Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss April 2007

Hi girls,

Sharon - congrats!!! That is great news!!

Janeo - sounding good!! When are you going to test again? Good luck with choosing your engagement ring - that is so exciting.

Bekz - it is only natural to feel nervous at this stage, but try not to - all will be ok this time around, I just know it! Your symptoms all sound v promising too.

las - how frustrating, not knowing what is going on. At least the FS appointment is coming up for you. How great is it that the last clomid cycle you squeezed in resulted in your DS!!

SP - I'm not sure what that is, but at least you have your OB appointment coming up so can discuss it then. I'm sure it's nothing too serious, but that is frustrating when you just want to TTC again, without any hassles.

missbelinda - good luck with the last try on clomid! You never know, that could be the lucky one! You do often hear stories of people giving something one last shot before moving onto other treatment, and that turns out to be the one! I hope you will be another one of those stories. Good luck!!

Hi to everyone else.

I had my next tracking BT this morning, even though I am sure O is still at least a week away. The bloody nurses there just want me to get BTs done when THEY think O will happen, ie - CD14, but that never happens for me!! So annoying, because it just means I will have to have more done over the next week at least until O does actually happen. Only 9 days til my FS appointment, not that he ever DOES ANYTHING anyway. Sorry, I am feeling a bit down again today. So many BFPs, and although I am happy for everyone, I hate the fact that a BFP will never be an exciting thing for me. For me it means nothing, other than fear and the wait for it to end. It is just so easy for most people and they will never know this kind of pain and depression. I just want this to be over, I am sick of being strong and just trying again, I want it to work! Sorry guys, vent over...

saltprincess thanks hun, as for will I be able to wait till Friday before testing again "heck no!" I have enough tests to test everyday up till and including Saturday as for your bleeding, I am sure it is all OK, if it gets worse then maybe go to your gp, otherwise try not to worry about it and just continue with your BD until you O.
    *las* some women get an increase in CM when they are pregnant because of the increase in progesterone (I think that's the hormone) so you never love.
    BekZ I know it would be so cool, would love everyone on here to join us. When is your due date?
    *Shan* thanks, I literally have "everything" crossed that it is a sticky too.
    janeo thanks, you weren't supposed to test till Friday (am I right) where you? your symptoms are sounding promising, do you think you will last not testing?
    Bun that is just totally sucky that the nurses won't listen to you especially when you probably do know your body better than most people, :hugs: and you don't have to apologise for venting that is after all what this place is for MWAH.

I went to a friends place today and got a second opinion on "the line" and she said that there was definitely 2 lines so I am really excited, and will be testing again tomorrow, Thurs, Fri & Sat LOL (there is NO WAY I could've held off testing again till Friday)

Sharon - that's fantastic news! Fingers crossed for you!

Bun - so sorry about those nurses, that's so bad that they won't listen to you.

BekZ - I know how you feel, I was nervous the last time too and it had a bad outcome But stay positive and everything will be fine. Fingers crossed for you!

las - last month when I miscarried, I got no positives on my OPKs at all. I know I O'ed because my temp rose though. I don't know what happened, maybe I just missed it?

janeo - have fun picking your engagement ring - glad your DF is going with you. My DH went any played golf while I went shopping for mine!

Well we had a nice Easter, although it rained most of it. Still got a bit of gardening done yesterday though - it was nice to get out there because I don't do much now with an almost 3 year old. The most exciting thing that happened for us though is that DD has finally decided to use the toilet! YAY!! I'm so excited LOL Maybe I should get a life! Hopefully no more nappies for us in the not too distant future.

Hi to everyone I've missed, hope you had a nice weekend. And I hope I've done this posting business here right - I've got no idea, this is all a bit new too me! Sorry if I've said or done the wrong thing at all.
    Last edited by nicjay; April 10th, 2007 at 06:25 PM.

Lalla Guest

Red face Am I in the right spot???

Hi.... Again. Still very new and trying to get the hang of finding my way around this site!!! Thanks to Sharon and Saltprincess for pointing me in the right direction x

So, um, I don't know whether to dive right in with my barrage of questions or write a bit more about myself (just in case anyone is interested??).

Maybe I'll do a little of both....

About me: I'm 26, Married on Jan 27 2007 (still love talking about this topic!!), DH is 31 and we are both full time shift workers, DH's daughter (from a previous marraige) is 4.5 and gorgeous and we have her as often as possible, 4 weeks ago we had a MC at 8 weeks and we were a little bit devistated.

Questions: Should you fall back into a normal cycle after an early MC?? If I'm all bloated and crampy but no AF (is that the right abbreviation??) shoudl I ask for a D&C??

Ok, hope I haven't dribbled on too much. Thanks for listening anyway x

Sharon!!! That is wonderful news! Sending you loads of sticky vibes and hoping for the best for you! Yay!!!

Lisa - I get the same problem with OPK's. I think the only thing you can to is just keep BDing and hope for the best.

Belinda - Good luck with this cycle. I hope that the clomid works for you!

Janeo - hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Herbie, Las, Salt, Bun and everyone I missed, hope you had a relaxing easter.

Not much happening with me. Just waiting and scheming new things to try to get pregnant! I know that someone here explained about Vitex, but if someone could direct me to that thread I would be very grateful!

love

SP I am so sorry that the clot is still there, and I will be praying that when you get your next AF it will come away then, huge :hugs: to you

OK I decided to set up a babies online site and put a pic of my "very faint" bfp on there so for anyone who is interested, have a look and let me know what you think. The link and the password are located in my sig.

Sharon - Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! I'm so glad you tested again so quickly and put us out of our misery hehe. Don't worry about keeping your old BFP HPT's - I still have the dozen that I did last September - so we must be normal haha

SP - You be selfish all you want, we all take our turns at it - and we are here to listen and support each other *hugs*. The whole waiting game, and not getting the "right" answers is so frustrating. I also sometimes spot after BD but I've never really had it looked into - I figured that we were maybe a bit energetic (sorry if that is TMI). I'd hate to hear what excuse my FS would give me for spotting, he'd probably make me wait another 12mths before I'm allowed to BD again, or something equally as stupid!

Leyla - I don't know much about vitex either, sorry. If you try it, you'll have to let us know how you go

Lalla - Hi there! Sorry that you have had to join us. Feel free to share or ask any questions. From what I have read on here, our bodies all react different after having a m/c, so I can't exactly say what is normal. I can only share my experience - and I did have a D&C but still had a lot of clots/bleeding and discomfort for days after. I guess it's also a personal decision as to whether or not you ask for a D&C. I wasn't given a choice, I was told it was needed otherwise infection could set in and so I didn't really question it. You might have to get in contact with your Dr and discuss your options?

Megsmum - Sounds like you had a busy weekend with the toilet training business!

Bun - *hugs* hope you are having a better day. I sometimes think along the same lines as you.... if I get another BFP - will there be any joy in it? Then I get sad thinking about the answer, and just prefer not to think about it, and just experience it when it happens. This whole m/c business is just completely unfair, but surely there is happiness on the way for all of us?

Jane - Good luck with planning your perfect engagement ring on Friday. Are you planning to test before then or wait? What day is your 15DPO? I remember the day we went shopping for my engagement ring. We got engaged on holidays in NZ, and when we called my mother, she said to my DH that he was not allowed to come home without a proper engagement ring on my finger, so we went shopping the next morning before our flight home

Bekz - I have everything crossed for you, and I'm sure your BT will come back just as positive as your HPT. Congratulations again! I'm sure the nervousness is normal

las - I always have varied responses with OPK's, and only once ever got a really strong line, and I've been using them for 3yrs. I figure if there is anything at all, no matter how feint, then that is good enough for me, and some cycles I can use them every day and get nothing, and yet get a BT back saying that I did O - so it is possible to miss that surge. Why isn't this TTC business an exact science? It would make our lives a little bit easier if our bodies had a way of setting off an alarm clock in our head letting us know when we have O'd and when we conceive, so we don't have to suffer in the TWW

Hello to everyone else, I should probably stop now, as I am saying too much as per usual!

Cheers
    Belinda

ETA: Sharon - I can't believe your expected due date!!!

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone had a great easter. Gee, us girls can chat... I have been reading over easter but I have fallen behind with replying so I am sorry for no personals right now.

According to FF I am now 4 DPO..... My temps have risen so hopefully I wont have that huge variation I have been experiencing. Hopefully we timed our BDing right as well. Into TWW!

A huge congratulations to the girls who have had BFP. You can just see your faint line Sharon. Hope it gets darker. I hope everyone can leave this thread very soon.

Have a great day girls.

Jen

missbelinda77 I am so glad that other people can see the line otherwise I would have driven myself mad. My due date is quite funny really, I always said I didn't want another baby due around xmas (both my boys are in mid - late November) and what happens, I end up being due on xmas day, although if I go by my O date then I am due on the 23rd which is my brothers birthday and we don't always get along so I decided to go with the 25th
    jenjams good luck in your TWW

Heybacko Guest

Hi Everyone

Back from the Easter break and REALLY struggling to get up to date!!

Sharon- have visited your BOB, absolutely def. a line there! Way to go girl!! (PS your goodbye ceremony was beautiful (made me cry), I'm so glad it helped, wish I had thought of something so very personal xx)

Jenjams - everything crossed for you (apart from when bd of course!!)

Jane- hope you are keeping off the wedding mags, they start to look the same after a while and cost SO much (this is, of course, code for the fact that I bought loads myself!!) - any update on the ring??

Bun - hope your spirits are up today, I could identify with so much you said xx

Salt - same hugs go out to you, I passed a clot (about strawberry sized) 3 days after my D&C and it scared the life out of me, particularly as the bleeding had pretty much stooped until then. My GP reckons my next AF will expel any others if needs be - does the silly man not know AF is not welcome in our house!

BekZ - sounding REALLY good for you, keep positive xx

Megsmum - hope you are doing okay, and you too Lalla

Sorry if I have missed anyone, not intentional, just been away too long

Can't really focus on much other than Sharon's brill news!!

Love to all
    Alex xxx

got up this morning an POAS and now I am not feeling very confident about yesterdays bfp the one this morning got a faint second line that came up pretty much straight away but then it disappeard, don't know what to think or feel atm. The +ve from yesterday was a pregnosis test and got a -ve on the LC test but this morning the Pregnosis one is -ve but I can see a very faint line on the LC. This is doing my head, why the F*** did I have to test early, coz now I feel stupid!

Heybacko Guest

Hi Sharon, don't panic yourself yet xx

Remember all different makes of OPK test at a different level of HCG, and you can always get a false +ve but I don't think there is such a thing as a false -ve (I am sure I have been told that!!)

Also, remember that if your urine is quite diluted when you test it may not show up this time (didya wee in the night/early morning??) , also I would think a faint second line immediately is a good sign even if it did vanish afterwards.

If it helps (I know it doesn't!!), there are shed loads of us that would have (and do) test as early as you did, I know I would have done (ask my DH, we had several tubes of 50 LH & OPKs sat around at any one time )

I once tested 5 times a day for a whole week when we were camping in France because I was paranoid only me could see the very faint line (and yes, I was pregnant!!) - I have also used my OPK sticks at the 'wrong' times because I have convinced myself I am Oing!!! I am expensive when TTC!!

Sending you , remember others have said they saw the line too!!!

Keep us posted, crossing everything for you
    Love Alex xxxxx

Morning Everyone,

Lalla - Congrates on your wedding and sorry for your recent loss. Did you have an ultra sound? If so was there anything in your uterus? My first m/c at 6wks showed that it had dislodged from the uterus and was waiting to be expelled and therefore I did not need a D and C, my 2nd m/c was still intact and I needed a D and C. Everyone is different with recovery as well. It took 2wks post m/c and D and C for AF to come. Some people it can take a lot longer. If you are concerned go back to your doctor.

Bun - I hate it when docs/nruses try and tell you what "your" body should be doing. My doc always frowns at me when I tell her I O late in my cycle and she has a hard time believing that my LP is only 12 days. I really hope all these BT's find some thing for you though.

Megsmum - Congrates on DD using the loo. I am about to embark on that journey with my DD in the next 3 or 4 months. I need to get a book or some thing.

Leyla - Not sure where the Vitex thread is. Do you want me to tell you what I know about it?

SP - HUGE hugs - What w##nkers. Good that they did those bt's though, at least you'll find out what your hormones are up to. They should have done some thing about the clot ages ago. Feeling very upset for you.

Hi Jenjams, Missbelinda, and Alex and everyone else.

Sharon - Well at least you got a +ve one of your tests. Don't feel stupid at all. I am sure that you'll get a stronger +ve in a day or so. BTW I think I would be due around 12th Dec. Had a look at the website and there is a definate line hon.

Heybacko thanks for your kind words, I did a bit of googling and found out that if a line comes up +ve and then disappears then it is more than like a -ve. Also I got the -ve on the same brand that I had the +ve on yesterday (sigh) oh well, what will be will be. oh, and it was my FMU that I used and the last time I went to the loo was about 10.30 last night.
    BekZ I am going to remain optimistic until I either get another +ve or AF shows up, but I can't help but think that maybe I am having a chemical pgncy. If I am pg we won't be in the same pg thread though but I think like in the september threads there will be a lot of us visiting to both Dec threads.
    Last edited by Sharon19270; April 11th, 2007 at 10:20 AM.

FIRST UP HUGE HUGS SP!!! That sucks matey but hold in there trust me it gets better. I know it doesnt feel that way but the best thing you can do is take a BIG deep breath adn say to yourself +VEly that it will be alright that your baby is still looking for your next perfect baby and that it isnt time yet but it will be.......

Secondly Belinda lucky you finding one so quickly could have KILLED DP for asking me the first day of our holiday and there wasnt any nice jewellery stores with rings i liked where we were.............

Thirdly welcome Lalla welcome i wish we could have to know you in another thread other then this... But huge hugs for you loss... Everyone is differently with there cycles coming back, mine took 10 weeks for a period then im currently on cycle day 40 having Oed 13days ago and no +ve test yet but not usually for me to have long cycles.... On the d & c if they needed to give you one they would have some people lose it without needing one, unfortunately i didnt but again everyone is different...

Ok so to answer the WHEN AM I TESTING??? DRUM ROLLLLLL LOL im testing Friday morning... Then mum and i are going shopping in Geelong for a ring then DP is meeting me to go shopping in Melb and have the meeting with a jeweller who im hoping will make my dream ring.... Im wanting a thin band that gets a little thinner at the diamond i want it to be princess cut and be a bezel setting (basically incased in the white gold) as i work with kids i dont want to sctratch them and get playdough, paint, sand and goop suck in and around the claw setting one..... So if i dont find one like this then ill get it made which will take another 5 weeks or so BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

Well i was sure Af was arriving last night i had niggly pains and really sore back but nothing so i guess i have to wait and see what the day brings and tomorrow and then finally FRIDAY!!!!!!!

HEHE MORE!!!!!!! I was thinking last night that if we are lucky enough to be pg then i could organise our engagement party for when we are ready to tell people and announce it there how good would that be!!!!

OOPS forgot Sharon i saw a line for sure matey...... Are you going to see DR?????

Oh and Bun MASSIVE HUGS!!! Also have you thought to do some relaxation?? I know this might sound silly to you after all you have been through but i felt when i did this and changed my mind to being +ve about the next pg and what i was going through made it that little bit easier iykwim!!!!!

Janeo not feeling too confident about +ve any more, used FMU and PIAC again this morning but this time the same brand of test came up as -ve so I think I will just wait and see what happens on Friday and if no AF will test again but I won't bother going to dr until I get a clear +ve.

That would be so cool being able to announce you are pg at your engagement party. Good luck for Friday.

Hi sharon,

I know i don't belong in here, but i just wanted to tell you I tested at 10DPO in the afternoon and got a faint line, then tested at 11DPO FMU and the line was fainter. Scared me as well. I've got everything crossed that your line gets darker.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast