Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Jan 2008

Oh Missy, lots of hugs sweetie :hugs: I think Lenny has said it all perfectly, we go through so much physically, and emotionally and it is draining. Sometimes I feel like I'm living back in June/July last year and am just coming to terms with the fact that we have to do IVF. It's just so much to take in, it can really get you down.
    I had the fanny pain on the weekend while standing in the kitchen, ouchies too.
    I think we will forever wonder if something is wrong after the journey we have getting here. I find that I still really have no attachment to this pregnancy/baby, I wonder if it's because I'm waiting for something to go wrong, and if I'm not attached it won't hurt so much when it happens? At the moment, it's my DD and DH's excitement that feeds me, I'm only ever excited when they are, when I'm by myself and I have time to think...well that's a different story.

If you're wanting to get some vitamins, could you crush them up maybe?
    WIll be thinking of you, and hope all goes well at your appointment next week

Satya - Was your OB appointment yesterday?

To everyone else, I have been reading, just not posting I changed my scan yet again! A new place opened up 200 k's away from us and they will take my referral for the 'other' place that stuffed me around. So I called yesterday and got in Friday next week, and get this... They bulk bill and I can get a 3d photo of the face. The other place was going to cost me $200 for a 2d scan with no pics, AND we have 40k's less to drive YAY, so no sitting in the car with a full bladder, I can just drink up at mum and dads and drive to the scan place. DH is stoked about the 3d photo, hope we can get a good one, as he will be so disappointed.

DD is worried that the baby won't like her. I told her that as she knows, the baby can hear us now, and will be so use to her voice by the time it is born, that she will probably be the only one who can settle the baby down. She seemed quite happy with that explanation.

Hope you are all keeping well. I managed to get an appointment with a GP today to get a new referral for our OB, as the one from the FS to the OB is only valid for 3 months.

Will check in with you all later

nic

Well, just returned from GP visit for an updated referral and saw a new female doctor, and she asked how long it had been since I had seen my OB and when my next appointment was. She decided to take my blood pressure. so I told her it would be high as it always is when I'm told I'm having my BP taken. It was 137/90my heartrate was 117, not sure if this is normal or not though?? does anyone know what the 'normal' heart rate is during pregnancy?

She then decided to check for protein, and I had been to the loo just before going to the clinic lol. I have high protein. She didn't tell me what it was, but I could make out it was either 3 +'s or 4. She is sending it away to see if there is an infection or anything. I have to go back and see her Thursday next week, and she is doing my blood pressure and testing for protein again if no infection shows up. If they are the same, or still on the high side, she is going to call my OB to have a chat about what to do with me. So I'm freaking out basically. I asked her what we do if everything stays the same, she said not much really, probably just extra monitoring and possibly bed rest.

She had a look for baby's heartbeat, and of course, baby was hiding. She would find it for about 5 seconds and then it would be gone. She thought that baby was lying towards my back. Eventually found it, and baby's chest was just below my left rib. She seemed rather happy to have found it after looking for about 5 minutes.

Got in the car and drove home and cried. As soon as Dr's find out about my mum's kidney failure (which I never told the GP about thoguh) they always want to put me into hospital. I had it with DD, and looks like I'm about to have it with this one too. Think I will go and have a lie down for a little while..

Nic

Oh guys...

Nic...I'm sure everything will be okay. Your BP is a little high and no doubt they will want to keep a check on that...but remember it's just one reading and so many factors can be in play. Even being a little anxious about visiting the doctor can push it up...and being a LTTTC-er, we are very familiar with anxiety!

I think your heartrate during pregnancy is faster as your body is having to push around more blood...

It's good that your GP is keeping a good check on things...that's the main thing! So sorry to hear about your last experience with hospitalisation...I so hope things go smoothly.

Oh...and what a little sweetie your DD is...how lovely...she sounds like a beautiful sensitive soul!

That's great news about the scan...well done!!!

Missy...hang in there! Pregnancy can be so hard...I often think it's really tough for us LTTTC-ers as we feel less 'allowed' to complain about the downsides of finally being pregnant. I hope that your Ob. appointment goes well...just remember.."this too will pass"...I know it sounds a little twee to say that, but I often say it to myself to help get through rough patches...

Hope everyone else is doing okay...Felix is going through a fussy period at the moment...think it's the whole 26 wonder week thing! Oh...and he's teething again! So we are back to 3 hourly feeds at night!!! YAY!

Anyway...take care all!

Monnie

Had wondered where you were Nic. You guys are obviously doing a great job of getting DD used to the idea of being a big sister. I'm sure she'll just be fascinated with the baby when it's born.
    I hope you are ok too. It's good that at least the doc gave you the tests. I do the protein one every visit, but they never tell me the results - just that it's ok. As for BP, it can be elevated during pg - or in my case it's actually low because of pg! Weird...there's no one-size fits all, is there!
    I hope you don't end up in hosp. Let us know how you go.

Missy I really hope you start to feel a bit more positive soon hun. It sure is a rough road that us ltttc'ers travel at times hey? But know that we are all here to support you during this low time. I'm sure all will be ok at your Ob appointment next week and make sure you pop in to let us know how it goes.

Nic Good on you for finding a new place to have your scan done.I hope all is well with your tests and you don't have to go to hospital. Try and take things easy and get as much rest as you can. Your DD sounds great too. She's going to be a huge help for you when bub arrives. Good on you and dh for raising such a special princess

Monnie Poor little Felix. The teething thing can be so tough on the whole household can't it? I hope they come through quickly so you both can get back into your pleasent routine.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to worry about Ltl Panda. Maybe she's had her bub by now. I just wish she'd pop in to let us know how she is.

Also has anyone heard from Ktgirl recently??? Just wondering how she is going too.

Sage is doing really well. The last 4 nights he's slept 7 hours, 8 hours, 9 hours and 8 hours. My poor bb's don't know what to do with themselves lol. Lucky I have a pump Our appointment with the paed went well on Wednesday. We have to go back in May for another check up but he was very happy with Sage. He told us that we need to tie Sage down for a while as he's so developmentaly advanced lol. So all in all he's doing great.

Hi to everyone. Hope you have a good weekend.

Me too about Ltl Panda Mako, its been nearly 2 weeks (??) since we've heard from her and her bub's EDD was definately about now...sending you hugs and good thoughts Ltl P, hope to hear from you soon xxx

Nic so nice to hear from you. Wow you travel for your pg support, it is just phenominal, hopefully the new Dr is just being thorough with the tests. I know my BP was considered low in the beginning but each time it's checked it's so completely different. Even the other day i was sitting waiting to see the midwife desperate for the bathroom, but thinking she may want a urine sample, anyway, when she called us in and said no she didn't, i rushed to the loo, rushed back into her room and was tapping the ground really fast with my feet (like a kid with ADHD!) and then as she was taking my BP i realised i was edgy so stopped tapping, but it was too late, my BP was high. I have no doubt had i have not rushed around or been edgy it would have been much lower.

I'm still going well - Technically 5 more working days before mat leave (yay!) and then the long wait for labour to start in the comfort of home. My ankles are back (another bonus!) but i am experiencing terrible upper back pain, right behind my left shoulder blade. I am struggling to bend, move, pick up things etc without flinching in agony, i don't know where it's coming from as bub is quite low now and by BB's aren't exactly that big to be causing it. I actually took my first 2 panadol last night for some relief...and i don't take pills, haven't had a panadol since before ivf started in April last year. DH has been giving me regular massages ubt it's back within 30 mins or so.

Hope everyone else is travelling ok...

Ltl Panda - we are all wondering how you are, and hope to hear a fabulous BA soon!

Kimbe - bummer about the back pain - I have heard that because my placenta is right at the front and bugsy is facing forward (i.e. his spine to my spine) this causes back pain. Could this be your problem too? I hope it eases for you - but don't tell DH, enjoy those back rubs while you can get them. Perhaps when you stop working things will settle down.

I did teeny tiny blue shopping at Target today. Then came home and did a load of teeny tiny blue washing. I still have many things that we need before bugsy arrives, but I was tired, and at least i got some half decent bras for me - my BBs were getting sore. I'm definitely not a 10A anymore - i should be thrilled!

Anyone got a Grobag? I'm keen, but they are a bit pricey.

Hope all is well with everyone and I'm always pleased to hear how our new mummies and their boys & girl are doing!

Hi Lovelies,
    I have been worried about Ltl Panda for a while too... Lets just hope she is loving being a new mum and hasnt had time for us... where are you Ltlpanda??? Sending you luck and love!

I had a lot of upper back pain towards the end of pg but my bb are 18E so that might explain it hey?! It is probably to do with the weight on your front in total not just the bb. Your whole posture is different too. I reckon tell DH that the massage is the only thing that gives you any relief and he needs to do it all the time

Nic, thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better soon. Yuck feeling with high Bp... take is easy love! We dont want you on bed rest where you cant chat to us!

Missy, sending you big hugs. It is hard sometimes dealing with all the emotional crapola that you go through with a LTTTC and all the AC rubbish to then have the uncertainties and worries that go with PG. As if you havent had enough to think about already. Feel free to purge your feelings here though as we will all understand!

Kimbe, how exciting is it when you can see the finish line for work coming up!? Enjoy. Hope they give you a nice send off.

How cute is it when you start washing all the little baby things? Not quite as cute after a few weeks though. hehe. Only kidding, I still get all clucky when I see those tiny socks and singlets hanging up there next to my nanna knickers hehe.
    Kimbe, maybe you could make a grobag? do you sew?

Monnie, wow 26weeks, where did that go? I am really not looking forward to the wonder weeks as we have had a few yucky days in the last week and she was only 2-3weeks then. What will week 5be like??? Maybe she is just advanced and we had the week 5 crap happen at week 3? Fingers crossed lol.

Mako, I have those amazing boobies in the mornings lately too. Celeste is snacking on and off every half hour or so all evening then sleeping for 5 or 6 hours from midnight and my boobs are then soooo full she can hardly get on them at all! She gets pretty cranky I can tell you cause she is mighty hungry then!

Where is Ktgirl lately?
    Hope everyone has a nice relaxing sunday! We are going to my folks which is 90km away. Celeste's biggest trip yet! Better take a million nappies and 5 changes of clothes.

Lenny I've been looking at buying a grobag too but have found them to be really expensive. I asked about these in the nursery thread last night and there is a bit of info there if you want to have a look. I did go out today and bought a Bebe brand one. Sage is asleep in it now so we'll see how he likes it. I paid $45.00 for it at David Jones. I thought I'd get a cheaper one first and then if he likes it I'll buy a grobag aswell. I just didn't want to pay $70 for something he doesn't like iykwim.
    How exciting shopping and washing all the tiny blue things. I still enjoy washing Sage's clothes etc

Sazz The bb thing is lovely isn't it lol. Sage also gets very cranky if he can't get on quick enough when he's starving. I did have a morning where he attempted to get on and the milk sprayed all over his face as bb's were sooooo full.
    Enjoy your day with your parents tomorrow and yes take heaps of nappies and a few changes of clothes.
    We went to visit my nan in hospital last night and Sage decided it would be a great time to do (sorry tmi) the biggest poo and it went everywhere lol. So here I was trying to change his nappy and all of his clothes on nans hospital bed and he did a huge wee when his nappy was off too
    Atleast it brought a huge smile to nans face. Something none of us had seen for a week or so. Its amazing what a baby can do for a very sick and elderly lady(87 year old).

Oh yeh I knew I spoke too soon about how good Sage has been sleeping. It all went down hill last night. We were up every 2.5 hours and at 3am he decided it would be a good time to want to play until 5am I hope tonight is a bit better.

Hey guys

We use grobags...I was fortunate enough to borrow my nephews, before we bought some.

I actually got some on special for $35 + $10 postage...they were discontinued patterns but they are great...I think they have run out now (but if you want the website just pm me)...

I love the grobags...Felix went into them from about 9-10 weeks as he was starting to get too frustrated with wrapping. I was dreading the transition but it went absolutely fine!

I'm sure that the other sleeping bags are just as good as grobags...and half the price...I really couldn't justify paying full price so I was very lucky to get such a bargain!

Mako...well done Sage for some great sleep (though not so much last night!)...I think the one thing I have learnt about babies in this whole process is...

"when it's going great, it doesn't stay that way forever...BUT...when it's not going so great, it doesn't stay that way forever either!!!"

I so agree about babies and the elderly, Mako. We take Felix to see his great grandma who is 96...and she giggles like a 5 year old!!! She absolutely adores him! It's so special!

Sazz...yay...the wonder weeks are tough...and the fussy stages get longer as they get older...BUT...what happens after the fussy stage is fantastic...it's amazing just watching your baby blossom! Felix is super clingy at the moment...poor DH was home with him last night (I went to my sister's PhD graduation!!!) and Felix was a wonderful challenge! DH ended up having to come and pick me up! Felix fell asleep in the car and was sleeping beautiful when they picked me up!!!

Lenny...isn't the baby wash just so cute! I too love doing Felix's stuff...and ironing them...they are just so tiny! The other day I hung Felix's little blue shorts next to DH's massive blue shorts...should have taken a photo...it was very cute!

Kimbe...sorry to hear about the back pain...you poor thing...but YAYAY for upcoming maternity leave. It's such a special time before baby arrives...enjoy it, nurture yourself and just bask in the beauty of it...it truly is wonderful!

I too am worried about Ltl Panda...hope she's just enjoying motherhood or pending motherhood so much that she hasn't had a chance to get online...

Ktgirl...hope all is well...

Nic, Marcellus, Missy, Satya, Jo+Jenna...hope all is well too...

Hope I didn't miss anyone...if I did, my apologies!!!

Lenny - I bet all those teeny blue things looked just gorgeous hanging on the clothes line.

Sazz, Hope Celeste's first big trip away goes smoothly.

Mako, I had a giggle at Sage's mess. Hope tonight results in a much better nights sleep for you all.

Monnie, Might have to check out the grobags myself after your post. Will have a look around when it gets closer, and hopefully find some bargains.

Big hi to everyone, hope you are all well and having a fantastic weekend. I'm feeling much emotionally today. Told DH last night about my GP visit, ( I wasn't on speaking terms with him until last night, and even then just barely) and he made dinner for us, then got up this morning and cooked eggs benedict for us all and then even did the dishes! OMG!! DH never does the dishes! and he wiped them as well.

Nic

Wow what busy weekend chatters you all are!!

Lenny, love that you have finally ventured out shopping, it is just so much fun buying and then washing and folding...i still go into the nursery and move all the little clothes around into differing draws, folding and re-folding them, just picking which little outfit for bubs to wear home from the hospital is frustrating me, though in a good way. I just can't make up my mind.

Sazz, i think you're right about the back pain, though I can't imagine what 18E's must be like! It probably is all the extra weight on the front pulling me out of alignment, though when my MIL suggested the same thing i went into denial mode, when you say it though it's all good and makes sense...hmmm that's probably not a good sign for the MIL relationship at the moment huh. Will definately keep DH on the pump for massages. He is being completely wonderful, the pain's actually caused me to become teary twice now - once in the bath and the other on the couch and both times he's dropped to his knees and asked what he can do to make it ok, he's just beautiful, i am really blessed.

Nic glad to hear you're DH is trying to improve things a little for you - eggs benedict and the dishes is a definate brownie point getter! Does this mean you guys are talking now??

The grobag thing is new to me. (I know, note to self, do more reading about useful things for baby!)
    My sister bought me a sleeping bag type thing that the baby is completely enclosed in and it just zips up the front, is that kinda what it is? I thought it was a cute idea and just washed it and put it with all the other wraps and things, i'm so hopeless sometimes i swear!. Might ask her about it when she next visits.

Missy how are you travelling chicken?? Any improve? If not, i hope it kicks in soon, i'm pretty sure there's a hormone boost in the 2nd trimester which might help.

Mako - love Sage's poo idea, anything to divert attention away from his gg's health and to bring a smile to her face hey! So glad Felix does the same thing Monnie. We don't have any gg's locally, but MIL is in early 70's and as she's already pointed out to me her 'grandchildren are her life!' she just doesn't stop talking about the 2 littlies she's already got, i have to hear their every waking moment from a sneeze to a smile. GGRRRHHHH hope she doesn't torture others with stories of our bubba's every waking moment, but i can see where she's kinda coming from too (when i'm in a good mood that is).

Went on a delivery suite tour today, it was pretty uneventful as we did it when we were only 10weeks (yes, slightly ambitious back then!) and nothing's changed, but I am now certain i know where to come for labour and have a good understanding about the initial process of being assigned a labour room...after that, who knows but just being there and listening today brought tears to my eyes with a mixture of excitment and nerves.

Anyway, hope you all have had a lovely weekend with family, friends or just hanging out on your own!

Hi all
    I hope ltl panda is doing well too!

How are you doing Missy? Come back and let us know how you got on after your OB apt.

Hope you're feeling better too Nic, and so glad your DH is stepping up to help you out. I hope you don't have to stay in hospital. At any rate, take care of yourself and baby.

Kimbe - i have pain in a similar spot sometimes. was worse before I got a good posture chair for work. Physio said it was from rib displacement.... she suggested massage and stretching. Anyway, yours sounds much worse than mine - you're DH is s sweetie though! I'd say there's about a 100% chance that MIL will bore everyone in earshot to tears going on about your little one. but that's lovely really. i know that's what my mum will be doing - think she already gives blow-by-blow accounts of every detail of the pg so far to her sisters.

I'm doing a baby wash today of some fabric I bought to make nappies and bits and pieces I got at my baby shower yesterday. It was really nice and got some lovely things. Also learnt a very important lesson when one of my cousin's kids ate some of my medication.... ooopsy. luckily it shouldn't have too much of an effect on him. I really felt quite awful about the whole thing.

Isn't Sage clever putting on such a wonderful show?

Take care everyone

Kimbe, yep DH is back in the good books LOL. Had a big cry last night about different things, that he just didn't realise were troubling me, and we had a big chat. Think we both feel better now. I hate being all emotional and I feel super clingy for some reason? which doesn't help LOL.

Marcellus, hope they don't put me in hospital either. I think the GP is talking about bed rest at home, and what worries me is I already know that I won't be able to help myself you know? Just one load of washing or ironing or something else that will just continue on. Mum has instructed me to drink more water to flush my kidneys out before next appointment, had little water intake day of GP appointment.

Missy, hope all is well with you, will go and see if you have posted in the blog section.

Big hello to everyone else, trying to have a quick read of the site before making DH's lunch for work tonight and getting DD from school. Catch up with you all later.

Nic

Quick post DP is nagging me to get off the puter.

I actually thought I posted here after my appointment but looks like I didn't.

My final amnio results came back with no abnormalities. The OB quickly found the heartbeat so my worries were of course for nothing.... as usual. My iron levels are a little down so I'll be taking iron but other than that all my other BT's came back fine. My next scan is at 22 weeks then another at 32 weeks to check for growth due to the abnormal 12 week scan. Work is so busy these days and I try to rest of an evening I'm not getting much time to come in here and catch up on everything that's been going on with everyone.

Satya, that is excellent news about the final amnio results! So very happy for you

Nic

Yay Satya, that is fantastic news! Now you can relax and enjoy it a little more. So happy for you!

Satya, congrat's on the results, that's great news for you and bub.

Marcellus, whoops on sharing your meds! Though it sounds like the baby shower was good with lots of lovely things for bubba.

Am at work today and have just listened to PM apology. Unfortunately, I was with the kindy, 1's and 2's and they were cramped into the small hall so i was stuck standing the whole time. Am now feeling it in lower back, hips and thighs. I know i shouldn't complain as this is all prep for the birth but is it ok to say i am completely over it now, i just want to meet her!
    Monnie, you have said many times what a special times this is...is that because the body ache is so real and then there's an enormous sense of joy and relief afterward?? I hope so cause at the moment, i'd even go back to the m/s of the 1st trimester to finish the pregnancy LOL.

Oh well, at least i've got an easy day otherwise...tomorrow at the high school will be another story though.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast