Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

TL, you'll probably find that (unless you have PCOS) you'll be able to just have the normal GCT instead of a full on GTT. It goes for an hour, doesn't involve fasting and is much less gruelling than the big test Shannon and I have to do.

I'm pretty sure that I'll have to do more GTTs through this pregnancy But at least I know what to expect now.

BW

waiting1 Guest

sorry to be ignorant but what is GTT

GTT = Glucose tolerance test. A particularly nasty form of torture that involves a three day carb binge, followed by fasting... You then front up to the pathology centre and have blood taken and give a urine sample. This is followed by drinking the icky glucose drink... an hour later they take another blood test, followed by another an hour after that... At this point they finally release you feeling sick and dizzy to be able to eat!

Had acupuncture this evening, and have a few suggestions of things to follow up on what may be causing the anemia... Today has been way worse than normal and I'm really tired and dizzy - seriously not fun!

BW

Hello everyone,

I received my brilliant news on Sunday 31st that I was pregnant.

Is it too soon to be booked in with an Ob and at the hospital that I want to have the baby in? My GP said to go for it, but I'm a bit nervous that I am going to Jinx it.

Nixon, I booked in to see my OB as soon as I could. I was really nervous as I couldn't face cancelling the appointments after my first miscarriage and had to get DH to do it. But I had a scan at just past 6 weeks with my FS, and then a little over two weeks later I was in seeing my OB having another scan. I'm much happier seeing them early!

BW

Thanks BW. I will be having a 7 week scan around the week of Sept 22 - 26.

I have booked an Ob, but i was also worried that I don't know him and the receptionist said he wouldn't normally see me until week 10 and I was worried that by then it would be too late to change.

Nic my Ob saw me at 8 weeks and I will see him again at 10 make sure you feel comfortable sweet

Well done and

I've read some really good things about him and have posted a new thread to see if I can find out more. My GP referred us to Dr. Lok at SIVF and I couldn't have been more grateful for that, so there is a history of good choices from my GP and that makes it a bit easier.

I'm also going for a tour of north shore private next week, so I'm hoping that will ease some nerves as well.

Hope you are going well TL - we won't be too far apart with our deliveries... I'm only 4 weeks and 2 days. Early days yet, but I'm keeping a positive outlook and I am going to enjoy every second of this pregnancy no matter what.

Good luck with everything.
    X

Nic that is an excellent outlook we must enjoy this and be postive I say. So happy you are here

Congratulations Nixon!! I booked in early as well. I've done the hospital tour, booked in with my GP/OB and I see him in 2 weeks. I was really nervous about doing it all so early as well, but at the same time, I didn't want to miss out on the model of care at this particular hospital that I wanted.

I haven't been too well overnight. Woke up at about 1am with awful tummy pains like I needed to vomit. Finally got back to sleep at about 5, so I'm having a day off today to try and get some rest. I'm exhausted. I'm about to make an appt with my GP as well to see if he will send me for another scan, and see if he makes anything of the pains I've been getting. Oh, and I little bit of spotting last night which completely freaked me out but there has been nothing since.

Good luck Megan. i hope everything is ok.

waiting1 Guest

Welcome Nixon.
    I booked in as soon as MIVF gave me the positive. They told me too and lucky I did or I would never have got into the obstetrician I wanted. not sure if Syd is the same.
    I had my 6 week scan with the fertility doctor and she said it looked a bit small so had a repeat with the Freemasons ultrasound that said everything perfect at 7 weeks and my first ob appointment was today at 8.5 weeks. They booked in St vincents private for me and did everything.
    My next with her is in 6 weeks but I have my 12 week scan back at Freemasons in about 3 and half weeks.
    My FS said after 7 weeks scan they don't like patients to book obs before the all clear at 7 weeks but balh to that. If I had done that I would have missed out.
    Anyway ob appointment was good. All measuring perfectly great heartbeat (third time I have seen it so reassuring every time). Just have to make it to the illusive 12 week mark.
    Good luck.

Hi guys - just wanted to let you know I will be leaving this post today as found out today that I am miscarrying or have already miscarried. Very rough few days - incredibly pain due to a large haemorrhaging ovarian cyst from the stimulation and then the bleeding starting. Pain is resolving thank goodness but obviously feel very sad. Hopefully will be back in this post again soon.

wishing you all the best of luck and lots of sticky vibes

Baby miracles

Babymiracles, I am so sorry to read your news this afternoon. Take care of yourself.

BW

Oh Baby Mircles I am so sorry to hear your news sweetie please take care of yourself

thanks so much BW and TL. Wishing you both all the best for ongoing healthy pregnancies.
    Not sure how to feel at the moment - imagine next couple of weeks might be hard.

Babymiracles, I'm so sorry to hear your news Take care and hopefully you'll be back in this thread soon. All the best...

waiting1 Guest

babymiracles - so sorry to hear your news. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast