Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss April 2007

OH my god i cant keep up... I have been on today but im not getting my reply to post.... ARGH i hate that.. So sorry i have done my best to read through and remember everything i think???

Thanks for pointing that out Alex i will do that now...

Bun HUGS honey... and LIFE SUX sometimes.........

Claudia im so sorry for your loss i too had a missed m/c i found out when i started bleeding at 11 weeks but my angel died at 8 weeks.. It was really really hard and i think of our baby every minute of everyday, but it does get easier but it takes time so hold in there and cry when you need to it helps...

Herbie WHOA what a GREAT present you lucky thing...

Well im still in the running my chart looks good so wait and see in the morning then... Im pretty excited about looking for the ring i found one in town today that is similar to what i want but not quite... Well hopefully ill be jumping on here tomorrow with good news wait and see i guess...

Wow I don't think I can begin to keep up with you guys!

Some of you know I had a missed m/c 4 and a bit weeks ago - tomorrow is 4 weeks from my D & C and AF showed up right on target today, god bless her. Actually I think it's possible I had a chemical pg this month - had a faint positive hpt yesterday morning. I am glad AF is here though as it's something definite, and shows my body is over it. I took Vitex and am sure that helped.

Anyway, I hope that most of us aren't here for too long.

We are really only ttc for a few cycles - if I have a due date after Feb next year it could be awkward for work (I wouldn't be able to guarantee access to maternity leave) and also DH & I are getting on (I turn 41 in 2 weeks, DH is 40). We hadn't contemplated another child until we got unexpectedly pg with our poor little prawnie, and DH wasn't immediately convinced we should ttc - trying for a few cycles is also our compromise. Plus I think the thought of all the BDing helped persuade him...

I thought i would let you all know b4 i head off ring shopping that i didnt bother testing this morning silly me did one last night and it was -ve and i had a temp drop this morning so i didnt waste a HPT.. If af hasnt shown by Monday ill do one..... Bit sad im hoping that ring shopping will cheer me up a bit....

Herbie what a fantastic present to be given, your friend will probably faint when she sees you LOL
    satya I very rarely get bad AF cramping, the worst I had it was the following night after D&C and I think keeping it simple with your work colleague would be good, because that way it doesn't look like you are avoiding the subject where as it could if you didn't say anything, and also you aren't asking questions which he may not feel ready to answer.
    Bun if it was a chemical pgncy I am completely fine with it, like you I would much rather lose a pgncy this early than weeks and weeks into it, where you have gone through m/s, the sore bbs and the many other symptoms, and the whole D&C procedure is the pits. I hope things go ok with your friend on the w/e maybe you should ask her if she wants you to ease up talking about your fears and worries about getting pg, and miscarrying, ask her to be honest, because then that way you will know where you stand :hugs:
    janeo have fun shopping for your ring today, and bugger to the BFN, I will be testing Monday too, just couldn't be bothered wasting any more hpt.
    SallyJ glad to hear that AF showed up when she was supposed to. I hear you on the age thing, my dh is 41 and I am 37 (not too old for ttc but getting there) I think if I haven't got pg by Jan next year (or god forbid I have more miscarriages) I think I will stop TTC and be happy with our 2 boys and start to think about going back to work and paying off our mortgage quicker.

I have decided to just sit back and relax and wait for AF to show, and if she doesn't will test again on Monday, I will then be 14 dpo which will be the longest LP I have had.

Hi Everyone,

Just popping into say hi. Best type quickly because I am supposed to be working atm.

Welcome Claudia. Sorry for your loss and I am sure you'll find heaps of support here. We all know how you feel about others around us having normal pregnancies and beautiful babies. Some times if seems like the universe is trying to dig the sword deeper. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Janeo - Good luck with ring shopping today. Your temp has not dropped too much. Cross our fingers for Monday.

Sharon - How are you?

Hope everyone else is good, thanks for all the posts wondering how I am. Went to doc and she said that I must be pg. I had a bt yesterday and am booked for a scan on the 24th. She said that there was no need to see her until I had had the scan, so I guess I am pg. Feeling ok, and doing some postive self talk to remain positive. Got really bad indigestion and nausea, but my family has had gastro so I am not sure if this is m/s or actual sickness.

Anyway I will pop back in later.

Bekz I'm ok, thanks for asking, I am just going to wait and see what Monday brings, if I have no AF then I will test again, if then after a couple of days I still don't get AF or a +ve I may consider going to Drs for a BT. Glad to hear that you are PG and I have everything crossed for you that it is an event free pgncy. Also hope that it is M/S you have and not the gastro thing.

Hi Guys,
    Just thought I would pop in & say Hi.
    Sally-After I had my D&C AF showed up exactly 27 days later the same as you, AF is usually very regular with me though, I think this is a good sign. Best of luck TTC over next couple of months.
    Janeo- Can't wait to hear all about the ring, best of luck with it & don't forget youa re the one that has to wear it & it is forever so you have what ever you want honey
    Bekz-Best of luck with everything & I am thinking of you, I am sure all will be well and sickness will soon wear off. Where you sick B4?
    Bun-I had not thought of a vision but you are right how funny is that. Might be able to enter them in the Stawell Gift next year Best of luck with your friend at the weekend, I agree with Sharon just be honest with her and hopefully she will be honest back. Tell her how you feel & see if she will let her feelings out too, I am sure it will all come out in the wash, both of you will work it out. She does need to be understanding of you too & be aware of what you ahve gone through. It is so easy for these people who have a breeze pg to not unerstand how we feel
    Sharon-My friend probably will faint then she will cry forever cause she is like that, I have grown up with her & her 2 sisters. I had no pain after my D&C however I had lots of pain a couple of days prior to D&C, OB said that is was first stage of labour as my body was starting to get rid of everything, one thing good about that is I know waht first stage fells like now! Best of luck with your testing and I pray you get a BFP on Monday can't wait to hear from you then. Hope AF stays away
    Pardon my stupidity but what does BT satnd for, I know, I know I am a bit thick today. I know it will be easy & I have put off asking but that is one thing in here Anything can be asked & no-one is judging of you MWAH
    Not much happening with me really still doing the bd thing every night & have got a green light on FF. Have funny little pains which not sure if gas pains or o pains. Had a huge drop in temp on Wed now slowing coming up, unsure what this means am on CD 15, oh well I am at work & had better get back to it.
    My DH is wonderful & always gives me great birthday pressies, this one would have to be the best though. He doesn't go without either I might add LOL
    Hi to all those I have missed & wishing you all a great weekend if I don't get back in today

Herbie
    xxxxx

Herbie BT stands for Blood Test it took me a while to get used to all the abbreviations too. Oh, and thanks for the bfp prayers, I think I'll need them.

Lalla Guest

Hi Guys,
    I went to the Dr yesterday and she was lovelly and answered all my silly questions and really helped put my mind at ease. Even helping me get over a little issue I had with a so called friend who during an emotion breakdown infront of some close friends asked me (while I had tears streaming down my face) if I MC'd because I'm skinny and possibly don't eat enough to carry a baby!!!!!! My Dr reassured me this absolutely not the case, it was really stressing me out thinking that it could possibly have been my fault some how??
    As far as having a D&C goes Dr told me that the body most likely needs a bit more time to re-set so to speak, but if AF doesn't appear by mid next week or the cramping comes back to have a scan.

JANEO I'm so sorry sweet I'm absolutely positive that ring shopping will work wonders for your mood Good luck and have fun finding the perfect one x If you want to talk any more about weddings I'm still completely obsessed!!

SHARON19270Good luck, hope you're ok and thinking of you x

Still trying to keep up with everyone on this thread but I think I'm slowly getting there, thanks again for all the support x

Hi everyone.

Bekz - Glad all is still well with you. Fingers crossed for a positive BT.

Bun - Maybe you should speak to your own pg issues with another friend.... one who's not pg. I know from experience that most pg women who have had no issues of their own don't tend to want to hear about other's problems. Try and find things to talk to her about other than her own pregnancy as well or this will stress you. Also there's nothing wrong with taking some time out from the friendship if it's all too strained at the moment. A strong friendship will pick up where it left off after you get over the hurdle that's causing the strain.

Janeo - Good luck with finding the perfect ring.

Sally J - Glad to see all is back to normal for you. Let's hope you have success in the few months you have allowed yourself TTC. I haven't yet put a time limit on TTC but I'll be 41 at the end of May so I guess I will have to think about that soon. It's different for me though as I haven't had any children of my own so I'm thinking I'll keep trying through 41 and then reaccess the situation if I haven't been successful. I keep hoping that my partner being much younger than me will raise our chances of success.

Sorry to the others I've missed, I hope all is well with you.

I only got very light cramping early this morning and no sign of AF so I'm thinking that it had nothing to do with it.

I am just entering that stage that is eerily familiar from 10 years ago after I had a m/c - the one where you imagine that every little body complaint you come across just might mean you are pg again. That's where I'm headed until AF shows up.

*las* Guest

Hi everyone

Don't know how I'll catch up, so forgive me for missing anyone!

Satya - here's hoping that it's not AF coming, fingers crossed for you!

Lalla - glad your appointment went well! How rude of your friend!

Herbie - Good luck this cycle!

Sharon - Hope that AF does stay away! You must be getting a little frustrated though

BekZ - hope you are looking after yourself and that bub! Hopefully you'd had that bit of reassurance from your Dr now.

Bun - I know it's not easy, but one thing I've learnt through this, is that friends should burden, and be burdened! That's what makes a great friendship! I hope in time you and your friend can get through things Hope you are doing ok.

AF is STILL not here! I have intermittent cramping but that's it. I just want it to come if it is!

Hi to everyone else

Satya yes, I can imagine it is very different for you. I would want to try for longer if I had no kids.

JaneO - have fun ring shopping.

Hi everyone else

Hi I am back,
    Satya-I am hearing what you are saying about all the little complaints, I always thinkg Oh no is there something wrong with me, will I ever have children, you know how it goes. There are people worse off than me, but sometimes you just can't help thinking like that. I am sure you will be fine, here's hoping af does not even come you may be pg. It will all happen for you I am sure, no matter of your age
    las-Thanks for the wishes, I hope AF does not come for you, I hope she stays away for a long time. The waiting game is the worst isn't it. Is AF usually regular for you?

TTFN again

Herbie
    xx

Herbie - Wow about your trip to the USA!!!! If you are concerned about your chart put it in your signature and we can stalk it for you.

Satya - I thought AF was coming for more than 2kws due to cramping but she never showed. Good luck.

Lalla - Glad to hear your doc cleared everything up for you.

Hi to everyone else hope you all have a great weekend.

Hello everyone,

Gosh this thread is getting confusing for me now - I feel like my head is spinning after reading all the new posts! My apologies to anyone I miss out on!

las - hang in there - as long as AF doesn't show there's always hope! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

satya - I so know what you are talking about. Last month I was paying attention to every little pain and wierd feeling in my tummy, hoping it would mean I was pregnant. I hope AF doesn't show for you!

lalla - that's great you drs appointment helped put you mind at rest! Gee I can't believe your friend said that!

Herbie - hope everything goes OK for you this cycle

BekZ - that's great, hope you are feeling better soon!

janeo - I hope AF doesn't show for you, enjoy your ring shopping - hope it takes your mind off things

Bun - I know what you mean about your friend. I have a good friend who is pregnant too, and I told her last weekend that I can't see her for a few weeks - it's just too painful for me God I feel like such a scumbag for doing that! But I don't want her to feel that she can't talk about the pregnancy for fear of upsetting me.

Sharon - all the best for Monday, hope you get a positive!

Well, I went to the GP yesterday to see what she thinks about me having 2 miscarriages now. I must admit I was a bit worried I'd get fobbed off but she was really good. I went and had a beta HCG done today and they are going to talk to my OB next week (he's on leave this week, wouldn't you know it!) to see what he thinks they should do with me - ultrasound etc etc. So hopefully I won't have to have another M/C before they investigate. Although I really doubt they will find anything wrong - but it will be good to know for sure.

In the meantime, it's day 11 and I usually O on day 14, so DH and I have a busy weekend ahead of us! LOL Fingers crossed for this month!!

Hi to everyone I've missed and hope you all have a nice weekend!

Heybacko Guest

Hi everyone

I am SO sorry that I haven't had time to catch up with the day's posts - I have been running around ALL day sorting out medicals, x-rays, BTs, certified copies of everything but the kitchen sink for NZ Immigration - crikey, they are anal that lot!!

Mainly I wanted to say:

Bun and Susannah - PLEASE stop beating yourselves up, after what you have both been through your friends will all understand when you all come 'out the other side' - it's awkward and it's painful but you must must try and stop feeling so guilty about how you feel, your feelings must come first for YOU to start to mend (that reads back too harsh but you know what I mean!!) I really felt for you Susannah, when you said you 'felt like a scumbag' - NO NO NO!!!!

Satya/Sharon/Sally - I have decided 2008 is the year for delivery of our bubs's and if any of you manage a Dec 07 delivery, then YAY!!! (Sharon, I KNOW you are trying to sneak one in under the wire!!!)

Herbie - still haven't stooped giggling over your DH's poor little spermie swimming against the tide - made me smile all day!!

Jane - any update on the ring??? I am wondering if I could get divorced just so I can marry my DH again and get another ring, another dress, another honeymoon????

BekZ - hope the heartburn if bearable - go Gaviscon!!!

Sorry for missing anyone, I have Solicitors/Doctors office fatigue!!

Loads of love to all
    Alex
    xxxxx

satya - I am not sure what to do about my friend, I know that she doesn't mind me talking about things, and to be honest, there is no one else I talk to about this or that knows about the second m/c IRL other than our parents. Most of my friends aren't having kids yet and clearly did not understand what it was like to have a m/c so I saw no point in telling about what has happened since then. I'm not sure what to do.

megsmum - I am so glad your dr took you seriously and will arrange some tests. They will probably tell you that it is most likely just bad luck, but at least they are doing something for you!

Bek - glad to hear that things are going well for you. Make sure you keep checking in with us.

Lalla - so glad your dr answered all your questions and put your mind at ease. Ignore your friend's comments about you being too skinny - that is ridiculous! What a horrible thing to say, esp from a so-called friend.

Janeo - have fun ring shopping!

Sharon - how are you going?

Hi to everyone else.

My friend just emailed to let me know that her scan went well and she is 11 weeks. I can't even imagine what it would feel like to go for a scan and come home happy after seeing your healthy baby. It is just so unfair - all her pgs have worked out and mine just die. I know I am being melodramatic, but I just don't know how long I can do this. I am just so sick of being strong all the time. I need to be a good friend and reply, but I am just sitting in my office crying. She was really great and said she can give me more details and send a pic if I want, but wanted to see if that was ok first. She is really sensitive and aware of my situation, but it sill hurts so much. I need to be a good friend and let her know how happy I am for her and to tell her to send a pic, but it just hurts so much. Will I ever get to see that - my baby alive and happy on a screen? I am supposed to be seeing her tomorrow and I am not sure if I can handle it.

I have been feeling nervous all day waiting for her scan - it's like it has reminded me of mine and brought it all back again. I don't know how I will ever manage to get a scan done if I get pg again - just thinking about one makes me want to be sick.

Just got back guys and here is the run down...

Well i just got home from ring hunting and i found THE ONE!!!! So not what i thought i would get back love it love it love it love it.. We are getting it made though cos its better quality diamond and handmade all that jazz and only 100 more then in the store.. So its a princess cut diamond on a angle the head is a bezel setting (so surrounded in white gold) the band wraps up to the side of the diamond with 3 small small diamonds in the band (he added 2 extra small small diamonds for nothing one extra each side) soooo sooo soo excited will now Tuesday when i will get it.......

I havnt started bleeding yet but i have some brown cm today very thick though so not sure what to think.. Waiting WAITING WAITING.. But hey whats new... Sorry not up to reading all the posts a bit sad even though im excited about the ring really really sad about af maybe showing her head.. Im on a 2mth break now so that im not due around my bf's wedding as im maid of honour.. So thats going to make me trying again very close to the day my baby would have been due.... Sorry for being so selfish but im sure you will understand..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast