Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2006

Hi Everyone!

I hope all is well (or as well as can be expected)! I really just wanted to say a very big thank you so much for making me feel so welcome. It's been a tough journey over the last few months but I'm really starting to feel like myself again and looking forward to a BFP. My problem is that it happened relatively quickly last time and I guess I'm expecting it to happen that way again - which really sucks, I don't want to have that expectation on us! We'll see. I guess positive thinking is a good thing - the power of the mind and all that.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again. Unfortunately I have a funeral to go to tomorrow (just what I need). One of my closest friends lost her dad last week and we practically grew up together, so it's going to be a tough day. I also lost my dad when I was 17, so it's going to bring back far too many memories for me. Lifes pretty hard sometimes! But what doesn't kill us just makes us stronger isn't that right.

Can I also ask you all what you husbands and partners think about you participating on this website? My DH just found out that I'm on here and I think he's a bit worried, hurt and upset that I'm not talking to him and that I'm sharing our story?? I don't really know how to handle it?

Thanks.

YAY! YAY! YAY! AF ARRIVED THIS MORNING!!!!!!!! Could I be more excited???? One step closer........
    (I'm dancing like that right now.....!)

goldilocks Guest

Good morning lovely ladies!

Sarah, yup we're officially TTC again! When do you think you're going to O? You need to get a ticker so we can keep track of where you're up to! LOL

Shell, nice to see you! I'm sure that the next two months will fly and you'll be back with us in no time. Although I hope you're right and that everyone has moved over to PAML by then! And you never know, 'accidents' do happen

Amy, I'm sure the next few months will fly by for you too and you'll be back here TTC. Keep well and please pop in to say hi when you have time!

Sez, YAY for AF arriving!!! That's great news, honey...you must be so happy! It's such a relief when she arrives, huh! So after your next AF arrives you'll be actively TTC again?

Kelly, I'm sorry you have to attend a funeral today. I'm sure your friend really appreciates you being there though. It's good to hear you sounding so positive about TTC. If it happened quickly before, I'm sure it'll happen quickly again!

Re. what our DH's think of us being on BB - my DH thinks it's great that I chat on BB. In fact, he registered here too so he could put a post on my miscarriage thread to thank all the ladies for their support! I talk to him about EVERYTHING and being on BB in no way stops me from talking to him about things. But at the same time, he knows that there are certain things about miscarriage that he won't understand...so he's grateful that I have the BB ladies for that kind of support. You should talk to your DH and tell him that this isn't a bad place. The support you will receive here is just amazing! Maybe if you got him to read some of the posts he will be more accepting?

Lisa, where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu??!!! I hope you come and post with some awesome news soon, honey!

I hope everyone else is well!

I ordered some OPK's from Fertility Naturopath yesterday so hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow. I've never used them before so I'm not sure how I'll go. I keep reading conflicting information about when to use them...some say to use FMU, others say to use them at 2pm? I just want to give us the best chance possible so I'm willing to try anything!

You know what's freaky about if we conceive this cycle? The EDD will be on my birthday! :eek: ROFL How freaky is that!!! Funnily enough, birthdays are often close in our family. My Dad and Grandad (Dad's dad) shared the same birthday; my brother and aunty are one day apart; and my Mum and cousin are also one day apart. Hmmmm...

Love & babydust
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Good morning my petals!

Sorry have been MIA for a few days..didnt have my laptop so couldnt get on..and I was having withdrawl symptoms! hehehehehe...

Michelle - honey Im so sorry af arrived for you. At least your to a 28 day cycle now and you are O'ing so fingers crossed with things being regular with your cycle you will catch that naughty little eggy this time mate. Thinking of you and praying that you will be announcing a bfp this time next month!

Belle & Sez - yipeee on both of you getting af, now your one step closer to that bfp. Wishing you both loads of luck and baby dust for the coming cycle. And fingers crossed that you have a wonderful gift of a newborn on your next birthday Belle.

Sarah - hello my friend, hope you are well and gearing up to O soon.

Keen - how are you doing matey? Are you still in the tww?

Shell - hello there gym gal! Well you never do know - you might just catch that eggy unawares! Nice to hear from you.

Kelly - welcome back! Dont you just hate it when 'other' things in life can interfere with the BD!! Well I hope you managed to get one good bd in and catch that little egg by suprise!

Amy - hi matey not long to go now till you join us officially..send our love to Naomi too...

Kazz thanks for checking on us.. hope some of the gals in here heard you loud and clear that there TWO PLACES IN PAML..get going girlfriends!!

Well ME - im until this morning I was convinced that Im pg, because my bbs have been soooooo sore and they have grown like you wouldnt believe and i have tingly nips, also been feeling a little nauseas and very very thirsty and have had this ongoing sensation of heartburn etc etc...BUT I woke up this morning with my usual pre af pain in the lower abdomen, so looks like we have to get back on the bd craze again next month!!

Hope you all have a lovely day - I hope I didnt miss anyone!

Lisa

Miss Kitten Guest

Good Morning everyone,

I hope you don't mind having a new person in the thread. Just thought I'd drop in for a bit and give a small update on me.

For a bit of background, short & to the point, 2 m/c and am now anxiously waiting AF. I had hoped that AF would be rather like last time (after my 1st D&C) - 31 days. Today I'm up to day 35. The OB told us not to try until I AF visits and then its a go...but we stopped using 'parashoots' a little while ago (I was charting) when I thought I was in the 'safe zone'. I'm getting a little paranoid b/c FF says that when we stopped I was only 2 days after OV...*oh no*...I've done 2 HPT's and they've both come back negative so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that AF comes today....

Good luck everyone, I'm sorry I didn't address anyone personally but I will...I promise...

Much love, Kate x.

Kate, welcome to the thread sweety. So sorry about your losses, I hope that your new ttc journey is short and sweet. You will find lots of support and friendship here. Hope arrives soon and you can get back to bd business.

Lisa

Good morning!

Sez - I'm so glad af arrived. Isn't it amazing how excited we can actually be to get her for once - it's bizarre!! Best of luck from here on in, I hope it all happens for you quickly!!

Belle - Congratulations aswell on getting af and offically ttc again! It's a great feeling and I'm sure things will go well for you. Fingers crossed on a and how amazing, an edd for your birthday!! That would be incredible!!!

Sarah - Thanks for all your kind words and hope you've moved closer to the big O.

Lisa - Great to hear from you - I'm still hoping it will be a BFP for you It sounds like you've had a few encouraging symptoms, so I'm sending lots and lots of *babydust* your way. Take care and keep us updated!!

Keen - Hope the tww is going ok! I'm desperately trying not to think about it and am doing ok so far, mainly because I've convinced myself that it's not going to happen this quickly! I'm sure next week will be a bit harder!

Kate - Welcome - I'm fairly new here too and althought it's a little overwhelming trying to get to know everyone, they're an amazing, caring and supportive group of ladies!! Looking forward to hearing from you again soon and best of luck with ttc.

I'm sorry for those of you that I missed (but I think I did pretty well to remember the above!!!) Hope to hear from you all very soon. On a home front for me, you'll be pleased to know that DH is feeling ok about everything again this morning. I don't think he realised what it was all about and when I tried to get him to come and have a look, he got all stubborn and didn't want to know about it! I'm sure he'll get over it soon. I was a bit upset though and after a few tears, we 'made-up' which was great!!! I think he's just a little worried about me as he doesn't want me "obsessing" over a baby, so we'll just have to keep the communication going. He's worried that I'm not over the m/c. I really am so lucky to have him, he's been an incredible support and I think he cares too much sometimes, it's a wonderful feeling.

Better go have some breakfast. Take care everyone.

Kelly, glad to hear you and dh are sorting things out, and that he is so supportive, my dh has been great too but he also doesnt want me 'obsessing'. But he is quietly convinced I am pg, and he even rang me this morning to ask if Ive tested which is unusual for him!

And the tww is the worst! Hope it ends with a bfp for you sweety, you just never know!!

Hiya girls,

Lisa no not long to go now YAY and I will pass that on to Naomi I am sure she will love to hear that, and I am hoping with all of my mite that you are not having af cramps I have my fingers and toes and everything crossed for you this month and hope it is a success.

Kelly i just wanted to say Hi and to let you know that my DH has only just accepted my love for BB LOL he was so angry when he found out that I was giong on here, and I think it was more out of fear thatn anything else, he had visions of me chatting to psyco's which is of course so not the way it is, I joined in November last year and now he has met a couple of the girls and knows I am taking to great people so there is no longer a problem although he would not be to happy if he knew how often I was on here as our house work sometimes suffers ( oops shhhh but dont tell him that LMAO ) Welcome to BB and to this thread I know you will find alot of much needed support here and just give DH some time to get use to the idea invite him to take a look around so that he can see it is just full of wonderfull people who offer great advice and friendship. Good luck sweets will chat to you again soon.

and welcome Kate and any other newies I have not said hi to as yet I hope your stay here is short and sweet I wish you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey.

Love to you all I hope you all get a BFP this month I am praying for you all

Hi Girls

Belle and Sez Yay for AF arriving I hope your cycles are not too battered and you get your BFP asap!!

Kate, Welcome. I hope AF comes for you today so you can get back on the wagon.

Lisa, It ain't over intil AF arrives, you know AF and early pg symptoms are veeery similar!! Hang in there

Kelly... Awww poor DH!! He sounds like such a sweety!! My DP doesn't mind me being on here. I think he knows that I need an outlet for all the stuff he doesn't understand. Although I am sure he thinks I am on here waaaaay too much!! (so do I!)

Michelle, I am soooo sorry AF arrived

Well I think O is imminent... I thought it was yesterday, but no temp rise... *sigh* I ran out of OPK's and I can't justify spending $20 on 5 of them at the supermarket. If I don't get pg this cycle I will order some more of the web.

TL
    Tanya

Tanya, well you just do the bd over the next few days and hope for the best! Are you still following the boy thing?

Ok sorry to bug you gals again, but ive had weird discharge today, lots of all white / clear watery discharge and in the middle of all that I had the tiniest light brown spot on my knickers (sorry if tmi). Ohhh I just wish I knew one way or the other. Got a feeling thats af's way of saying, get ready coz im coming to visit!!

kirsty Guest

I sure hope she's not Lisa, not real sure what the discharge could be but it may possibly be implantation??? I hope it is.

Thanks Kirsty, I am hoping that its a little implant bleed.. If I O'd on the 6th then timing should be about right for an implant bleed. Its strange as Ive never had such strong symtpoms (ie the really sore and BIG bbs etc) and Ive never really gotten overly concerned with pg symptoms etc.. this month things have been a little wierd. I am having dull aches in the ovaries too atm on both sides. Well I think I might just try and forget about it and hope that this weekend brings a bfp or af. This is certainly the craziest tww ive ever had so cant wait for it to be over one way or the other!

kirsty Guest

I sure hope it is for you then Lisa. Personally I've never had an implant bleed & with my last pregnancy wouldn't have ever known I was pg until I POAS & got a BFP coz I had no symptoms what-so-ever.

I was the same with my first pg Kirsty, no symptoms whatsoever, I did have bigger bbs that were tender, but I didnt pay attention until a gf saw me and said 'omg look at your bbs are you pg?'. Thanks for that I had to have that little vent - feeling better already

Hi Girls,

Lisa, I had to laugh about when your girlfriend saw your BB's and asked if you were pregnant lol they must have got heaps bigger! Mine didnt change size at all (thankfully as i am already a 12E and was frightened i was going to end up somewhere up the other end of the alphabet lol). Not sure about the discharge but if you dont normally get it then i dont think that it can be anything bad...like someone said early prego symptoms can mirror AF on the way...i said when i was waiting for my bfp with Lucy that something should change at implantation so that we knew - like our mouth went blue on the inside or something lol. I am sure that you have to be prego how could you not wearing DH out like that! There is a BFP coming your way so hang in there.

Shell, I hope that you manage to catch that "accident" and you will be looking so hot from all your workouts at the gym that your hubby will be well pleased about a suprise BFP!

Sez, Yay for AF arriving..so you have one more cycle to go before TTC again? You mentioned last night that 5 weeks ago was the last night that you thought you were happily pregnant (or something along those lines) i just wanted to share with you that the night before i found out Katelyn had passed away and i had to be induced i was out buying stuff for her cot and some little outfits etc. So there will always be days that coincide with memories...good and bad. Its hard to think back to how things were though isnt it...i often wonder how different my life would be and i would be if Katelyn had of made it to be with us...She would have been two at the end of this month...just where does the time go. I hope that you have a short cycle this month and then onto getting that BFP ASAP! GL.

Kelly, How is your TWW going? Im really sorry that you have got to go to a funeral of someone that you have known for a long time, i am also sorry that you lost your dad at 17, that must have been incredibly hard. My DH loves BB at times (when i am happy etc) but when i get upset over things that happen to people on here he worries that it makes emotions and everything worse for me (especially since i was on here everyday when pregnant with Lucy and then after i had her i was at home and didnt have a computer until recently) but i have explained to him that even if things on here make me upset that it doesnt actually change the feelings that i have in my heart and it certaintly doesnt make anything worse. In fact i dont know where i would be without all of the support that i received now and in the past. I hope that your DH comes around soon and has a bit of a look. Also Rowan has met a couple of the girls that i used to chat to previously and he really likes them so he knows that we are not a bunch of nutters (although i feel like it sometimes lol). If you got pregnant quickly before then there is no reason for it not to happen for you quickly again. I got pregnant first month with both my girls so here is wishing you a speedy BFP.

Keen, Its sounds as though things are going great for you...i tried to find your other thread but i must be blind, can someone tell me where it is i want to see what Keen is up too! LOL Keen im not stalking you but hoping hoping that there is great news somewhere waiting for me to see!

Belle, Yay on you TTC now its so exciting and i wish you that BFP pronto!! How are you feeling about all that??? Its exciting to start a new journey but daunting at the same time, i am here for you if you want to chat.

Kate, Welcome to our little group (not so little when will some ladies - read Lisa - get lost to PAML!!! We need some BFP's to bring some hope to all of us!) I am really sorry to hear about your losses but you are in the right place here for support. I too have a long cycle (about 34/35 days) and its so annoying because everyone always seems to get to stuff before me....anyway i wish you a speedy BFP when you are ready for it.

Tanya, I am still waiting to O aswell my friend (come on body sending myself positive O thoughts lol) so perhaps we will end up prego on the same day lol you have all girls and i have had two girls so who knows we might both end up with boys! I just want one though i dont care whether its pink or blue! GL for finally Oing and catching that egg!

Well i am getting ****ed at my body for taking so long to bloody O...its driving me mad, i wish that i just had a normal 28 day cycle rather than 34 days....it just seems to go on forever and then i think well once i O then i have the tww....waiting waiting waiting....Mind you i shouldnt be so selfish there are loads of women in here who have been waiting longer than me i just want the BFP's to start flowing!

Love Sarah xx

Miss Kitten Guest

Hi again all,

Lisa, I've got my fingers crossed for you that it's implant bleed ...

Sez & Belle...Whoo hoo to AF arriving! I don't think I've ever wanted AF to arrive like I do now...lol

Sorry to those who didn't want AF to visit...pack your bags biatch!...lol

Have to split...sorry some drama has just popped up in the office...will try to get back on tonight!

Much love & hugs to you all,

Kate x.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast