Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Biscuits, Slices and Brownies

Default Mars Bar Cheesecake

This is a recipe I use often from the Masterfoods Website!

Mars Bar Cheesecake Recipe

Recipe Ingredients
    Water 1/4 cup(s)
    Gelatine 3 tsp
    Cream Cheese 500gm softened
    Castor Sugar 1/2 cup(s)
    Mars Bar 3 chopped finely
    MASTERFOODS Vanillin Sugar 1 tbsp
    Chocolate Ripple Biscuits 250 gm
    Butter 125 gm melted
    Brown Sugar 1 tbsp
    Butter 20 gm extra
    Thickened Cream 300 ml
    Milk Chocolate 60 gm finely chopped

Recipe Directions:

1. Crush biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter and vanillin sugar process until just combined.
    2. Press mixture evenly over base and up 1/2 the side of spring form tin. Place on tray and refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
    3. Meanwhile combine brown sugar extra butter and 2 tablespoons cream in small saucepan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
    4. Make chocolate sauce, combine chocolate and another 2 tablespoons of the cream in another small saucepan, stir until chocolate melt.
    5. Sprinkle gelatine over the water in a heatproof jug, stand jug in a small saucepan of simmering water, stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool for several minutes.
    6. Beat cream cheese and castor sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir gelatine mixture into cream cheese mixture with sliced Mars Bars, fold in cream.
    7. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into crumb crust and drizzle the butterscotch and chocolate sauce over cream cheese mixture. Pull skewer backwards and forwards through mixture to create a rippled effect.
    8. Repeat with remaining cream cheese mixture and sauces. Cover cheesecake, refrigerate for several hours or overnight until set.
    9. Garnish with extra Mars Bars for effect.

kerry Guest

I will get my dad's recipie for you it is great... alternatively you could use my, I really can't be bothered to cook recipe that always works..AND.. everyone thinks you did it yourself.

One slab cake/sponge from the supermarket (about $3-4) an uniced madera bar works well.
    Some desicated coconut
    2.5 cup Hot water
    1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
    2/3 cup icing sugar

Mix chocolate coating, sift cocoa and icing sugar together, add hot water gradually, mixing to get a runny consistancy (may not need all the water).. the mix should be thin and really runny.
    Cut cake into desired size (can spread to thiner slices with jam).. if you freeze the cake its easier to cut... less crummy anyway.
    Dip cake into icing mix
    Toss in coconut, set on cake rack until ready.

Tips... those tupperware pick-a-dels (you know for beetroot/pickles etc) are great for dipping the cakes into the icing mix.

Fee Guest

Try this. It's sooooo yum! It's a bit like a brownie.

Mars Bar mud cake

Serves 16

400g butter, chopped
    400g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
    cup cocoa powder
    2 cups caster sugar
    6 eggs, lightly beaten
    1 cups self-raising flour
    2 x 60g Mars Bars, chilled, chopped
    double thick cream, to serve (option)

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease a 4cm-deep, 22.5cm x 28cm (base) slab pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at both long ends.

2. Combine butter and dark chocolate in a large, heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until almost melted. Add cocoa and whisk until smooth.

3. Add sugar and mix well. Add one third of the egg and stir to combine. Repeat with egg in 2 batches. Sift flour over chocolate mixture. Stir gently until just combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle Mars Bars over batter and press in slightly.

4. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre has moist crumbs clinging. Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares. Serve with cream.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wardygirl View Post
    There are a few recipes out but they are basically the same. I use this one.

Mars Bar Slice

Ingredients
    3 Mars Bars
    90g butter
    3 cups rice bubbles
    200g melted chocolate (cooking or normal eating chocolate)

Method
    Grease and line slice tin with baking paper
    Melt Mars Bars with butter and mix with rice bubbles.
    Pour mixture into tin.
    Melt chocolate and pour over slice.
    Let slice set in a cool place (or the fridge).
    Mmmm I made this exact recipe the other day. Very yum. I even used those Triple Choc (XXX) Mars Bars instead of the regular ones.

Thumbs up Squishy's Mars Bar Slice

I know there is already a slice thread... but I know this recipe will attract discussion so I thought it warranted its own thread

Squishy's Mars Bar Slice - Recipe by Amelita Wardell (recipe taken from the *squishyness blog*)

4 Mars Bars ( I like the king size because I am a chocoholic) sliced into pieces.
    1 Tin Condensed Milk
    1 Packet of Chocolate backed Scotch Fingers ( I use home brand, makes no difference)
    100 grams melted Butter
    300 grams melting Choc Buds ( dark for the adults)
    Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Crush biscuits and then add melted butter, press into a slice tin. Arrange Mars Bar pieces on top of biscuit base. Pour over evenly tin of condensed milk. Do not lick the lid OK. I know it is tempting but it is really dangerous for your tongue. Trust me, I know. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 Min's, until golden and bubbly. Allow to cool and refrigerate. Then melt the choc buds in the microwave on a medium setting ( 450 watts) Allow to sit until the chocolate sets. Then cut into pieces. I always cut of the edges off so that the slice pieces are even and pretty. Don't worry there is always someone around to take the edge bits of your hands. Refrigerate and eat at will. I have absolutely no idea how long it lasts in the fridge, as it disappears like magic. Enjoy. So Easy

That is Amelita's recipe verbatim... so these are her words not mine

Because I can't post pictures here I'll add that when you place the mars bar pieces (I bought 4 of the 80g double bars and chopped each bar into 4 pieces) make sure you place them insides facing up, so you can see the caramel etc. If only you could seeee the pictures. It comes out looking like a caramel slice but better! And IMO waaaaay easier!

Thank you Amelita *waves* for letting me share your fantastic recipe with the BB girls I'm sure they will all be eternally grateful, even though their hips may abuse us

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cool Easter Egg Caramel Slice

Who says it has to be Easter to enjoy Easter Eggs???
    Zander & I made this caramel slice today from the Super Food Ideas magazine yesterday. He did very well unwrapping the eggs, he only ate two!

Easter Egg Caramel Slice
    (makes 15 pieces)

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
    1/3 cup caster sugar
    80gm butter, chopped
    1 egg yolk
    500gm mini solid Easter Eggs
    1 cup shredded coconut
    395gm tin sweetened condensed milk

Method:
    Preheat oven to 180deg.
    Grease a slab pan & line th base & sides with baking paper allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
    Combine flour sugar & butter in food processor until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
    Add egg yolk & 2 table spoons cold water. Process until mixture almost comes together.
    Using clean hands press mixture into the base of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
    Unwrap Easter eggs & place over the base to cover.
    Sprinkle with coconut, then drizzle with condensed milk.
    Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the edges are golden & the centre is firm.
    Allow slice to cool completely in the pan, cut into pieces.

I made slight modifcations based on what I had here yesterday - we used dessicated coconut & white sugar, I also used extra eggs & condensed milk as my pan too big.

Also it suggests trying different types of eggs - next time we might do violet crumble ones *drool* Aaron has to work over Easter weekend so I'm going to send some off with him!

Default No Bake Malteser Slice

OMG... is all I can say. It tastes like milo!!!!!!

Ok here's the recipe

100g butter

200g milk chocolate

3 tablesp golden syrup

225g finely crushed scotch finger biscuits

225g maltesers

Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup together. I did this in the microwave but the first time I used dove chocolate and it separated (dove always does that) the next time I used melting chocolate and it worked fine, but with this recipe it might be safer to do it over a double boiler... the original recipe calls for maltesers to be whole but I prefer them broken up so I put them in a big zip lock bag and banged them with my rolling pin Not to pulverise them but to break them up (and I'm glad I did). Mix the maltesers and biscuit crumbs together, then mix in the melted mixture. Press into a greased and lined slice tin or container and refrigerate. For extra points drizzle white chocolate over the top just before cutting

YUM YUM YUM! And think of the different chocolate bar combinations... crunchie, peppermint crisp...mmmm

*hugs*
    Cailin

Here it is:

Malteser biscuits
    Makes 55

Ingredients

250g butter, softened
    1/3 cup white sugar
    1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    1/2 cup condensed milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    165g packet Maltesers, roughly chopped
    2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
    1/2 cup plain flour, sifted

Method

Preheat oven to 180C. Line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
    Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale. Add condensed milk and vanilla and beat for a further 1 minute.
    Add Maltesers and flours. Stir with a large metal spoon until well-combined. Roll mixture into small walnut-sized balls. Place onto
    prepared baking trays, allowing room for biscuits to spread.
    Gently press biscuits with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake, 2 trays at a time, for 12 to 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through. Stand
    for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
    Notes & tips
    Variation: Replace Maltesers with chocolate-
    coated honeycomb, such as Violet Crumble
    squares, roughly chopped.
    Hint: Store your biscuits in an airtight container
    lined with foil and they will last for up to five
    days.

Source
    Super Food Ideas - July 2003 , Page 19
    They are good let me tell you

*hugs*
    Cailin

A fav of ours which is simple and yummy is from the Mrs Fields Cookie Cookbook. You could substitue milk/dark/white choc chips...

Mrs Fields Blue Ribbon Choc Chip Cookies

Ingredients

2 Cups plain flour
    tsp baking powder
    tsp salt
    1 Cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
    Cup white sugar
    1 Cup salted butter softened
    2 large eggs
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    2 Cups chocolate chips

Method

Preheat oven to 300 Degrees Fahrenheit or 150 degrees Celcius
    In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well with wire whisk and set aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugars at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scaping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix at medium speed until just blended. Do not overmix.

Add the flour mix and the chocolate chips, and blend at low speed until just mixed. Do not overmix.

Drop rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie tray, covered with greaseproof paper.

Bake for approx 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Transfer cookies immediately to a wire cake rack.

Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
    1 cup rolled oats
    3/4 cup desiccated coconut
    1 cup plain flour
    3/4 cup sugar
    125g (4oz) butter
    3 tablespoons golden syrup
    3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    2 tablespoon water

Preheat oven to 150C (300F/slow)

Mix oats, flour, sugar and coconut together.
    Melt syrup and butter together.
    Mix soda with boiling water and add to melted butter and syrup. Allow to foam.
    Add to dry ingredients.
    Place 1 tablespoonfuls of mixture on greased tray (allow room for spreading).
    Bake for 20 minutes.
    Loosen while warm, cool on trays.
    (makes about 35)

The differance between chewy and crunchy biscuits is a couple of minutes in the oven so if you want chewy take them out bang on 20 minutes or even a couple of minutes before 20 minutes.
    It's one of those things where once you know your oven and the recipie you can judge it yourself IYKWIM.
    As far as I remember these ones always turned out chewy.

I haven't made these since primary school (the recipie is from my early 80's recipie book that my school did for fundraising) but I might make them tomorrow because they are delish.

I made this one today for a tupperware party. Just about everyone raved about it and asked for the recipe. Thanks for posting it Cailin!!!
    After i had drizzled it with melted white chocolate, i sprinkled some more crushed maltesers on top. very yummy indeed!!

OMG - if that doesn't bring on pg cravings I dunno what does! LOL

I made this and it was sooooooooooo yummy. I will be making it again

WOOOHOO glad its a great success! Don't forget to try other variations like an after dinner mint slice using peppermint crisp or honeycomb using crunchie etc.

*hugs*
    Cailin

I finally made this to take to Mum's on Mother's Day. My Oh My!!!

It was good!!!!

Talking chocolate balls

just looking for the above recipe i have all the ingrediants just dont know the quantities!!!

anybody help???

is that the Yum Yum balls, with condensed milk, crushed biscuits, and rolled in coconut?

yep!! but i got too excited to wait and just guessed, which must have been right cos they worked!!!!!! yummmmooooo

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast