* 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1/2 cup milk
    * 1 1/2 cups blueberries
    * 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    * 2 tablespoons brown sugar
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 2 tablespoons butter, chilled

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
    2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
    3. Stir the flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over unbaked muffins.
    4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

---

These are sooo good, so light and flavorful. I usually add in a little lemon zest with the vanilla, and I make my streusel with oats, wheat germ, a little honey and drop it on. Maybe not the healthiest recipe ever, but its not awful either. DH loves them, calls them Happy Cakes. I'm having one for tea right now...

Yum so many great ideas!

I quite like cucumber slices (lebanese, unpeeled, sliced thickly), topped with flavoured tuna, or cottage cheese with sundried tomatoes, or similar. Healthy and refreshing.

I've also made vietnamese noodle rice paper rolls for a more substantial afternoon tea but these can be a bit messy to eat so provide plates or napkins.

Thanks guys.... that is great.... love yas!

Default Truffles

DH and I were doing the F&V shopping today and they had a sign saying they now have black truffles (not talking the choc kind here! ). I won't freak you out with the price but DH did mention that he would LOVE to try some and I'm thinking of getting a little to treat him. But I don't know how to cook it or what to do with it... I'm not willing to buy any until I have some sort of an idea!!!! Anyone know how to cook with them or what to do with them???

Are they the Australian ones? I remember seeing a story on his Australian guy whos growing really good truffles!

Cant help you out with any recipies, will ask DH, his cousin is a chef and I know he has cooked them before.

Ooooh - thanks Rayray!!! I think they were Russian? I think the sign said "Black Russian Truffles" but I'm not entirely sure... I'm still amazed that they had them!

Ellibam Guest

they are very very strong in flavour!
    they go nice in a basic olive oil pasta!
    they arew more exxxy then gold

smiles4u Guest

Wink

.... Ah, I'm lazy ... I buy those yummy pkt of 6 (or is that 8??) PINK LAMINGTONS from Safeway

Duck & Truffle risotto is delish

They sound great Elli and Cailin! Do you by any chance have a receipe I can use? At the price of those truffles I wouldn't want to muck it up! Haha

Yep I have a recipe, I'll post. Also if you get truffles make sure you get a truffle shaver or a mandolin to slice the truffles because they are quite potent and you don't want big chunks. You could finely chop it but I find the fine slivers are nicer. Truffles have the texture of a walnut but the flavour of nutty parmesan flavoured mushroom.

Thanks for that tip Cailin!!! I do have a mandolin in the cupboard! DH will love it!

Default Choc Muesli Bars

How's this for an easy recipe???? melt some chocolate, however much you want & then add in muesli until you think it's right LOL! I got it from another website & it said pretty much that. So I'll see how it turns out. The muesli I had was apricot & almond, so I can at least pretend they're healthy

Hmmmm.. that sounds really yummy... let us know how it turns out!!!

*bump*

Gotta do this one again this year

OMG!!!!!! You must have known I was writing my shopping list as we speak... groceries tonight and guess whats on the list now!!!

Chocolate chocolate chocolate

Geez I'm teaching my girl in there some bad habits aren't I, getting her addicted to chocolate (I say, as I shove the 10th sqaure of cadbury's turkish delight in my mouth...!!! No, I'm not joking either!).

Well she's kicking me, do you think that means don't eat more chocolate or don't stop eating more chocolate...?!?!?!?!

Yum!!! I'll be making this one!!

You are going to love it, it's sooooo yummy

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast