Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ December 2006

Megan76 Guest

Hope - that's fantastic! I am so relieved and happy for you!! If you figure out how to do the ticker let me know and maybe i will be brave too!!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieT View Post

As for me, I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but what do you guys reckon? Its been 3 wks since our m/c and haven't seen af yet. We decided to get back to it straight away, hence last weeks big weekend. Our theory was its worth a try and if my body isn't ready yet it won't happen. BUT, Sunday I had twinges on my left side (like O pain) and this week I've had mild stomach cramps like af is coming but its kinda weird. This is exactly how I felt last time we conceived. Only time will tell but I wanna know now!!!

Hope everyone has a nice day.
    Hi Susie, I miscarried the same time as you and honestly think I may have conceieved again aswell! Guess we can twiddle thumbs together over the next week or so

Hi everyone just crashing the party here. I havent read back very far but I wish you all the best of luck ttc.

Linda

Lind Guest

Hi girls
    I have been sitting around at home all day waiting for the guy to come an put in our refridgerated ducted cooling.. the first tradie turned up at 7.30 this morning and only now have things started to be installed. (Mind you, the first tradie was really goodlooking and a really nice bloke! )
    Cinnamon & Susie- for you both..
    Hope- Wonderful news, take care of yourself!
    Thanks for making me feel normal girls, after my sook earlier in the week i'm feeling lots better..
    I think i O'd on CD16 and we were busy BD CD 13, 14 and 15 so i'm in with a bit of a chance I hope!! (couldn't do anything to seduce DH on CD 16, it was about 37 degrees and it was just way too hot!!:eek: )
    Since my m/c and getting the u/s results where they detected something on my left ovary i have been feeling sort of dull pains there most of the time over the last week or so on my left side.. but i also had this when I was pg too (or maybe I'm takling myself into it??) Anyhow, I am feeling kind strange, i have had a couple of dizzy spells and waves of this weird feeling i had when i was very early pg (kinda like dizziness but it floats over you in a wave and you feel like you can't move your arms etc, its really weird) i am trying SO hard not to over analyse this because I don't want to be too sad when AF arrives. I was talking to DH about it and he said, "well why don't you use one of thoses tests you have in the cupboard".. I love how simple some things can be for boys, I wish it was just that simple at 2DPO to get a +HPT

Hope you are all doing well

x

Hi

Hope I'm so happy that your scan went well. I bet you are a little bit relieved now.

Cinnamon, I'm sorry about your loss hun. I hope everything works out well for you and perhaps you do have a new little bean in there.

Susie, When will you test sweet? I really do hope you get a bfp soon.

LisaL Enjoy your party and bowls today. When will you be testing sweety???

Bun How are you??? I think everyone is different with 1st af. I know that with my 1st m/c, I got af exactly 4 weeks to the day after m/c and seemed quite normal for me and then with my 2nd m/c , af arrived 7 weeks later and was absolutely awfull. Was so heavy and yuk (sorry TMI).

Megan How are you and your little bubba doing? I hope all is going great for you.

Tanya I'll be stalking you to see if you test. I hope you get a bfp this time hun and know that I'm thinking of you as Saturday approaches:hugs:

MorganJ be sure to let us know when you test sweety. I hope you do get your bfp too.

Hi to all you other ladies. I hope you are well

Good Afternoon Girlies....

Hope - I'm so very pleased for you that your scan went well. Can't wait to see your ticker and glad to see you are starting to believe that it is actually happening.

Tanya - Fingers crossed for you hun. Not long to go now. When do you think you will test????? Good luck.

Susie - Fingers crossed for you too!!! When do you think you will test???? IKWYM about having the same sort of symptoms as when you were pg, i get that all the time, but i think it's just my mind playing tricks on me....i hope that's not the case with you though. Good luck hun..xxx

Morgan - Don't you just hate it when AF comes and you think 'Oh well, onto the next cycle' only for it to stop and then leave you wondering 'what if'??? When do you think you will test? Good luck and i hope it's a BFP for you....if not, maybe go and get some bt's done and find out what's happening.

Lisa - Hope you're having a great time at bowls. Where i used to live, there was a 'community bowls' comp every year and you would make up teams of 4 (but you could only have 1 member of the bowls club on your team) from a sporting group or business etc, and it would go over 8wks or something and the winners would get $500. The first year it was on, we put in a team from the Footy Club and we won against the RSL boys. It was good fun and we ended up donating the money to the RSL anyway. Back then there was only about 8 teams involved. Now days there is about 25 teams and it's taken off in a big way. A great social night out with a few drinks at the bar with the oldies afterwards, so i hope you are enjoying it, and a little tip (which is probably to late now) but.....watch that bias...hehehe

Bun - Mako is right, everyone is different. I bled a LOT after my m/c so my first AF was pretty normal, but i'm assuming all the brownish blood you are getting is just your system cleaning you out and getting rid of the old blood. If you do get really concerned about it, maybe speak to your gp or ob. HTH's..xxx

Megan - how are you lovely. Can't wait to see your ticker too...

Linda - Welcome to our little thread although i wish you didn't have to be hear. Good luck to you hun, and fingers crossed you do have a little bubba growning inside you. When do you think you'll test???

Lind - YAY at the cute tradie...heheh...I'm with you on the dizzy waves...i hate it. You feel so out of control for a few seconds hey. Good luck hun. I hope that this is it for you...Fingers crossed hey!!!

Mako - How are you doing hun???

Hi to everyone else, and hope you are all doing well...

Not much to report here. Still no sign of AF, no more cramping, still the sore bb's but starting to feel a bit heavier in the lower tum, so maybe AF is not far away....i hope not though... Also no more news on the job front. Haven't heard anything from the interview i had last week, so assuming now it's gone and nothing from the application i put in earlier in the week....so who knows. Maybe i just give up for now and start looking again in the New Year.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Afternoon ladies,

Lisa- I LOVE BOWLS!!! Hope you're having a fantastic time. Even if you've never played before its a great game. How'd you go getting the bowl to roll the right direction? It's trickier than you think!

Cinamon- glad to have someone to twiddle with. I thought I was nuts to even be thinking pg could be possible this soon after m/c but it sounds like we're in the same boat. Welcome aboard!! When are you going to test?

Lind - I have everything crossed for you hun. Sending you hugs.

Assuming my guestimated ovultaion was right I think we'd be 5d PO. how early can you test? I was thinking... assuming af doesn't show up I'd test the end of next week. The plot thickens!!

A big Hi to everyone else, nearly the weekend.... Yay!

Hi Girls, I want to know what you all think about those HPT's like First Reponse that say you can test from 5 days before your period is due & you DON'T have to use FMU. Has anyone used these before & are the results reliable? I bought some in the supermarket the other day but am not sure about them....It is so tempting to test as you all know. I guess it is best though to wait until I am overdue unless af turns up beforehand.
    It sounds as though a few of you are optimistic this month - hopefully there will be a rush of BFPs soon - just what this thread needs!!

Hi Mummyto1 I think the tests are very reliable although I only ever test after af is due. Thats me personally though. I know friends of mine who have tested upto 4 or 5 days b4 af is due and have turnned up a bfp and others who test b4 af and get a neg result and test after af would be due and get a bfp.I think some tests are more sensitive than others but I'm not sure which ones are. Good luck to you hun. When do you think you will test? I have my fingers crossed for you.

Ooohhh SusieT Good luck sweet. I hope you get a bfp too

Shan Don't you just hate the way employers just leave you swinging in the breeze wondering if you've got the job or not.

As for me I went for a job interview today and was told that I should know if I was successful to move on to the 3rd and final interview stage tomorrow. I'm on cd 6 and I think af is on her way out. I started my clomid lastnight so I'll have to start the b'd fest shortly Woohoo

Mako, thanks for the advice - I think the best thing is to wait until af is due & then test (I will probably test Saturday). Good luck on the clomid - I was onto cycle 4 of clomid when I conceived DS (now 20 months) so it is good stuff & hopefully will do the trick for you. My OB said if I haven't conceived again by April he will prescribe me clomid again but I conceived my angel baby without it whilst b/feeding so..... go figure!?!? ?Anyway best of luck to you too!!

Good Luck Mako....hope you get the job...xxx

Thanks Shan. How are you doin? Any news for you regarding jobs? I also said I wasn't going to apply for jobs before Christmas as the last one I missed out on because I won't be available to work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and Day.They didn't want much hey.

MummyTo1 I hope you get a bfp on Saturday sweet. I'm on my 6th and final cycle of clomid and 1st Metformin now. I really want this one to be the one IYKWIM. Otherwise we need to have IUI and I really don't want to do that as I know that we'll have to wait a while.

Hi All

I'm sending lots and lots and lots and lots of to everyone in here. I think we all need it.

Good luck Mako!!

Mummyto1.... I dunno about any HPT!! But I do know the earlier you test the more likely you are to get a false neg.

Shan, I can't believe you still haven't heard re: the job you went for!!

Thanx everyone for the luck for when I test and for the well wishes for Saturday too... Oh [email protected] that's tomorrow!! OMG! I would have been due to have a baby tomorrow!! *sigh*

Not much going on here... I have been peeing like a trooper tho! Fingers crossed it means something!!

Tanya
    Last edited by Tanya; December 8th, 2006 at 06:52 AM.

Mako, I really really hope the clomid does it for you this month. Thinking about moving onto the next course of action must be stressful. Plus none of us want to wait to get pg - we want it to happen yesterday to ease the pain a little.....
    Good luck to you too Tanya - I've been peeing a lot too but not getting up through the night like I was from the early days with DS. Aaarrgghhh, time will tell I guess. Good luck to all the other ladies as well.....

Good luck on both counts mako, the job sounds promising and the bd fest sounds fun so sounds like you're up for a fantastic weekend! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Tanya and Mummyto1, good luck saturday... ooooh, not long to go now, you guys are incredibly strong not testing sooner. I would've given in by now!! Fingers crossed for you guys and sending you loads of

8 hrs till the weekend... yay (and holidays start for me... double yay!). Have a great Friday ladies

Morning gals,

Just a v quick one to say:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TESTING THIS WEEKEND! WE NEED A MASS EXODUS GALS SO LETS GET THE PARTY STARTED THIS WEEKEND!

I dont have access to the pc over the weekend so i'll be dying to jump on here to see if we have any graduates!

OOOHH I am a bit excited about the testing Tanya and Mummyto1!!! I'll be logging on bright and early to get the low-down!
    Bun-- I had a very light first AF that only lasted three days after my m/c this time but I had a d&c. After my first m/c though I had a really heavy AF eventhough I'd had a d&c with that one too. So basically there is no normal, whatever you are experiencing is "normal". The brown is probably just the last to make it's way out as your cervix is closing.
    Mako-- All the best with the metformin this cycle. I really hope this is IT for you!!
    SusieT-- If you can hang out try to make it to at least 10dpo. I got a feint positive on two different tests at 9dpo but I think that is unusual. Try an OPK (if you've got some)-- apparently they detect a rise in a hormone that shows itself before HCG. It worked for me-- I did one at 7dpo (I think).
    Lisa-- I trust that Bowls was fabulous!! I've been a couple of times and kept getting in trouble for calling the bowls BALLS!! The oldies were not impressed!!
    Shan-- Don't give up on the job yet. You know what this time of year is like-- very hectic. They should let you know tho either way-- slackos!!
    As for me-- had a nasty experience with the "receptionist" at my ob.s rooms. I rang yesterday afternoon because I had forgot to ask if I could get a referral gor a 10 week scan-- so I can not stress over Xmas and New Year. I asked if she could pass on my request and she said-- "You've already had a scan why do you want another one?" I was so taken aback I said "Because I have a history of recurrent miscarriage and this is the period in which I lost the others" I shouldn't have said anything to her and just told her the DOCTOR knew my history. She went onto to say that he might not want me to have another scan and then she asked me how far I was now, etc. Basically it was none of her business and I'm really angry with myself that I didn't say something to her. I was short with my tone but I think I will definitely be making a complaint to my ob. as this is the second or third occasion she has been rude. I'm concerned to that she will be putting in her "two-bob" when passing on my request. What a biatch!!! I'm rather agitated-- can you tell??!!! :mad:
    Better dash BBL. xoxox

Hi girls,

Hope - what a horrible receptionist! You really don't need that at this time - pregnancy should be a happy occasion and that is no way to treat patients. I would definitely be making a complaint about her.

mummyto1 - I got a BFP at 12 DPO, but very faint, and that was on an early detection test.

Good luck to all the girls testing over the weekend! I look forward to lots of good news on Monday! I will be thinking of you all...

Hello to everyone else and have a great weekend!

Well, AF is over now, so I debating about whether to try this cycle or wait til the next.... My GP's advice was 'generally we say to wait three months for the endometrial lining to build up again before TTC again', so there was no specific reason for me to wait, just his general advice. The thing is, everything else I read says there is no reason to wait that long after a standard, early m/c. I really don't know what to do...

Megan76 Guest

GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THE TESTING AND BD'ING THIS WEEKEND!!

Hope - That is absolutely shocking service, i want to smack her out myself! Definately complain!!!!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast