Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ June 2006 #2

Feeling super crampy today. I've also caught my son's virus and very phlegmy. I've also found out that some of DH's relatives are coming to stay for a week in July - not happy Jan! He says "you won't have to do anything". Sure - just shop for food, cook, keep the house clean etc...

Just feeling grumpy and want to crawl into bed - sorry for being a grumpy bum.

Justine, you are perfectly entitled to be a grumpy bum, being sick and pg sucks. Re inlaws, that sucks too. I suggested to DH for my mum to come over in the last month of this pg and he flatly said "no way"!!!!! That it was time for us as a family to bond!!!

Morning ladies

Hi Everyone
    LOL about the G-string conversation. I have never been able to wear them but have girlfriends that swear by them. I just find the whole exercise too uncomfy.

I'm booked in for a 7 week scan next Tuesday. We're both feeling a bit apprehensive but managing to stay positive. Then we have a gruelling 5 weeks until the 12 weeks u/s. At this stage it seems so far away!

I'd be interested to know who you told and when with your pregnancy(ies). We are pretty much waiting to tell people after we are 12 weeks. Both sets of parents have been told and that's all so far (apart from BB friends of course LOL).

Fingers crossed for next Tues Kar. We didn't tell people with the 1st pg until 18wk. Too nervious. With this one it was such an amazing miracle that we told everyone (except my work) a the time of the BFP.......Just go with what you feel is right....

Sal Guest

Kar, yep the time waiting for scans is torture! We told our parents and immediate family at 6w (we didn't find out til 5w or so along anyhow). We told friends after the 12w NT scan. I think the way to decide who to tell is to think who you would also be comfortable telling if anything went wrong with the pg (NOTHING IS GOING TO WRONG WITH YOUR PG!!!!). Good luck for Tuesday!

Trish you must be getting ultra nervy/excited now!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Justine - :mad: I wouldn't like in-laws either unless they are the type to help and you sit back and do nothing. Hope the cramping eases and the virus is short lived.

Shez - how are you travelling ? when is your scan ?

Thanks Amy - how big was Noah born ?

WOw - Skye - woo hoo you are done to double digits 99 days to go and Sheree - 96 days - amazing how far you are along.

Kar - goodluck for next week .We told DH's family after 7wk scan and my family @8wks because it was Christmas day. Others we told after 12week scan.

You are right Sal ... next appointment Thursday - things might change depending on T1's fluid levels ... both still squirming a lot and very uncomfortable no matter what I do but hey I'm not complaining and not crying yet come close a few times but more to do with the thought of holding my boys. Lots of BH and very tight tummy.

Yesterday had a hurl in morning after breakfast.Then nothing but a biscuit till eat till after 2pm - felt [email protected] most of day ... today has been good.I get the works again now reflux, indigestion,heartburn and feel like I need to burp or F.. all the time.Gobbling the rennie tablets.

I am lucky my man is such a treasure looking after me.

Finally the carseats are in and we will pick up them and the pram Thursday ... been craving Krispy Kreme donuts since I read the thread got to get some Thursday.Will twist DH's arm to take me there.

I just noticed 35wks - 35 days to go ... cool not that it will be me !

Oh no Justine on the IL's staying & about feelin crappy.

Good luck Kar, not that u'll need it.

Hang in there Trish, 2.5wks to go, hope u can relax as much as is possible b4 then.

thanks Shell - I am trying to - easy to be lazy . I am enjoying this bit because I know it won't be so for a long time in a few weeks.

I want to hang on till 37weeks at least if I can... then only 3 more days. I remember I think I satrted counting down at about 50 -60 days - and now only 17 days to go ... Holly is so gorgeous and photogenic.

Good on you Trish for being lazy. Certainly with 3 boys in the house you will not get a chance to be lazy again for a while. But I am sure it is not really being lazy, it is just doing what your body can handle at the moment.
    Thought I should come in here and post so I can be in here with you for a few days or week!
    congratulations Kar, on your pregnancy. Looks like you and I will be in here together for a while. Last time we didn't tell anyone mcuh until about 20 weeks. same as Magic, but with us it was because we had an amnio so wanted to make sure everything was OK. This time, as we did IVF, we told everyone that we had told we were doing IVF as it seems silly that they know you are doing it and then not telling them the positive result. But I must say it has been annoying me a bit as it seems like this pg. will be the longest in history. Not going to tell anyone else officially - just going to let them work it out for themselves. But am seeing my best friend today so will tell her today. I agree with Magic, go with what feels right.
    My scan went well on Friday but on Sunday my symptoms started to dull a bit so I am not feeling very relaxed but what can I do? It is ridiculous I don't enjoy the symptoms but when I don't have them I am not happy! LOL. Have my last appt. with the IVF doctor on Friday so I will see what she says. Not sure if I can wait until week 12 for my next scan. I am really looking forward to feeling movement, at least then you can get some reassurance that everything is OK.
    Humphrey, get those visitors to do everything for YOU!!

Sal Guest

Anney, that's just great that your scan went well! So there's *just* the one bub is there?!

Morning you lovely pg ladies....

ness4 Guest

sorry I haven't posted in a while looks like there has been some very busy ladies out there

CONGRATS to Ali for her lovely bundle of joy

On the home front everything is going well with my little bub, I will be having a c-sect though sometime between the 10th and 17th of August. I will find out a date hopefully on the next DRs visit.

I hope everyone is well and happy.
    Last edited by ness4; June 28th, 2006 at 10:50 AM.

ness4 Guest

Trish I can't believe your nearly due, I am so excited for you.

Hi Ness, woohoo on the impending c-section.

thanks Ness - wow you are just cruising along too - goodluck for getting a date

Anney - good to see you popping in and yes it such a long time to 12wk scan. It does feel a long pregnancy when we find out so early. Hey you are 20% down and when buying that is great discount - 1/5 of the way woohoo.

Did you know elephants are pregnant for 22 months ... so ladies we can consider ourselves fortunate ... imagine birthing one as well :eek:

Sheree - how are you going ? when do you start maternity leave ?

Hi Trish, I'm "grand" thanks (hehehe inlaws are Irish!). Getting bigger and happier....Maternity leave well, as I am a manager I will try to work for as long as possible. Although the desire isn't there I must say. When I get asked about it at work, I reply that I will go day by day with my health but probably sometime in August....

Speaking of pregnant animals - did you know giraffes gave birth standing up?? Ouch - that's gotta hurt, poor bubbas.

So glad to see you here permanently Anney. Make yourself comfortable - you have 7 months of stressing and worrying ahead - enjoy every minute of it!

Just another day filled with mucous for me. Gotta love those aloe tissues! The relos coming are actually Dh's neice and ex-boyfriend (don't ask, long story). Hopefully they'll be out most days "raging" or whatever "young people" do these days.

I went shopping today and finally found some non-pink baby clothes. I think pink's cute - but there's only so much I can handle. I love reds and purples but the cheapy dept stores don't really stock funky colours. I made the mistake of having too many nice outfits for DS so am trying not to go crazy.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast