Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ Jan / Feb 2006

skyelar Guest

Shazz~ that is horrible. I am glad someone is going to check into it for you. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. :flower:

Sheree~how are you belly bud? Ohh you will have the best scan at 8 weeks! Lots more detail, mine was like a little kidney bean

Anna~what a yuck night you had! Men huh

Sushee~I hope there are many more Mums to be coming along as well. I can't believe so many bubs will be here in the next few months!

As for me, my next scan is back with my IVF Dr in around 3 weeks time.
    Then I will be off to my Ob on the 14th of March. He has a wizz bang machine in his office & we get a scan & piccies at every visit. Definatley worth every cent we spend with him!

Hope everone is well, who is next in line for labour vibes???

Skye & Didge, I haven't yet had to pee in a cup, my obgyn doesn't think it's nec. Also found in antenatal classes that not all obgyn's do this. Although I've had to at my GP clinic to confirm thrush/UTI a few times.

Skye, great Beta & scan results.

Sheree, wow, only 1wk til ur scan. Yikes on spotting ur whole preggy b4, hope it stops quick smart for this preggy.. :-)

Mel, maybe that +5kg lady in ur class will gain lots in her final wks. Hope that promo comes thru for u.. :-)

Amy, only 3 more days til homebirth confirmation for u.. :-)

Shazz, hope ur able to get a decent sleep soon. Bugger on havin to repeat a BT & that u werent tested earlier.

Trish, congrats on ur 16th anniv, hope u had a very relaxin break.
    We've been together 12.5yrs but only married for 2.5yrs, got a few more to go to catch up... :-)

Anna, thats great news on ur scan. Yikes on the potential car theif though, just cant beleive what some people will do.

I just can't stop EATING

Hi girls!!

I've got a question to ask about maternity wear. I'm trying to get in early so I'm not looking around at the last minute for a spare heshian sack

Any advice, what shops sell decent clothing that's affordable, would be greatly appreciated. I also need to look into getting a couple of businessy type outfits (mix and match), nothing too fancy, but nice enough.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Didge

i just got home from doing The GTT and it didn't affect as much as the challenge test did so go figure i got a little dizzy and felt a little queasy but most of all i have a roaring headache most likely from having to fast for so long then scoffing myself stupid at the caferteria(sp)
    it will be interesting to get those results ......

Didge try ebay for the businessy mat clothes and i found target and kmart to have some alright ,mat gear

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Didge,

I bought most of my work pants from Target, and my mat tops variously from Target and some speciality maternity shops. I think you can get away with Target pants (plus they're comfy and don't need ironing) but probably need to spend up a little on a couple of good tops. Ebay was also good, but I found all the ones I bought online don't fit now I'm in my 3rd tri. They're not generous enough in the tum area. So seeing how you've got twinnies in there, be conservative how much you spend on Ebay mat tops.

love
    sushee

Hi Shazz and Sushee,

Thank you for your advice. I'll have to have a look at another Target store - the one in Werribee was a little limited in range. I'll also check out ebay!

Thanks again!

P.S. Glad your GTT is over Shazz - when do you find out your results?

Shazz - good luck for your results.

Didge - I'm going to borrow a gf maternity clothes. Also will be using a belly belt initially (my work pants are already too tight). Also there are some good second hand maternity clothes shops, maybe look in your local yellow pages. Target has a great range of adjustable pants. As you will be in the winter/cold for you last trimester, maybe wait and see how big you are and then buy. IYKWIM.

* sheepishly sticks her nose in *
    Didge from memory Target at Highpoint has a great range.... * slowly backs out*

Hello Shez,

All of you LT girls are welcome to come visit, stick around, have a coffee! We were all LT girls once! Lol! Don't feel like you have to slink in and out. After all, you all have seats waiting and it's not a bad idea for you to get used to them!

love
    sushee

Hi Shez,
    Thanks for the tip! I'll have to go and have a squiz - it's good too that Highpoint is just down the road.
    And as Sushee said, you're more than welcome to put your 2 cents worth in!
    Thanks again,
    Didge

Hey Everyone

Lots of great news here from scans etc, it's so good to see all these LT bubbies sprouting everywhere. I feel like you Sush, actually very sad about leaving this forum shortly.

Well one dilemma down and another one arises!! Placenta has well and truly cooperated but my midwife is now a little concerned about the size of bubs. That is - it appears he is a porker!!! I know ultrasounds this late in pg are notoriously unreliable but she has said she wouldn't want to see me go over 40 weeks and if he hasn't come on his own by then we'll have to go to Invercargill to be induced. So I am really hoping he makes an appearance before then! I guess she's worried he could be really big and it COULD mean problems getting him out, at the moment we're just taking it week by week!

So that's about it from me - will pop back later to do personals.

Love you! XX

Hi Lovelies,

Amy - I hope the estimates are wrong ... I know of some cases personally where they have been very off the mark! Fingers crossed that everything goes to plan and you don't have to make the trip for the induction.

Didge - yes would have to agree that Target is a good source for mat clothes. I've got quite a few things from there. Even bought some things I can wear later that doubled as mat clothes. Very handy. Also picked up some bargains at the Pea in a Pod factory outlet in Collingwood. I got two dresses for $25.00 each, pants for $30.00 ... also the very useful Belly Band in various colours which covers that "gap" and has the added bonus of keeping the belly warm in cooler weather. Good luck and have fun shopping!

Sheree - Yes I understand the food thing ... are you having hankerings for certain types of foods or just everything in general? One thing's for sure ... the little tackers know what they like! I was a salty chips and lemonade fiend.

Shazz - bugger about the GD. It does seem strange that they did not check you earlier, considering your previous history. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Skye - It's great you have such a nice obstetrician - it does so much for putting your mind at rest. I'll bet you're looking forward to that scan.

As for me - not much happening here except for heightened anticipation of the start of mat leave. I found out on Thursday that I did not get a promotion this time however I have been found suitable for higher duties (what the? ... that's the public service for you). So at least I will keep the designation and the higher rate of pay for the next 12 months. Will just have to go for the promotion again when I am on leave and intend to get it this time. Did feel a bit ****ty for a few days there though because I couldn't figure out what went wrong. I thought my interview was good and obviously it wasn't my application or references so will be seeking feedback.

Topped it all off with a crap day yesterday. There were problems at work with a particularly difficult staff member - she's the type the public service is forced to tolerate because you can't sack them. She's very cunning and manipulative - plays dumb to get out of doing things and spends her whole time distracting others and making personal calls. When the team leader isn't there, I'm in charge so I have to deal with her more than I would like. It was not a good situation.

Then on the way home in the train, a man came and sat down opposite me. He was a bit odd looking ... as in not right in the head. For some reason I had a feeling he was going to do something weird and that feeling proved to be right. First he was trying to play footsies with me. I moved my feet because I thought it was a misunderstanding on his part and then he reached out with both hands and grabbed my knees saying he just wanted to touch me. I just smiled and removed his hands, saying "Please don't touch me, it's not appropriate behaviour". He said, "Oh, sorry, sorry ... I know I shouldn't do it ...". I didn't get up and move because I didn't want to start him off and anyway, it was only two stations till I was supposed to get out. I didn't report him because he was obviously a bit impaired intellectually but it still made me feel a bit sick.

Anyway, I think that's enough excitement for one post.

Hope everyone is well and that Trish is enjoying her anniversary weekend. =)

Love,

Mel

Amy, I've heard of stories where they've been wrong in predicting weight from late scans too, on both counts (eg told small but much bigger or vice versa), so hopefully they're wrong.

Mel, bummer bout the promo, maybe next time will be it. Yikes on that train situation.

Evening all you Lovely Glowing Pregnant Ladies just have a look at all your big Tum Tums here.
    Just thought I would pop in and check out the vacancies in here and give a few of you a :bellyrub: for Luck for Next Saturday.
    Hope you have 4 seats available here in the next 2 weeks BB is expecting graduates lol in Shez, Me, Tam & Vicki so keep our seats warm for us will you as we are [-o< we will be here this month.

Hope you are all well and not having too much :msick:

Righto everyone, shove along now. Yep Chele - plenty of room now - all of you get your butts over here. Look forward to lots of happy announcements soon.

Sorry for no personals people. I've just gotten over MS and now seem hit by daily shocking headaches. Staring at the screen makes it worse. I'm feeling lots of little nudges though which is lovely. I can't stop rubbing my belly either!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Justine - I rub my belly all day long - especially out - so people know I am preg and not just fat LOL - Plus I just love it

The headaches - I have had them too especially the last week but the few days and I haven't been near the computer - can't remember if I did as much last time though. I have have a few nosebleeds too and tightening (contractions). Tiff,Tam & JO - did you get them ?

MY twin book says with twins we get them all the time and heaps more than with a single baby - but this part I don't like - worries me.

Sheree- spotting is always a bit of a worry but you sound very positive - I had it for 8 weeks almost. Having to wait till 17th OM gosh - you are amazingly patient. Goodluck - this baby has to a miracle sticky one.

Chele & Shez - fingers crossed for you all joining us

Shazz- you have had a rough deal

Mel - yay at least for higher duties /salary - you will get the promotion next time -can't believe your maternity leave is so close. We did have a good time but not long enough.

Amy - I hope bubba behaves and is just the right size for a home birth.

Didge - I agree Target is good for maternity pants.

Shell- you and your DH must have been teen sweethearts - very cute !

Belly rubs to eveyone else - I can't remember or see any more posts.

Mel,

oeerr on the train ride thingo. Very icky. You were amazingly composed all things considered. I probably would have freaked out! Sorry to hear about your promotion. I am applying for mine despite the fact that it still hasn't been advertised and will probably likely come out just as I'm going into labour or something! :fuming:

Amy, I'm hoping all the factors balance out and you eventually have the homebrith you want. Not long now for you. I say we start Amy-Watch today.

21 days until we meet Amy's little'un!

LTTTC and LTAC girls, there is loads of room in here for all of you. I would love to see those forums completely empty from everyone graduating!

humph and Trish, headaches suck. I hope you both feel better soon. Trish I've had little tightenings from about 15 weeks, which Dr says is because this is baby #4. They started out just feeling a little funny. Now they're quite bl**dy uncomfy. But it's reminding me of what labour will be like, I guess.

Sheree, only 4 days until your u/s and seeing the little'un's hb. Only 4 days until my leave starts too! Yay! the 17th will be a good days for us both! \/

Hello everyone else shell, skye, didge et all!

love
    sushee

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast