Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on my brother and SIL. Had an email this morning saying that the test they did for something called 'fetal fibronectin' was negative. I read that this is some kind of 'glue' that helps the foetus attach, so the fact that the test was negative means there is only a very slim chance that the baby will be born in the next two weeks - which is great. SIL will be in hospital till Friday, and then on partial bed rest and medication for two weeks. Very relieved that the baby is not coming now! Two more weeks inside will be great for him.

Ellie - you poor thing! That sounds absolutely dreadful. I hope you are feeling better and the morning sickness can be kept under control. I have had a scan at every appointment I've had so far (I've had four so far in this pregnancy), so I'm sure your OB will give you a quick scan. This must be a really anxious time for you, I hope the days till your appointment pass really quickly and you get to see that gorgeous heartbeat before you know it.

BW - sorry to hear about your back. I tend to have back issues, so I know it's going to be a problem for me. My lower back is sore quite a bit of the time, I've been sleeping with a pillow for support under/between my knees since I found out I was pg, and it does seem to help. I know what you mean about the belly - I am freaking huge! I think I look weeks ahead of where I am. I love it - it feels very reassuring. I like the mat jeans I bought, they look like normal jeans but with a soft, elasticised section instead of the zip and buttons. It was a relief to be able to wear something comfortable, and you can't tell they're mat jeans when I put the belly band or a long singlet over the top of them.

11 sleeps till my next OB appointment, really want to see the baby and see whether s/he's still OK.

Janie, Scooby, Shannon, MissC and anyone I may have missed - I hope you're all doing marvellously and I'm sending you lots of

Devon
    xxxx

Hi everyone
    Woah disappear for a little while and it all happens
    Devon: So glad everything is looking better for your brother and his wife, that is sooo scary, and i know its so hard for you when you want to be by there side and cant be! Hope that little man is going to hang in there for at LEAST a few more weeks
    Ellie: i promise i am NEVER going to feel sorry for myself with the MS again, you poor thing. The good thing is MS is a sign of a very healthy pregnancy so hang in there !!!
    Miss C: how ya going ?
    BW: it must be so wonderful for you now to see that gorgeous little bump, i am just so stoked for you!!! Howd it go at church?
    Janie: once again so glad your here!!!!!!
    Sorry to anyone i missed hello
    Well we decided to tell DS about the baby in mummys tummy and he is just so excited i was so worried about the huge gap as he turns 5 soon, but he cant wait and he is so well natured with our baby nephew so it should be good. Im getting brave i put up my ticker and bought some maternity jeans all in one day, but they are soooooooo much more comfortable and i must admit i dont miss the getting jagged when the safety pin kept popping open on my other jeans. Ob rang with scan results saying all was well, but because of the spotting and low placenta she said no gym and unfortunately i am consuming waaaayyyyyyy too much food, here we go( and i dont mean with baby!!!!)

Ellie! How happy was I when I saw the news! (not head in the bucket part of course)...big hugs and congratulations hun...hope you soon will get over the 'throwing up part' and start to enjoy the pregnancy...if you ever need to talk, you know I am here for you...

BW, have also been quietly checking on your progress as well, so glad you are now being associated with words like 'medically normal, low risk and text book pregnancy' and hope it won't change a bit for the upcoming months!

Thanks, BeiBei. The mind doesn't necessarily match the body at the moment. Feeling a bit stressy today... I think I'll probably stay kinda stressy until I can feel regular movement. On class at the moment so should get back to it.

BW

Hi BeiBei...was only thinking about you earlier today...thanks for always being there for me...I am absolutely terrified and still dread going to the loo in case it's all over...think I'll be like this for a while yet!
    BW...totally get the stress hun...until these little ones are in our arms we will be holding our breath...we have to believe in these little ones...our little miracles...and to think they are prayed for all the world over!!!

Ellie, I'm still terrified of loo trips! I have a funny feeling it will never stop.

BW

Hey Bei Bei

I continue to think of you and just pray that it happens so soon for you...

Take care chickie!
    Last edited by sushee; July 25th, 2008 at 10:15 PM.

Hi Monnie,

That's so sweet of you to come in to say hello...I can't believe Felix is almost one, how time flies! You must be so proud! Take care hun, I hope too soon will have some news to tell, not given up yet!

Yeah Beibei...I can't believe he's almost one too! Quite amazing!

Every day I look at him and am just so thankful for his little life.

Hang in there chickie...I hope the herbals work wonderfully!

My cousin's little girl was her 3rd IVF attempt and she puts down the success to that being the first cycle that she tried herbals...wishing the same for you!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Ellie...you poor chickie! Hope the m/s clears up really quickly...

Just popping in to say hi to everyone... Scooby and Devon, are we due on the same day?!

Hi Numa
    yes we are all the same day how funny, we'll need to start havin bets on who goes first Hope your keepin well.
    Hi to all the other girls hope your all well

Hey Numa

It's amazing how many women on BB are due on the 26th of Jan! Must have been something in the air in May. I definitely don't want to go early, my OB is on holidays until the 19th of Jan, so I need to hold on for him.

I've been having quite bad lower back pain all today, and last night as well. It's making me freak out a little bit, even though I've had it a couple of times in this pregnancy and I do tend to have a bad back. Just so worried that something's going to go wrong. I thought I had a UTI, but the first test results I got back were negative. Have been drinking water like there's no tomorrow and seems to be getting a little bit better.

Next OB appointment is Monday afternoon and it can't come fast enough for me. I need to see that little bub is OK.

How is everyone else doing? to all.

Devon
    xxxx

Hi everyone

Devon - hang in there, hun. It's so hard to feel comfortable and ok when you're hanging out for the next time you get to know the baby is ok. And when you have pain and discomfort to contend with, it makes it even harder to believe that everything is ok. I know that feeling really well too. And it's completely ok to feel this way. Really understand I really hope the time til Monday goes by as quick as possible. I'm sorry to hear your back isn't so good - have you tried used a warm (not hot) heat bag? I also bought a pillow designed specifically for pregnancy that supports your back, bump and legs when you're sleeping and I've found that really good for the hip and pelvis discomfort I get - even better than sleeping with a pillow between the knees, I've found. My midwifes also told me that it's not uncommon to get back pain when bloated and/or constipated - not suggesting this is what you have but just thought I would add it in to this mix in case it's helpful. Hang in there, hun. Thinking of you lots.

scooby - Well done on getting your ticker going! It's a great feeling when you feel ok about doing that, isn't it? I'll get in on those bets you're proposing sounds like lots of fun! Really nice that you, Devon and numa all have each other as belly buddies. How are you feeling at the moment?

BW - how's your back going? I hope it's not giving you too much misery at the moment

Ellie - been thinking of you lots, and hope everything is travelling really well with you and the baby, and that you're feeling as relaxed as you can.

Shan - haven't heard how you're going in a while, hun. Hope everything is going great guns, and looking forward to hearing from you

Hi to numa, Janie and everyone else in the thread - sending big belly rubs and warm wishes.

Things have become quite busy - DH got a job at the end of last week (YAY!), and we've been looking for a place to live. We've found a couple of houses we're really interested in, so we'll see how they pan out. More waiting to see what happens. Getting a bit tired of all the waiting but very excited that things are starting to happen on the life/living point of view. It's been hard to be so passive for so many months.

Everything is going well with CB - we heard the heartbeat nice and strong two days ago - 150bpm which was wonderful to hear again. I don't think I'll get over the sound, ever! The midwife could feel the baby's orientation which was great, as it gives a bit more reality to it at the moment, and she found the heartbeat immediately. Movements have been getting stronger, but had a little panic on the weekend when they seemed to stop all together for over a day. Of course they came back, even stronger on Monday Less than two weeks until our 20 week scan, so we're getting excited now!

Thinking of you all lots, and sending hugs from the UK,

Miss C

Just letting people know that I'm ok, just completely exhausted. We have a series of parent teacher nights over the first three weeks in term three that really knock me around energy wise, I'm finding things worse being pregnant.

Also struggling with some emotional-type stuff that I can't really put into words just yet. I'm reading, I just don't have a lot of energy to post anything too coherent.

BW

BW, sorry to hear you're feeling so wiped You're doing a super effort with work and pregnancy together - I know how much energy it takes to be a teacher even before you add pregnancy into the mix. Hope those parent teacher nights are over soon and that you get through them intact.

I hope you're feeling better mentally too, hun. Just remember that everything you feel is valid, it's not just acceptable, but understandable, and you're a wonderful woman for being the incredibly thoughtful and sensitive person you are.

Thinking of you lots.

Miss C

Hi Lovely ladies

Miss C - I posted in your blog but so happy to hear things are falling into place for you and DH and CB will be one very lucky bub when he/she gets here Are you going to find out gender at the 20 week scan?

BW - Hope the parent teacher nights arent too painful and i hope the exhaustion goes away, as for the feelings and thoughts i have that same problem, the words will come when are ready

Ellie - Hope the m/s is playing nice and you are feeling a little better Look after yourself! Also a little slow on the uptake but i read in your Pg Announcement you and DH did this the old fasioned way! Well arent you bloody clever!

Devon - Hope your back is feeling better, i found a antenatal physio really helped and lots of stretching. Ahh the joys

to Scooby, Janie & Numa

Well sorry i have been MIA, i have been reading daily but just processing a few things also Babies are both perfect and have been really kicking up a storm every hour or so one has a kick and a wiggle which is lovely and reassuring although some kicks are getting pretty strong, i just beg them to stay away from the bladder!

Have had a little bit of slight freaking out when the Ob said she wants to scan them at 24 weeks (2 weeks to go) to make sure the girl is growing properly because she is small and that we can take them anytime after that if need be..... well im not ready yet! I am petrified of the whole premmie thing, c section thing, and just lying there whilst they take them and whisk them away to special care. I wish i could just freeze time and keep them as they are safe inside me. I know they probably wont take them at 24 weeks but knowing there is an 80% chance they will need special care unless they make it to 37 weeks scares the crap out of me. I really want to be in the other 20%!

Okay i know none of it is really all that logical, but she freaked me out and i realised i have no idea about a lot of things.. and being the slight control freak that i am i need info. So i have a very long list for our next Ob appointment in 2 weeks.

Sorry for the ramble

Shan

Hello hope I can join in here and this is a sticky bubba for us

Shan sweet we better have different OB's not sure one could handle both of us

Has anyone heard anything about Christopher Price?

Welcome, TL! Very happy to have you here. Can't comment on Brisbane OBs though.

I had a bit of a lightbulb moment last night and reading Miss C's words this morning has triggered some more thoughts... I've figured out what some of my problems are - again, just need the time to put it all in words. I'm sure I'll feel better when I do, but time is the problem, and energy... and just to top it all off, I think I'm coming down with a cold!

Anyway, must get back to work...

BW

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast