Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ June 08

Hi Krystielove: sorry about af coming... & thanks for the advice about the anovulatory cycles, it did explain why my cycle is so weird - i didnt ovulate this cycle what a bummer, thought i had a good chance this time.. for ovulation & bfp next month!!! :goodluck2:

Vanaithi--My fingers are crossed that you see a temp jump--maybe you'll just have a late O this cycle. Have you considered trying vitamin B6, I started taking this 2-3 weeks ago because it seemed like my LP was too short. If your LP is too short (10 days or less) it can cause fertility problems and will be impossible for implantation to take place. Several of the BFP's that this thread has seen have been attributed to taking B6, so I figured it couldn't hurt! Also, have you had your estrogen and progesterone levels checked out, because that could affect a woman's ability to conceive? Good luck!

mollycat--Hope you're enjoying your stay at the Bay! I can't see your post, and don't want to check for the fear of losing this post, but when are you due to test? Seems like you've had a long cycle since I'm CD10 already, and we were cycle buddies last month! Praying hard that you end up with a BFP--then I'll let it slide that we aren't cycle buds anymore!

Krystie--Awww, so sorry about your temp drop! I remember after my m/c I had read that it was possible to conceive again without ever having another AF, and it gave me so much hope! Even though it didn't work out the way I had hoped, just having that hope that it was possible was enough to get me through. Because it's your first cycle after m/c, you body is probably still trying to sort itself out and get back to normal. I know that doesn't help in making you feel any better, but your body probably needs this time to recuperate--just like it would take time for your body to adjust back to normal after having the flu, or something--you never just pop back to normal right away. It's ok to let yourself feel sad and disappointed--but I'm proud of you that you're determined to move on and resume your positive energy for the next go-round! Besides, my b-day is in March, so it'll be a great month to have a baby! In fact, I went to another site where I could enter my last period, and it told me my fertile days, and O day (which is the same as the other 2--O due on 15th), but this one said if I get pg this month my approximate due date would be March 6--which is my
    b-day! Go March!!!

Jen how lovely of you to enclude me in your posts even though i dont post here anymore. I do read this thread on a regular basis but didnt think there was any point in posting because i will never get a bfp. Its been 12 months since my last m\c and we had spent 9 months of that, timing O, BD madly and buying 100's of pregnancy tests and opk's. Im done with all of that. I went to the doc and had blood tests and apparantly all is fine. She said im obviously just not ready for another baby yet????? yeah whatever.
    Im going to see Jason Jackson next month and that will be my last attempt, he is a naturapath with wonderful fertility results. So for now we just have fun and if it happens then it happens....alittle sad, i know, but i just cant torture myself anymore, im just not that strong. for keeping me in your thoughts though and sending babydust my way....that really blew me away.

hugs
    treelo

Hi everyone - i have been laying low cos i have been battling a bad case of tonsilitis. I am not much better and still need a couple of days to rest. I think of you all often and keep posted on what's going on but i think i just need time out over the next couple of days to kick this thing.
    Love to you all.

treelo! I knew you hadn't been posting, but was hoping you were still lurking! You're still thought of, whether you're posting or not. It's really good to hear from you! I'm sorry you're so down, and feeling the pressure of TTC--I know how disappointing it is to see those BFN's month after month! I wish you the best of luck with the naturopath--several of the BFP's in this thread have been a sworn result of seeing a naturopath! I think that a break is probably the best thing for you right now--especially since you're having fun, and just letting it happen without all the pressure of temping, charting, BD'ing on demand! Even without doing any of that, please know that you're always welcome here--you're still TTC and you're still like part of the family! My that your more laid-back method will result in a surprise BFP for you! Sending big and bucket loads of

plc--Yuk, sorry to hear of the tosillitis! You take it easy and get lots of rest!

hello ladies...

jen: no i havent tried b6, im taking conceive well & it has it in there, but i will go to the docs to get some tests & they'll find something wrong with me & fix it! & no temp jump for me, but i got a temp drop instead, it's down to 36.3 this morning... i know in my heart that there was no egg for me this time.. i will continue temping though, & buy a digital thermometer to compare the two therm's results. plus the digital one's faster.

afm: i've decided that i wont be posting for a while after this one... going to take a break as it makes me so obsessive about ttc & stressing me out... it'll help me not to think about it too often so i can relax a bit & maybe pop out an egg or 2 next month! i'll still be thinking of you lovely ladies! & sending lots of :goodluck2: to everyone. i will be back with something happy to tell everyone! & that if i do everyone here will be gone into the PAML thread!

see you all in PAML!!!

hi girls
    hope all of the aussie girls are enjoying the long weekend

Vanaithi, do what you need to do..if taking a break is what you need, than look after yourself and do it...this is such a difficult journey, and it does get very frustrating...look forward to meeting you in PAML soon !

plc: oooh, sorry about the tonsilitis..hope your better soon!

jen805: im praying for a birthday baby for you, wouldn't that be lovely! I calculated that if im pg now, the baby would be due on our wedding anniversary, so all fingers and toes are crossed for that, i think that would be beautiful...

Default sadness...

hi girls, me again.
    just needed to vent. Im just feeling really sad today. Im not sure why...i guess its because im on CD 27, and coming up towards D day ie AF or no AF...i just cant handle the thought of another BFN...i dont know when (or if) i ovulated this month. Last month i had a 39 day cycle..so im all over the place, and i dont even really know what is happening with my body at the moment...i just hate the not knowing...
    sorry about the me post but i just needed to let that out...thanks for listening ...

hey tina

big for you. so know how you feel...i finally caved and tested this morn and got a big big BFN. just sad because i have been having all these symptoms and i am so sick of my body tricking me into having hope when there is none...started feeling af cramps tonight so am guessing the wicked witch is not too far away

anyway i was supposed to be comforting you and instead have probably made you sadder!

just wanted to give you a big and know that i am thinking of you. hope you get a pleasant surprise and AF stays away.

Vanaithi--Awww, hun, I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide to do. You know what's right for you, so if a break is what you need, then I'm all for it. We'll sure miss hearing from you, but pray that when you return you'll be surprising us with a BFP! Remember that we're always here when you need us! Sending huge your way!

tina--Sending you a big as well! Sorry to hear your feeling so down! This whole TTC thing is hard enough without all the added complications of not knowing whether you've O or not! It was the same for me last month, so I know just how you feel. How thoroughly do you keep track of your cycle? Do you temp, or use opk's or anything like that to help shed some light on the situation?

pbstar--Sorry to hear about your BFN, they never seem to get any easier, do they? Got my and saying big that AF stays away!

AFM... Still been temping, but my body seems to have a mind of it's own! I'm only CD11, but continue to have watery CM--which started before AF, and seems to have continued on after AF. Decided to go ahead and enter it on my chart this morning, and of course, now it shows green meaning I'm already fertile. I just finished AF last week, could I really already be O'ing? It hasn't shown up on my chart yet, but then again I've only been temping for 5 days. Also noticed yesterday that my CP is high and soft--but that's how it was before AF came, as well! I wasn't due to O for another week, and haven't even tried out the preseed, so I'm really hoping my body is just tricking me right now, and I'm not actually O'ing yet. Guess I'll just have to see what my temp does tomorrow... and looks like I'll be molesting poor DF tonight--just in case! I doubt he'll mind!

One other question: I know the B6 helps lengthen LP, but could that be why it seems like I'm O'ing already? Thanks, ladies!
    Last edited by jen805; June 10th, 2008 at 02:01 AM. Reason: one more question!

tina k and pbstar for both of you.
    Treelo - for you too. Don't give up altogether. Your time will come. It's so frustrating when you see people around you getting BFP's and this is something you want. Never give up, just step back and have a little break, i'm proof that it will eventually happen, it took three years (and clomid) to conceive my second son and my angel was conceived after ten years of trying (and not trying, and trying and not trying). It's been seven months now since I lost my angel and I am wondering when? as well - I just don't have another ten years in me.
    Jen- who knows what our bodies are up to, just enjoy BD and hope for the best LOL. (get out another movie DF won't mind at all)

We had a lovely time at the bay (it's about an hour from here and makes a nice break). DH's friend looked after all the kids (his three and our two) and we went to the local tavern for dinner - very nice. The kids all got along with no arguments at all, they played nintendo wii for hours until they drifted off to bed, they were still tired from camping the night before. Then they all went fishing on Monday morning before we came home - didn't catch a thing.
    AFM - I'm not sure what i'm up to. My temps have looked good until this morning when i got a big drop (still above the coverline) but i'm guessing AF's on her way. Maybe next cycle will be better behaved.

It's time to go and wake my boys up for school, so i'll try and pop back in later.
    for everyone.

well girls, now i know why i was feeling so down yesterday...temp took a huge dive this morning back to baseline temps...
    gotta run to work, but looks like its going to be a bad week...

mollycat--Sounds like you had a nice trip to the bay--and even got some adult time away from the kids! The last time DF and I had time away from the kids was in January when he had his yearly dinner with his work! It's the only time every year that we get to go out on a "date", if you call a work-related dinner a date, though it's at least a free meal at a nice restaurant with no kids around! And I always order lobster, so it's a free expensive meal! Sorry to hear about the temp drop, fingers crossed it'll shoot back up tomorrow! Stay away AF!!!

tina--Sorry to read of your temp drop as well Sending you the biggest the biggest box of cyber chocolates, and the biggest cyber daquiri you've ever had! Hope you feel better soon!

AFM...I'm pretty sure that I'm already O'ing. Can't believe it at CD11, but I've got lots of watery CM--although if I'm correct, I'm pretty sure my cervix is closed, so I'm just not sure... now would someone mind checking my chart and telling me if I get another higher temp than the one I had on Sat., will it give me a coverline and show that I O'ed? I'm a little unclear as to when you get one--isn't it after 3 higher temps after your lowest temp, or something like that?

Hey smilanatu--I really hope you aren't anywhere near the flood zones. Are you getting any of that crazy weather that's causing all the flooding? you're in the clear! Hope things are well with you!

and thinking of you all!

Hi girls.

As i said in the TWW thread, looks like i wont be back here for a while. I got 2 BFN's this morning

I feel really crap about it too. Oh well.

Hope that i dont see any of you here when i come back and that you are all over in the PAML thread Good luck..

Abb

Sending you all tonnes of

It is wierd, I'm starting to feel I don't belong here, but also feel I don't belong in PAML thread yet, and definitely not in a belly buddies thread. Hopefully this is a good sign.
    I'm going to Perth on Sat to see my sister who is 34 weeks pgt. So it will be good to see the belly and talk baby stuff for a whole week.

Then when I get back I have a tour of the hospital on sunday and my first OB appointment on the 23rd. Strange we spend so much of our time wating for O then in the TWW. We get a BFP and all of a sudden were on the 8WW.

Still thinking of you all.

Hey Mel - I kinda feel the same way, have been posting in PAML but still don't feel like I 'belong' yet. Hoping to feel a bit more reassurance on Thu when I have my next scan. Enjoy your time in Perth with your sis. We still haven't told anyone yet.

Big hello and to all of you wonderful ladies. I don't want to come back here but I do miss you all and am checking up on you all every day almost. Showering you all with and happy positive vibes (will have to make up my own emoticon for that - hmmmm let me think).

2 more sleeps until my next scan. for that lil

AJC - Sooo good luck with your scan. Heres hoping that we are worrying for nothing.

Looks like quite a few of us are needing to vent, and I really feel the need as well...

I was really depressed about waking up with af yesterday, but was dealing with it ok and psyching myself up for this cycle. Then I missed a call from my obstetrician today and have just had a chance to listen to the message that was left. Apparently my hcg level indicated that I might be in the very early stages of pregnancy and they were asking me to have another test done this week. Does that mean I have lost another baby? Was it a really really early miscarriage? Or was it just that there was a small amount of hcg left from my angel's pregnancy? I thought my hcg level had dropped right down though so I'm just not sure. I tried to call my obs office, but they must finish at 4.30 or something because no one answered. I'll call them again tomorrow. AF is heavier than I've ever had before, but could that just be because it's my first af since I lost my angel?

Soooo confused and upset

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast