Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - October, '05

Sal Guest

Thanks Sush! Actually he is going to a posty (one of the ones on the little motorbikes) just for a complete change...til now he was working as an accountant. Hehe I was an accountant before going back to uni to study psychology, so I fully understand him wanting to do something different!! He is really looking forward to it, he'll earn b*gger all money but life is far too short to be doing a job that you hate.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My SIL is a posty too, and she just loves it! She reckons it's the best job she's ever had! She used to work reception in a hotel and gave it up for this job.

Good on your DP deciding to do something he wants to do! My dad was an accountant and always thought I'd be one too. Instead I ended up a full-time mum for 10 years and am hoping to be one again soon!

love
    sushee

YAY Sal for DP

Yay Sal and Dp i reckon that would be a cool job except in winter maybe

oh and hows this for timing
    i just drove in the driveway getting back from picking up the scan results and a courier pulls up and delivers my doppler wooohooo then to top it off my Dh took me to lunch cuz he luvvvvsss me \/

Yay Sal on DH's new job.

Cool Shazz, that is good timing.

tiggy Guest

hi guys,

Well, we are back from the echo and from all intensive points of view Ivy and Noah have nice strong hearts, with no visible abnormalities and good oxygenated blood pumping through their aortas. I am happy but sad too. Happy and relieved that my little guys are fine, so sad for my little angel, who after talking to the cardiologist today, really had very little chance of survival at all. He went through so much, it is a miracle that I got to spend five days with him. I know, I know onwards and upwards but it is just bringing everything home to roost.
    Thanks for all your well wishes.

Shazz, did you get the hb?

Sal, Yay on DH's new job! We LOVE posties!! Yes, to answer your question. Now my uterine thickness scans start and whan the babies are born, they will go through all the tests that William should have had.

Thanks girls, don't know what I would do without all of you

Yay Tiff, I'm so glad to hear that Ivy and Noah are fine, made me a litlte teary actually!

But I understand, too, about you mourning William again. You're his mum too, and it must be so hard.

matey.

love
    sushee

Yay Tiggy, congratulations on a fantastic result! I feel for your little angel, but five days with an adoring mum like you is better than no days at all. At least you will always have that precious time. It must be really hard felling so elated yet so sad too. Hugs, and all my love!

Congrats Shazz on a great U/S result!! Phew, it must make you feel a lot better.

Well, can I be selfish and make the rest all about me and mine???

1 day of work to go!! Yay - well, that is about it for me,

But - well, had my sizing u/s today - eehhhm, Squirty is already 2.7kg, and has a head circumference of 33 cm. The radiologists words - this one is not going to be a whimp!! He was so cute, sticking his tongue out, smiling, and sucking on his finger, rubbing his eyes it was really real. I think seeing a facial expression for the first time was just, just well, amazing - I have no words. I have piccies, so I promise this weekend (since I will be a woman of leisure now) I will post them.

So, all I can say, is the projected weight at term is around 4-4.1kg (10+ pounds I think in the old measurement) and a head circ of 39cm.....

Hope I have a really stretchy vagina!!

Better go and tend my husband, sorry to be selfish and crap on about me and Squirty!!

Big hugs to all and I cannot wait to catch up properly with where everyone is up to!!

Gab - Zander was 4010gm which was 8lb 14oz just so you have an idea...

Gab, at the same point in pg as you, I was told that Pup would be a 9lber and had a head circumf of 32cm by then as well. But when he came out, he was only 6lb 13oz and his head had not grown much more. But then, it didn't really matter to me anyways as he was a caesar!!!

How are all you gals doing in here??

Pup has just turned 3 months (time flown) and for those that have not caught up on my goss, I have broken my ankle and am in plaster #-o . Word of advice to you all, you know how you currently compensate for your off balance belly? Well make sure that you compensate for balance when the baby comes out and you are walking while holding him/her. I fell while holding and walking with Pup and was damn lucky not to drop him on the concrete. He's fine, though wish I could say the same for me. Plaster on for 4 weeks. 1 week down.......

Hayseed

Oh Tiff, I'm so happy to hear both bubba's are ok. But it's still ok to grieve ur littlen.

Gab, ouch on ur little man's prospective weight. My sis had a 9lb4oz (think 4oz) baby boy (he's 8 now) & he got stuck around his forehead, had a red bruise/line for a few wks, but he still came out naturally. :-)

Hayseed, u poor thing, having an ankle in plaster & a 3mth old to tend to, hope those 3wks fly.

Morning ladies,
    i hope you are all fine and dandy \/

wel i took my US back to the GP this morning and asked her if it was possible to have my urine tested as this pain has quite very servere after i go to the loo ( so it made me think maybe a UTI ) well well well guess what i have a extremely bad case of UTI GP's words heh heh i should have gone to med school ... so now i am on antibiotics for a week so hopefully i will start to feel semi normal again very soon any advice from those who have suffered with this would be appreciated

Sal Guest

Hi girls,

Tiff, a gentle *yay* for getting a great scan on Ivy and Noah. *huge hug*, I guess it was inevitable for you to be thinking about and mourning your angel. I hope you have a smooth-sailing pg from here in.

Gab, *gasp* at how big munchy might end up!

Hay, poor you, falling with pup. That's actually one of my worst fears (falling with a baby), I'm so glad pup turned out OK, what a shame you didn't get off so lightly. Must be hard to do all the bub stuff that you need to, with a broken ankle. 3 weeks to go, hope they pass quickly.

Shazz, I've had many UTIs in my life (thankfully none whilst pg). You're right, once the antibiotics kick in you'll get better very quickly. Just remember to drink heaps of water, and go to the loo immediately after DTD (sorry if TMI but for me that's always how I got 'em...from the friction IYKWIM).

Shazz,

I won't say yay to an extreme case of UTI, but at least yay that everything's okay with the bub. Lol!

My doppler arrived today! Can't wait to get home and try it!

love
    sushee

Shazz, yep, I just finished medication for my 3rd UTI since June. The 2nd one was a severe one & was diagnosed whilst in emergency ward at hospital the night I started spotting. But it came straight back, so GP gave me a strong 10 day dose of antibiotics. Now on my 3rd or 4th bout of thrush (which has probably been the cause the whole time) since June too. Asked obgyn on Mon & he said for me to use vinegar douching (1/4 cup of vinegar & 3/4 cup of water, in a douche bottle avail at chemist & squirt in there slowly every 2nd day) as thrush hates acid. Well it feels bit better so far, but will see how I go. I am so god damn sick of thrush & UTI's. They have been frequent even b4 pg (more so thrush). Hope ur's doesn't come back, but I hear they're pretty common in pg.

Thanks Sal and Shell,

i am just so glad to know what this pain is all about it is like a load has been lifted off my shoulders now i can get on and relax a little can i ask what antibiotics you were prescribed they would only give me amoxil as she said it is the safest to used in pregnancy

woohoo sush, i bet your dying to rip that box open and give that doppler a whirl \/

I was given a diff one by the hospital, think it started with H (I think) & amoxil from my GP. Both apparently safe in pg. The chemist said that is a very strong dose, make sure u drink LOTS of water.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast