in there for the midwife to be looking at after doing it that much yuck!!! I feel so yucky and stinky as it is these days, gross. And nipple stimulation.... hmm, mine have a life of their own at the moment. I wake up in the mornign and am like OMG what is going on here???? Weird.
    Well, bbl maybe. Might have to go hassle DH hehehe

Hey Sazz

YAYAY!!! Well done on making it through to your due date...a wonderful achievement, I think!!!

And he/she will be with you very soon...

I too, used to get annoyed with people being so negative about having kids and all the things you won't be able to do...but don't let that take away from the amazing excitement that you are feeling...that anticipation of one of life's most precious events is truly priceless.

From what I remember, I really made an effort to pamper myself in the days past my due date...lots of lying on the couch, reading, listening to my favourite music and just relaxing...it's such a special time...

Just wanted to wish you all the very best...I'm heading away for a week so probably by the time I'm back...YOU'LL BE A MUMMY!!!

Take care...and just savour every moment of this most amazing journey!

Just popping in to wish you all the best, Sazz (just a bit of a quiet lurker!). I hope it won't be long until you get to meet your Bugalugs! Sending strong LVs your way...

Happy due date Sazz! Sending some labour vibes your way

Marcellus - Ooh at your dad making you a change table, it is one of our items to buy this time round.

Well, I am kind of bummed about my having a c/s again. It wasn't the most pleasant experience for me or DH last time. He reminds me that it will be totally different this time, and while I know that's true, it's still scary as the only experience I have to draw upon is a bad one. But it's something I will just have to deal with.
    I also have managed to get a cold sore! Went to the chemist and he gave me some stuff so have been putting that on and trying to eat heaps of yoghurt.

Nic

Nic, I hope you're able to get lots of information and support to make your birth the best experience you can. I'm sure it can still be very special and this time you can talk with your doctor and others with experience to plan the best c-section ever.
    I know someone who has had 3 c/s. Each time she wanted a natural birth, but after an emergency c/s the first time she wasn't able to because of complications in her pregnancies. No doubt she felt the same way you did on learning this, but she said that a planned cs is completely different to (and better than) an emergency one. An unplanned c/s must be a real shock and scary - I know it's my greatest fear in giving birth.
    And good luck getting rid of that cold sore

Congrats on your due date Sazz! I hear you on the sex thing - and I'm nowhere near as far along as you. Three times in one night!! good god.

I just ignore the naysayers when they complain about kids. I'll probably be joining them in a few years, but until then...
    And we're not really planning a nursery as such, just figuring out transport, sleeping arrangements and poo catchers for now.

Have a good day

Thanks for all your good wishes girls... this thread of ppl mean a lot to me. It is nice to be in a group of ppl having babies at the same time as me but this thread really know more about the extra stuff I am feeling regarding long time TTC. So Thanks!
    I can understand that you must be really dissapointed Nic. I guess this time there wont be the pain and fear that you had last time round. You will be able to go into it just being excited, not terrified, and recovery will probably be easier not having had the labour trauma as well? Are you telling ppl that you will be having a planned c? Will you keep the date to yourselves? My SIL had a planned but they didnt tell us till after (I didnt think to ask). They wanted it to still be a surprise for family. Something to keep for themselves. Hope you feel better about it by the time it comes around.
    Well, DH was pleased to hear the info about DTD I dont think we will manage it 3 times though lol.
    I have just had a bit of a cook up. Made an enormous vegie lasagna and a quiche too as we have soooo many eggs at the moment. Bummer about having to clean up after tho. I have 5 meals for 2 in the freezer already, in case I am totally knackered when we come home from hosp so I think I should have enough in there now.

ooh Sazz, sounds like you're nesting with all that cooking LOL at your DH being pleased with the DTD theory!
    As for telling people about our planned c/s, I'm not sure? We told my mum the other day, but MIL gives me the impression that she thinks I won't be having one, so if I can get away with not having to tell her that will be great LOL! DH is aware that I am banning all family on the first day, which won't sit well with MIL either. DH thinks she will still show up, but we agreed that if she does she will be allowed to visit for a quick cuddle then told on her way out to not bother to see us again. We are having some issues with her ATM.
    Will have to drop back into the c/s thread and get as much info as possible. Next visit to OB, I will ask him how he feels about birth plans for c/s and if he has anything he will or won't do. Will have to go buy some books too, knowledge is power so they say!

the cold sore cream I got is just an anti-septic called medi-creme. Whenever I have a cold sore it is just on my lip, but this time it's on my lip and goes about a centimetre above my lip too! just yucky!

Nic

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast