Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ Jan / Feb 2006

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Great news Anna

well done Anna \/ i'm very happy for you both

Yaaaaay Anna That's super fantastic news!!

Mel- good luck with your promotion
    Amy- not long now
    Skye- good luck with the scan today, and congrats on the beta
    shazz- ahhh good old sleep deprivation, sorry it sucks!
    Trish - woohoo and congrats on 16 years
    Anna- congrats on seeing a heartbeat
    Sushee- not long now until you're a lady of leisure.

I've been home in bed due to spotting. But still don't have a scan until the 17th!!!

That's excellent news Anna! Bet you were relieved to see that beautiful little heartbeat :hbeat:

Hey Sushee, only a few more days to go

Melbo - Lol about the 5 kilo lady I've already encountered an earth mother - she drove me nuts with her comments about natural child birth and her husband also joined in informing me how the female body is designed to give birth.....No!! Really??? Ughh.

Hi NZGirl! Hope all's well. How's everything going?

Hi Skye - How'd your scan go?

Babydreams - I can relate 100% to your DH snoring comments - exp. a similar problem a couple of nights back with my DH, he told me he thought twice about arguing back, lol.

Hi to everyone else I missed!!!!

Love,
    Didge

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

hello lovely ladies!

I am back at work but only 6 days left if you don't count today.

Sheree, I'm sorry to hear that the spotting has continued. I can't imagine why they're still waiting for the 17th though? I had my us at 7 weeks exactly, not even a dildo cam, and the doctor saw the hb no problems. Is it because they're not sure of dates and want to play on the safe side? I hope the spotting's not to worrying and you're resting well.

Anna, congrats on seeing the hb! It seems more real now doesn't it? I think once you see the hb, the chances of m/c fall to less than 3%, so am glad you can relax and enjoy your pg.

Didge, Lol on your story about the earth mother. I am all for natural birth, but I don't even presume to expect everyone to have exactly the same opinions as me. And I would hate for anyone to judge me should I make decisions in labour that doesn't fit their idea of what I should have done. Mostly I figure if I get through it with a healthy baby on the other end, that's the very best you could hope for!

Mel, hoping you won that promotion, chick!

When do we officially start Amy-Watch, guys?

love
    sushee

Hi Sushee
    Yeah I'm assuming the dr just wants to be sure, the betas have been good, so he is treating me like a fertile!!! LOL. The spotting is just testing my sanity. I'll be OK - de ja vu really (had it everyday with Nicola).

skyelar Guest

Hello lovely ladies!!!

Had my scan this morning & we saw a h/b \/ I was so excited!!
    Gotta love the dildo cam, my Dr ran out for a condom to go over it, then we p*ssed ourselves laughing as it has been many a year since that has happened to me

Anna we have the same due date! For some reason my ticker updates late, but we are due on the 6th of October as well

Morning ladies!
    Ugh I had a cracker of a night and little sleep :fuming: I had to drive DH and his mates to a club so they could go drinking, so I stumble home at 10pm and straight to bed. He wakes me up at 4am :shock: 2 hrs later than he was spose to be home wanting me to pick him up! I told him in a few choice words that he could walk for all I care. So he stumbles home and into bed. Next thing I hear our CAR unlock! Some idiot was rifling through our car :evil: So Dh runs out and scares him off and then I realise that Dh's mates left the back window down and me being in my pregnancy-induced stupor didnt recheck them just went to bed. Im so mad at myself ](*,) Thankgod the car is virutally untheivable! Last time I play sober driver :fuming:
    Hope everyone else's day is starting off better than mine did! All Ive got on the agenda is groceries and watching a movie (Jarhead).
    I think I need to go watch babys heartbeat again to cheer me up

Skye - Im due on Oct 5th, making me 6w0d today. Close though which is exciting maybe we'll both go into labour at the same time!

Sheree,

I know you'll see that little hb beating away come Fri next week. Your beta levels were fab! And if it happened with Nicola, I suppose it's just one of those things.

Anna, sounds like a pretty horrid night all round. Luckily my DH isn't a big drinker, so I am not usually the designated driver. In fact, before IVF, I was most definitely the lush in my family!

Skye, yay on seeing the heartbeat! You , Anna and Sheree will be due within days of each other! I tell you, feels a bit like the changing of the guard in here, with some of us coming up to the point of leaving soon, and you new mums-to-be coming in to take our places. I'm a little melancholy actually about moving on from this forum! But it's so nice to see it filling up nicely, and I hope there are many more to come!

love
    sushee

Woohhhooooo Skye - excellent news. The condom on the dildo cam is a funny thing indeed.

Anna & Skye - so what are your next steps: ie ob appts, scans, nt scans etc

I'm soooo hanging out for my scan - I'll be close to 8 weeks!!!!! I'm due on 1st October. But I will be having a c/s before then. (Hoping that this baby is not born on my ratty sister's b'day!!!) LOL

Sheree - I have a second appt on March 9th, I'll be 10 weeks. Might get another abdo scan then, if not I will def be doing the 12 wk nuchal even though our chances are slim to none bub will have DS. I just think it will be nice for Dh to see it looking like a real baby not a blob lol My OB has an old u/s machine in his office so he will most likely do scans every appointment if I ask!
    Im sure your going to be fine Sheree! I'd be asking for that scan right now though, just kick up a stink Im sure theyll give in!

Anna- who is your OB and what hospital are you going to?

My OB is Graham Smith in West Perth, and Im booked into Mercy Mt Lawley as its close to home (looks great though! We'll take a proper tour after my next appointment)

I don't know Graham but I have been to Mercy - it's lovely.

well i have just got back from my appt and as suspected i have had a high reading on my GCT and i have been booked in for GTT for 8am tomorrow the midwive couldn't believe i had not been tested earlier or given the GTT straight up at least seen as i was insulin dependant with my last pregnancy this i have been telling the doctors since i was 14 weeks pg so now i have to go through all this [email protected] all over again and to top it off those anti D injections really bloody hurt

Aw Shazz, that sux. I haven't ever presented with GD with all my pgs, but because my sister had GD this last pg and my mum has diabetes, I skipped the GCT and was sent straight to a GTT. I definitely preferred that!

Don't you hate it when Drs don't listen to you?

love
    sushee

Shazz - bl**dy drs, sometimes they are just typical men - selective hearing. Fingers crossed that your sugar levels become manageable.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast