Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Biscuits, Slices and Brownies

Melinda Guest

i can't believe this......now I'm off to make a caramel slice this afternoon LOL!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

PMSL Mel... the dessert queen!!

I just had some jelly slice about an hour ago. It's yummmy but doesn't sit well in my tummy. Think it's just a preggo thing. Neil took a heap to work and will take more tomorrow no doubt!

Melinda Guest

Oh that's a pain that it didn't agree with you!

Can't wait for caramel slice - sooooo easy to make too! Condensed milk, butter, brown sugar, broken up biccie pieces and top with melted choc! Quick and easy as!

ok whats the actual recipe mel? I want quantities and directions! yummmo

kirsty Guest

Oh Mel that sounds divine ~ anything involving caramel & I'm sold!! I'm with Danni I want exact quantities & how to please!!

I need to leave here in an hour, so Im running out of time. I have just poured the jelly over my slice and I have placed it into the freezer. Is this ok?

Melinda Guest

I guess so Danni - will just make it set quicker? Although you don't want to freeze the whole slice of course LOL!

Will post the caramel slice separately.......

Melinda Guest

Default My caramel slice

Here it is!

1 packet Marie or Milk Arrowroot biccies (anything like that - e.g. Milk Coffee)
    1 tin condensed milk
    100g brown sugar
    50g butter
    1 bag of dark or milk choc melts

Gently heat the condensed milk, sugar and butter in a medium-sized saucepan - you must constantly stir it and ensure that you don't overheat it, or it will start to burn and get clumpy (although some clumpiness doesn't affect the flavour LOL - I'm guilty of frequently doing it and nobody knows ROFL).

Cook the mixture until it thickens and bubbles and has changed to a dark caramel colour (oooh the smell is divine, as is licking the bowl when you're done!).

Break up the biscuits into smallish pieces and add to your caramel and mix well. Pour into a lined brownie tin (it can get a bit sticky so I use non-stick baking paper) and spread it out (it will be lumpy!).

Melt your chocolate and pour over the caramel and put in the fridge. You'll need it in the fridge for a bit to allow the caramel to set as well as the chocolate, and then you can cut it into squares.

Easy peasy!

Oh wow - thats sounds delicious!!!

kirsty Guest

Oh Mel this sounds gorgeous!!

As a dedicated caramel lover I thank you (although my hips & thighs may not!!!)

Melinda Guest

ROFL!!! I have some in the fridge as we speak.

I must admit that I'm rather generous as far as the choc topping is concerned - today I used a 250g bag of milk choc bits and 250g of dark choc and melted them together so mine is currently in the fridge with 500g of chocolate on it (sometimes the combination of milk and dark is delisssssh).

I also quite often leave maybe 4 - 5 biccies out of the mix so that it's a bit more caramelly but I guess it depends on your taste and the consistency you prefer.....

kirsty Guest

I really think I should stop reading this one right now before I make an emergency dash to the supermarket!!

OMG this sounds soooo yummmmmy.

*note to self send Paul to shops tomorrow for stuff*

mmmmmmm Yummo I am going to make one of those to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Mel, you're soooo naughty. You keep posting irresistable recipes here. I'm so trying to be good, but I can hear the slice/fudge fairy calling me!

I finally made jelly slice today but I had a few problems
    1. We don't get yo yo biscuits here so I used Tock Tock biscuits - big mistake took ages to crush biscuits plus icing on top.
    2. THen when I had crushed the biscuits and mixed it with marg there wasn't enough to fill my slice tin so I had to use a cake tin!
    3. So i have a jelly cake not slice if you know what i mean? (must get technical and learn abbreviations!)
    4. I am waiting patiently for the jelly to set - it is taking so long.
    I'll let you know how jelly cake goes!

all the professional bakers are probably rolling their eyes at little old amateur me!

Oh no! Now I am going to have to work out how to make this too!
    I told my girls in baby buddies (Dec 2005) not to visit this thread as it is too delicious!

I agree with Rachel - Mel, you are far too naughty! Good thing I have no biscuits in at the moment so was just going to make your fudge instead today.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast