View Poll Results: When did you first feel baby kicking?

Voters
812. You may not vote on this poll
  • <15 weeks

183 22.54%
  • 15-16 weeks

222 27.34%
  • 17-18 weeks

214 26.35%
  • 19-20 weeks

123 15.15%
  • 21-22 weeks

60 7.39%
  • 23 weeks or longer

10 1.23%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: When did you first feel baby kicking?

16 weeks and a couple of days... :-) Yay. Felt a couple of taps a couple of nights ago, and then another one last night.

Didn't really feel like my tummy was fluttering, but did feel like it was running around in circles (and trying to escape) from about the week before, with the first one being a sudden onset of a really racing pulse.

Default first feel baby kicking

18 week for me and first baby.

I've been feeling flutters for a couple of weeks, but by the time it was over I was usually left wondering if I was imagining things.

The first time I 100% knew for sure was right on 18w... And I've been feeling them consistently ever since.

I first felt my bub at 12 ish weeks, mostly flutters then, and big kicks from 18 weeks.
    I'm 24 weeks now and haven't stopped feeling big kicks and movements everyday.
    Its such a crazy feeling!
    She will be my first

Im in the 23 weeks or longer lol baby was posterior and very lazy, Im 32 weeks now and shes finally starting to get active lol hope this carries over to when shes a baby gonna be a breeze

at about 15-16 weeks I felt a movement. once off, then after 16 weeks I've been feeling something about once a day for 5 mins. but today (18weeks) i'm felt movements basically all day.

Hi All,

I am 23 Weeks now (Almost 24) with my first.
    I can't feel anything, or at least I can't tell the difference
    People say you can usually tell the difference, I can't!
    I had lunch with a friend today and she is a week ahead of me and said she felt flutters from about 18 weeks
    and now was feeling proper kicks

I had has scans and everything is fine but when some many people feel something and I don't it can be unsettling....
    Any thoughts???

Vianna, My OB always said that first time mum's may not feel movement up until 25 weeks. You can always talk to your OB if you're worried.

I felt DD at 17 weeks (only if I layed on my tummy) and then by 20 weeks it was kicks. DH felt her kick him at 20 weeks.

With Beez, I've thought I felt him for about a week, but I can definately feel him now. It feels like he's rolling or pushing out. Occationally I'll feel a 'pop'.
    I'm 13+4w

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It depends where the placenta is too. If you have an anterior placenta (front wall) it can block kicks/movement so you can feel it later than others. First bub is usually longer as well as others have said. 15 weeks for my first then 13 weeks, both with posterior placentas.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Bumping this thread rather than starting a new one. With DD, I felt flutters around 14 weeks. I'm now ten and a bit weeks, and I could swear last night I felt that familiar popping, fluttering feeling down low. I've had phantom kicks since DD, but this was different. Wondering of anyone else has felt bub this early?

I felt DS2 about 11 weeks. I put it down to posterior placenta, knowing what flutters felt like to me and the fact that he was non-stop

Second pregnancy I was feeling movement crazy early too, PZ, around the 10-11 week mark. I found t really disconcerting actually, don't know why. And I have had anterior placenta both times.

I had an anterior placenta with DS (first pregnancy) and felt first flutters bang on 17 weeks. I'm now 14 weeks and I'm sure I've felt little movements since 11 weeks, but I'm not "counting" it until I'm sure, iykwim?

I felt a few flutters at about 19 weeks then definite kicks at 19 weeks 6 days. Luckily We were in bed and I grabbed my partners hand and he got to feel a kick too. Now its part of our morning routine- feeling her kick before getting the day started. What a wonderful sensation!

I think it will be in between 15 - 18 week.

I'm 11 weeks today and I just felt what felt like little kicks.

Movements for me are like spams not flutters.

However I do often feel little spams low in my pelvis so it's hard to work out if it babe or just growth.

I had a scan today and babe was very active

Nothing definite until just after 20 weeks. I had an anterior placenta. My DH felt movements on the outside about 23weeks.

Movements were always on the quiet side the whole pregnancy which caused me lots of stress. I was always reassured when scanned or the GP used the doppler and she would be rolling and kicking up a storm but I couldn't feel a thing.
    Last edited by Rosey; July 13th, 2012 at 07:12 PM.

I felt the first actual kick at about 16-17 weeks this time I think it was the same for DD too, and this time I felt it from the outside too

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast