Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Cooker Chatter #15

I'm trying beef strog tonight but I'm not sure what rice to use since I've never eaten it before. I have basmati and jasmine, which would be better?

Debbie Lee Guest

Dach - I have pasta with beef strog. Yum! However, I reckon Basmati would be nicer if you're dead-set on rice

Awww Danni... the day will come when you'll be able to SC again. You'll need to so that you can get a heap of meals frozen for once bubba is here! I SO wish I'd had my SC when preggo with Gab. The frozen meals would have been perrrrfect!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Deb- Oh it turned out really yummy, couldn't really taste the spices in the end maybe should have added them when it was nearly done or added more than I did but it was sooooooooo yummy, Ben and Jonah gobbled it down too, we are having leftovers tonight.

Debbie Lee Guest

That's great, Bec. Always good when your experiments work out really well! It's great when the kids love it too!

Hi Cailin,
    quick q about your Beef Strog, when you add all the different ingredients, do you mix them all up afterwards, or do you leave them in their respective "layers"? Also do you dissolve your boullion cube in some water or not? *mouth watering in anticipation of making strog*
    Thanks

I don't think it really matters, and no the boullion cube goes straight in with everything else. If you really want to you can just melt it in the 1/4 cup water.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks Cailin Gunna start it when I get home a little later. Does it freeze well? Esp considering the sour cream has been added.

Umm I'm not sure I'd say so...

*hugs*
    Cailin

didn't think so.

Debbie Lee Guest

Kimi - I've frozen beef strog before. My DH, Neil, started training for a job and was living away from home for 12 weeks during the week. So I was SCing like mad to freeze meals for him. He had the strog a couple of times and he reckons it froze and re-heated fine (and that was with the sour cream already in it). If you're concerned, maybe you could take a portion out before you add the SC and freeze that (then just add the sour cream when you heat it back up again?).

Thanks *Deb*
    I didn't think it would be a problem, and I added the cream after it had cooled a bit, so that it didn't "cook" before freezing. Can't wait for dinner. DH also looking forward to it. Thanks for the help.

Debbie Lee Guest

No worries I probably asked the exact same question a few months ago, LOL.
    How did it turn out? Was it yummo?? Oh I LOVE strog! I am very tempted to try the Chicken Strog that Sarah posted but I love the beef one so much that I'm scared to change it, LOL.

OMG it was yummo! It made enough for 2 mights plus left overs for DH's lunch today. He loved it, and I must admit I will def make it again!
    I must look at the chicken strog as well, love chicken, and if there is some variation DH will enjoy it even more.

I'm glad it turned out

Chicken strog is the BEST! Definitely recommend it for sure!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Have you used your recipe and just sub'd beef for chicken? and used chicken stock as opposed to the beef?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We're having sausage casserole tonight

I haven't done it in the SC yet but I sure will. My fave chicken strog is actually a annette sym recipe.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec - mmmmm sausage casserole!! I'm wishing I'd bought the ingredients for that yesterday Ah well... next week.

I better make the most of my SC before m/s hits, hey Danni

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast