Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ Jan / Feb 2006

***sneaks in ****** tries new ticker****

Skye - I'm with you on the "sh*t where are my pg symptoms". I do have O type pains at night and pass out on the couch about 8:30-9. Oh ....man my work pants are tight , I using a the good 'ol hair tie in the button hole as an extender trick......

skyelar Guest

:flower: Thanks girls, size me up for that straight jacket, think I will have it on for a while to come!

Sheree...love your new ticker! How exciting. I am with you on the tiredness side of things! LOL love the hair tie trick, worked wonders when I was pg with my DD. I suspect I will be digging it out again soon.

Thanks Shazz, expect more 'freaking out episodes' from me. I will feel so much better after I see that little heart beating away.

Freak away Skye!!!! That's our specialty in this forum.

Nice ticker Sheree =D>

I didn't realise how close you were Amy, how exciting. Great news on the scan too.

Sal - don't worry about Miles too much, he'll come around to lovin' the boob soon - all males do

Trish - how you doin' honey? How are those little muffins of yours, cooking away nicely I hope.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

HI Justine - I am doing okay nausea seems to eased off -eating well and just waiting now till 6th March for my scan.

Having a few days away with DH next week for our 16th wedding anniversary - though it will be a quiet one this year !

Magic - no need to sneak now congratulations on that beaut ticker !

Skye - you are in good company honey - we all have matching jackets !

Cailin & Amy watch is on ! Glad you are all set for your 'birth' Amy

anyone hear how Felix is going ?

Morning Ladies

My straight jactket is also my most favourite piece of Maternity wear Tiff and I had matching sparkely ones made for our journey i beleive there is also matching theatre caps and shoe covers for the delivery

Sheree ~ i don't think i have congratulated you Yet... SO A Huge Congratulations i am sooo happy for you \/

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello all!

Sheree, yay on the new ticker! I'm so glad you deicded to put one up. Good to be confident and positive, I think. There's so much neurosis in this thread as it is. I am only just thinking of packing my own straight jacket away now!

Also good to see people coming over from the LT threads. I know Trish and humph were worried that they were going to be the only ones left in here after April. Let's hope it continues and more LTers come over! Tonnes and tonnes, please!

Well, ob appt for me this arvo. Am thinking of asking for another u/s to size the little'un. Dr reckoned at my last appt I was still measuring 3-4 weeks ahead, so I reckon if he doesn't suggest it, I could easily sway him. But DH doesn't want us to do another one, he reckons better leave well enough alone if things are going smoothly. Will see how I feel when I get there this arvo.

Sigh, better get to work I guess. Only 10 days to go before I finish. But who's counting?

love
    sushee

Like the new tickers Skye & Majic. Yep, as the others have said, we do tend to freak out/worry in here especially in the 1st tri, then b4 every scan/test/obgyn visit, etc... it's only normal :-)

Sush, me too, my aptmt is for 4pm, but prob won't get in til 5pm, u all know how 'tis. I was measuring 3.5wks ahead in fundal height too, but he said bub didnt feel that big though, i dunno. Can they tell by pushin on ur belly which way bub's is (eg: breach)? I've already had 5 scans & 2 quick ones, so I'm not game to ask for any :-). If 'tis a boy, then looks like we'll be exchanging lots of girly clothes. :-)

Shell, mine is at 3.45pm, and I'm leaving work at 2.45pm. Heehee.

Dr jokingly said at my last appt that bub is 'huuuge' and that my fundal height was 'far advanced', but I didn't ask what that meant. I think my brain turns to mush when I go in for my appts and I forget all the things I was meant to ask! Lol!

But am taking a list in with me today, with things such as "what position is baby in?", "what is my fundal height?", "what were my BT results for aneamia?" etc. Had very low iron levels with all my three kids, so that's a concern this time too. Except I expect that if the levels were really worrying, I would have received a phone call.

Also bringing in my birth plan to discuss with him. It's nothing fancy, the main points being that I wanted DH to cut the cord, that I wanted to hold off measuring and testing of bubs until after I'd had a cuddle and that I didn't want my family just turning up at the labour ward wanting to see me while I was trying to give birth! Lol!

Good luck shell for your ob appt, my sweet! Lol about exchanging the baby clothes! Mine are all cream or yellow!

Hopefully bub is in the right possie and all settled for you!

love
    sushee

Obgyn was 1.5hrs late as he had 2 babies to deliver this afternoon, he apoligised for being late & said thanks for being patient, what a sweetie. Fundal=30wks, bub head down & feels normal sized still, still plenty of room for somersaults. Everything normal, except I have Bstrep, so just means I (& therefore baby) have antibiotics in a drip during birth.

Sush, I have a list of questions for him every wk, coz 1st wk I didn't & forgot what to ask.. :-) But haven't mentioned anything about a birth plan yet, good thinkin. Hope urs went well. I was meant to leave work at 3pm (1hr to obgyn) but they said 30mins late, so left at 3:30pm, not quite as mush as an early mark as u got though... :-)

Hey Shell,

hope your appt went well! Mine was boring, just as I like it. Bub is still big, but we talked at length about labour and me wanting to try naturally, and he was happy to let me choose how I wanted to go. He said he won't talk induction, was happy to let me go spontaneously, had faith that as a woman who had 3 natural labours and delivered all three vaginally, that I was the best judge of how to have this baby, big or not. He said that he'd keep intervention to a minimum, and if things got 'out of hand', he would discuss everything with us to make an informed decision. I just love the man!

He also said that my blood results were very good, iron levels normal, platelet count was good and bub is head down. I see him in 3 weeks and then it's fortnightly visits for 4 weeks then weekly (eek!)

I also discussed my birth plan with him, and he said he was happy for it to be 'anything goes'. I can walk around, get in the bath, whatever I wanted. But he joked that at 45, his knees ain't so good, so while he will deliver the bub any way I wanted, to please not rip his head off if he tries to get me onto a bed in the second stage!

I asked if he would send me for more u/s and he said only if he thought something was wrong, but he would if I really wanted. Would you believe this was when DH decided to pipe in and say 'no, it's okay, we don't need one!'

Lol!

love
    sushee

Great news Sush, yep mine went well, I posted just prior to u... :-)
    Mel, you must be at fortnightly visits too, how r urs goin?

D'uh, shell, I didn't even see it? Not so quick off the mark lately, this girl!

love
    sushee

Trish - great to hear that your nausea is easing.
    Shazz - thanks for the welcome.
    And of course thanks to everybody else for your welcomes too.
    Shell- congrats on everything being normal.
    Sushee- it is great to hear that your dr is listening to you and supporting you in your decisions.

Me==> my beta came back at 24dpo 6872 (P4 90 which is great that it's gone back up). So everything is excellent. I have such a great feeling about this pregnancy. The only thing is there are no more bts, and my next appt is a scan (woohoo) but in TWO WEEKS time - how am I going to last. I figure that seeing the heartbeat will make this pregnancy more real. I'm still in surreal land.

Birth for me, will be an elective c/s.

Sheree, it was the longest week of my pg, waiting for that first scan! Let alone two weeks! But like you, I have a very good feeling about your pg and reckon it'll be worth the wait to see that little flicker of a hb!

love
    sushee

Im back from my Sydney holiday with some exciting news!
    Im def pregnant, 5w1d today! Had a b/t wednesday last week and it came back + with a hCG of 240 at 13dpo! Had an u/s yesterday and everything looks as it should for 5wks, but they think its twins! There is evidence of a second sac, so now its just a waiting game until we can find a heartbeat or two! It would explain the high hCG b/t and the all day and night sickness Ive been having for the past 2 weeks

Congrats to Sheree on being pregnant!! Wow Im so excited for you!!

Congratulations Anna, wow Twins. Best of luck next week.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sheree - it is a long wait to that heartbeat scan - thinking of you - Gosh I was exactly the same. A GP will always do another HCG and progesterone - they can bulk bill - I had a few initially.

Goodluck Anna - it is scary and exciting considering two . Your HCG's are high.

I have 5 weeks(or less now) till my 18wk6 day scan - March 6th but will hear heartbeats at Prof on 15th Feb. He didn't use doppler last time said not always heard @ 13wks and I'd just the scan a week before. I want this month to fly

Sushee - your DR sounds a gem - but you have the experience so dig those heels in and grit those teeth. Gee I can't believe how close you Mel,and Shell are now. How exciting in end of March to mid April going to be !

Hi there!
    Sorry I haven't been on for a while, I've been flat out rewriting my research proposal in time for 1st semester. Pain in the butt....
    Anyways, everything's going along okay so far (touch wood). Had my first OB appointment last night. Was pretty straightforward. Not really what I was expecting - no prodding, no needles or peeing in cups. Is this normal?

Congratulations to Magic, Skye & Anna!!! Good to have you over here. Hope everything's going along smoothly. And best of luck for your first u/s.

Trish - I bought that book - had slight panic attacks after reading it, felt a bit overwhelmed at the thought of raising 2 kids at the same time! :shock:
    Okay now though

Hope everyone else is doing okay!
    Cheers,
    Didge

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast