Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ April 2006

Keen, my fingers, toes and eyes are all crossed for you. Best wishes.

Aww, Sush, I echo the others. Charlie is just adorable!!!

Ditto on Charlie being gorgeous Sush!!

Hope you are all well. I too am hoping to join soon...

Love and belly rubs to all

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Shez - [-o< for you to be joining us - it is getting a bit quiet in here -

Hi Girls

Wow I've missed you all so much, I've just been trying to do a bit of a catch up on everything.

Yes Sush, wee Charles is absolutely gorgeous - an absolute stunner. I think I had predicted a girl so wrong again!

Keen - Fingers crossed for you hon.

Mel - I had the same prob with BF Noah, sounds like you're doing a great job though and it does eventually come right!

Trish - Wow not long for you now!

All this talk of brazilians is hilarious, I used to get them before I had Noah although it's fully grown back now and even though I had a c-section I'm not keen enough yet to go back for one! Although I managed to get my legs and eyebrows waxed yesterday, they were heinous! So long I rivalled DH's legs...

Well good luck to the upcoming babies and mummies, am thinking of you all.

Hi Amy

lovely you can pop in and catch up.

I tried to have a look at your little guy Noah -but babies online gallery has been shut down -said to remind you to log in

Hi girls

Hope everyone is doing really well!

Just a quick post tonight as I am absolutely exhausted and heading to beddy byes shortly.

I went to the diabetes lady today, she gave me a glucose monitor which I need to test my level twice a day. Nothing to dramatic, just a tiny little ***** and into the machine and it tells me what my levels are. They seem to be ok at the moment, only a tiny bit over what they should be, so everything should be fine.

The great thing is, it seems my diet is pretty good already and I really don't need to change what I am eating. I am even allowed a little bit of chockie here and there...........apparently chocolate is quite low GI...Go figure???!!!

Anyway, will be back to chat more soon

Alicia xxxxxxxxxxxxx

where are we all -
    \/ check the birth annnoucements

skyelar Guest

Ohhh congrats to Shazz!!!!

Geez nice & quick :shock: Welcome little RYAN

Ok so correct me if I am wrong but is this how it goes now......

Alicia
    Trish :boy: :boy:
    Justine
    Sheree
    Anna
    Moi

Some girls better be over from LTTTC soon, I don't wanna be the new girl anymore

I have a feeling we may be getting a few new ladies soon \/

skyelar Guest

It does look promising over there doesn't it Trish!!

I will keep everything crossed

Hello Gorgeous Ladies,

Congratulations SHAZZ!!!!! Yahoo! I hadn't logged in for a few days but I knew there would be some great news when I did.

Amy, so good to see you and to hear that you and Noah are doing well.

Ali - great news about the diabetes being sorted out. Sounds like you have found a middle ground there where you can maintain for a while.

Sal and Kelly - happy birthday!

Shell - Ooh, yes I had the lovely shave too. I tried to make a head start on it before I went into hospital but there was too much of it and my razor just couldn't cope.

Hope all you other ladies are doing well and that the good women of LTTTC are readying themselves to move over en masse. You are all in my thoughts.

Things are starting to get sorted out around here. I made the decision - not without a great deal of grief and regret - to discontinue breastfeeding. This has been very hard to deal with but the trade off is that my boy is not screaming any more and is producing plenty of wet and dirty nappies which is more than acceptable. I admire you wonderful ladies who persist with the expressing because it really does take it out of you. The problem I found was that because William never latched, my boobs didn't respond in the same way to the pump and my supply went down the gurgler very quickly. Because of WM's size, he needed to be supplemented from fairly early on because I just didn't have the milk there and he became quite jaundiced and dehydrated. This was distressing in the extreme.

I have my mother here at the moment to help which is great because I'm still healing from the caesarean but if she hadn't been here, I would have been climbing the walls. Things are getting better now and I think WM is happier because I am happier.

I posted Willmartin's birth story this morning if anyone would like a read. It's a bit of a ramble, but hey ... you're used to that from me aren't you?

Sorry for the selfish post. Am just starting to get back into things and will update WM's site soon with new photos. DH is off work on Monday so will get him to help.

BTW, WM's birth announcement is in today's Herald Sun (for anyone in Melbourne). If others would like to see it, it can be found on the newspaper's website under Announcements, just for today only.

Talk to you all a bit later on. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Love,

Mel

skyelar Guest

What a beautiful birth story Mel! How lovely to have a familiar nurse with you.

So happy you have sorted out WM's feeding. I can empathise with trying to keep up with a big babes needs. My DD was 9lb 9oz & they need lots!!!

Take care of yourself & can't wait to see some more pics.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Yay to Shazz on the arrival of Ryan!

Hello chickies, I only have about a 15 min window to get dinner ready and post this before Charlie is due to be up for a feed, so wanted to firstly say Mel, I hear you about how hard breatfeeding is. I forgot how hard. I have major cracked nipples and Charlie latching on feels like a thousand needles, but this morning I seem to have turned a corner and the pain in oh so slightly better. Yesterday I was ready to give up, today I think I'll give it a few more days.

Also I have not caught up with everyone so have no personals up my sleeve...yet! Charlie slept in 3 hour blocks last night, so I'm feeling a bit human today and hopefully in a week or so will be in a state of mind to come on here and catch up with everyone's news properly.

In the meantime, I've posted a few more pics on my website if anyone wants to have a little steaky beak, and am now going to steaky beak myself at WM's and Ryan's webpages!

love
    sushee

Sush ~ Charlie is just adorable congrats again hun \/

Mel - BF is very hard, you've gotta do what is best for you and bubs at the end of day.

Sal Guest

Mel, I absolutely understand how you're feeling about your decision to stop BF. Your story sounds exactly like mine, and the best advice I ever got from the midwives was that there needs to be a happy mother as well as baby, so you've done the best thing for both of you. It is disappointing though, isn't it.

Hey Sush - charlie is just gorgeous! Think you may have yourself another stunner on your hands there

Mel - Of course I havent any experience with BF so cant really say but you read that it shouldnt hurt and all this, but everyone you talk to says it hurts like hell, so I can definitely understand your choice.

Hey whose next to meet their bubs - is it Ali?

Thanka Trish - I've been working from a crapper computer at home so couldn't download any photos but am on DH's flash laptop today so will try to download some photos for you all.

Mel - so glad you are both happy. BF is such a mission that you don't understand until you try it - natural my arse!! The most important thing is you gave it your best shot and that's all you can do. Well done chickie.

Hi keen, great to see you again.

Right I'm off to post some photos.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast