Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ December 2006 #3

kirsty Guest

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ December 2006 #3

Welcome to December! Here's wishing everyone much success over the coming months & loads of BFP's to be found in here.

If you have any concerns regarding anything within this thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails/ PM's are treated equally & confidentially):-

Melinda [email protected]
    Kirsty [email protected]
    Cailin [email protected]
    MistyFying

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.

kirsty Guest

Hiya lovely ladies, last thread is here

Hello my lovelies....

Well i've had a few days of good and bad....

The GOOD was that on Sunday night my best friend, her partner and 3 kids came to stay with me for the night, and on Monday morning headed into the city for the day, with the Robbie concert at night and stayed in a hotel, leaving the kids with me until lunchtime today. The kids are DD12, DS9 and DD.......3 MONTHS....woohoo....i haven't seen her since the end of October and she has grown so much. It was nice that my friend trusted me enough to have the baby for a full 27 hours, but it was soooo much fun. I loved every second of it. And it was good to have the other two as well, as they helped out while i was getting dinner, etc. It's like DH and I played happy families for a few days....hehehehe

The BAD news......DH's Grandfather died on Sunday afternoon. He was 97, so he's done pretty well, but still, it's sad none the less. DH has already buried his pop (and grandmother) and was with him until he died and he found that so hard to deal with that he couldn't bare to see his grandfather this time round. All the rest of his family (except his brother who is fighting fires in NE Vic) along with all his cousins and aunties and uncles were all with him when he died and i'm just hoping that DH doesn't regret not going up to be with him too. It's really starting to worry me. We've got to go to the funeral on Thursday and i don't know what to expect. The only other time i've seen him cry is when we had our m/c or if we're talking about our angel and it absolutely tore my heart out.....i think this is going to be harder because it won't be 'just us' there....it will be a hell of a lot of people, and i don't want to come accross as being heartless because i'm trying to be strong for him, to support him, because if i wasn't strong for him he would totally fall apart and i couldn't bare to see that happen....

I'm sorry, i'm just rambling, but i'm so confused. Thanks for reading girls, i know i can depend on you to just let me ramble and get things off my chest.....

I'll pop back later, or tomorrow to catch up on everyone....thanks again...xxxxxxxxxxx

Shan - I am so sorry about the loss of your DH grandfather, that is such sad news and just before Christmas sending you both a big :hugs: xxxxxx

Sorry, Shan, to hear your DH lost his grandfather. I can't see you being considered 'heartless' for supporting him, I am sure everyone will understand the way you support your DH. You both have to grieve for his grandfather in your own way, so be a strong as you can for your DH, but also allow yourself to cry if you want!

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))
    Sarah

Subbing

Morning girls!
    Shan, so sorry to hear about DH's grandfather - just be there for each other & allow yourselves to grieve. Hopefully DH's grandad can have a word with he powers-to-be & handpick a little bubba to be sent down to you...... Glad you enjoyed playing happy families - that will be you one day.
    Morganj - hope you & DH are doing ok.
    Missy - good to hear you are feeling better although the pain will still be intense. It seems you & DH are coming to the same conclusions re: getting pg again so that can only help things. I think anyone who has lost a bub understands that overwhelming urge to be pg again.....
    Me, had to start the bd fest early as I got a + OPK yesterday & some CM to match so v. early for me (yesterday cd11!). Normally I am around CD 14. Does anyone else O early in their cycle? Had a temp dip this morning too so will be keen to see OPK/ temp results over the next few days.
    Hope all the pg bellies are good & not freaking out too much & hi to everyone else.

morganj Guest

Good Morning Ladies

Shan - I'm so sorry to hear of your DH's grandfather passing away. I don't believe anyone will see you as heartless at all, but instead more as a strong supportive loving wife!! xx

Missy - am glad you are feeling a little better. Take it easy and don't be too hard on yourself. If you feel you are ready emotionally to start ttc'ing again then I have everything crossed for you that you get your BFP very soon!

Well DH is doing okay - we've lined up some short term contract work for him for after Christmas through someone he used to work with which should help until he finds something more permanent! He hasn't been happy in his current job for a long time so he's kinda relieved but also I think it's knocked his confidence a little too so I too am trying to be a strong supportive wife at the moment too, whilst in the back of my mind I'm feeling quite stressed about the whole situation too! Luckily we have some savings and not a huge mortgage, but we were about to start looking for a house to buy for our family to be, so I think we'll be putting that on the back burner for now. Thanks everyone for your kinds words of support. xxx

Well I am now in the 2ww, I don't think we timed it right this month though as dh was to tired one night and then had night shift the last 2 nights :/ Oh well I can have a celebratory drink on new years eve.

Hi girls,

Gees, it is getting quiet in here - we are getting too many BFPs!! Here's hoping that we all join those who recently got BFPs as soon as possible!!

Shan- sorry to hear about the loss of DH's grandfather. This is a tough time of year to be going through things like this.

morganj - glad to hear that DH has found some work. At least that takes some of the stress off you both for the time being. I hope you manage to have a great Christmas and are looking forward to what I am sure will be a much better year!!

aussieinc - that is a pain, but it is a good time of year to be allowed a drink or two!

Well, I def O'ed 2 days ago so am now in my TWW! It feels strange - I have only had one TWW before and I ended up getting a BFP, but I did not expect one, so I didn't get anxious or anything while waiting, I just expected that it wouldn't happen for a while. Now I don't know how I feel, except that I won't be drinking much at Christmas! And I have no idea how careful to be with food and drink when I won't be able to test until 30 Dec. Should I act as if I am pg and be careful, or just assume that I am not and eat and drink what I like? I thought I would just not drink much, but other than that, just do whatever I like. Is that irresponsible?

Shan - sweety I am so sorry for the loss of DH's dear grandad, its always so sad to loose a loved one. I will say prayers for you all. I hope that little bub bought some special 'baby magic' into your home!

Morganj - im glad your dh managed to get some work for after Christmas, hopefully he will find something more permanent after the new year, as we all know this is not the best time to be looking for a job - mid Jan is probaly a good time to start. I hope it all works out for you guys, and you get a healthy bfp to go with it!

Mummyto1 - whoo hoo on the bd fest! You'll be exhaustaed come xmas day , hope you mange to catch that little eggy!

Kez - how are you going sweets??

Bun - oooh I hope you manged to catch that eggy sweets!! You just never know

Missy - sweety I am sending you lots of hugs, and lots of ttc vibes to help your through your new journey.

Nic - best of luck with the tww.

Mako, Cilmum, Cinammon, Kerry, and anyone else I have forgotten - a big hello and special baby dust coming your way!

Susie, Lind, Tanya - hope your all well and enjoying the m/s, sore bbs, etc etc etc....

Me - I just rang the OB who normally does my ultrasounds to book in for Jan 10th but he is on leave until February!! So will have to ring the place where I went when they found my ecoptic! Grrrr, but I suppose I had better have one JIC. Other than that - im doing pretty well, touch wood, sore bbs, peeing etc etc .. Im going to see my NP tonight - bit excited about that, she gets to tell me how great its all going

Sending you all loads and loads and loads of sticky

Lisa

Hi girls,

Thank you all so much for your support. It means a lot to me. The funeral is tomorrow morning, so it's going to be a very hard day.

Mummyto1 - I actually said that to DH about his Grandfather picking out our bubba for us, and also that our angel now has someone to look after him/her....mind you, that got the tears flowing for both of us....

Bun - I know how it feels with the should I/shoudn't I in regards to food and drink. Well, all i can say to you is this.....DH and I have been TTC for coming up to 5 years and i have missed out on so much including Birthdays, Christmases, New Years, Parties, functions etc, etc, coz i always thought....I'd better not drink, or eat that, i might be PG. To date, the only time i did have a few drinks was the christmas a few weeks before i found out i was pg with my angel (but looking at dates i would have only just conceived a few days before so it wouldn't have been effected anyway). I know it's hard thing to know what to do, coz you don't want to risk harming your baby jik, but i believe that as all of us are actively TTC, we know pretty much at 4 weeks that we are pg, and before that time, there really is no harm that could be done to the baby via food and drink. I might be wrong in saying that, but going from experience, all i can say is don't forget to live you life, or you will miss out on so much concentrating on the 'what ifs'....Enjoy yourself bun...i think we all deserve it...xxxx

Thanks again ladies, and if you don't hear back from me today, then i'll be back either late tomorrow night or Friday....xxxx

Lisa-So glad everything is going good. I can't wait to hear your update.

Shan-I hope DH is doing okay and sorry for the loss of DH granddad.

Bun-I hope the 2ww goes fast and we get to see a BFP!

Morganj-Glad DH has some work for a while. My DH is possible looking for a different job. He is keeping his options open. We part own a retail business and he works long hours and not great benefits. We do get some of the profits but the long hours do put a stress on him. I am trying to encourage him to stay but if he's not happy, I won't try to get him to stay there.

Well, I am so excited. I talked to my midwife and she said that physically, there is no reason to wait. She was just a little concerned that with 2 losses in 6 months, we would be a reck. By the grace of God, we are okay. DH is not really sure yet but I am trying to convince him to just let it happen. I only want to temp and see what happens, no OPK's no BD like crazy, just when we want to. DH is also dealing with some pain in his arms and hands and has an MRI tomarrow, so we will know more next Tues when he sees his orthopedist(spelling??). He is a little hesitant but he is never 1 for change and I have had to work very hard to get each and every one of my children. It's like pulling teeth!! Anyone elses' DH like that and what can you do to calm their fears??

I am also going to be tested for a blood clotting disorder this week. She doesn't think that it's a problem but my grandmother has had several clots she was hospitalized for and she is doing this for a precaution. She has a clotting disorder and it caused her several miscarriages so I can tell that she does not wanting anyone to go through what she did when some simple medication can solve it.

Wow-sorry this got so long. I hope everyone will have a good Christmas. I am trying hard to get in the spirit but it will be hard since we were going to tell our families this weekend. Also Dawson would have been 6 months old on Christmas day so there will be the bittersweet moments of my children being excited for Christmas and the mourning of those not with us.

Lisa - I can understand not wanting to go the place where they found your ectopic - I will never be going back to the clinic where they found my baby had died. I feel like things are going to go well for you this time though, and I can't wait to hear about your scan!!

Shan - thanks for responding. I am with you, it can take ages to get a BFP, so there is no point putting things off and not enjoying myself, although I won't be stupid and start binge drinking or anything! You're right, I think we all deserve to enjoy ourselves this Christmas and look forward to a better 2007!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Missy - so glad that you can start TTC! You sound ready to me, and if there is no physical reason to wait, then that's great! I wish for a speedy BFP for you! I am having some tests done too, some are just the basic blood clotting disorder ones. I hope we both get the all-clear!

Unhappy

Girls - I am having a small break down. I went and had a BT on Wed and my results were 385 HCG, my dr rang me today and said she was worried that would mean that I am really only 2-3 weeks pregnant and not the 5.3 weeks pregnant that she thinks that I should be. I said to her well my cycle was 34 days so that probably makes sense..... She said maybe but wants me to have a test tmw to make sure that the HCG has double to 700-750 otherwise there is a problem . I am only 17DPO so I think that I am really only 2-3 weeks pregnant :eek: I am really trying not to stress about it but I am so scared I hope that everything is ok ... I still feel pregnant and I haven't had anymore spotting since Tuesday morning......

Kez, sweety, I am thinking of you & praying with all my might that your HCG doubles tomorrow & they confirm that all is well with you. The fact that you feel pg is a good sign so go with that & believe in your body. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you & am sure all will be fine. Pls let us know as soon as you know anything & remember we are here for you. All the stickies I can muster have been sent your way.
    Bun & Missy - good luck with the testing you are both undergoing - hope you get the results you want. Bun, my advice for the festive season is - ENJOY yourself! I know I will be (not like I have in years past mind you) but I will be letting my hair down a little. As someone (Shan?) said you still have to live your life!!!!
    Hi to everyone else - it sure is quiet in here the last day or so!

Oh Kez, i'm hoping and praying that everything is fine. I'm sure it is. Fingers crossed hun, and i'm thinking of you...

Bun - Go for it love....i wouldn't binge drink either, but 3 or 4 won't hurt! Have fun..xxx

Well girls, the funeral was tough. DH was asked to be a pall bearer (sp???) and i think that was the hardest bit for me during the service coz i could see how hard he was trying to stop himself from completely loosing it. The burial was also really hard too, but all it all, it was a really lovely service. The only thing that really peeved me off was his parents who only spoke to me the entire day when they arrived at the church and i went and said hello and gave them a cuddle (we haven't seen them for two months). Even at the church when we were all walking out with the coffin, (with DH carrying it) i was by myself and was walking up to my IL's to walk out with them, and my MIL grabbed the had of DH's wife instead of mine and walked out with her....how bad did i feel...i already don't feel a part of their family, and i think that clinched it....anyway...i don't need that crap...so screw them...okay, i'll pop back tomorrow when my mood is better...

Oh...Lisa..thanks babe. Got it!!!!!

Shan, I am glad the funeral was as nice as could be expected - except fot the IL's, why do so many women have hassles with the IL's?? I can't believe they froze you out like that, ,sorry they did as it must have been hard enough without that being added to it all.

Hope all the tests are bringing back positive results, otherwise lets hope that 2007 is a 'positive' year for all of us!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast