Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Dec 2007

Well girls 2007 is nearly over. I can't believe where this year has gone. Time files when your having fun. And to think in the new year we are all going to be mummies... how exciting

Ltl Panda how are you going?

Lismith - Hey good to see you. Ahh the good old sparkling grape juice is making an appearance tonight (Mmm mmm I actually love the stuff lol). I think I will be just watching the kiddies fireworks at 9pm and then heading home lol. We are all such party animals aren't we. Woo hoo on reaching half way

Sazz - You poor thing in that heat at lunch. I can't believe the weather at the moment. Everywhere is having this heat wave except for QLD. It is windy and rainy and miserable here, never mind good snuggling weather for our day off tomorrow!!! Hope it cools down for you soon, sending lots of labour vibes your way.

Nic - Good luck with your first app with your new Ob. Let us know how you go.

Kimbe - Glad to hear all is going well for you and bubs is still giving you loads of movement.

Hi DJTTC, Monnie, Mako, Marcellus and Satya. Sorry if I have missed anyone. I hope you are all well.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR ladies I can't wait to share 2008 with you all!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ladies. I managed to make it to midnight but only by snoozing on the couch in front of the airconditioner. The quietest and laziest NYE ever for me. On our way home from staying over we got stuck on the side of the road in 40 degree heat with two flat tyres. Picture it.... 1 over emotional pregnant woman, 1 cranky DF, 1 hot fluffy dog and one over excited 4 year old in the heat with no tyre shops open anywhere. My DF is still on his way home in the tow truck so hopefully he will be home shortly. Well at least we will never forget this new years day. The only plus side was that due to the heat I didn't need to use the loo.

Ohhh Satya, stuck in the car in the dreaded heat is not something I would like to go through.....I get sick with the heat, yesterday we went to my in-laws for lunch and I ended up throwing up as it got to hot in the house, they only have evaporative cooling and that does nothing on 41 degree days.
    Good on you for staying up to greet the first minute of 2008, I unfortunately went to bed at 11:30 could not last another 30 min....that is shocking, we will all have to make up for it next year.

Ktgirl, I am doing great hun, really good, counting down the weeks now. Lost parts of my mucus plug for the past 3 weeks and the midwife reckons the little one will come at any time now. Hopefully not for the next 2 weeks, it will be a little to premature.

How exciting for all of us, we will be mummies this year, how good does that sound mummy?.daddy?its so special?.

Hello everyone, how good is it that 2008 is here - this is going to be a fantastic year for all of us.

Satya - well done on seeing the NY in at midnight, i think i was asleep by 10.30ish, only to be woken by an sms from my sister at 12.40 to let me know it was 2008 and that she was full of the party spirit (in all ways!), i haven't even seen the fire works display that was on in Sydney yet, i keep missing the footage on T.V. so, that's pretty dismal of me! Your NYD sounded horrendous, but you seem to be able to see the positive side of things now that it's over and that your home!

Ltl P - how exciting about the prospect of an early bub. The count must definately be on for you. Can i ask though...without wanting too gory details...how do you know your muscus plug is coming away?? I have been having increasingly excess discharge for the whole pregnancy, i hate it. Is the mucus plug similar just slightly discoloured or completely different again?? Given i'm only a few weeks behind you, the idea of not knowing what to expect is a little daunting, or if something does happen, i don't want to come across like some bizarre pregnant woman ringing the midwives freaked out IYKWIM! Sazz, Satya, anyone else experienced it before able to give me an idea??

Hope alls well with everyone and that the belly's are growing nicely.

Hi girls,
    Satya, you poor thing, 2 flat tyres, you wouldnt read about it!!!! And of course it had to be in 40C. Was DH hung over too? Heat is no fun when pregnant or hungover. Poor you! Glad you survived though, I would have been overemotional too!!!!!
    Ltlpanda, when are you due? Sounds like things could be happening for you soonish???
    11.30pm isnt too bad! Anyway, it will come around again next year so you havent missed anything special lol. We went to a pool party which was just what I needed. I wasnt looking too glamorous with my tankini not meeting inthe middle anymore but I didnt care since it was 42C here. We came home by 11.30though as DH had to be up at 5am to go to work. I didnt get to sleep till after 2am for some reason and was up by 6am so I just did all my house work etc and rested up in the arvo.
    Kimbe, dont worry, the midwifes are used to bizare preg women ringing them!!! We all get a bit like that at some stage lol. The plug is a bit like snot!!!! (apparently, as I havent seen mine yet) some ppl get it all come away in a big glop but most get it a small bit at a time for a week or so. It can be clear or pink tinged but it it is bloody you need to tell someone. You can tell it isnt wee or CM by the smell, (if you are confused) as is is supposed to smell like semen. I wont be checking that though lmao!!!
    Me: less than a week now supposedly but somehow I think this will be a late bub I would like to go onthe due date which is next tuesday so will have to start trying those old wives tales out soon
    Another hot one here..... will just flop on the couch I reckon.
    Hi to everyone else, hope the new year brings happiness to us alllllllll!

Hey guys

Happy new year!

This is the first NYE that I was in bed before midnight!!!

Felix has decided he wants to reinitiate 3:30am feeds!!! Fun fun fun! I think it's part of his 19 weeks developmental leap.

Satya...you poor thing! Like you way, a NYE to remember!

Ltl Panda...wow! Time truly does fly! When are you due? It just feels like yesterday that you were announcing your pregnancy...amazing!

Sazz...ohhhhh!!! So exciting! Only a few days to go...Felix was 8 days late...and it really wasn't that bad having to wait those few days extra. But hopefully things will really start happening soon. I'm a 6 January baby...so maybe I'll have a little twin (only 37 years younger than me!!!)

Kimbe...sorry can't help you! I never saw my mucous plug (actually don't think it ever started coming away)!

KT girl...14 weeks already! WOW!!! Yep...you'll be a mummy x 2 in no time!!!

Mako...DJTTC...hope is going well with Sage and Jenna.

To everyone else I've missed...Lenny, Lissmith, Marcellus, Nic...and others (sorry!)...have a wonderful 2008...so brilliant that we'll all be mummies by the end of this year!!!

Hi girls. Happy new year!! I hope you are all well.

Ltl Panda - That is exciting about the bub being so close. But lets hope it hangs on a little bit longer.

Satya - You trip home on NYD sounds terrible you poor thing. Glad to hear you made it home safe after all.

Hi everyone else. Belly rubs to all

Hi ladies, quick post. My old OB rang me last night and explained my combined results and I'm now feeling more confident. My risk due to age is 1/40, then the adjusted result with BT (completely normal) and NT measurement puts me at 1/37 so it's not terribly much different to the average for my age.

I've put up a poll in what am I having as I will be finding the sex out in a few weeks when I get the amnio results. It's starting to look very one sided.

Kimbe, it looks like a big clump of snot...sorry it sounds yuck but its the best way to describe it, its also got a pink tinge or little things that look like blood vessels. I had its it come away in bits and not gust one whole heap of it at once.

Satya, glad you are getting some feedback?..it brings up your confidence a whole heap.

Monnie, your little boy sounds like he is a good eater?.

Sazz, I so though this will be the week?..I was truly not expecting for you to be online?.I though the heat would have assisted with bringing the birth day a lot sooner.

Well girls, I woke up with period pains today and really heavy feelings, midwife said it could just be the baby is really low and that is what is causing the heavy feeling.
    We will have to keep an eye on it?..

happy new year all.
    i had a very exciting night - wandered off to bed at about 11 after watching a movie. forgot it was new years.

Sazz, it sounds like Ltl Panda might beat you to the punch... Either way, we're all looking forward to some birth announcements pretty soon.

Satya - what a sucky new year's day! That's good that your combined risk factor is more or less average. Do you have any inkling as to boy or girl?

Happy birthday for next week Monnie. Any special plans?

now, hands up girls who are going to sniff the globs of snot in their panties...

Thanks Marcellus!

No big plans for my birthday...just a family get-together...we may set up an outdoor cinema if it's nice weather...

Heading off to Rottnest next week...a whole week of Rotto bliss! Can't wait!

marcellus - I think girl, DF thinks boy. We've both dreamt what the sex is so we both think we are right!!

Lots to read and catch up on, but just wanted to quickly say hi to Sazz! Are you still lurking around here...or have you grabbed that bag and made a mad dash to the hospital! Hope you are feeling OK.

Nic - hadn't thought about the fact that he's due this year. THIS year. Wow, life is about to change!

Take care all, and will catch up better soon.

Hi Lenny, Thanks for asking but YES I am still here. DH told me today when he left for work that he thinks he will be hearing from me today. Wishful thinking maybe. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow that I dont want to miss so if I can hold out till sunday that would be good. However after waiting 10 years I am willing to take my baby whenever nature deems fit!!!!!
    Lots more ligament pain but nothing else happening. Ltl Panda, sounds like you are feeling like me. Lucky you!!!
    Satya, not much chance both of you are right???? Must be one or the other unless it is both.
    Monnie, hope you have a fantastic holiday. Enjoy!
    Ktgrl, hope you are starting to feel better now? This heat wouldnt be helping you any.
    Bye for now chickies, hope I can come back soon with some news of some kind!!!

Take care Sazz...so exciting!

It really is starting to count the days, if not hours til you meet your little one!!!

Wonderful!

I had a lot of ligament pain in the last bit of the pregnancy too...fun fun fun!

C'mon bugalugs! Bound to come in the middle of the wedding, now that you've mentioned it

How're you doing Ltl Panda?

Have a great trip Monnie. I've never been to Rottnest... been thinking i should for quite some time now

Satya, my first thought was boy, and I see most of the respondents to your poll think the same. 50:50 odds either way, hey?

Hi everyone else. Nearly the weekend again!

Wink

sazz - oh oh hours, !!! marcellus is right you know it will be at the wedding!! talk about upstaging the bride

Satya - i'll be on your side and go pink, but im rubbish. I kind of thought I would have a boy first, but im having a mini-me which terrifies me as I was a horrible child

Ltl Panda - looks like your not gonna be far off, mucous plugs away I have to admit that the very talk of things like that, sends a shiver down my spine, but at least I will now know what to look for.

Well I think she has started to move, NYD had the first significant bubbles dead cntre and very low, which I could feel on the outside and its happened a little everyday since, so I guess its her highness. And rolling, though I cant feel that on the outside yet...there is definitely something going on in there, but Im still waiting for my alien moment. Docs on sunday so I should get another heartbeat opportunity, very exciting.

Big hello to everyone else hope your all doing well xx

lismith, movement is always great, love the feeling....after a while when the little one gets bigger it almost feel like there is an alien in you.

Marcellus, I am doing just fine thank you..... how are you doing. Is the hot temperature getting to you?

Ohhh Sazz, I am so happy for you, I just keep on looking back when I was reading your pregnancy announcement and was saying to myself gees I hope my IVF cycle will be successful like hers... and here we are, a couple of weeks apart in our pregnancy....so looking forward to the day you announce the birth.

This is what is good about this forum, you get to know some very lovely people.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast