Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ Jan / Feb 2006

morning ladies

symptoms for me have been bloated belly, very tired, LOTS of wind pain and queasiness - infact the funny thing is that DH has the queasiness too (he did last time too hehehe). He is wishing for the first trimester to finish already.......

Good morning ladies!

Mel - That would've been pretty creepy. What is it with trains, or public transport for that matter? Attracts all the weirdos.....

Mel & Trish - Thanks for your maternity clothes advice. I'm going to be starting my psych placement soon working on the sex offenders program, which includes visiting prisons, so want to find some clothes that are VERY conservative. I'll check out target this week sometime.

Humphrey - Glad you're over the m/s. Sorry to hear about your headaches though, hope they ease up for you soon.

Sushee - Woohoo! Only 4 days....what will you do with yourself

Hope all you ladies are well!
    Cheers,
    Didge

Didge is your NT scan and bt coming up soon?

Hi Sheree,
    Yep, next week. I can't believe how quickly the time's flown. Did you have your 7 week scan today? Or am I getting ahead of myself?
    It's so cool seeing the little heartbeat/s for the first time...ask them if they can give you a picture of it too.

Excellent re testing next week Didge.
    My first scan is this Friday - woohoo, I love Fridays and I doubt that I will be going back to work afterwards LOL.
    Sushee- how lucky are you, that you have such few days of work left. Enjoy the pg pause before bubs arrives. (But you already know that luvey hehehe)

Just popping in quickly, super busy!
    Good luck with your scan on Friday Sheree, Im sure everything will be just fine! I need a due date buddy close to me
    Im doing ok, the Blackmores MS tablets werent working so my MIL gave me some b6 and I tell ya I dont feel sick anymore! Its a miracle =D> I might be able to feel human for the last half of this trimester then! I cant believe we are already 6w4d, its going by fast, which is a good think I just want to get to my 10wk appt and see bub again happy and healthy!
    Kisses to everyone else, hope your having a great start to the week!!!

Sheree & Sush, sounds like this Fri is going to be a celebration for u both.

Didge, bet u cant wait til next wk, to c ur twinnies again. :-)

Trish & Justine, hope ur headaches subside, not much fun.
    Nosebleeds: I've had a couple, very light ones & most from Allergic Rhinitis, around 20wks I think.
    BH (tightenings): since 19-20wks, obgyn said normal so long as not 5mins apart, can start at 12wks. Just uncomfy, & now whenever I need to pee they're stronger. :-)

Trish, yep we sure were, I was 17 & DH 18, double date with friends but we were a blind date... :-)

Justine, awesome on feelin some mvmnt now, makes it more real. :-)

Shez, Chele, Tam, Vicki & other LT girls, yep, there's more than enuf warm seats in here... :-)

Awww Thanks for the countdown Sush - I hadn't actually put it into days so that makes it seem even closer. My Dh is hoping for Valentines Day, but seeing that's tomorrow it's highly unlikely.

Mel - OMG at the train incident, that's nasty. I probably would have hit him with my handbag - Miss Piggy style, "Hey Yah.." You handled it very calmly I must say.

Not much to report from me, trying to finish up work this week definitely - can't wait.

Love to you all.

XX

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

my tightenings don't hurt and yes I do seem to need to pee sometimes when I notice them - it is just when i lie there and feel them.

Glad to know it is normal - almost 16 weeks

Didge - The target ones I got have a fold down belly bit and stetchy fabric so lots of room for expansion and very comfy. They also had shiny polyester type (black) more tailored ones but I didn't get those - they had about 5-6 different styles a few weeks ago.

Beware buying too much now in your size (maternity) - I was told buy another size larger as you can outgrow maternity pants quickly and more with twins. I was a 10 before so I bought 12 in 3/4 pants - and they are still a bit loose but stay up and I also got a 14 in long pants for winter -these fall right down almost now but too hot for now anyway. They were on special.

Another option is a thing called bellybelt - I think someone else mentioned it - it starts as a small piece of elastic with button and button hole and has extra bits with panels of material (brown/lack/denim ?)- so you can kept wearing normal dress pants - but it covers the belly gap -you need to wear long shirt over top though.I borrowed my friends last time.

Goodluck Sheree another day closer

Sushee - you are so close to Maternity leave - hope you get your promotion

tiggy Guest

Trish,
    Sorry to hear of the nosebleeds, headaches,tightenings. All part of a garden variety twin preggie I'm afraid. Have heard that the headaches are hormonal and that severe ones indicate a blue flavoured baby Worked for me both times!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tiff :wave:
    thanks I am glad to know they are all normal ... I don't mind them - crazy as it sounds

Interesting :-k about blue flavour 3 weeks till my scan - but any flavour is fine by me - two of same or different

Mel - that train weirdo would have been a worry -you sound like you handled it well.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

20 days until we meet Amy's little'un!

Morning girls,

well, yesterday I met the person who will be replacing me while I'm on maternity leave. It's a guy I originally trained when he first joined our dept, so I know he'll pick up quick and do really well. I spent all day with him yesterday showing him the ropes. Makes it so much more real to me now that I'm leaving at the end of the week!

Sheree, not long now until your scan. I hope the first tri symptoms ease for you soon, and for you too Anna and Skye. Your tickers seem to be speeding along! How exciting!

Also can't wait for the new batch of grads due here soon. This has got to be the year for LT babies! I cannot believe that when I first started in this forum, it felt like 30 weeks was never going to come, and yet here I am. PG just goes so quickly. But, when you're TTCing, it goes soooo slowly. So I feel for all our LT girls, and pray that they all get the babies they deserve.

love
    sushee

morning ladies

Good afternoon ladies!

I've a bit of a weird question. This morning for the very first time I threw up straight after eating my weetbix, which I think is a bit weird given I've been managing ok on blackmores morning sickness tabs since week 6. Anyway, this afternoon I noticed that my bump has moved up and out. Has anyone exp. vomitting with their bumps moving up??? I know this sounds weird, but I'm just really curious....

Thank you..... And Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Cheers,
    Didge

Sorry Didge, I didn't experience any vomiting with first pg. It all sounds OK though, and the movement of your belly is probably mutually exclusive of the your M/S.

Not long now Amy!!!! \/

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I don't know if it's connected, didge. I only threw up only twice in my first tri and both times, it was just something that I ate that just didn't agree, or was too strong tasting.

You bump growing may just be a coincidence.

Anyone else had this happen?

love
    sushee

Good evening ladies!

Very quickly from this quarter to ,let you know I'm still alive!

Welcome to all the newies, huge CONGRATS to Sal and lots of hugs and thank yous for all your well wishes and support!

No time for any personals, just wanted to let you know we are all doing well. We are all home now, the twins were transferred from the mercy to our local hospital and spent another week there getting over their jaundice and getting fattened up!

I have mastered the art of tandom feeding, which has cut down the time awake at night, these three hourly feeds are killing me, last night the little treasures decided to wake at every 2.5 hours and boy did that half an hour make a difference!!!!

apart from that all is going well. They are both putting weight on and have now hit 5lb 7 and 5lb 4. Little fatties! And i have lost an obscene amount of weight......it must have been all fluid from the PE that I was carrying about.

Someone asked about contractions???? Yep LOADS!!

Take care all and hopefully be back on in the very near future!

xxJo

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast