Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: dr making upset

  1. #1

    Default dr making upset

    Hi guys..i went to the dr the other day and once again she was telling me that a ceza was on the cards probably as babies head is still floating around(i have another post from 2 weeks ago about the same thing) she said if baby was still floating around at 40 weeks it would be an emergency ceza..i know that the baby has 8 weeks still to turn around..but she is making me upset at the fact that i don't want to have a ceza>>(i will have one if really needed at the end if the baby is in danger) and still 8 weeks away from the end im not happy about her telling me that a ceza is 0n the cards when she doesnt really know yet....sorry guys i just had to get this partner doesn't seem to give me the comfort i need ps im not seeing her anymore im going to my local hospital instead...

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2004


    Quote Originally Posted by tasha_84 View Post
    ps im not seeing her anymore im going to my local hospital instead...
    Wise move
    You're 32 weeks! That's just crazy talk. Sounds to me like she wants to give you a caesar whether you need it or not so RUN away
    Whether baby is breech or not engaged (I couldn't quite work out from your post) at 32 weeks it's position is still absolutely, totally irrelevant. It can and will move around alot for quite a few weeks yet.
    I think you've made the right decision, good for you.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    on the move.....


    I have moved doctors before because they didnt listen properly to me. I think you did the right thing.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Home of the Winery Walkabout!


    Honestly hun, she is only thinking about an easy way out of not being pulled out of bed at any time.
    I'm glad that you didn't let her run all over you, you have made the right decision in going elsewhere.

  5. #5
    mazzie Guest


    :O That's ridiculous!!
    A friend of mine was breach until 37 weeks, then her baby turned fine!!
    And I am almost 39 weeks now, bubs has only been in position since 36 weeks.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2007


    HA! Miss Mia stayed out of my pelvis until last minute. She was bobbing around too! Luckily my obstetrician was very careful when breaking my waters and ensured there was no cord prolapses.
    Mia finally put her head on my cervix during labour and I dilated in an instant. (It was my 3rd)

    You made the right choice changing drs. A lot can happen in 8 weeks!

  7. #7
    ~Belinda~ Guest


    You made the right decision! Some Ob's just want the easy way out!! You need to get yourself to a better Ob for sure, someone who will listen to your needs. My Ob is very understanding and he knows I prefer a vaginal birth. I am however open to a caesar if the baby is in danger in any way but we won't know that until the day!

    Good on you for making the right decision to change, I'm really proud of you!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    home sweet home.


    I had the same issue not with my Ob but with my m/w. She told me that I had a big baby and that I wouldn't be able to have a vaginal birth because the baby was too big to engage. She was so negative when what I needed was positivity and encouragement.

    Well bub did engage and I had a vaginal birth without pain medication so drats to her.

    Try to forget this Dr's uniformed opinion, I'm sure you and bub will do fantastically. I have my 6 week checkup tomorrow and I can't wait to rub it in to the m/w about how wrong she was (lol)

    Spring xx

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sydney's Norwest


    At 32 weeks I would not be stressing out too much. I too cannot work out whether you mean bub is breech or just not engaged. Either is prefectly normal at this stage in your pregnancy.

    My baby is still breech and while yes I am wanting her to turn I am trying not to worry too much about it. This is my 5th baby and I have lots of room in there.

    You have done the right thing in going elsewhere for your antenatal care. Surround yourself with positivity and you are well on your way.


  10. #10


    Thank you heaps for u comments everyone!!!they made me feel SOOOO much better..i think because i had a ceza with my first cause she was sitting up so high at 40 weeks(i wasnt seeing this dr then) so they decided that ceza was the safest option..but this time my dr sounds like she is just wanting to take the easy way i have an app on 13 nov with the hospital obstetrician..ill keep u updated...thanks again!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Hungry or upset tummy?
    By Ngala in forum Baby & Toddler General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
  2. making wipes
    By luey in forum Nappies and Toilet Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts