Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

My heart leapt for joy when i saw your name Ellie,
    Biggest hugs to you

Hi everyone!

Ellie - big congratulations on your pregnancy! And congratulations on seeing the heartbeat on Tuesday, that's one big hurdle out of the way. Welcome to the thread and looking forward to chatting to you. I can only imagine how terrified you must be, I have lost one baby and I am still so worried that something will go wrong. Can I ask how far along your angel babies were? I really hope that this little one is a stayer for you.

MissC - thanks hun! It sounds like you're feeling really good, which is fantastic. I hope the pregnancy yoga goes well. I really recognise what you said to BW - I start to feel a bit scared again a few days after a good ultrasound - I need evidence that things are still going well. It sounds like you got some pretty offhand treatment from your OB - surely they should be used to pg women's anxieties and need for reassurance?

BW - oh geez, I would be hugely disappointed with that OB appointment!! We hang out for weeks for these appointments, to have it over in 5 minutes would be awful. It's great that you have a friend who can advise you on pg stuff. I've found the midwives at my OB's rooms to be quite available for me - the one who is in on Fridays said I can come in for a reassurance scan whenever I want. I wonder if there's anyone else who could do a quick scan for you when you're worried? Regarding the iron - I was advised by the midwife to take 'Spatone' - its an iron-rich mineral water from Wales (not whales and my friend thought!!), I take one sachet a day in a glass of juice, you can take up to two if pg. The iron is supposed to be more readily available to your body than that in tablets. But of course, I'd check any recommendation out first. I think it's made me feel a lot better, less breathless and more energy.

Big day for me today - I bought my first maternity clothes! Bought a pair of jeans and an elasticised boob tube thing that also acts as a top extender. I felt really weird buying maternity clothes - I still haven't really properly acknowledged that I'm pg, I felt a bit like a fraud just going into the shop. But my belly is getting too big to fit into my normal clothes - I haven't been able to wear jeans for weeks. We also told my SIL. DH got out the ultrasound pics and handed them to her - she immediately burst into tears! She's very sweet, and took her 2 years to get pg with her DS, so she understands that side of things. It was really lovely. Still feels scary telling people, I feel like I'm going to jinx it.

I hope everyone else is doing well and little bubbas are going strong.

Love
    Devon
    xxxx

Ellie, I'm SO happy to see you hear!

Devon, I know the feeling about maternity clothes! That was our mission today - find some! I felt really strange trying them on when I don't have an obvious belly, but even the size 14 help I have OHSS clothes won't fit much longer!

As for the OB appointment - it wouldn't have been much longer even if she hadn't been called away, we just might have had a bit more time for some social chit-chat and a few questions. Apparently I'm now at the utterly boring stage of pregnancy where the first trimester risks are gone and there's virtually no chance of the other pregnancy complications setting in yet. So all they can do is check my blood pressure and do a quick scan! I feel so much better now that I know everything that happened is standard, even the double dosing on the iron tablets (for everyone whose levels are below 100, mine were 90). I guess it's just strange to now be "medically normal" after the unidentifiable arthritis and the complicated IVF history I have. It's really hard to get my head around being a low risk pregnancy at this point in time.

Oh, we're telling church tomorrow! DH has done up a little powerpoint thingy with trumpet fanfares and a scan picture. It's rather cute, but it's a huge step that I'm freaking out over a little! Again, can't get my head around being low-risk, normal and OK for the first time in my life in about 7 years!

BW

Ellie - Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you're feeling well, and I know you'll feel really supported and understood here. It's a big step coming into the forum, especially when you're feeling really scared about the pregnancy, but I'm so glad you've taken the leap So glad that everything is going well for you and the baby so far - the heartbeat is the most miraculous thing!! May everything continue to go well, and you're super-sticky bub keep growing away beautifully.

Devon - congratulations on the maternity purchases!! I've found buying maternity clothes and even some baby items now really helpful for accepting and getting over the disbelief of the pregnancy. And it's perfectly normal to feel like a fraud - I really understand that feeling. I think time is really the best thing that helps that, as you start to feel more and more secure of everything continuing to progress on the path it is. It's wonderful that you know that you can have a scan for reassurance. What a lovely response from the SIL - really nice that she really gets the importance of where you're at and what you've gone through to some extent. Hope you and baby are continuing to feel well

BW - it must be very weird after all this time, all that you've been through not just TTC but healthwise to be told "OK, you're fine, now go relax - we don't need to do anything else for you". Very hard to get your head around, I'm sure! I understand that too. I think our brains get conditioned to believe that we're not capable of staying pregnant because of loss and "failure", and it correlates particularly to how much "failure" and loss you've been through. It's something that's really hard mentally to get your head around, especially when you're told you're "normal". But I've been trying to embrace that about being pregnant now. All the pieces fell into place, and now my body is doing what comes naturally. Sustaining and developing a pregnancy. Some days it's easier to feel that than others, and some days the worries are back, and other days they're not. And I'm glad that you feel more relaxed about the standard things that have been happening. I hope they help you relax, even though that mental battle will always be hard.

Miss C

Ellie...congratulations!

May this pregnancy be one that is flooded with joy and hope and giggles!

So thrilled for you!

Hi Everyone
    sorry about the flying visit have been sooo busy and sooooo tired went to bed at 7.30 last night and woke at 9.30 this morning, crazy!!!!!
    Ive just been reading through everyones posts and the information and support is just amazing to feel like all the emotions we are going through are not just US!!!! And missC you have the most wonderful way with words i would love to explain things with such clarity, uinfortunately i waffle
    BW: hope all went well at church today, i bet you will be overwhelmed with the love and support that you DO DESERVE!!!!! Good luck. BW from what i have learnt of you over the past few monthes no matter how you feel at the moment i know you could never forget your angels you do deserve to be happy so enjoy your beautiful bub, there may even be a little of your angel babies wrapped up in parasite you just never know
    Devon: woah buying preg gear, ive done a few trips around but havent been able to do the purchase yet still doing my pants up with a safety pin!!!! i know what you mean about it being such a huge deal. I havent had to tell anyone im preg yet cause everyone knew with the IVF and everything, but i told someone for the first time and as soon as the words left my lips i was sure i was going to have a spontaneous MC i felt so ridiculous!!!!
    Miss C: good luck with the yoga, that sounds really great and sooo relaxing enjoy. I dont think leaky boobs are anything to worry about mine started with DS when i was about 30 weeks but i think it is just part of getting everything ready.
    Hi to anyone i missed.
    The scan was awesome on monday i got a 3 and 4 D done and bub actually stood up and did a couple of little leaps it was so cute and just totally amazing. I had actually been getting some little flutters last weekend and thought it was overcompensation for the spotting, but the ob said its very poss sayin it 2nd pregnancy and that the placenta isnt in the way so i was very excited!!! Think bubs has moved over though as they are not as strong as they were at the beginning of the week. Im so tempted to get a doppler too BW although im worried i might do my own head in with it and i know if i couldnt find the heart beat i would absolutly freak !!!! Emmm need to give it some more thought. Has anyone else been havin the naughty dreams im starting to get a little embarresed by all my conquests!!!!!
    Well have a great weekend girls keep well !!!
    Ellie: WELCOME!!!!! congrats on the pregnancy it truly is wonderful and hopefully you will get to relax a little and enjoy it soon!!!!

Oh Ellie Congratulations!!!! So happy to see you in here and what wonderful news about the heartbeat!

Will catch up on personals tomorrow, hope you all had a great weekend!!

Shan

Thanks heaps for the warm welcome..have been throwing up all day so forgive me for being short...will catch up on personals when I get the head out the bucket lol!

WOOHOO Ellie Its great to see you here. I'm sooooo happy for you hun and I'm pleased that you've had your head in the bucket all day. No just kidding but I am really happy for you

Hi Everyone, I just thought I would pop my head in though it is only very early days yet... I just got my first BFP today and am over the moon. HCG is at 480 (4 weeks pregs today) which the nurse said is a really good level.

I have met a few of you in the LTTTC threads before and hope to be keeping you company in here for the next 8 months.

My first scan with the FS is on August the 7th everything will be perfect at that time.

Janie xxx

Congrats, Janie. That is a fantastic level.

I will chat more when I get home from work.

BW

Janie
    WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    that is awesome news congrats and so good to see you in here. those levels sound great!!!!
    Well done loads of

Congratulations Janie!! That's wonderful news, and those sound like fantastic levels! Your baby must be settling in really well! Looking forward to chatting over the next 8 months!

I'm quite upset this afternoon, I just found out that my SIL has gone into pre-term labour at 33 weeks. She's in hospital and they've given her an injection to stop the contractions and another to help mature the baby's lungs if he's born too early. I'm so scared for them. She and my brother are in the US so I can't talk to or see them. I'm really upset that this is happening to them, they must be so scared

Devon
    xxxx

OMG ELLIE!!!!

congratulations. i was just browsing BB as i havent been here for ages and was actually checking on BW (hey girl!)

good luck hun with this pregnancy and i hope to join you shortly..... i am about to have my final transfer if bubsicle defrosts healthily

take care

Hey Sonya. Best of luck for that final bubsicle of yours.

Never quite made it back on last night. Last night I was at work for parent teacher interviews after taking the day off because of severe back pain. I had a bowen therapy treatment which has helped heaps, but it certainly seems as though I've got the nasty back and pelvis problems of later pregnancy setting in stupidly early. Something also tells me that I'm showing quite obviously right now. Perhaps it was the "gee, you're really starting to show now, BW" from my head of department last night, or the fact that I can only just do up the size 14 help I have OHSS jeans that I bought early on. I had hoped to get a little further along before I had to go to full time maternity clothing, but it looks like the bump just isn't cooperating.

Devon, I'm really sorry to hear about what your family is going through. I'll be hoping and praying that everything turns out ok and they can get bub to stay inside a little longer.

Have a great day everyone. Hope all is well.

BW

Hi Everyone and thanks for the warm welcome.

Devon, my sister had severe pre-eclampsyia and had to have her son delivered at 24 weeks and 4 days. I won't say that it has been easy, but my nephew is now just over a month old and is stable and growing well. It is amazing what they can do with these early babies and the staff in the NICU are amazing. I send you and your family so much love and that your niece/nephew arrives safely.

Janie xxx

Hi everyone
    Devon - Ectopic was the furthest we've ever got which was 7.5 weeks. Hoping everything has worked out ok with your brother...my girlfriends twins arrived at 30 weeks...they just turned 2! It is amazing what can be done to support these little bubs these days...hang in there!
    Janie - Congratulations!!! Look forward to sharing this exciting journey with you!
    BW - Sounding wonderful...so happy for you!
    A big hi to everyone else...struggling to keep up with it all today...

Me...I've spent the last two days in hospital...apparently throwing up non stop for three weeks and not keeping anything down is not a good thing! So they put me on a drip to rehydrate me and gave me some lovely medication to stop me spewing...just lovely to have a break for a bit!!!
    See the Ob on the 1st August...will they automatically scan me to check bub is still ok???

Ellie, I've had two ob appointments so far, and at each (even the stupidly rushed one) they've done a quick scan to check on bubs. She hasn't tried too hard to get a good view (mainly because I keep going in with an empty bladder!), but has checked for a heart beat each time. If I'm reading things correctly, you're now further than you've ever been before? I guess it's a very nervous time for you either way... hang in there!

BW

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast