Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ April 2006

Excuse my neurosis ladies but I have a question. I have been getting a fearly significant pain just to the left of midline above the pubis. It is not constant or sharp it feel almost like I have pulled a muscle.. I realise it could be stretching pain but I'm concerned that it is only on one side...Any thoughts??

Shez - the stretching, mine have been all over the place and not consistent either. I have taken and did take with DD panadol at times.

skyelar Guest

Hi Sheree :wave: glad I am not the only one around here that feels anxious. Bring on the 9th of May...not long to go now!!

Shez I have had the worst stretching pains with my pregnancies. It seems to move around a bit for me as well & I often get a big sharp pain when I stand up & go to walk really quickly. HTH :flower:

Everyone's gone very quiet in here since the lovely April ladies have left us. Hope we are all travelling along nicely. Soon I'll be in my 3rd trimester - YIPPEE!

Skye - I hope bubs has been giving lots of lovely kicks, but it is very normal to have a few quiet days early on. My baby seems to go quiet for periods up to 12 hours then spends the next 12 hours using my belly as a push bike. I thought her foot was going to pop outta my bellybutton yesterday!

How are you going Sheree? Is your DD excited about getting a little brother/sister?

Trish - howz those little boys of yours? Can you still see your toes?

Ali - not long now, 6 or so weeks.....

Shez - you should get your details added to the front page, make it official girl \/

Let's all keep our fingers croosed for Keen tomorrow. I know she'll have some good news for us - I can feel in in my big belly.

Hope all our new mums are well and getting at least 3 hours of sleep a day

I'm being hestitant Justine.. don't know why. Once I've had the scan I think I'll feel better. Have been very tired and nauseas most days but not today which sent me straight to the looney bin!!!

It is very quiet in here. I was begining to think I smelt.

Can't wait for Keen to join tomorrow.

Love to all

Don't worry Shez - I think we all understand about being paranoid. In fact I think our forum should be renamed Paranoia with Pregnancy after Long Term TTC. "Sniff, sniff" - nah you don't smell

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hi Justine, Shez - how is everyone else -

No I can't see my toes unless sitting - my toenails need trimming too - might need a pedicure !

Shez - when is your scan ? It is a harrowing time waiting for that first sca

I have a very sore back - saw a physio today and got a pregnancy support belt -it helps a little but it is bit uncomfortable when sitting- have to remove to go to loo so might take some getting used to. It is tight but meant to hold it all toegther.LOL

Also, have a sore throat/cold/cough but feels like I can't cough properly or deeply.

The belt helps with walking -so hoping to get to Parents/baby expo on weekend.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi girls,

Firstly congrats Shez on your excellent beta results, and welcome to this forum! How exciting for you, though I completely understand being reticent about the whole thing. It's no consolation, I'm sure, but all of us felt the same way. I think most of us right up til the birth!

Keen, hoping to see you here too soon.

Trish, yay on getting to double digits! I can't believe how quickly everyone's pgs are going, though I'm sure it doesn't feel like it from where you're standing.

Shazz, Ryan is such a gorgeous little man. I hope you're enjoying him!

As for me, I am still BFing. Remember when I said I think I'd turned a corner? Well, I must have, coz it's getting better now. Also had the Child Health Nurse weigh Charlie at 10 days, and not only had he put on the 260g he'd lost the first 3 days, but another 270g on top! So all in all, over 1/2 a kilo in 7 days. I figure I can't be doing too much wrong with the BFing, soo decided to persevere. The cracked nipples are healing, so it's got to get easier from here.

Also I think I have managed to get Charlie to sleep at night, and be wakeful during the day. Getting 3-4 hour blocks of sleep most nights now, which is great (phew) but then all day, he's pretty much awake. It means I don't get much done, but oh well, life's like that!

Looking forward to the scans for Skye and Magic in a few weeks! Skye, I can't believe you're going to keep it a secret! As for me, I think, Trish, you asked if I had any idea I was having a boy. No, absolutely none. In fact, Karl and I talked about it the day after Charlie was born and we both admitted to thinking it was definitely going to be a girl. Shows you how much we knew! Lol!

Hello everyone else! Hope everyone is travelling along great guns!

love
    sushee

PS ticker photo is Charlie at 12 days old - today!

Thanks for the warm welcome Sush... Charlie is absolutely gorgeous!!

Trish my scan is 8/5/6 so not too far away. Everytime I visit my twin nephews I think of how much fun you will have!!

My neurosis went to a whole new level this pm, I went and bought a HPT as I hadn't POAS at all. I bought a digital one that has the words Not Pregnant or Pregnant so I couldn't dispute it.... Pregnant pretty much straight away so it put my mind at ease a little!!

Skye, Sheree, Justine, Ali :wave:

:sleeping: vibes for all the new Mums!!

Shez - hey if peeing on HPTs for the next 9 months helps your neurosis then by all means pee

Skye - your going to tell us what your having arent you??? [-o<

Magic - Nice to see you popping in I cant wait to find out what your having!

Well my scan is probably next Friday, soooooo exciting to finally find out if this little monster really is a boy but all signs point to yes.
    My boobies have slowly stopped leaking so Dh has taken this as a sign he is allowed to touch. Should have seen him run when he saw them leaking again. I told him they would do it if he stimulated them Also feeling more and more kicks everyday, Im feeling happier everyday now my funk has officially left the building.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

heeelllooooo????? Where is everybody???

It has been quiet in here but then again there are so few of us

I spoke to Melbo today - their computer is act of action and she is missing everyone. Shez - she sends her congratulations to you.

She asked me to send her hello to everyone. William is doing really well and she is feeling much better now after her c/s 2.5 wks ago. Willmartin loves his hubabub too.

Goodluck Anna for your morphology scan - it is so exciting to see what colour bub is !

My (.)(.) don't leak atm ... *touches wood* got a few nipple pads from baby expo today though for later.

skyelar Guest

Hello everyone :wave:

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend, it is the last relaxing one for me. Back to work tomorrow

Shez~ how is the stretching pain going? It is just so nerve wracking isn't it! Remember you had a super high hcg so full steam ahead for you

Anna~ so glad you are over your yuckiness, there is nothing worse! How are those pups going?? What date is your scan?

Sheree~ I love the name Soraya, so beautiful. Do you have a hunch on what colour bub is?

Trish~ Thanks for the update on Mel, glad all is going well for her. Can't wait for some piccies.

Sush~ Charlie is so gorgeous. Do you just spend hours staring, babies are such good time wasters aren't they

Justine~ Congrats on the 3rd trimester!! I am having lots more kicks now, it is so reassuring.

Alicia~ Ohh not long to go now! I bet your DD can't wait either. I hope you are resting up ready for the new arrival.

As for me I am getting lots more movement now which is great, but my belly seems to come & go...some days I have a little bump, other times not much at all. Did anyone else have this? I was so much bigger at 12/13 weeks compared to now. Will have to take another belly shot for my webpage.
    I went to a psychic party the other day & she was the 3rd person to tell me I am having a :boy: I will have to see if she is right! She picked I had done IVF etc which totally shocked me, also said I will conceive naturally a few months after this bubs is born I had to laugh at that one!

Ohh funny story...well not really...my Dh was snoring last night & usually if I give him a shove he rolls over, anyway I shoved him & he didn't budge so I pushed him again & he fell out of bed, hitting his head on the bedside table :shock: I felt so bad but had no idea he was right on the edge. Luckily he was ok & had a bit of a laugh.

Back to school tomorrow for me so no more holiday mode...am dreading those early mornings already

Yay 18wks today!

Im going to book my scan tomorrow for Friday, and make sure OB gives me a referral thurs at my appointment.
    The pups are good I will post new pics soon, theyre growing like weeds! Feeding time is an eye opener lol We are trying to fatten them up and wean them now Mama has had enough, its a mess when they are done but its so cute to see them wander around the yard getting into mischeif!

wonderful news on 18wks Anna
    When do you have to say goodbye to the puppies

In 3 weeks minimum. Theyll be 7 wks then and just about ready. We cant keep them past 12wks and Im not sure I'd want 11 chunkers destroying my sanity that long anyway. Will be sad but for the best, they can go be spoilt individually at their new homes!

Must say Im feeling our little bub kicking up a storm lately, its getting more and more noticable, is that normal??

Ali, hope ur bld levels stay good. Yay on finishin work.

Mel, ditto what everyone else said, it definitely isn't easy BFing & u gave it ur best shot & that's all u can do, dont beat urself up about it. :-)

Shazz, huge congrats on baby Ryan, I logged on much earlier to c but didnt get a chance to reply. Been MIA for few wks.

Amy, just tried to chk ur photos, but cant, babiesonline says ur www will be deleted on 30May if not updated.

Shez huge congrats, great to c a new addition in here & hope there are many more to come.

Skye, Sheree, Anna & Shez, hope the time flies by til ur upcoming scans.

Skye, yep that is funny & not bout ur dh, hehe.

Sush, ur story sounds like mine too.

I'm still hangin in there with BF, still sore & blisters but not bleeding/cracked now, still latching issues, nipple shield might be there to stay me thinks.
    Holly's weight: birth=2945g, 3d=2704g, 1w2d=3010g, 2w4d=3260g, 3w3d=3610g, so very healthy weight gain.
    Holly had 2 u/sounds in hosp, both good (hips & sacral dimple). 3rd u/sound at 3wks for lump I found on her neck, luckily doesn't require surgery & shld disappear on it's own, fibromatosis coli or wry neck, benign tumour on muscle. 4th u/sound at 6wks to chk hips matured.
    She had her first BT yesterday @ 4wks old to chk for maternal hypothyroidism, poor lil thing, it took them 1.5hrs to get enough blood out, they couldn't find a vein, so had to do heal *****s, only just got enuf.
    Last 2 nights = 5-6hrly feeds (eg 8pm,2am,7am), yay. Wind drops (infants friend) & changin nappy between boobs to wake her (otherwise asleep after 1) is working.
    Oh & Fri night, MIL gave me PawPaw ointment for nipples as heals, so tried it Sat morn, gave me hives, didn't realise til fully broke out at Crusty Demons on Dirt show Sat night (awesome). Mostly stopped last night, had to formula feed 2 days whilst took antihistamines, just expressed to try to keep from drying up, thou supply seems to have reduced.
    So few hiccups but all is well.
    Oh & Holly grabbed our phone headset cable (black, 3mm) today, she focussed & grabbed it, yay, a milestone.

Sorry for the ramble.

Hope ur all well.

Congrats on 18 wks Anna - and gl with Friday's scan
    Hi Shell, have you tried lansonil (sp), sheep's wool oil - SWEAR BY it with DD. It helped me feed through mastitus at 2 weeks!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast