Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #13

HI Airline,
    I had AWFUL gas with both my pregnancies until about 10 weeks. I was so bloated that anyone I saw during this period knew I was pregnant as I was so big (not very big normally so was very obvious, hence avoided seeing anyone). It miraculously dissapeared overnight (deflated so to speak) and in the morning my stomach was flat again, then during the day got bigger again. Apparently it's caused by progesterone and the increasing levels as it slows down your digestive system. Hope this helps. Can't say I found anything that stopped it as it was quite uncomfortable - I guess releasing the pressure if you can is the best cure

Hey Lairdoz
    thanks for info. It's true it gets worse as the day goes on. Thank goodness DH is on nightshift tonight ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by airline View Post
    but secondly he said it's cos nothing has been private about this journey and he wanted it to just be our secret.
    Omg, I think we should get these two together! Mine has been saying the exact same thing about finding out the gender - he wants us to find out but keep it secret and this is the reason he's given. We told our family about the BFP after the 7w scan. We just wanted to wait until we saw the HB. We wanted to do that the first time too, but never got that far. We never told my mum about the m/c because I didn't think she'd be supportive (not that she wouldn't mean well, just that she stubbornly does what she thinks is best for you even if you say it's not what you want) and I couldn't handle it at the time. Your nausea sounds similar to what I had - all day, but not much vomiting. I have had a few brief bouts of gas like that, but mostly my gas has been at the other end - I haven't stopped burping since the start of the pregnancy!

Brunette, I've been thinking about it since posting and I've had an idea. We were meant to go to the french restaurant at Carina for my birthday, but that got postponed when we were burgled (the day before my birthday and 4 days before EPU) and I was too upset to go. They've just gotten back from a 2 month trip and have had one of mum's friends from high school house sitting. I was thinking of suggesting we do the dinner before her friend heads back to Sydney (end of the month) and letting her start telling then. That way I get to see what she says and get an idea of how she'll tell others... Not sure if DH will approve though? That may hit too close to his "our news" issue? I'll run it past him and see what he says. Part of me wants to make her wait until after the next OB appointment, because I'm forever scared of getting bad news at the next appointment...

juniper you're right.....they definately think the same!!! Last year we were both content to wait to tell the folks till we saw the heartbeat, and try and last till 12 weeks because it would've been Christmas time, but never got that far.

BUT...this one's different..it's a sticker and is making itself quite at home in there and letting me know it's not 'all about me' anymore LOL!
    right, gotta go to bed, this is the latest I've been up in days......... night all xx zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi all.
    Im hearing you on the gas thing! Im also way more regular than before i was pg, which is strange. Its prob due to the change in my diet.
    I have my U/S this arvo. Im so nervous its not funny. Ive never been so scared.
    x

Good luck Jaki, hope you see that little HB pulsating away. I'm 6wks 1day today but ticker's not changed. My u/s is a week today. Let us know how you go. xx

I seem to have insomnia too! For the last 5 nights roughly I'll wake about 3-4 am and be awake for an hour or so then finally drift off. Soo annoying. Wondered if it was cos I hadn't eaten for so long (compared to day time at the moment). If I get up though, the dog has to go pee outside, the cats go 'oh cool it's brekky time' etc. Thought it was cos I was off to bed at 9.30 these days but last night stayed up later and still woke at 3 ish. Anyone else having strange sleeping patterns?

Jaki, I hope the scan goes perfectly! Let us know how you go!

airline, my ticker is from the same website and it updates at 3pm each day.

I havent slept thru the night since the start of my ivf. I lay awake and overthink from usually 4am. Some nites its been 1am tho It doesnt help that we have to pee alot now im sure!

Hi ladies

Just thought i would pop my head in here. So wonderful to see this thread continuing to grow and grow! Wishing all the newbies a very happy and healthy pregnancy!

I am still here, a couple of days off my due date but feeling like ill be around for a little longer.

Continue growing those little miracles nicely ladies, pregnancy does go by very very quickly so make the most of ever moment!

Oh wow Paula! Can't believe that you are almost at 40 weeks! Hope Miss T decides to make a prompt appearance.

Janie and Jasmine xxx

Juniper, it is a really hard decision to make and one ultimately for you and your husband. I wish mums could be more understanding and just accept our wishes, but speaking about my own, although she means well, I could have strangled her at the time for adding to my stress in an incredibly stressful situation because SHE wanted to tell the world I was PG when WE didn't want her to. It made me feel like we should have kept it to ourselves and only told her when we wanted the world to know - because once mum knows, everyone knows! My mum was the first person we told the good news to, and god I wish I hadn't told her when she was being difficult but that would have been a major wrong in mum's books if we kept it a secret from her! Your plan sounds like a good one. Let us know how it all goes.

Hi Paula, how are you feeling? Ready to meet your baby I imagine!

Airline, I had a terrible time in my first trimester with sleep, but I did IVF and had to take pessaries and tablets every six hours so set my alarm to wake myself up at some godawful hour of the morning, and then could never get back to sleep. Plus I needed to go to the toilet every half hour throughout the night. Then once I got into the second trimester the need to frequently go to the toilet ceased but very bad headaches started and also waking up at 2 or 3 am every night from about week 13 for a couple of weeks, from memory. I remember thinking the 2nd semester was supposed to be the good one! But it's got better now (I'm week 20) apart from feeling tired and getting achy feet! Ha, ha. Oh the joys of being UTD!

Hi Girls, just popping by. So many fresh faces, it's just so wonderful to see!!!

Well tomorrow is my last day as a "non mummy" as we are booked in for an induction on Thursday!! I'm so awfully excited, and terrified all in one. But soon enough we will be meeting our little man.

Hope everyone is doing well

Ninah - my goodness, one more day to go! How exciting! I hope all goes nice and smoothly for you, have a wonderful time meeting McPeanut, and look forward to hearing all about it!

Paula - ooooh, getting so close now! Hope your feeling good sweetie, and nice and relaxed. Sounds like you're not feeling much movement at the station yet? Hopefully baby Tiana will surprise you and come out the day she is expected!

Jaki80 - you probably would've had your scan by now, can't wait to hear the news! Sorry to hear about the insomnia, its a bugger, isn't it? I've NEVER had a problem falling asleep til I was pg - first trimester was worse than it is now though. At (almost) 18 weeks, I'm only waking to pee (only once a night- yay!) now, and can get back to sleep pretty quickly.

airline and Jaki80 - afraid to say I too was like rather windy in my first trimester. As Lairdoz said, its the progesterone slowing your digestive system down. I was quite bloated (on top of the bloating from OHSS) - I looked like I was 6 months pregnant for a while! Make sure you keep your fluids and fibre up. I also burped a lot, it was totally charming - a whoopee cushion at one end, Barney from the Simpsons at the other! DH was rather taken aback, as it always seemed to get worse when I lay down in bed at night, so he copped it Its settled down now.

airline - sorry to hear that you're suffering MS, glad its not the vomity kind. I hear you on DHs behaving differently to us. My DH too would've been happy for us to just rock up to a function with a baby, and go "surprise! Look what we did!". Having said that, now he's in the swing of it, I think he's enjoying telling people. And as for the spa - we didn't have one in our place, but I think its best to avoid them (especially in the first trimester when your cervix is still sealing itself off, from memory? someone correct me if I'm wrong). I've avoided baths full stop til now for fear of overheating myself (I like them nice and hot!), but had a couple on the weekend, not too hot.

Brunette - great to hear you had a lovely weekend, and your friend's wedding was good. As for our trip to the Hunter - I was the one doing the chauffering, unfortunately! Hehe. Not to worry, I'll get my own back, one day...

Juniper76 - sorry DH is giving you grief about the issue. Glad you decided against your mum telling BFF's mum, sounds like a safer option to leave them til later - you don't want everyone finding out through FB! I lived in fear of that for a while, when only a few people knew. I think your plan to let your mum tell her friend while you are there at dinner sounds like a good one, that way you and DH can get the congrats personally, and then take over the story telling (and leave out any bits you don't want mentioned). See what DH says, I guess.

Worrywart - good to hear your brother's names are totally different to yours. They sound like they would be very amusing, from what you've posted! If you're worried about them changing their minds, could you have a discreet word in your bro's ear about the names you want, and "bags" them? I'm feeling lucky at this point reading all the name dilemmas, no other babies gonna pop out before ours, so I've got a clear run of it! Lots of names I liked have already been taken on the other hand, so we're struggling a bit to get a shortlist going.

Better go, I'm making soup, inspired by this miserable winter's day! Hi to anyone I've missed

Hello ladies.... Our scan was amazing! His heart beat is the most beautiful noise ive ever heard! 136bpm. The dating was exactly accurate to mine. due the 28th march. Im so clever. hehe

just popping in quickly to say congratulations on the strong heartbeat jaki!!!Bet you're soo relieved. Did you have an FET? Think I"ve asked this before. And was it a 5 day embryo? Just still confused that we had transfers on the same day but our clinics have told us our progressions are on different timelines.

Jaki, woo hoo!! I'm so glad to hear it went well! And I'm incredibly jealous that you have heard the heartbeat - that's something we haven't done yet.

Leabie, the issue I have with the FB outing is that I haven't told my co-workers because I'm kind of curious to see how long it takes one of them to notice (since I'm overweight my bump is well camouflaged). I have told my managers, but they haven't outed me yet. Lol, I've been wearing maternity pants to work since 8 weeks... Soup sounds delish! I caved and ordered indian for the rainy weather. I just hope I don't pay for it with heartburn tomorrow.

Ninah, so exciting!! I hope Thursday goes perfectly and you have your little man in your arms very quickly!

Brunette, mums can be a challenge sometimes, can't they. Do you think we'll learn from them?

Paula, FX she doesn't keep you waiting long!

Afm, I've just realised we get a public holiday tomorrow (in Brisbane) to celebrate me reaching 15 weeks. Just kidding... But I can sit here waiting for 3pm to watch the ticker change to the next fruit (an orange - more citrus, haven't they heard that's bad for heartburn?)!

Omg, the skin on the back of my hands is so dry... What's that about?

Hello to all you lovely ladies,

Jaki - Glad your scan went well it is such an amazing sound to hear! Wait till you can actually make out features and it doesn't look like a cute little blob.

Laridoz - the other ladies have given you some good advice. I don't know what i would do, i would change my mind about it so many times. At the end of the day it is your baby and you and DH need to love the name you give it.

Paula & Ninah - GL to you both i hope everything goes well and you are holding you precious bundles soon.

Hi to everyone else (sorry i'm being lazy and only got through 3 of you ladies) hope you are all well.

HALFWAY !!!! YAY!!! It feels like it has taken forever to get here!! Still being sick does not help and just seems to make the time drag on. We get to see bub tomoz at our 20 wk scan so excitied. I can feel bub but it is nice to see it a make sure everything is there!! I can't beleive the amount of people who think it is strange that we are not going to find out the sex of the baby. After the journey we have been on all i want is a healthy baby and a beautiful surprise for 2 1/2 yrs of waiting!!

Jaki - congratulations, that is great news!!
    Ninah - goodluck and I am sure everything will be fine. I was induced and it ended up being a really easy birth so I hope yours is too!
    Paula - hope the countdown goes quickly!
    Renee - can't believe you are halfway already, time sure does fly by.
    Juniper - I can't remember what the deal was with skin, but I remember I bought moisturiser when I was pregnant before - which is a first as I have oily skin. Obviously another joy of hormones!!!

Hi to everyone else

AFM - I spoke to my sister, who brought up the name so I told her it is our boys name and she said she's not at all surprised and she wouldn't mind at all if we named our son the same name. I knew she would say that, it was just a strange conversation because she doesn't know I am pregnant, but she knows we were up to IVF cycle number 6, so she knows we are hoping for something to happen soon. I'm waiting until her baby is a couple of weeks old before I tell family apart from my Mum so that she can bask in her moment in the spotlight as I think every 1st time Mum deserves that.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast