Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After LT TTC ~ November 2006

~Jane~ Guest

Chris - I picked up some Blackmores morning sickness formula, I think it has helped, I couldn't eat dinner but I don't feel like I need to lay down all the time(sooooo unlike me)

Sushee - I am glad someone else was into the lollies, although I think I may have overdone it this afternoon, you know when you think "hmmm this makes me feel better, I know -I'll keep eating them", not a wise move but it does settle after a while.

Mel - I was checking out the packs of twisties at work today, not only do we have charity chocolates but charity savouries, I think they could be a go-er. Speaking of the train, this women this morning just about bowled me down to grab the last seat before I could. I am sure she could hear DH and I talking about morning sickness too grr

Sushee and Kar - how funny with your arranged marriage, how cute

Danni - I keep meaning to say how cute your bump is, I will have to get one of those websites organised when I start to show and have some scans etc

It's really exciting with everyone at different stages, absolutley fascinating actually

yes get a website jane

Noooo Kar is having BLUE!

Hiya everyone scan went great.. Tiny is not so Tiny though approx 5lb10oz already!!! I am beginning to panic a bit will have to caht to the OB about going over.

Danni I agree with the others I had flutters from about 16wks but definate everyday stuff from 19.

Jane sorry to hear about the morning sickness hope the Sydney trip goes ok!!

Great to see you moving along so nicely Chris!!

I love it when you guys pop in Mel Sush and Shell those littlies are growing up too fast!!!

Kar I'm with Danni, blue for you!!!

Belly rubs everyone

Oh wow tiny! Glad everything went well

Shez - good news about tiny. Sounds like all is going really well.

I can so relate to your fears about a big baby. Apparently the predominant factor is your birthweight and birthweight of your siblings. So if you were big then your baby is more likely to be big. My mum is 5ft4 and had me 9lb11oz, DS 8lb6oz and DS 11lb13oz. So you can see where my concern stems from.....

But I have been doing a lot of work on this with my naturopath and also by doing heaps of reading.

I've come to the conclusion that I should relax. It's the head circumferance not the overall weight that makes a difference. I also take some comfort knowing that despite having 3 large babies, my mum managed with no pain relief and just a bit of gas for the big bugger when he had a shoulder presentation.

My naturopath also has had 5 kids (4 in the last 5 years) and her second (7lb) was a killer compared to #3 who was her biggest and fastest at 9lb2oz.

Maybe talk to others here who have been through an induction to see what it is like? I've heard it can make things more painful/more complicated for baby.

Thanks Kar.. The parents birthweight thing is why I baffled. I was 7lb12oz and DH was 7lb 6oz. My brother was 7lb11 and sister 7lb6 so not big!!
    My best frind had a bad experience with my 9lb8oz godson, all the medicos had told her he was big and then let her go 12days over before inducing her which resulted in an awful 40hour ordeal ending in a c-s and them admitting he would never have fit. Then due to the lengthy labour she had a temp so they took the bub away for 48hrs!! I guess I am fearing that.
    I see my OB on thursday so I will discuss my concerns with him.

Oh your poor friend. Isn't funny (not) how there's always a horror (birth) story around for us to think about - just part of the straightjacket I guess....

confusedegg Guest

JANE: No matter whether m/s formula or not, so pleased you feeling bit better.

Hope everyone doing well.

OMG Shezz, ur poor friend.

Yikes Kar, ouch for your mum, what a trouper.
    Yes, inductions REALLY SUCK/hurt (see my birth story), my rels did their births natural, but i had the works for the pain & i think i have a reasonably high pain threshold. Everyone I know who's had one says the same thing. Sorry dont mean to scare you Shezz, hope u dont need one. Just be prepared.

Jane, u poor mummy to be, good news on feeling a bit better though hope u start to feel alot better.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I have to admit I've had two inductions and two natural births, and it was with the inductions that I ended up with pain relief both times. It goes much fater so you don't get to build on your pain threshold IYKWIM. Also remember Shez that u/s can be very deceiving when it comes to size of bubs.

BTW DH was 10lb 12oz and was birthed naturally. I was still concerned so talked to my ob about big babies being heiriditary and he reckons it's not true!

wonderful ladies! Im sitting here while Junior is blowing bubbles in my side What a wonderful feeling!

Started my new job so I wont be online as much anymore. Its good, my brain is stimulated which is great as it hasnt been for so long. however the one hour drive there is almost killing me.

My belly button is so close to popping, im so excited! Sushee was so right when she said 2nd tri is so much better than 1st. Actually many people told me that and Im so grateful thats its true for me too!

Love to you all xxx

P.S 11 days till we find out the flavour!

confusedegg Guest

DANNI: I thinks blueberry bubs for you.

Me too

~Jane~ Guest

Just popping in for a quick hello

I am really really struggling with ms and tiredness at the moment and have no idea how I am going to get through the rest of today, I feel just awful. I think a walk in the fresh air might perk me up, I really don't want to give in and go home. It's a bit like with endo, if you go home from work every time you feel bad you would have to stay home all the time. Might go check the baby clothes at Myer, that will perk me up

Hope everyone is well

Jane - sorry to hear you are feeling so tired. Hope Myer baby perks you up.
    Protein is the other thing - it's really hard to keep going I found in the early days without keeping your protein intake right up.

Hi everyone else.

I'm madly busy finishing off about 4 jobs at once! Haven't time to scratch myself. But the baby seems happy and wriggles away while I'm working at my desk just to remind me I am pregnant!

hi everyone. Just popping in to say hi. Jane I hope the Myer baby stuff perked u up. I have been busy washing tiny little clothes and nursery linens!!

Belly rubs xoxox

~Jane~ Guest

thanks Shez and Kar, I actually came straight home after lunch and slept all afternoon on the couch and still feel sick, gotta love this bubs, it is definately making its presence felt for me, which is cute, but I won't be too upset once the morning sickness ends.

Shez - I have an image of all tiny's clothes out drying in the sun, I love seeing little clothes out drying

I need to work out how to get the protein up Kar, I don't I am getting enough but it's always something I have struggled with

Jane - sorry to hear the ms is so bad :hugs: hope it slows up for you very soon... BTW what is your due date?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast