Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Biscuits, Slices and Brownies

kirsty Guest

Renee I'm sure it will turn out just fine.

Bummer about the tic toc biccies, you can always substitute good old Marie biscuits for the base if you can't find the yo-yo's (I have to admit I've never heard of yo-yo's before today & have always used Marie biccies for the base)

Ryn, I'm scared to buy biscuits cause I know I'll want to start making both the caramel and the jelly slice and my thighs need neither!

ok i ended up using arrowroot biccies which im pretty sure are the same as maries?

The whole 2 slices ended up costing me $2.70 what a bargain! I used a tupperware heart shaped silicone form, and the slice form and one recipe made both

By popping it into the freezer, it made the jelly set but all bumpy on top, still looked great and tasted divine at the bbq we went to last night!

So what a great, easy and CHEAP dessert! YAY

Debbie Lee Guest

I just used marie biscuits too. You could probably use arrowroot bickies aswell.... or any of the plainish biscuits.

ETA: PMSL...just got an email from Neil (he's at work). He says that the Jelly Slice just gets better every day! LOL He loves it. This from a guy that's not really into sweet things. I've told him he can have the rest because it makes me feel queasy. It's the longest a dessert has lasted in our house! hehehe
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; January 27th, 2007 at 08:30 AM.

Smile jelly slice

This sounds great but seriously I have never heard of it before. I am going to make this afternoon ...any tips ???

Debbie Lee Guest

Have fun!! LOL
    You'll love it

I shall find out soon as I am going to have my first piece after my shower and whilst Marnie is asleep!

Kirsty77 Guest

Oww man....now I'm going to have to make this......there goes the 3kg I just lost!LMAO

when it cools down a bit up here, i am going to try it... i have the ingrediants in the cupboard now, but it is way to hot to put the stove on... spose i could put the air con on though... mmm leis x

Oh yum, I'm another who really doesn't need this, since my ms wore off I've been making the most of having an appetite! But I think that as I'm going to the shops very soon, I might just have to get the ingredients! Thanks Melinda!

ETA Made it today, yummy! Will definitely do it again. Think I went a bit OTT with the choc topping though - if that's possible LOL!

Okay, where on earth do I get this famous fudge recipe? I have been looking back at old threads, but can't find it!

I really didn't need to find this section of BB! I already have enough recipe books, but it's somehow worse when you hear people describe how yummy all this food is! I want to make everything NOW!

Def. making Mel's caramel slice, and Emily's peanut butter cookies today! Oops!

I made these this arvo - with the choc bits! (and caster sugar, didn't even check what sort I should use, just assumed that would be it ). Very, very yummy. ate three in a row while they were still warm, definitely needed a big drink of water after that LOL!

My 12 year old nephew helped, thought they were so good and easy he'll be able to make them himself at home!

OMG these sound brilliant! I am off to make some right now!

Oh, how did i miss this thread...that will teach me not to let DH on the computer over the weekends....

I have every ingredient in my cupboard, except for the chocolate (well i did, but i just made DH choc chip muffins and choc chip cookies for his work lunches for the next few weeks, so i don't have enough left)...and BUMMER coz we only did the grocery shopping this arvo...

Oh well..maybe i can do my daily dose of walking, and instead of going to the paddock with the dog, we'll walk into town and get some choc...hehehe

I LOVE CARAMEL SLICE!!!!!!

Fraser Guest

oh man I am so making this tomorrow!

Hi Melinda,

Great recipe, I made it today, so easy. Just a question on the caramel and biscuit bit, after it sets in the fridge, should it be sticky and sort of stick to the paper, or have I not made it thick enough.

Also, how do you cut the slice without the chocolate breaking? (I did use a hot knife)

thanks

Mmmmmm i made the brownies and they are devine!!!! The only prob is that i can't stop eating them. OMG these recipes are gonna be the end of my size 8 days

Default Marbled Chocolate Cheescake Slice

This recipe is devine!!! Just had to share it

Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Slice

185g butter
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1cup castor sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup plain flour, sifted
    250g cream cheese
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/3 cup castor sugar, extra
    1 egg, extra

Grease lamington pan (or line with baking paper).
    Melt butter and cocoa, remove from heat, add sugar and whisk in eggs.
    Sift flour, beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
    Beat cheese, extra sugar and vanilla together, add extra egg. Beat until smooth.
    Pour over chocolate mixture, swirl through knife for marbled effect.
    Bake in 180 deg oven for about 35 mins.
    Turn oven off, open oven door, and allow to cool in pan. Slice when cold.
    * Note - if using fan-forced oven reduce temp slightly or slice will be too dry.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast