Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Loss or Miscarriage ~ June 08 #3

Jen - you're doing well to not test, hehe. I have my fingers crossed so tight for you!

AFM - well AF is doing her usual trick. Ever since we started TTC again, she starts with a little bit of spotting, then a day of pink CM and no cramping..and just takes forever to come..so I'm left thinking it could just be breakthrough bleeding, or it could be AF, and feeling generally confused. I have basically no cramps, and light bleeding with small clots. AF used to be so reliable, a 28 day cycle, but the last few months it's been so...stupid! 26 days, 25 days! A 25 day cycle just doesn't sound right to me!

I've heard a few ladies talking about using B6 to lengthen their luteal phase..and I think I'm going to have to do something. I know I O'd on the 13th, and AF began with spotting on the 24th..and an 11 day LP is just no good. Anyone here used B6 for this, or any other conception tips. Oh no..I really am going mad I've been taking the Blackmores (the pg ones, not the conception ones...think I should swap?), cut out most caffiene..though I've been feeling down lately so started drinking regular tea again instead of decaf. Decaf just doesn't have any taste. I cut out my St John's Wort so my moods have been more extreme.

I think I'll just settle back with my baked beans and cup of tea..

Lisa xx

hi acria

i know everyone is different, but i found vitamin b6 messed my cycle up even more. I went from 31 day cycle with 10-11 day lp to a massive 38 day cycle with 16 day lp

i am now seeing my chinese herbalist who ordered me off it, she is aiming to get my cycle to a normal 28 days- we'll see how it goes.

hi to everyone else, hope all is well, congrats to WTH and Betty on the BFP's- am so happy for you both

jen- i am for you, good luck

You know you're addicted to BB when:

1. You sign a 2-year contract and pay $60 more per month just to have wireless internet service for a 5 day camping trip!

2. Your significant other walks in on you checking the position of your cervix, and actually gets turned on from it!

3. You resort to becoming an adult film industry advocate in order to keep things alive during those fertile times!

4. You read, post, and then refresh to read again in case you missed a post while posting!

5. You dream of being the first to post in the new thread!

6. You feel like you are wasting urine when you don't pee on a stick!

7. You see abbreviations in everyday life and try to work out what they mean in the TTC world (eg. DVD must stand for something like "Doing the vjay vjay dance"...)

8. When you get excited about choosing a new ticker....oh the choices!!!!!

9. You actually think in emoticons and abbreviations...and occasionally call your husband DH....and he says, "what the hell did you call me????".

10. And the biggest one of all....DH actually asks if it was a light or dark "BFP" (not positive test) and whether or not you used "FMU" to test!!!! (all in abbreviations...)

11. When getting a coverline makes you so happy, you feel as though you won the lottery!

12. When you look forward to going to bed just so you can wake up in the morning and add a new temp!

13. You say you are taking a break from bb and then spend 24 hours trying to do anything but log on, including cleaning, washing, ironing, shopping, all the while saying to yourself don't do it don't do it don't do it before finally breaking down and getting your bb fix...

14. You drag yourself out of bed at 6 am every morning even though you're still tired, just to have "quiet alone time" on BB while the kids are still sleeping!

15. You get the butterflies while logging on to read posts!

16. You keep your computer on all day long so you know as soon as someone has made a post!

17. You know you are addicted to BB when you go to put the date on something and you end up writing 9 DPO!

18. You're whole day is ruined just because you can't log onto BB, and you feel like you're going to go insane without it!

19. You climb a slide and drive up the tallest hills at your camp spot trying to find a signal so your laptop will work!

20. You bring your laptop to the drive-in with you so you can check on posts in between shows!

21. You check your chart at least every half hour, because what if somehow it changed?

22. You wake up at 2:30 in the morning to use the toilet, and contemplate logging on to see if there's any good news that can't wait until morning!

23. You wake up at 3 a.m. and have to pee so bad, but you know you'll wake up at 6, so you hold it for three more hours so that you don't ruin your temp!

24. You toss and turn every morning waiting for it to be time to take your temp!

hello ladies... im on cd2 today, wishing af would hurry up & leave already! im sort of 'pushing' down there to empty my uterus quicker! i think its working as it looks like it'll be a day or 2 before she leaves!

oh i must say a big CONGRATS to our ladies who've achieved BFPs this week - Bettyboop, WTH - i think thats all?

i missed out a lot in just a few days! better stay on from now on! hope there'll be a chain of BFPs happening throughout the coming month!

jen: im praying its a bfp for you! your chart looks very promising! please test quickly with a good hpt! oh yeah so how does your poop smell at the moment? sort of pungent & sweet? hope so!

acria: sorry about af too im on blackmores conceive well atm, not sure if it helps though, but i was taking elevit before it & i think that elevit didnt have enough vitamins for conception... maybe you should switch too? it wouldnt hurt to try it hey! it has b6 in it too, but not too much i dont think that might stuff up your cycle... after mc your cycle does go funny... my af's got a funny lighter colour to it, it used to be very red, now it's sort of funny.. cant explain it.. how many cycles are you since mc? hope you feel better soon...

pbstar: my cycles now stuffed up cos of the mc d&c - did you have natural mc or d&c & was you cycle always 31 days before? mine was 28 days due to being on the pill, now my first cycle is 35 days! i shudder to think how long this cycle will be... im going to a chinese herbalist tonight to get me checked out & some chinese herbs for me to cook & drink - im hoping to ask him to make my cycle this time shorter & get me preggers sooner! i hope it will work. have you tried chinese herbs before & how are you finding it??

toccara: im trying to be like you and see af as a good thing! im over it now, was pretty down few days ago.. but im trying to make a april baby - hopefully as a birthday present, seeing as how i lost my angel a few days after my bday this year... im hoping you caught the egg!

nickster: thanks for coming back to give us hope! sticky vibes sticky vibes...

pbstar - thanks for telling me about your experience it helps to hear the most information possible Let me know how it goes with getting to a 28 day cycle, I'd love one! A woman I know who is a midwife recommended a naturopath in town..maybe I should make an appointment. Has anyone seen a naturopath? What do they do and what sort of costs can I expect?

Vanaithi - Well I talked to DH about it, and he's as desperate for a baby as I am, so doesn't mind the cost of swapping supplements, so it looks like I'll be changing over to Blackmores Concieve Well also! My m/c was last June, and I didn't keep track of my cycles for a while afterwards, but since I've been taking notice, they've been shortish with a strange AF.

Looks like AF is feeling like being here more. I'm having some cramps and a slightly heavier flow. I just love my cups of tea, but I'm so worried about the caffiene content. Oh dear.

Lisa xx

acria: i spoke to a lady who went to a healer (?) naturopath (?) and apparently crystals - rose quartz kept close to your body at all times, smokey quartz next to the bed during bding, & eating a carrot & a banana a day will get you pg! im thinking of trying this as well, once i figure out where i can get crystals. wouldnt hurt - need all the help you can get hey! also i heard accupunture can help too. which i am might try as a last resort. if you do decide to go to a naturopath, please let me know how that goes!

I'm willing to try anything! I have some crystals my grandfather gave me, so I'll grab the rose one and keep it in my pocket or something, and place the smokey one on the bedside table. Bananas and carrots, here I come! I've heard acupuncture is good as well. I think we'll try one more cycle 'on our own', and then see this naturopath. I'll use this month, 25 days, however long this next cycle decides to be, to drop some weight as well, as I'm sure being 40kg overweight is certainly not helping!

Lisa xx

went and got BT done today and i will get results friday morning.

Jen - hun - i have everything crossed for you. I truly hope it is the cycle for you I'm sorry that I don't have mollycat's dedication to you - the hours that I get to sleep without being woken up by DS are golden!!!!! GL sweet!!

mollycat - u mustn't know yourself with all ur new renos!!! look after urself too!!

nickster - so great to hear from you!! glad ur doing so well.

betty - GL with bts!

acria - can't recommend acupuncture highly enough!! GL this cycle sweet!

Big hugs to everyone else - I know what you've been up to as I have been LUUURKING!!! big sister is watching you all - but maybe not at 2.30am in the morning (hahaha)!!

AFM - 5 sleeps to go!! bring it on!!

Hi All,

Just touching base.

Jen- you made me laugh being up so early in the morning, now that's true dedication to BB.

Acria - I have also had weird cycles since I came off the pill. Only last month AF was on again, off again - very bizarre, unfortunately a BFN in the end.

Since I have been testing for Ov I have found I Ov on day 17 ! and therefore the LP is only 11 days long. As for the B6 - how much are people taking?? I have an awesome multivitamin which actually has quite high levels so dont want to take too much of one thing (50mg a day). I must have a look on the net.

AFM - I am away until Sunday (although i will have a peek tomorrow at work) at a conference so hope to see more BFP when I come back Sunday night. Must remember to pack my thermometer.

Sending to you all

Jen - Come onnnnnn! It's got to be thursday for you by now. You've got to update your chart! I'm praying to every conception god that exists for your temp to have stayed up today! My temp just all over the place during the day. It was actually quite low when I first went to bed last night, but I guess it's effected by the temperature of the house and what I'm wearing during the evening. And 0.04 degrees is hardly anything. It's rpetty hard to get the thermometer to read exactly the same from one minute to the next...
    Oh, and don't worry, I'm all good. I was just tired after work yesterday. I got my talkativeness (is that a word?!) back today
    And I looooove the pink dust!!!

Smilanatu
    - RARARARARARARAR!!! Just getting loud again for you! Is it BD'ing time for you yet? You must be getting close to ovulation yeah?

Toccara
    - I hope that you get a little BFP surprise even though your worried about not bd'ing right on time. Sometimes little miracles can happen!

Mollycat
    - It must be almost ovulation time for you too missy! Hope your getting in lots of bd'ing!

Tina
    - Is that a major pre-ovulation temp dip you are having?! Good luck entering the tww!

Acria
    - You cycles sound really frustrating! So far my LP has been pretty stable so I can't really help you with questions about lengthening it, but I really hope you find a good solution soon.
    Have you found a decaf tea?! I've been looking for one for ages and can't find one. Do you know what it's called? I'm sure it can't be as good as normal tea, but I'm willing to give it a go!

pbstar - Hi missy!!

Vanaithi
    - Good luck with "pushing" AF out of your uterus!! Hopefully O is not too far on the horizon for you and you can start making your little bundle!
    And good luck with the chinese herbs too. Like I've said before, keep a teaspoon of honey on standby because those herbs are disgusting, lol!! Plus, honey is yummy and it's a good excuse to suck on a spoon of honey

Bettyboop
    - Good luck with you BT results! I can't wait to hear what the numbers are

plc - 2 days until your bubs is in a whole new trimester!!!

Easha
    - I hope you conference is the fun kind, and not the boring "I-want-to-stab-myself-in-the-head" kind hehe.

Sooooo, I helped remove a stocking from the stomach and intestines of a dalmation today. The dog had been vomitting since sunday so we had to open her up and do an exploratory on her. The stocking was all gross and had bone and hair and crud stuck in it (soooooo tmi!!). Such a bad bad smell too. What a glamorous job I have!!!

Tomorrow is MY tell-tale temp day too! It should jump up tomorrow and show that I definitely ovulated on mon. So far the temps are pretty similar to what I have gotten in other cycles, so not too worried that it hasn't jumped up yet.

I keep telling DH that this is "the" cycle. Bring on a March baby!! If I am pregnant from this cycle the baby will be due on our 1st wedding anniversary

Almost forgot to write a note to allo the other "Grannies" in here! Guess what? I'm going out tomorrow night! Oops, maybe I should have told you all to sit down first... I know it's a bit of a shock

DH is doing a special "guest appearance" and DJ'ing at a club in Berwick. He thinks I'm silly because I get so proud of him... but I posted a pic in my gallery because they call him the "Godfather of Funk" on their promo pass/poster. He tries to be modest, but well, everybody just loves him hehehe.

So anyway, moral of the story is that I am actually going to go out with him this time! It's my mum's bday tomorrow and my family lives on that side of the city, so we're taking mum out for dinner in Berwick and DH has asked to do an early set at the club (10-11) so we can go straight after dinner.

Anyone else on that side of town want to party it up with us? Lol!!!

Quick reply for jen...

I can't remember how I got to the pic place (last time) to save my life seems like it was very easy and i have been trying and trying find it no avail...so here's the link http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/gallery/

Click where it says upload photos and whoop there it is...

If anyone knows the "quick" way to look at a members pics please refresh my memory! Seems like I clicked on a name and went to the photos from there *I dunno*

Krystie...you are beautiful!!! I love your husbands complextion! Yes ma'am officially started the DVD fest yesterday! Lee was late for work this morn and had the audacity to blame me for making him too weak to wake up...WOW..."O" should officially take place tomorrow but I am DVDing through the weekend...I don't want to miss the eggie!

Well girls, no big temp jump for me today--temp stayed about the same as yesterday! I have a feeling this means AF will be pounding her way through my door by the end of the weekend! I'm ok with it, though, it's just not my time yet. So looks like I'll be getting to use up that Preseed and get a little more practice taking temps... Wish I could just invite AF to join me earlier so I can get this show back on the road!

Acria--Good luck with the crystals, carrots and bananas! Hope AF takes it easy on you!

pbstar--Good luck with the Chinese herbalist, it helps make your cycles a little more normal!

Van--Oh, good, I knew you'd be back! Just couldn't stay away from us, huh? Praying AF packs her back quick--keep up with that pushing, and let me know if it actually helps! Definitely smelling something pungent from the bathroom, but there's nothing sweet about it!

betty--Good luck with the BT results! for some nice, high numbers for you!

plc--Aww, honey, you need all the sleep you can get while you can get it! Only 4 sleeps to go!! Bring on the second trimester!!

Easha--I've been taking 2 Vit. B6/day, so 100 mcg. Although I started a new prenatal vitamin last week that has B6 in it (my old ones didn't have any), so now I may be taking too much! Maybe I'll cut it back to just 1/day now. Hope you enjoy your conference, and don't forget to pack that thermometer, missy! Will look forward to catching up with you on Sunday!

Krystie--Ooh, you are beautiful! It's funny, you look almost exactly like you type (does that make sense?)--I just mean that you look almost exactly the way I pictured you would look! I took a pic of myself yesterday, going to try to figure out how to upload it today--would also like to try to add pics of the family, so wish me luck! Your DSS's are cute--they look a lot like their dad! I'm so glad you've got your talkativeness back! (it's a word in my vocab, so no worries, you're good!) Hope you enjoy your night out tonight, sounds like a lot of fun! I want to party with you! Tell mom I said Happy Birthday!

Thanks smilanatu! I'm going to work on that as soon as I'm done posting! It seems like I remember there used to be a link on the right side that you could just click on if a person had pics in their gallery--but I can't find that link or your pics anywhere! I'll see what I can figure out... thanks for the link!

Ok, I figured out how to add my pics--there's 2 of me in the gallery, and 1 of my DS Noah! (couldn't figure out how to rotate the pic, though, so it's sideways) The pic of Noah is actually from last year when he graduated from kindergarten. Will try to add a few more showing the rest of the family. So do I look anything like anyone thought--they're not the greatest of pics, but it's me! Added one more of me with the kids, tho it may be a little too far away to get a good look. I'm the second one on the left--it's kinda hard to tell because my oldest DSD is taller than me, so she looks like the parent instead of me! Thanks again for your help smilanatu!!!

Uh oh, just went to the bathroom and noticed some pink when I wiped. Looks like AF heard me asking her to come early... damn it! I guess you should be careful what you ask for!
    Last edited by jen805; June 27th, 2008 at 01:47 AM. Reason: add on

jen! Glad you finally got some pics posted! You look a lot like my friend Gina...she is a hoot and I bet you are too

I'm completely hopeless! I'm still comparing charts in the chart gallery, but now I'm looking for >15DPO with spotting before +HPT! There's actually quite a few that had spotting on 15DPO, yet still ended up with a BFP on 16/17DPO. So far no more spotting, believe me I keep checking every 5 minutes! I'm really not holding out too much hope, though, just trying to pass some time and keep my mind occupied.

Hi there everyone,

A big congrats to those with BFPs

AFM, AF arrived yesterday at 13 DPO and the day before I was due for my preg BT (part of the IUI cycle). At least on the bright side, we have finally lengthened my LP from 9 days up to 12 days.

So we'll be moving on to our second IUI cycle now, here's hoping for some luck this time around. Sorry for the short post, but I'm really just feeling a bit annoyed and over it all really!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast