Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - October, '05

Sal Guest

Tam, well it's a good excuse to see the bubs again, anyway!

Sarah, I hadn't noticed I was in double digits... a YAY for me!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

hi girls,

Yay Sal on having less than 100 days to go! :happy4u:

a confession: I just caved and bought a doppler. I think that 6 weeks to my next scan seemed too long without some reassurance!

love
    sushee

Hey Guys

Just to let you know I've posted my scan photo from yesterday - he's giving a big wave out to everyone!!

Take care everyone!

Sushee, that must be a great feeling, feeling bubbs so early. I'm convinced that my feelings were just stretching twinges, as haven't had them for 2wks. What date's your morph scan?

Amy, congrats on a boy bubby, great pickie... :-)

Keen, sorry to hear your news. Hope it was just a warm up for the real thing this time. :-)

Kathryn / Sarah, could you please update these details, thanks:
    Ultrasound dates: 20/8, 31/8, 12/9, 4/10, 29/11

Well had my 2nd obgyn aptmt mon arvo, all is well, he even did a very quick u/sound, my 5th one so far, however I'm not going to count it as no measurements were done, it was about 30-60secs worth, just to show bubby moving all over the place & to see hbeating fine.

Hey there ladies, I just wanted to give you a heads up. Sometimes your www show scan results which clearly illustrate your full name. Just letting you know. O

Sal Guest

Hehe Amy, your little man looks like he is doing a big stretch, as well as a wave hello!

Sush, I hired a doppler when I was 17w as I felt sure that there was nothing growing inside me! I still have it, will hire it for another month until little bub is kicking me constantly. DP says it was the best money spent so far (seeing as I stopped telling him the pg was all over and woe is me etc etc...gee I must have been annoying!).

Sheree,

thanks. I noticed that too the other day after posting my scan pics, but have been too lazy, or too forgetful, to go back and crop the photos properly.

Not that I mind you guys knowing my full name. Despite knowing it, everyone still calls me 'sushee' anyway, even in real life (wink wink nudge nudge Sheree! Lol!)

love
    sushee

Sal,

am so glad that I've gone ahead and got one then , from your post. While I do feel some movement, it's usually faint and only twice or three times a day when it's strong enough for me to feel. Also helps if I'm not busy at work, coz I reckon I miss many movements from just being busy, and not noticing.

Shell, I suppose coz it's my 4th pregnancy that I have felt it early. My doctor reckons that if your tum muscles are 'pre-stretched' from previous pgs, you may feel it earlier. Mine are very very much 'pre-stretched' unfortunately. Still took me ages to recognise what it was.

My morph scan isn't until the 23rd of November, which seems absolute aaaages away. My doctor seems confident enough to not want to see me again until after that scan, which I should be reassured by, but it's killing me how long it'll take before I get to see the little'un again!

love
    sushee

hi every one,
    sorry for the selfish post AGAIN ....

oh i really hope some one can help me !! or just simply shoot me and put me out of
    my misery ](*,) please tell me what you all think of this...
    last night i noticed that my nipples were a really light colour not dark any more 8-[
    WT? and then this morning my Bra fit perfectly no more clevage hanging out the top
    WT ?? and then when i went to coles this morning i was standing in this isle and i got
    this god almighty stabbing pain from the inside out to my cervix it nearly floored
    me right there i couldn't even move so i stood there for what seemed like ages till
    the pain kind of went to a dull ache made it out to the car and as soon as i got in
    another one hit it hasn't happened as bad since but i just have this dull achy
    feeling with alot of pressure i have made a appt for a Gp this afternoon cause i
    just feel it isn't ligaments stretching i am a complete mental case my back has my
    nearly bed ridden it is that bad i can only drive for about 10 to 15 mins before i
    can't get out of the car i don't know how much longer i can cope like this please
    any suggestions or comments whether to only tell me to pull my head in would be
    appreciated 8-[

tiggy Guest

Shazz,
    :hugs: I can tell you that all is normal, that I get those cervical pains and that your BBs have a mind of their own and change like the wind and it is probably just the natural drop in progesterone(which happens around this time, as the placenta takes over and your hormones let it), which is causing your bbs to go back to normal but none of that is going to make you feel better. I know this because, honey, I am right there with you. I know that after loss and fertility issues that nothing is ever stress free. Nothing will be right until you have that precious baby in your arms. Pregnancy is not a happy, carefree occurance, we are jaded.

I am having one of those days, one of those weeks where I feel all is doom and gloom. I can't control it and nobody can fix it. All I can say is hang in there, do what you have to do to get you through. If it is another scan, do it, if it is going and listening to the hb, do it, if it means bugging your ob until he is crying mercy, do it because when it all comes down to it,you have to think about you and bubs and what is right for you. I know. It interferes with everything. Somedays, I feel as though I am unable to look after my other kids in a good motherly way because I am so obsessed with what is going on in my body.

As for your back ache, if you haven't hurt it recently, it is probably muscular. You have the hormone relaxin pumping through your veins which makes everything all mushy and achy too.

God luv yta tiff you are a god send n thank you i don't know what i would do with out you jaded is the word alright i just got back from the gp who didn't really offer much assistance at all she did a bit of feeling around confirmed that bub has not venture past the pelvic brim "DER' any way she said that in her opinion i should get into my OB asap i nearly choked alot of tears and a near tantrum she offered another scan but she said unless there is bleeding she will not worry to much ( glad one of us isn't going to lose sleep) but just a question i am on 4 different medications for support through till 12 weeks 3 are progesterone and 1 is estrogen ???( not 100% sure on this on ) could there still be a dip in progesterone while taking all this ??? bring on the white coat with the shiney buckles and that nice comfy padded room 8-[

tiggy Guest

Shazz,
    Yep, there will still be a natural drop in progesterone, even with the supports, it is just a normal turn of events. The thing is with the prog support, it won't drop to levels that would cause the pregnancy to be rejected. So have you called your ob?

tiggy Guest

Oh and Shazz,
    You'll have to wait in line for the padded cell and the special jacket with shiny buckles, I am currently wearing it and have first dibs on the cell! Hehe.

Big hugs to you girl, hope you can see your ob soon and that you can hear or see your beautiful bubba to put your mind at ease for a few days!

he he we will have to order in some more of the special jackets

tiggy Guest

LOL, Shazz, What a sight we will be!!

Sadly, that special jacket will not stop us feeling all the pangs of preggie stress, in fact if our arms are tied around us, we won't be able to grab our bellies when they hurt (a common occurence in THIS cell, I am here to tell you)!

Shazz,

aww sweet. I too have been getting some knee-trembling aches and pains the last few weeks, with some being bl**dy painful too! But my obgyn has assured me that as long as there's no bleeding, there's nothing to worry about. Though he has said that if it lasts for more than a few hours, to go see him just in case, so it sounds like you're doing the right thing.

From the recesses of my mind, I recall this happening with my other pgs too! When you think about how fast bub grows in you, I suppose it's not too hard to believe that your body is going to take a bit of a beating.

love
    sushee

Oh Shazz & Tiff, I hope ur both feelin better soon & that time flies so u can hold ur littlen's. Hope u can squeeze in for an u/s asap Shazz, to put your mind at rest. Does anyone have a doppler that u can borrow?

Thanks Sush, yeah I kinda knew mine wouldn't be movement, as it was too early (10 or 11wks) for a 1st... :-)
    Hope that doppler helps. I've been going to borrow my friends for a few wks now, but each time we try to catch up, 1 of us is busy. Will see her this sat, so hopefully she'll bring it with her. Can't wait to try it, wow, being able to listen to the hbeat anytime.

tiggy Guest

Hi Shell Thanks. Wow look at your ticker!!!

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I put some photos of my other babies on my website. Sal, it's their Chrissy photos for our annual Christmas card :gossip: (there is even a preggie belly shot in there just for you)!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast