Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

Well done, Arielle! Welcome to the world little Laela! Such a beautiful name.

Me... going well, apart from family issues, but will spare you that rant!

BW

Oh yay Arielle, such great news. I hope beautiful Laela gets out of her special crib and in with her mummy and Daddy soon.

BW, have read your thread about the family - you are super strong and will be such a great mum

Thanks, Jo. Haven't even started on the antics of the in-laws yet... I just want to bundle up all my relatives and send them to Mars so I don't have to deal with them!

Anyone got suggestions for muscle cramps? They are extremely painful and are just about crippling me tonight.

BW

Oh Congrats Arielle and DH on the arrival of princess Laela.What a gorgeous name too.I wish her all the be strong vibes and I hope she's out of her special cot soon and in with her mummy and daddy. Oh and yay for the flowing colostrum hun

BW I'd say PFFT to your relo's sweet. Just know that you have a huge amount of support from us BB'ers and you'll be a fantastic mummy who'll provide such a loving and caring environment for that special little "parasite"in your tum
    I can't offer any advice on the muscle cramps but I do remember them well. Maybe a nice warm(but not hot) bubble bath might help

Nic I'm sure you've got your little man in your arms now. I wish you a speedy recovery hun.

Hi girls
    Firstly: Arielle that si just awesome news congrats on the birth of your gorgeous baby girl well done!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry ive been MIA too, just trying to stay distracted till i hit the 12 week mark. still sick morning and night although ginger biscuits are good been havin quite abit of ouchy in the pubic region really weird feels like someone has kicked me anyhoo. Saw my ob for the first time last week and she is the most wonderful woman i couldnt be happier with my choice, but after intially saying i could have a VB she examined me and took history and said its really not a good idea and cs is really the best option, well that the 3rd ob to tell me that as well as a midwife so i think i might have to go with their advise. I just find it really sad that as women we can not get any support or unbiased advise for so calles "elective" ceseareans. I posted in a cs support section and got inundated by the you should do your research/ get a 2nd option/ weigh up the risks blah blah blah (sorry i bit bitter about this) my options are have a cs or face the fact that i will probably tear again (very short perineum sorry TMI) and end up with fecal incontinence like my mother and possibly another 12 month recovery like i had with DS. Anyway enough of my rant, i just wish as women we would support and impower each other no matter what are so called "choices"
    Numa: you and i are due the very same day !!!!
    BW: havent had a chance to read about your relies but packing them up and sending them to mars sounds great , you really dont need the stress take care and your nearly 12 weeks woooooohooooooooo
    Hi to all the lovelyladies in here hope your all well
    Last edited by scooby; July 1st, 2008 at 04:03 PM.

Well firstly congrats again Arielle or your wondeful little Sprogette! Well done hun and enjoy!

BW - definately pack them up and send them! As for the muscle cramps calcium and magnesium helps and if they are aching sleep with a pillow between them with the sorest on the bottom.. i feel your pain and i hope they get better.

Scooby - I completely agree you obviously have your reasons for your choices and do whatever is right by you!

Nic - Hope you are resting up and cant wait to hear your baby news!

Lol the terrific two are going great here, have started kicking which is lovely and actually starting to feel a little heavy and uncomfortable now... which stupidly surprised me. So 13 sleeps until we know what we are cooking! can't wait!

Will catch up properly soon have a great week ladies!

Shan

Meant to say BW if you get schusseler salts, magnesium,from the health shop that is great for muscle cramps and spasms, good luck.

Scooby Thats really disappointing that you didn't get the supportive responses about your upcoming c/s.
    I totally understand where you are coming from as I will be having another c/s for bub #2when the time comes as I had one with DS on recommendation from my OB which I'm sooooooo glad I did as he wouldn't have survived a single contraction let alone a vaginal birth.If you want to chat or ask any questions please feel free to either ask me here or PM me. I'm happy to give you any info or even just to be there to offer you support which we all deserve

Hi Girls
    Mako thanks so much for the support, it has been annoying me a little and i just cant seem to get any info, its mostlly how to avoid a CS. Anyway would you know with elective CS do you go on your due date or earlier and how did you go with the recovery and breast feeding ? i think they are my 2 main concerns at this stage?
    Shan: woah 2 little pairs of feet booting you thats going to be fun you must be so excited to find out if tis boys or girls or maybe one of each
    Again thanks for the support i will chill out eventually
    PS sorry another question how long after do you stay in hospital?
    Last edited by scooby; July 2nd, 2008 at 07:07 PM.

Hi Scooby,
    You're welcome sweet.
    I think it depends on your Ob and you when you'll go in for your c/s. Some Obs like bub to be born 10 days or so before your due date and others will let you go into labour 1st and then do the c/s.
    You can ask if you can have bub in recovery with you so you can bf pretty much straight away(I couldn't do this as my ds was premmie and he went straight into a humidi crib in special care) I did start to bf him the following day though and we are still going strong 8 months later
    My recovery was very good too. I didn't have any problems. I only had 2 panadol each day that I was in hospital only to keep the nurses off my back lol.I was more worried about my bub than pain relief.
    I stayed in hospital for 6 days only because my DH was away for the weekend and I didn't want to be home alone with bub and unable to drive incase I had any problems. My Ob said I could have gone home on day 4 though.( I have heard of ldies going home on day 2 but I really think thats way too soon) Just my opinion though.
    I drove my car 3 weeks after the birth too and was hanging washing on the line before this(even though I wasn't meant too "slaps hand" lol).

If you have anymore questions please ask hun

Thanks Mako
    I know what you mean about when youre in pain but too busy worrying about bubs my DS popped his lung on the way out so he was in the humidicrib for 3 days but i just expressed the whole time and then went on to feeding (which was sooooo much easier than those evil beast ( i mean breast ) pump machines. Thats good you dont have to stay in hspital too long although with DS i didnt want to leave i felt so much safer there!!
    Great to hear you had a quick recovery do you pput it down to anything eg diet, exercise or just a positive mind set? thanks again mako i hope its ok for us to be having this discussion in here. I love the dont hang out the washing my answer to that "who else is going to do it" ( really do love you DH )

Congratulations Arielle - that really is a lovely name!

Nic - I guess you will have had your little precious one by now....?

Good luck with shipping out your relies BW

Hi Lenny - how're you guys going?

Scooby - I guess they meant well, but that wasn't really very helpful, hey? Re bf, I know the ABA have booklets & info on it for those having c/s, maybe they could be some help. Like Mako says, it'll largely depend on your ob and hospital policy as far as when they do it and what happens with baby after, so asking them might be a good place to start. Hope you can get a clear plan in mind soon - probably allow you to relax and enjoy the pg better.

Take care everyone

Hi there, just sticking my head in wondering if anyone had heard from Nic?

Wishing you all the best with your exciting journeys!
    xx

barney Guest

also just wondering about nic

Hi everyone

Jumping into the PALTTTC thread for the first time since my BFP on my 4th transfer from IVF in April. I'm now a little over 15 weeks along.

I've had a difficult time with the scare of a threatened miscarriage at 7 weeks, and that - as well as actually having quite a delayed emotional reaction to the IVF and an early miscarriage on our second transfer - seemed to trigger in me a great deal of anxiety about my pregnancy. I haven't felt ok about joining the pregnancy forums until now, stupidly!

I've just moved to the UK with DH, and we received our news of our BFP the day after we arrived here, so I've been trying to cope with all the mental and emotional issues in a new environment, which has added an extra challenge. (We've been living out of suitcases and continue to do so since January when we sold our house in Melbourne, so that's been quite an experience too!!)

But... we *are* thrilled to have got this far especially on our last try before leaving Australia. Just trying to take one day at a time, and not get too worried or worked up about things I can't control or can't know about. Just trying to stay positive and look forward to our next landmark, which is our 20 week anomaly scan in just over a month.

On reading through the thread, many of the lovely ladies here I know from journals and blogs, and some I knew from the LTTTC&AC forums, so I'm really looking forward to hearing how your journeys are going and being a part of the forum here, offering support and understanding and knowing that I'm sure so much of what I'm feeling and have felt so far is really understood too.

I thought I could post personals today, but I think this post is getting too long already so I'll say a big group "Hi" and look forward to writing personals in the future.

Hope everyone is feeling well at the moment and big bellyrubs to you all.

Miss C

Welcome, Miss C, I'm glad you have finally joined us. I can completely understand the delayed reactions... I'm still in a weird state where I don't like to talk about my pregnancy with those who don't understand what it has been like for us. The people who supported us along the way are fine - they know what the miscarriages and the hyperstimulation has done to me... But with family being less than supportive and being totally cut out of the loop regarding IVF treatment - I now have a MIL who wants to do nothing more than chat about the pregnancy with me. She doesn't know that my second stim cycle put me in hospital for a week and stopped me working for a month. She doesn't know about the other two miscarriages. She certainly has no understanding of the emotional impact of those things on me and can't understand why I'm not out buying baby things already (hell, I've only just started to be able to buy maternity clothes!) and why I'm not all that comfortable talking about the baby - certainly not at any stage beyond the next milestone... scans, OB appointments, trimesters... I really can't think beyond the next step, and it makes it hard when people don't get why I'm like that and keep trying to talk to me as a normal pregnant woman!

Sorry for the epic there... strange emotional responses to pregnancy are completely normal after going through so much to get here.

Also getting worried about Nic... did she not arrange for someone to post a birth announcement?

BW

Congrats Miss C, I received so much support here as i didn't cope well with the emotions of being pg. It's a great place to share and be supported.

Nic: hope all is well and you are spending these wonderful days with DH, DD and your new little bundle of joy.

marcellus: I'm faking it, 'til i make it. Liam is asleep now, but there are never enough hours in the day, i'm sure you know that. How you cope with working is beyond me!!!

Yay welcome Miss C so lovely to see you and CB joining us!

And yep completely agree with BW i had a slight melt down yesterday we went to look at furniture and DH was so excited he wanted to buy it right there and then which scared the crap out of me i was there to "tentatively look" and we took home two cots and a change table.. the sales lady thought i was crazy because i was petrified at the thought of actually buying something. I think people just have to be patient it does take us longer we arent used to good news and happy endings just yet... but by the end we will be!

Lenny - so glad to hear things with you are going great, hope you are feeling a lot better!

Also wondering about Nic....

Shan

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast