Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ Jan / Feb 2006

I have just spent about 15 hours of the last 24 in the Emergency Room
    Yesterday evening I had a really really bad abdominal pain that lasted for over an hour so I went to the ER and they first thought I had an ectopic (even though I had u/s to prove bub was in the right place). Turns out I had a cyst on my right ovary rupture, boy are they painful! Got home around midnight with the a-ok that bubs was fine.
    Woke up this morning to mild bleeding, not spotting but not clotting, so of I run to the ER again. They had to do 3 u/s before they found bub, still snuggled tightly downstairs thank god and grown bigger since yesterday! No idea where the bleeding is coming from and it seems to have died down now. I was so scared the bleeding was like a light period, I thought we were m/c again!
    Honestly I dont think any of my pregnancies will ever be normal and easy
    Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

ETA - had a bhCG done last night and my levels have gone from 240 @ 13dpo last wednesday to 10,296 @ 5w1d \/ They were only 3,450 at 5w last pregnancy! Def could be a chance of twins :twingirl:

skyelar Guest

OMGoodness Anna What a horrible 24 hrs you have had!
    I really hope you have a better night tonight, rest up & look after yourself.
    Fingers crossed the bleeding stays away

Hi Didge! Thanks for the welcome, so happy to be here
    Hope those lil twinnies of yours are behaving

Trish I am thinking of going to my GP for another hcg I just want to know that everything is ok. Thursday will not come around quick enough.
    My DD's heartbeat was picked up at 6w 2d, on Thursday I will be 5w 5d...does anyone know if the heartbeat will be detected?

Woo hoo on the beta Sheree! That is fantastic. This next 2 weeks is going to be soo long ](*,) mine has been & it has been horrible! I hope the time flies for you!!

Sush & Shell, good news at your appt's. Don't you hate when they run late my Dr was the worst for being on time. Poor guy he was yawning his head off at 4am when delivering my DD.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Skye at 5w6d we only had one heartbeat and at astart guy said was doubtful if we would see even one.At end he told us to come back in a week. It was stressful waiting -knowing we had two sacs but only one heartbeat.

I would wait if I was you till at least over 6w2d

Anna -thinking of you - it is so difficult - I had brown spotting at 5w6d that is why I had that first scan above. The spotting/brown stained CM continued until last week.

Hi Ladies, well just like DD I've got spotting this time too. Freakie really, DH saids "...hey it happened last time you know that it will be OK..." hhhmmmmmmm nice one!

Anyway I still went away for the weekend, Margaret River. I will call the dr today and ask him what he thinks.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sheree,

hoping it's nothing and it'll stop and allow you to relax. I had a few brown spots yesterday arvo after going to a long walk at the shops so am assuming it's my body's way of telling me to take it easier. Only 8 days of work left (RDO on Wed) so will be a lady of leisure soon! Same for shell and Mel too!

Anna, wow on your HCG levels! Heehee this PGALTTTC thread has the best ratio of twins to singletons! Lol! Hoping your hb scan shows you both hbs and you can rest easy after.

Amy, Amy, where are you?

Well, the nursery gets put together in 2 weeks time, so I'll hopefully have some new piccies for my site in a month or so. Nesting is starting with a vengeance (did I mention I vacummed and mopped the whole house yesterday also?) but DH has now banned me from housework until I go on leave at least. I think he knows he wouldn't be able to stop me completely! Lol!

I hope everyone is well and settled.

Sheree, can't wait for ur u/sound, I agree with u & Sush, this is it.

AnnaT, fantastic news, congrats. Wow, more twinnies.
    Oh Anna, sorry to hear bout ur cyst & the scare, it's so frightening. Great to c those beta's are doin fine & the u/s showed bubs.
    I had a similar scare at 6wks (well spotted from 6-11wks) & Shazz did too. Bub's hbeat had only started a few days ago, they say around 5wk4d. It could only be detected with dildo cam, not normal u/s & even then still early for some. My beta's (hcg=26054) are in my www - milestones. I was only in 9/24hrs, then had to pack & catch a plane the next morning... :-)
    Also, my sis had a scare with her 2nd at same time as she'd m/c 1st, but all was absolutely fine & normal. It's just not fair that our bodies play these tricks on us though.
    Hope the 1st tri just fly's by. Same goes for all u other ladies... :-)

It's great to see ladies coming in here 2-3 at a time, excellent. And all these scans coming up, yay.

Wow Sush, that isn't long at all.

Hmm, so when does Amy watch start? :-)

after noon ladies

Anna ~ as Shell said i too had spotting from 5 weeks and my last scare was only 2 weeks ago apparently i am just going to have to put up with it as they think that it is just a normal part of THIS pregnancy i have had 9 scans all up so far and they have never been able to find a reason why i had no trouble whats so ever with my first 2 pregnancy's

well i just received a phone call from the pathology lab they stuffed up one of my tests so now i have to go get jabbed again thankfully it wasn't the GD test cause there is no way i was drinking that gunk again it made me so so ill :shock: can't wait to get those results back !!!!!!

Anna - sorry to hear that you had a rough w/e, good to hear that bubs is still on board. I bet you can't wait to see the two heartbeats.

Spotting in early pg is fairly common unfortunately. And unfortunately with Nicola I did every day - so the ob just told me to relax and take it easy. The scan is still on for the 17th!

Sushee- aahhhh nesting, gotta luv it - drives the dh's mad though.

Trish - what a b*gger to have to do it again, when they stuffed up!!!

Skye- I'm jealous you have your scan so soon. Apparently mine is so far away so that the ob can give me better EDD!

Hi Girls,

Anna - hope everything has settled down since last you posted. Hang in there.

Sush - yay for only 8 days of work!! Yes, you're right, Shell and I aren't far behind you. Know what you mean about the cleaning too - I just can't stop.

Shell - Yep, I'm up to fortnightly visits (in fact I have one today). It's getting closer for us now.

Skye and Didge - hope you are doing okay. Didge, I can't remember the last time I peed in a cup so am thinking your ob experience sounds fairly normal!

Trish - fingers crossed for a quick flying month for you until your next scan. It's my birthday that day but I hope all the presents will be coming your way!

Amy - Just pulling up my deckchair and getting comfortable here, ready for AmyWatch ... hope everything is going well at your end.

Second antenatal class last night. One thing I've noticed is that some of the men talk more than the women and they seem to have formed some interesting ideas about labour and childcare. Also there is one girl there who has only gained five kilos during her pregnancy and she doesn't mind letting you know about it. Hope she doesn't disappear up her own arse when she starts breastfeeding.

Only one more day until I find out whether I have secured my promotion. It's been a long haul and one massive recruitment exercise for the department. Fingers crossed.

Hope you are all well and that the new mothers are doing okay.

Love,

Mel

Hey Everyone

Yep still in one piece - sorry no exciting early baby news to report!

Mel - Is your bday the 6th March too? That's my bday and my due date too. What can we say except that great things happened on that day... We had our second antenatal class at the weekened, it was all about once the baby is here and what to do so was very interesting. We had a guy come on his own because his wife couldn't come and he took written notes to report back to her. The midwife said that was a first for her!! Good luck for the promotion, how could they possibly not give it to you??

Sush - wow not long till you're on maternity leave, that will be great. Then you can go on secret cleaning binges when DH isn't around. Can't say the nesting urge has really hit me yet, wish it would though as the house really needs a good clean!!

Shell - Well I suppose I could go anytime from now, but would prefer anytime from 37 weeks - that way I can definitely aim for a homebirth. Apparently at 36 weeks it's a bit of a gray area.

Anna - Hope you're ok, would be lovely to have more twins in here - they just about outnumber the singletons!!

Didge - good to see you pop your head in, hope to see more of you in here.

Trish - just under 4 weeks until your scan!!! Am sure you are looking forward to seeing the bubbies again.

It's so cool to see so many newbies in here, more please!!!

skyelar Guest

Hello everyone!

Glad to hear you are back on track Anna =D> Can't wait to hear if there are more twinnies in here.

I went & had another BETA done with my GP. My level came back at 7986 at 24DPO sp all is well!

LOL @ dildo cam never heard that one before. I have my scan this Thursday.

Hope your appt goes well Mel!

Morning ladies

it has been rather quite in here
    hope you are all well

again i have had only had 2 hours sleep i don't know how much more i can take before i rip someones head off (DH is first in line - he has a sisnus infection and snored like a chain saw all night long every time i told him to roll over he was going to throw a pillow or 2 at me but he thought better of it the glowing red eyes and the snarling deterred him i think ) so i am going to try and have a little kip soon as bub decides to slow down on the areobic workout so i hope you all have fantastic days another day down and another closer to holding our precious bubba's

Skye ~ great results on your beta \/

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thanks Amy -what a great day they picked for me - double birthday for you & Melbo

I can't wait but I have to - your bubba might well be here by then - all seems to be going to plan for your HB.

Shazz - you poor thing -I hope you get a long nap and awake refreshed. I am suffering lack of sleep up late fixing computer problem -courtesy of DS :fuming: and then couldn't sleep.

Excellent -Skye

We are heading off for a short break tomorrow it is our 16th Wedding anniversary on Friday - Nanny is coming to mind DS - who has to go to school (OF course) and look after our business. Nice 'clean' weekend - lots of relaxing and sleeping only LOL - first ever .

Sushee- hooray for giving up work - how many days to go ?

wow Trish look at that ticker of your's go how are you feeling ???? i still haven't even attempted to lie down yet i was just trying to wash up but bub has decided that he doesn't like being squahed up against the sink and didn't he let me have it :shock:

yay at being able to get away for the weekend i hope you have a great time

we are going away for 2 days in 2 weeks for a wedding which i still haven't found anything to wear i may be going in shorts and a polo top yet won't that be a nice look

Hey ladies! Everything is fine here. No more bleeding, a few aches here and there which Im sure is ligament stretching etc. I have my first OB apt today, and hopefully an u/s! Im 5w6d today going off Saturdays u/s so hopefully we will see a h/b!
    Update when I get back.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello all!

Posting from home (yay!) as am on a Rostered Day Off. Came home early from work yesterday too as the heat and stuffiness and the lack of sleep was doing me in. Decided wasn't going to play the martyr and called my dad to come pick me up from work. So all in all, only 7 working days left for me!

Shazz, ditto on the aerobics. Bub seems to wait until I'm just about to doze off to play footie in there with my vital organs! But last night I crashed despite the calisthenics. Too tired to care anymore, I think.

Ariani came home last night with a tiny little 0000 t-shirt and overall matching set she'd bought and it made me cry! It's sooo cute, but I don't know if bub will fit in it? She's made me promise to put it in my hosiptal bag as baby's coming home outfit, so hopefully it fits and then it can go straight into bub's memory box right after.

Sheree, I hope the spotting's stopped and all is okay. Anna, glad everything is fine and Skye, good luck for your scan Thurs.

Trish, Mel, Shell, et all, to you all.

love
    sushee

Houston we have a heartbeat!!!!!
    Had our first OB appointment and he was happy to see us pregnant again! Did an u/s with the dildo-cam (ugh I'll be glad when bubs is big enough to see through abdo u/s :shock: ) and we saw a little :hbeat: thumping away :smt055 I tell you ladies Im in love already!!!! Dr says we can shout it from the rooftops now as the risk of m/c is really low!!!
    \/ OMG we're going to have a baby!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast