Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Jan 2008

Marcellus - you went AWOL for a few days, and i got jittery. Good to see you back - don't go into labour early without letting us know!!

Kimbe - funny you mention MS. I was pretty good really in the early months, but i feel like throwing up pretty much all the time now! It's just lack of space i guess. I'm not actually being sick...just feeling queasy. I want it over with now too - and i've got a long time still to go!! Looking forward to giving up work - although i'm not sure when that will be - i work solely with men and they don't want me to leave...they joke that they'll call an ambulance and it can leave it's meter going outside the hospital, and then it can bring me back when it's all over. Hmm, no thanks guys - i'm looking forward to my last day too much!!

Seeing the Ob tomorrow - with DH too, which will be nice. Just a check-up. Then Ante natal classes this weekend!

Hey Nic - glad you worked that out with DH. Drink up so your test results are better next time - am hoping very much you can avoid hospital.

Congrats Satya! That's good to hear. You take it easy now.

Hah Kimbe - love the question to Monnie. Maybe she means it's special in comparison to after....?

Like you Lenny I'm feeling quite blah recently. Tummy's a bit upset/queasy and appetite has shrunk considerably. Oh, havn't delivered yet or anything, but thanks for your concern . Better not be too soon - i've got a few more weeks of work, then 2-3 weeks to write my essays. It's all planned out. My mum is very impatient though, wants Jelly to come in the next couple of weeks.

Jelly was trying his darndest to remodel my interior this morning.... think he's going to be very much awake at 4-6am.

I did a little investigating and think Ltl Panda would have been due early this week (ish)....

Hey Marcellus

Yeah...it is a very special time but I hear you on the groans of the body carrying the pregnancy...it's hard work!

I just really wanted in the last couple of weeks to 'treat' myself...just take lots of time out for me...doing the stuff I love...lying on the couch, listening to music, using aromatherapy oils....I look back now and just loved it...but I definitely felt like a whale!

A chilled but massive whale!!!

Talking

Hey chickies, wow I miss a week and i'll need a week to catch up with everyone.

Ltl Panda is still MIA I take it - hope she is ok.

You all sound like your doing well and I cant beleive how many lttle bubbies we have in here now, I think Monnie was just waiting for Felix to arrive when I joined you guys my how it has flown.I go into the 3rd trimester next week can you beleive it, or maybe already there depending on what texts I read!!! either way I feel huge and still have 13 weeks to go (wow that doesnt sound very long does it eeek).

Lenny and Marcellus - getting impatient too, a little sick of everyone saying to enjoy this time of your life. Im just hot, uncomfortable, not sleeping properly and im am now getting a little worried that this huge belly is containing something that I am actually going to have to push out!!! Oh the joys

On an exciting note we are getting our cot and car seat this weekend, i was getting a little paranoid we didnt have the big things and dh has given in...so shops here we come

Anyway better do some work....i'll be back to catch up with everyone.
    Belly Rubs x

Hey ladies. Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day.

I'm hoping my DF is being honest about not exchanging presents today cos if he's sent flowers to work I wont be there to collect them. I got sent home due to paint fumes. Our building is undergoing renos and the fumes were awful - management didn't want the preggy lady there so I was packed off home. I have bought work home but I will still get about 1/2 a day to myself so I'm looking forward to a nice rest today.

Hi You have all been so busy chatting away lol.

I have been mia for a few days as my nan is in hospital again. She's been in since Monday last week as she was having lots of pain from an infection.Anyway we thought she was starting to improve only to find out that she had a heart attack last Sunday night and the stupid nurses didn't bother to attend to her for some time The lady in the bed opposite her ran down to the nurses station to tell them that nanna was in a lot of bother and they just tried to brush her off until she was screaming at them to go help. Luckily nanna is starting to feel a bit better even though she is in intensive care.

Anyway we are doing well.I think we have finally turned a corner with the bfing and I'm really enjoying it now.Sage is attatching properly and is doing a great job feeding He's getting so big now. He is starting to fit into ooo clothes finally.Its a bit sad packing away his oooo clothes though lol.
    We are back to the physio this arv to check his foot and to see where we go from here.

Lismith all the best with the shopping. How exciting only having 13 weeks to go.

Satya Good on your boss for sending you home away from the paint fumes.

Nic how's everything going with you? Have you been back to the dr?

To the girls who are over being pregnant. Keep your chins up cause you'll soon have your precious little bundles here with you and then you can welcome the sleepless nights and the crying and teething which is far outweighed by the gorgeous little smiles and giggles and cuddles you will have with your bubbas
    I'm sure monnie, jo and sazz will agree with me

Hi to you all. Sorry for the rather selfish post today.

mako, OMG at your poor nan, glad that the other lady made a fuss about someone going to see her. Nope, haven't been to the GP yet, appointment is 3.15 this arvo. DH is coming with me, then we have to drive for 2 hrs to have our u/s tomorrow. I'm praying for no rain, I hate being in the car while it is raining, plus roads are being cut off around the place, but luckily they come up and down quickly, one of them is the creek where the mother was clinging to her 6month old bubba before help arrived and then she passed away so sad. and so very scary. Hoping the Dr won't keep me for too long so we can get on the road before too much more rain and it gets dark.

lismith, have fun shopping for the big items this weekend.

marcellus, yep have been drinking heaps of water. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Ok, big hi to everyone else, hope you are all well. Going to do a quick check of the rest of the forum before getting ready to go. Hope all is well with Ltl Panda though, wonder if she has been getting on but hasn't had time to post??

Will let you all know on the weekend when we get home how we go with everything

eta: I just went and checked Ltl Panda's info and she hasn't logged on since Jan 20th. Hope she is just busy..
    Nic
    Last edited by nic; February 14th, 2008 at 02:18 PM.

Your poor nan, mako. Hope she's doing better. My hasn't little Sage grown?

Hope your appointment when well Nic and that you didn't have any problems with floodwaters. Seems to be one extreme or another.

Hey Satya, did you end up getting anything for valentines day? DH and I both forgot about it, as usual, but he came home today with a bag of goodies that the head of housekeeping gave him, from the hotel where he's working on a project. I'm wearing my hotel slippers now.

Happy shopping this weekend Lismith! Wow, only 13 weeks... seems like you just joined the thread a couple of weeks ago. Where does the time go?

Monnie - yep, got the massive whale part down

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi everyone,
    have just had confirmation on wednesday i am pregnant!!!! It was our first IVF cycle, we only got the one embie out of egg pick up and it fertilized and it implanted....
    so today i am 5 weeks... due on the 16th October.

Hi everyone,

Mako I hope your Nan is OK. It's really stressful when our older relatives start having such serious health problems isn't it. I hope the nurses are looking after her well.

Marcellus - No he kept to his word and I got nothing. We had agreed that we have so many medical expenses (all that extra testing I had to have) and baby stuff to buy that we would not do V day this year. I was pleased he stuck to it as he usually does flowers or a teddy or something and they are a rip off on V day. Nice of your man to bring you those things home.

katones - Congratulations. You did very well to have success with stats like that. I wish you a healthy, happy and uneventful pregnancy.

Hey girls, we made it home safely YAY! GP is happy because my BP was lower than last weeks, still had some protein, but she said it was less than before so she is happy overall. Made a note for me to give to the OB at my next visit telling him about it all. She said she won't get me back again this week as I'll be seeing the OB a few days after, so all good news

Managed to get to our scan, and bub decided to be camera shy, so all our 3d pic is of an ear with an arm covering the side of the face LOL. She said she saw a 'flash' and thinks it is a boy. Said if we can convince our OB to give us another scan with them around 30 weeks we might be able to get a nice 3d then. So DH and I will pester him for another one. She also said he has BIG feet. We are not telling anyone that we know what colour though. DH may not be able to keep it under wraps, he has the hugest grin on his face though.

Katone - welcome and congrats on your pregnancy

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Nic

Default Missed you all

I am so sorry ladies for disappearing on you all......I had tears in my eyes reading through all the pages and each time one of you asked about me....
    I have been helping my mum take care of my sisters bub Izabella as she had to go back to work until she found a new employee.....so been involved with my sisters salon and helping out with the baby.....Well no action for me, baby was due on 12th (ultrasound date) but I think it might come after the 19th (IVF due date). I got a fright last night as I had some really bad pains and thought that was it, I am in labour but it stopped and it was disappointing.
    Glad to read that everyone is doing well, Monnie, well done on going back to work, must be so heart braking, I saw it in my sister....its really emotional being away from the little ones. How is Felix doing?
    Marcellus, glad your baby shower went well and you enjoyed yourself, and that you got some lovely things.
    Satya, So happy your results came back with no abnormalities, you must be so relieved.
    Mako, great to read that Sage is doing well, you?
    Jo, how is Jenna, hope you are doing well
    Nic, so glad you are tracking really well, camera shy baby!!!!! Bet it will love the spotlight when its out.
    Lismith, looks like things are moving along, making some nice purchases for the nursery.
    Kimbe, looks like you are doing well, great to read.
    For all that I missed so sorry, need to do some more reading, will try to jump on more often now that I have to stay at home....talk soon girls, and THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS.....

I also forgot to mention that Sazz, I am so happy for you, so glad you are doing well, breastfeeding is so not as easy as its made out to be, I see it with my sister.
    Trully happy for you.

YAY! Ltl Panda...so glad to hear from you.

Glad all is well...sounds like you are getting SO close!!! How exciting!!!

Yeah going back to work is not so great but I have it very good...I leave at 3:30pm and I'm home by 6:00pm...so it's not too long!

Just so relieved to hear you're okay...hang in there...not long to go chickie!

Oh Ltl Panda, it is so great to hear from you. You certainly have been a busy busy bee! I thought for sure bub would be here for you by now and with those thoughts came alot of fears not hearing from you! But, so glad the fears are aleviated and the 19th isn't too far away...don't over do things though, remember you'll have your own bubba here very soon and will need all the energy you can muster!

Nic, shame about not getting a good 3D shot of bubs, but at least you know he (??!!) is definately in there and growing nicely! Congrat's on a blue boy!

Satya, glad to hear DH followed the rules...i hate it when they don't, i religiously do and DH breaks it so this time we didn't make any. Which actually had an awesome outcome as DH went the whole hog - technically at this point in time he isn't DH but my DP...then he popped the question on V day and now is technically DF! Yippy!! Will continue to call him DH though cause he may as well be! We've made a pretty big committment to each other with bubs and continually refer to each other in public as H&W.

Katones, welcome and congrat's, i was you this time 8 months back, in complete and utter 1st cycle shock! It is so exciting, I wish you all the best for your pregnancy and growing little person!

Well, for me, everything continues to be going really well. What can i say, other than our engagement, i'm on mat leave now, am taking part in a 1st timer pg research study which means another u/s tomorrow and another chance to see bubs (at 38wks YEY!!) and we've just come home after a night away at our farm stay. Of course, i couldn't play tennis, go horse riding or on the dirt bikes, so sat and read the whole time but it was a nice little get away for the night. Feel like i'm on the home stretch waiting patiently (yeah right!) until the little kicker decides she's big enough and strong enough to come out and face the challenges of the world with her very excited mum and dad. though i know, it could really be a 4 week wait but man i hope not! Bring on the torture of labour i say!

Hope you all have something good happening for you too, particularly those of you that have been struggling with the pressure and hormones and tough stuff lately.

Hey Ltl Panda - good to see you again. Had a feeling maybe you were busy with your little niece (or with your own little one...)That must be really difficult for your sister - lucky you and your mum are there to help her out. Hope your time will be soon - as you can probably guess, we're all hanging out for your birth announcement

Glad you made it home ok Nic - too bad about the pics. Perhaps he'll be more cooperative next time.

Congratulations Katones!

Congratulations on your engagement Kimbe - A baby and a wedding! (well, guess I don't know when you're getting married, but anyway). Hope you get to meet your little baby soon.

Jelly and I are getting engaged too, so to speak. Don't think it necessarily means anything aside from the fact that the poor little tyke has nowhere else to go. My (impatient-to-be-a-grandmother) mum reckons Jelly's coming at 38 weeks.

I made nappies this weekend - so proud of myself! They're quite messy, but hopefully functional, though one of the seams has come apart in the wash . woops. That was just a practice one anyway

Catch you all later

Hi all,
    I made a huge post the other day but it got dropped from the system and then Celeste needed me so I coudnt redo it.

SOOO good to see you are ok Ltl panda! Wow, the 19th is only tomorrow!!!!! Good luck with the birth. I hope you get a lovely uncomplicated one.

Congrats Kimbe on your engagement! Your ring sounds beautiful too! It is really an exciting time for you two at the moment hey? Enjoy your mat leave. Rest up if you can. I know everyone kept telling me that and I didnt really but now I wish I had. hehe.

Marcellus, you are so good making your nappies. I should have as I have a good machine but I have ordered all mine off the net. I actually just recieved some premmie sized prefolds today in the post as all the others are sooooo enormous on Celeste still and the poor dear cant lie down flat with her enormous cloth but up in the air. I should have made them but too busy/or too lazy these days.

Nic, I am so happy that you are going well now. Really good that your levels are coming back down and you didnt have to go into hosp or on bed rest. Yay.

Katones, welcome!!! You have had amazing results, that is fantastic! Did you buy a lotto ticket too???? wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Mako, hope your Nan is going ok now. SO lucky the other lady was onto things. That is just awful for you and of course for her too.
    I agree with you about when you feel totally over being pg, it is completely worth it afterwards. You can then enjoy having ankles again, being able to bend over without making old lady sounds, turn over in bed and all sorts of other things but you will be so in love with your baby that you wont even notice those things for a few weeks. It is strange that Celeste is one month old today and it feels like I have known her forever already. She has changed so much and is finally filling out a bit. She smiles and 'talks' and has the beginning of a giggle coming on now. I just love her to bits!

Hope you all get to enjoy your bubs really soon.!!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast