Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

Wink

Congrats Arielle and it is a beautiful name

Nic - are you out there?? hopefully holding bub right now

Hi to everyone, hope your all doing well

xx

Nuchal scan went great today - despite my freak outs before hand! I still have trouble getting my head around the size of the baby now, so I was initially concerned when I couldn't see anything that remotely resembled a heart beat until the sonographer pointed to the tiny little flicker in the chest. It seems our baby is a bit uncooperative with having measurements taken, sat very still (probably asleep!) through the first stages, but as soon as the sonographer went to measure the nuchal fold, the baby woke up and commenced squirming, wriggling, twisting and flipping over making it really hard!

I'm told that my age-related risk of downs syndrome is 1:371, and after the scan it came down to 1:1447 so I'm feeling quite good about things. I probably won't go chasing the blood results and how that changes things again until I get to next week's OB appointment. Everything is looking great. We got lots of pictures this time - even some gorgeous 3D ones where our little parasite just looks so cute and comfy snuggled in.

My right ovary is still enlarged, but appears to be coming down slowly. Posterior placenta, I'm told - does this mean anything good or bad or is just a statement of position?

Hope everyone is well... Starting to get worried about Nic, though. Has been ages since we heard anything. Hopefully she's just too busy with her new little bundle and all is ok.

BW

BW on a fantastic NT scan. What great results and its lovely that you got some pics too.

I thought I should mention that Nic was having a c/s so she has probably spent most of if not all of the past week in hospital recovering.(I was in for 6 days with Sage).

Nic just know that we are all thinking of you hun

BW - Congrats on the fantastic scan results... go parasite! Nope posterior just means its sitting at the back which will be better for feeling the babies kicks.

Struggling a little bit here with sciatica which is causing me a fair bit of pain when i sit down, so really struggling at work. Went to see GP today about this freckle they want to cut off but want 100 different opinions before they take it out whilst i am pregnant, so off to the dermatologist next for a final decision. Though she did get out the magical doppler and i got to hear babies heartbeats for the fist time via doppler, was amazing and both and going great. Very wiggly today which is nice

Oh Nic hope you are healing up nicely and bubs is going great!

Shan

Hi girls
    BW: so glad your scan went well that is just awesome and im sure its such a relief for you know to get to that magical point, good luck and big hugs
    Shan: so sorry about the sciatica, that is so painful and unless youve had it you dont get how bad the pain is, i supoose its really hard to get something you can take to stop the pain as anti inflammatories are off the list. Dont know if youve tried homoeopathics but hypericum is suppose to be really good for nerve pain. Good luck also with the dermatologist hopefully you wont need anything cutting off.
    Nic: hope your doing well and healing quickly very gentle
    Miss C: sooooo glad to see you in here and im glad your pregnancy is going well, totally understand the caution, its so difficult to feel excited after the effort and losses. I was just saying that to DH yesterday, 2 of my friends are preg with there first, both had no hassles falling and have never had m/cs and i envy so much there "innocence" (if thats the right word) i would love to be so carefree and relaxed and believe that nothing can go wrong, unfortuantely too many of us know different! Good luck miss C and i lok forward to sharing this journey with you. PS hows the UK treating you?
    Marcellus: thanks for that info i am going to get on to that as it is one of my biggest worries about the CS, thanks!!
    AFM: going good, still sick but it is such a comfort (ridiculous i know) im 11 weeks now so starting to relax "alittle" ill be 12 weeks on monday but im not having my scan till wed, so just over a week to go, yeeehaaaa
    Well girls hope your all keeping well

Any news on Nic? Hope you and bub are doing well hun. We're all thinking of you. xo

BW - great news on your scan! I am so pleased to hear all is progressing beautifully.

Shan - sciatica? ouchies! You poor thing. Hope it buggers off real soon!
    Yay for the wiggles!! Always nice and reassuring, hey.

Scooby! Bring on the 2nd trim (and BW too). Hope you start to feel more and more relaxed and confident with each day hun. You're doing great!

ME? Trying to type with one hand is tricky! All's going great with us. Laela pulled through really well. The doc was rather impressed. Obviously a tough chick. The doc says she is pretty sure she had pneumonia. She somehow contracted it in utero. Bazaar!!!
    Anways, she's home now, doing great, and we're loving it!! I can't wait for all of you pg LTTTC'ers to get to the same point. It really is awesome!!! The best feeling ever, and worth every iota of angst I went through.

Take care all.

Ari

Thanks so much everyone for the welcome! It feels soooo nice to be here now!

BW - so very glad to hear about your scan results! BRILLIANT!! I'm glad you feel so good about the nuchal fold results too - it's a really good result! I know I felt similarly when my risk dropped after the scan - a similar drop to you too. And watching Parasite being cheeky and not letting the sonographer get those measurements must have been a real thrill! We were the opposite - CB wouldn't stop moving for the first part of the scan, and then we had to wait for it / encourage it into the right position for the nuchal scan, and then it behaved beautifully then! Kept very still and quiet! I hope the blood test results at your OB appointment give your further peace of mind, and hope things continue along the wonderful path their travelling for you. Another milestone you've reached. Huge congratulations! Great to hear that your ovary is slowly but surely getting better too.

Lenny - thanks for the words of encouragement I hope Liam's doing well and you're getting some rest and enjoying motherhood!

Shan - ahhhh, I'm sorry to hear about the sciatica hun. I don't know what it's like, but I can understand the feeling of having discomfort a lot of the time. My back is starting to play up a little now as CB starts this big growth spurt at this time, all because of the broken coccyx/damaged sacrum I sustained about 18 months ago, but more than that the IBS-related pain and discomfort so far during the pregnancy is tiring me, even though I feel so relieved that it's not affecting / anything to do with CB. I hope you're able to get some relief from it, and that you feel ok.
    Glad you're getting lots of opinions about your freckle, so you feel very comfortable with whatever has to happen. Hope it all works out.
    I completely understand how amazing that sound that comes out of the doppler is for the first time - I'm still buzzing from the weekend! Enjoy the wigglets, hun. I hope it's nice distraction from the sciatica. Oh, and congratulations on getting the cots! What a exciting, brave step! I know how that must have felt (see more below) Well done

scooby - It's so nice to see you in here when the last time we were posting to each other was in the LTTTC forums! I know it's a bit late, but congratulations to you!! My m/s started to improve during week 12, and even though I missed the reassurance it gave me, I didn't miss the nausea! My BBs have taken over the reassurance role a fair bit now - it's ridiculous how sore they get sometimes now! I'm very pleased to hear that you are starting to relax a little bit, and I really understand what you mean by "innocence". I described it to DH that way too. You're spot on. I hope the time to your scan goes quickly, and that you have a wonderful scan that brings you lots of excitement and reassurance.

Ari - so glad to hear that Laela is home and with you! Yay!! It's wonderful to hear that motherhood is making you feel so happy and fulfilled - more than anything in the world

BW & Shan - I totally understand the whole moving through the pregnancy in small steps. I can only think about the next scan, the next milestone, certainly not the having-a-baby part, as well. DH is very keen on shopping for baby clothes already (he's bought quite a lot now), and has researched prams and cots etc. already. He's so very excited and this is the way that he expresses his excitement that everything is going well, but I've found this uncomfortable a lot of the time. I have trouble feeling ok about thinking about and preparing for a baby yet. I'm getting better though, and I went shopping with DH for some baby clothes at a sale a couple of days ago. Felt weird, but not as uncomfortable as it has been. Maybe it just takes time to get through the anxiety, to get past the emotional aspects and adjust to the having-a-baby part. And sharing that with people like you who understand completely makes a huge difference to me not feeling like "the lady who can't enjoy her 'normal' pregnancy".

All is well here. It just feels like a big turning point to be in here with you ladies in the forum And since we went through the anxiety on the weekend of ending up in the emergency department of the local hospital (long story, but it involved being told by my midwife on Sunday to see a doctor because of consistent pain in my lower abdomen that had been building in intensity for a number of days - only place to see a doctor on a Sunday in the UK is at the A&E!) and to be relieved of that anxiety that something may have been wrong after this ongoing pain, we also got to hear the baby's heart beat as well for the first time, after the worry of not hearing it a number of times before that - I am feeling relaxed and getting excited about the idea of everything being ok for the first time! It's a really nice feeling!

Really hoping Nic is recovering well and everything with the birth went well. Hope you're well, Nic!!

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; July 9th, 2008 at 03:29 AM.

Hi everyone

I think I might be ready to post in here, am feeling like I need to talk.

I?m 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant following a miscarriage early last year. I fell pg again on my fourth cycle of OI/IUI, 15 months after my miscarriage.

I am really scared about losing this one, having gone through a lot of heartache to get here. I really should remind myself how lucky I am to be pg, but it?s so hard to shake the fear.

I?m still terrified that I?m going to lose this one without knowing it ? which is what happened last time. My next scan (the NT scan) is next Wednesday, I was feeling OK about it but now I?m getting quite anxious so I?ll probably be a mess by then.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all through our pg journeys and am sending you all lots of and

D
    xxx

Welcome Devon and congratulation on your beautiful pregnancy! Hope everything went well with the nuchal scan and you are feeling a little better

Shan

hi Girls
    Devon: welcome and congrats we are actually due about the same time and my scan is wednesday as well. And im sure as you have read im very much the same as you, i lost an angel at the end of last year, it was an ectopic, and an m/c a few years before and i have been just soo nervous, ive had 4 scans already all showing excellent signs and the last one the ob said to me its going to take alot to disturb this pregnancy now, BUT, 1 week later im a basket case again. I wanted to ask my nana to the 12 week scan as she has never experienced anything like that, and im just too nervous to ask her, id hate it if she was there and things werent good.
    Well just wanted to let you know i do get exactly how your feeling and it helps so much to talk about it. I really hope after next week we can get on and enjoy this wonderful journey together ( and i can finally put a ticker up . Good luck and please know we are all here if you need to talk
    Arielle: so happy laela is doing well that must of been scary, but you sound so happy it truly is wonderful.
    Miss C: So glad you got to hear the heartbeat it must have been such a relief after all that. Dont know whats going on but the MS is actually worse this week, maybe a nerve thing, but i have been so busy at work i havent had time to think about it too much which is really good, 3 days to go
    Would love some opinions: As i mentioned i really want to take my nana to my 12 week scan, she has never seen anything like that before and she is so worried she wont live to see the baby ( even though she 84 theres really no reason why she wont) but am soooooo scared it might not be good even though scan last week said other wise. What would you do?
    Thanks girls hope your all well

Arielle, CONGRATULATIONS!! So very glad to hear all went well Love the name Laela and especially the way you have spelt it.

Shannon, how beautiful that you are now feeling the twins kicking around.

BW, I'm so very glad to hear all went well with your last scan.

missC, so nice to see you posting in here too

BIG hello to everyone else, sorry for the lack of personals, little man is having a nap (which I'm sure will be a short one since I am doing something lol) so thought I would log on quickly. We got home late last night. I spent 5 days in hospital, which was a day longer than we had discussed with the OB, but I ended up vomiting all day and night on day 2, so I had to go back to a clear fluid diet...lucky me! and he wouldn't let me go home until I was better. I ended up having a GA for the c/s as I freaked out a little, and the OB suggested that it would probably be a better option for me.
    Our gorgeous little man, according to our OB, came into the world screaming his lungs out at 9.46am on Monday, after a couple of little hiccups along the way. He weighed 7lb 10oz, and was 50 cms long. He is just absolutely gorgeous, and I'm so in love with him. I even shed a few tears this morning watching him feed.
    I will aim to write up my birth story one day soon, and will have to go and make the BA hey. Thanks for all the well wishes, it was lovely to come home and read them.
    I will try to come in and catch up with you all a bit more later on

Nic

Congratulations, Nic! Good to see you back at last.

BW

Yay Congrats Nic! Well done! Hope you are feeling a lot better and enjoying being home with the kids Now i might be having a blonde moment but what is the gorgeous ones name?

you sound so in love and it is wonderful!

Devon - Ooops that was a definate blonde moment! Scan next week good luck and i cant wait to hear the news!

Scooby - Have you thought about maybe waiting and asking her to the 19 week scan if you are really nervous about this one? Just do whatever you are more comfortable with and i will have everything crossed for you for wonderful results and nice little show for your bubba next week.

Shan

HUGE congrats to Nic, Nics DH and DD!!
    You sound so in love. I'm stoked for you hun. Well done. I look forward to reading your Birth Story. I'm nowhere near ready to write mine yet.
    Enjoy your precious lil' man.
    Luv Arielle
    xo

Congratulations, Nic! So happy to hear everything has gone well. I hope you're recovering quickly, and that you enjoy being Mum to your beautiful new baby boy. So glad that you're feeling so content!

Devon - welcome to the thread I've just joined in here too. I know you'll find everyone here really understanding and supportive of what you're feeling at the moment. What you've mentioned about being fearful is really common for women who have experienced loss and/or difficulty on their journey to have a child, so please know how much we do understand and appreciate how you are feeling. It's a big step to start talking about your pregnancy and how you're feeling, so good on you for getting in here and posting I really hope that your NT scan goes well - I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday.

scooby - I agree with Shannon, hun. I think you need to do first ahead of anything else what is going to make you feel the most comfortable on the day of the scan. If it's making you feel more nervous about any potential results from the scan (which I'm hoping very much, and I'm sure they will be great results, given how well everything has been going so far) with the thought of having your Nan there, then maybe it's best if you ask your Nan to the next scan you have, or even find out if they can provide you with DVD/video footage of the scan, and pictures that you can show her after the event, when you're feeling relaxed and ok about it. I think BW mentioned that at her most recent scan she was able to get DVD as well as pictures, so I'm sure there's some places that do this, and it's worth checking. Of course it's important that your Nan has the opportunity to experience your pregnancy, particularly with her concerns, but always remember that you, your feelings and your needs come first. I think it's really lovely that you're thinking about your Nan's needs, hun. I'll be thinking about you Monday, and I hope the m/s starts to improve for you soon!

to BW, Shan, Arielle, Lenny, lis and everyone else who's in the thread at the moment. Hope you're all doing well, and I'm thinking of you

Miss C

Aww Nic welcome back, and congratulations! I hope the hiccups along the way are all behind you now. I think i would need a GA if someone was coming at me with a knife too!!!
    Well done and I hope you have a wonderful few days settling in at home.

YAY nic. I was getting abit worried about you hun. So glad all is well. Congrats hun. Welcome little one. xxxx

Congratulations Nic! Sounds like little Luke was really in a hurry to meet you all. Hope your DD is enjoying being a big sister.

Congratulations also to Devon and Miss C - hope you find lots of help and support through this thread.

Glad to hear your scan went so well BW

Hi Lenny - love your 'location' lol. Havn't been out there myself for a while cause we're still waiting for our washing machine to get fixed. NEver going to buy anything from electrolux again.

Belly rubs to all you other lovely ladies

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast