Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #4

Hi Jen, Megsmum, and Acria I hope that AF is not treating you too badly and that she'll soon be out the door for at least the next 10 months, it's about time we had some more BFP's in here, it's been really quiet for the last week.

Leyza - glad you could join us, but sorry you had to. This is such a supportive and funny bunch, so very helpful they have really helped me through for the last seven months, hopefully Af is not far away for you and August comes quickly so you can TTC again.
    PLC - everything is looking good for you, bet you can't wait until your next scan, should be able to see a proper shaped baby then.
    Issy - the extention is almost finished, the plumber and electician finished yesterday, the tiler should be back in today to finish up, the builder just has to put our screens on our windows and rehang the laundry door (I think then he's finished too). We need to paint one more coat on the room then we can bring in the big furniture. So far I've put in the day care stuff and started to fill up the kitchen. Then it's onto the old bathroom and old kitchen and stripping them out and starting again.

AFM - I can only hope we caught the egg, my temps are finally behaving themselves and looking good at the moment but I still have a week or so to go before I find out

For everyone I missed I must go and get everyone's lunches ready and head for the shower once again, it's almost time to start work, YUCK. It's raining here and I'll have three kids, ages 2, 3 and almost 2 stuck inside all day.

smilanatu - yeah looks like we are - i was 37 on the 18 may and just getting used to my age when my chinese year has me already rehearsing for my age next year - hahaha!! bump is ok but it really is just flabby guts at the moment - truth be told. As i am about 20 kilos overweight, I'm sure I will compare to a side of a house at the end of my pg (God-willing!!). How are you going sweet?

Acria - huge hugs my friend - u will get there!!!

mollycat - how you doin? I can't wait for the housewarming party!!!!

jen - I'm really not convinced about the girl - we'll see. I was convinced DS was a girl right up til they plucked a "him" out of me. GL with ur temps sweet - no need to be anxious - it's all good!

Hello everyone else - big hugs and lots of babydust and stickyvibes

Well, it is Day 9 of my third cycle after D&C. I was just gearing up to start TTC again, but started fresh bleeding last night, and this morning, with period-like cramping. Have managed to talk my way into an ultrasound this afternoon. Have any of you had weird bleeding like this so long after your D&C?

Feeling miserable and defeated. Just want things back to normal

Jen - you can use the rest of the PreSeed another time, but you cannot use the applicator twice. Maybe if you have a syringe (like what comes with cough mixture) use that the first time, so that you can use the applicator the second?

Plc - where is your ticker gone? And by the way, I have to say when ever people tell me they are pg, I immediately get this weird sense of what sex the baby is and with you I do feel a girl...I have not been wrong yet! Weird but true!

Mollycat - your reno's sound so exciting, I must admit im a bit jealous, I would love to be doing it right now, but just cant afford it atm. We have an enormous mortgage on our house as it cost us nearly 750k and is right by the beach, which means there is so very little money for reno's at the moment. We got a bargain really cause the houses around us are valued between 800k-1mil, but of course they are already renovated! Ours is going to have to stay 'shabby' for a while I think.

Wherethereshope - hey hun, sorry your fs was a bit of **** the other day. He was probably so put out by all your reading because it shows up his 'lack' of knowledge. And just to let you know, my fs highly recommends temping, so I say continue with it. I have heard that a lot of male ob/gyn/fs can be a bit detached from the emotions of ttc and pg, unfortunately they are trained to see everything medically, everything with a diagnosis and a medical treatment, and everything is black and white. Luckily my fs is a close family friend...he is always so supportive of everything and is the most gentle man I know. He prints out copious amount of info for me and discusses everything in detail. At least you know you can get some very useful advice from the wonderful ladies in here. I hope he doesn't make you feel so down next time.

I just read your last post - So sorry to hear your having a rough trot with your cycle this month, it can be so frustrating. I too had some mid cycle bleeding at about cd11 3 months after my d&c. Very strange! I went in for an u/s and fs told me there was some residual blood and tissue left, and because it was at the time of ov, my body was trying to shed the extra 'matter' in anticipation for implanation (of the egg I was getting ready to release). Maybe this is what your body is trying to do??? Im so sorry this is happening hun, take care of yourself

Smilanatu - sending you loads of GL for this cycle

Jodsan - Good luck with the exams - YUCK! I never did do very well with exams, I think the pressure shuts me down. But as you said, at least it will keep your mind of the tww. I hope you get a nice end of exams surprise!

Big hello to our preggie friends -

Mel, Canary, AJC, plc, mmteacher, rainbowgirl, seenabeena, Katiegirl, Anthonysmom, nickster, JMG, Trac, Magda, ll80, kbowman

hope you are feeling well and enjoying your pg. Always thinking of you ladies and wishing all the luck in the world for a happy and healthy pg.

And to everyone else - Natty, mollycat, Acria, megsmum, Antheia, pbstar, jen, SaraJane, KrystieLove, jenushka, tina, Abbey, bettyboop, smilanatu, tempus, treelo, Jodsan, tutmae, Angel babies, Cierasmummy, karan, Vanaithi, Toccara, LizJessie, WTH, Mazibelle, Leyza (gosh I hope thats everyone !)

Im sending you loads of and a shower of .

Issy

Issy - thank you so much, sweet.
    My head is very scattered this morning and I was hanging to hear back from someone. You always say the right things! Can I ask when you had the US after 3 months with the residual bit diagnosed, did they tell you to do anything - medication or another darned D&C? Was it still safe to TTC that month? A similar thing happened to me 6 weeks after my D&E last Sept, only the spotting was more often. Turned out to be a tiny 1mm clot. They considered another procedure, but said to see if it would come out itself with the next period. Another D&C feels so extreme!

Hi WTH - FS told me that it should all clear out with the next AF which I was to expect in 2 weeks and it did arrive 2 weeks later, but was a little lighter than usual, Im guessing this was because of the mid cycle bleeding. He said that I probably wouldnt conceive that cycle simple because my uterine lining was shedding (which begins the transition back to oestrogen I believe?) at the same time as it was supposed to be producing higher levels of progesterone to support implantation, therefore although the bleeding would not have effected ovulation, it would effect the conditions in the uterus (wrong hormone present). He explained to me that a D&C would be unnecessary simply becuase it was a job my body could do itself naturally and the D&C would just put us back further. I just had to sit it out and wait, and start ttc again after AF arrived. It was a set back and was very frustrating and upsetting. Talk to your fs and see what he recommends, but I would say it is just your body trying to get rid of something that will hinder its chance of conception. Also, my fs did explain to me that it is not impossible to fall pg during a cycle with mid-cycle bleeding, but that the chances are decreased somewhat. So try and stay positive and I hope you get the answers you need. Huge for you hun, Im thinking of you.

Issy

How weird is this....

'Definite answers about a pregnancy, new baby or the status of a special child in your life are hard to come by. In the meantime listen to what your heart is telling you'.

My horoscope today - freaky!

Issy

Hello Ladies

It had been forever since i have last posted but let me tell you all i have been lurking and reading what everyone is up too.

to all the newies i hope you stay is a short and supportive one...

for all the ladies in TWW and keepign fingers crossed for some BFP

for everone else.

AFM - I have just this morning been for my 12 week NT scan. Everything appears to be good but have to wait for bt results to find out the full story. Today they also told me that the scan showed that i was 13 wks and 3 days not 12 wks and 3 days. Bub appears healthy and everything is well. It was bouncing around alot and not co operating at all (just likes it's sister).
    I have also been on the Chinese Charts to find out what this one might be even though i do have a feeling. It said that this one is a girl and according to it it was also right about my daughter. But the interesting thing it did show was that all my miscarriages have been boys which is pretty spiny as i always believed that the reaon i kept m/c was that i couldn't carry boys. I guess we will find out at the end if it is a girl but most of my girlfriends, sister and my daughter believe it is a girl. We will just have to wait and see. I really hope it is as i have the most beautiful clothing from my daughter that it will be able to wear plus i know what to do with girls.
    Well i think i need to thank everyone for their support over the past few months and really helping me through some tough times. I think that now that i am possibly into my second trimester it is time for me to move on the the PAML thread. I will still be lurking and waiting for more BFP's and hoping that you will all join me soon.
    Take Care everyone and thankyou

mollycat--Glad to hear your temps are behaving! So the reno's nearly done, but you still have to redo the old kitchen and bath? And I though you were about done with it all! Hope the kids are behaving for you--it's terrible when you've got to keep them locked indoors due to rainy weather!

plc-- and sending big

WTH--So sorry about the bleeding and that you're feeling so miserable! Hope the u/s gives you the answers you're looking for! Thanks for the tip about the preseed! Let us know how your appt. went. Take care, hun.

issy--Oooh! I like your horoscope! You should cut it out and save it--just in case!

Hey Trac, we must have been posting at the same time. It's really good to hear from you--it's been a long time! Congrats on your u/s--sounds like your little one is happy and healthy! I wish you the best and hope you enjoy your transition to the PAML thread. Keep us posted on how things progress with you!

issy- oh my god, what a horoscope! ooo how exciting! what star sign are you? i am always trying to read baby/pregnancy things into mine no matter what they say...but there's nothing ambiguous about yours today!

hello ladies.. hope everyone is well!

LEYZA: & sorry for your loss. hope your stay isnt long! but while you're here i hope you enjoy it & find the support you need!

krystielove: im taking blackmores conceive well atm, i've stopped taking elevit as i dont think it has enough nutrients... ive only just tried the conceive well, hope it works... ok so im going to start eating heaps of bananas now to attract the boy spermies! Goodluck with your little girl!

megsmum: thanks for the GL! i sure could use some! could you explain a bit about clomid? im a bit curious... thanks in advance!

issy: im trying to relax, but its so hard! i have people telling me im thinking about it too much & just relax & dont think about it & then bang it happens! ive ovulated this morning i think. my temps went from 36.3 to 36.5 & its about mid cycle. dh got me last night as he doesnt realise that you dont have all month to conceive & he's not trying hard enough even though he says he does want a bub... im complaining again... sorry... but if it doesnt happen this month im going to book us for a vacation to help me relax... but anyways, you're prg? did i congrat u yet? well CONGRATS! & praying its a sticky bub!

Acria: sorry about af... i think it gets weird after m/c... i thought i maybe was last month, so stopped bd but it turned out i stopped when i was oing??? but yeah... good luck for the next time...

Jen: goodluck with your temping & preseed! as for the kinky movies, im thinking of buying a little tv & dvd player for our room! we live with my family atm - there's now 8 people living here & 4 dogs!!! we're not planning to move out until after we have a business... but yeah seriously going to buy a dvd player for our room...

Mollycat: GOODLUCK

WTH: a big for you! sorry you're feeling down... hope your cycle sorts itself out soon! about preseed again... where exactly do you have to apply that you need an applicator? i thought its just like lube, where you put it on the banana & around ur thingy??? so you have to put it on your cervix???

Issy: :goodluck2: back! that horoscope sounds promising!

Issy - what a great horoscope - hopefully it comes through for you.

Jen - the extension part was only the first step. the rest is up to us (not the builders) so it will probably take forever. We're stripping out the old kitchen and bathroom and make a bedroom and ensuite in there, then we have to strip out our bedroom and re-line the walls (they are old horse hair plaster - about 50-60 years old and caved in), when that's done we need to move the boys out of their room and do the same to their's. Then they get their own rooms (maybe they'll be old enough to move out before it's finished) LOL.

Trac - glad your NT scan went well. It's wonderful that you feel it's time to move on, just don't forget to pop in every now and then, hopefully we can all join you and the other girls soon.
    WTH - sounds like my cycle, two weeks ago I had mid-cycle bleeding (my gyno said it's just breakthrough bleeding) last for four days and was just like AF. Really frustrating, just when you think you know what is due to happen, someone comes along and changes it all.

So far the kids haven't been too bad, there are toys everywhere, oh well, doesn't matter, have a new one started today, you'd think shes been here for ever, I'd bettter get off here and go and read a story, sing a few songs, pack up lots of toys, feed the little darlings and pop them into bed (hopefully for a few hours). I need to finish moving stuff from the old kitchen into the new one.

WTH - I had mid cycle bleeding (started about CD10 I think from memory) one cycle about 4 months after my D&C. And the cycle only lasted for 16 days too - it was really really wierd. It hasn't happened again, so I can only guess that it was a one off - I just don't really know what happened, my clinic think that maybe my hormone levels just didn't quite get there that month but to me that still doesn't explain the bleeding. My temps did indicate that I Oed that cycle though. Maybe you are just having a strange cycle like I did and its not anything retained at all? I hope you get some answers from the u/s and that your FS is nicer to you today. Sometimes I think men just don't get it KWIM ? But it's no excuse really I know.

Vanaithi - Clomid is a drug that it used to make you ovulate, although it my case it is being used at a low dose to just increase the hormone levels. The clinic nurse says that I should get an extra follicle on it, which will mean that I produce more oestrogen, which in turn should increase my progesterone levels and along with progesterone pessaries hopefully fix this stupid short LP problem that I have. I believe it acts by tricking your body into thinking that it is not producing enough oestrogen. Hopefully with the IUI as well giving DH's swimmers a helping hand, we should have some luck soon

Hello to all you other lovely ladies, hope you are all having a nice day
    Last edited by nicjay; June 4th, 2008 at 01:00 PM.

Megs Mum - that 16 day cycle does sound weird. I would love for this to be a one-off, but a similar thing happened to me last cycle. That is why I was at first thinking it might be hormonal. But Issy's theory also gels...

Mollycat - on what day of your cycle did the breakthrough bleeding start? For me it was Day 8 of a 28/29 day cycle. I had not heard of breakthrough bleeding and googled it: they defined it as happening to women on BC or taking hormonal supps, which I am not. Curious about what your FS said...

Vanaithi - yes, PreSeed is like lube, only sperm friendly. I think you apply it inside so that everything is coated, including the cervix entry, to help those spermies on their journey. BTW - it does get sticky after a while, and they recommend to get things sorted in 15 minutes, so would apply it when you are ready for the grand finale.

Jen - thanx! I have been charting on FF - was thinking I might link mine to my signature. Is it tricky and technical? I noticed in a BB entry in the past someone tried to do it and it brought up the reader's chart instead, so I have been putting off doing it.

Issy - thanks for all your info and support. I guess even if we did try this cycle the lining would not be so great so might be a bit risky to TTC. What a fantastic horoscope!

AFM - Well, the minutes are ticking down to 3.30 US appoint. It is not with my FS, just a local US clinic. Could not fit into the good gyno US clinic for weeks so am hoping this backup knows what they are doing! Depending on what happens, I may have a hysterscopy and laproscopy (forgive my spelling) as early as tomorrow. Ho hum.

WTH - bleeding started on day 16 (should have been O) carried on for four days. Gyno wasn't worried, sent me for day 21 test which showed I didnt O then, FF showed I O'd on 30/5. My cycle is usually 26/28 days. This one is now on day 34. I am also on tamoxifen which is used the same as clomid, I have pcos and endo.

Leyza - I am very sorry about the circumstances that have brought you to this thread, but I am so pleased that you have found us. Like you, I was not sure if I belonged here, but I have not regreted joining this thread for a moment. All I have felt from the ladies in here is there immense understanding and support.

We have all come here for the same reason and have some understanding of what each other is going through, and I find it so comforting to know that we are not alone.

There is no right or wrong way to grieve for the loss of your twins, so do what you feel you must and take as much time as you need to heal.

I know how you feel about wanting to TTC again because I also wanted to try straight again. I'm currently in my first TWW since I lost my angel. I found waiting for ovulation to start again excrutiating, and it was only about 5 weeks I had to wait. Because you have had twins and you got to 11 weeks, you may find that your hcg level is still quite high and might take a number of weeks to drop to a level that allows you to ovulate. It may be August before it happens anyway, so try not to be too upset about having to wait because of the rubella injection. I got upset about having to wait, but it made me feel better when I thought of the slow drops in hcg being my bodies way of grieving the loss of my angel and healing itself in preparation of our next precious bundle.

I hope that you stay in our thread with us and that your TCC journey only gets better from here.

To everyone else - I hope you are all doing well and I will come back tonight with persies

Hi girls,
    I don't post in this thread however I am on here for SaraJane. She sent me a text message to let me know why she hasn't been on BB for a few days now, her internet service at home was cut short before she even moved house (they haven't moved just yet) so she's out of service for at least 10-20 days and very annoyed about it!!! She also said she had a nice high temp this morning so she's feeling a little hopeful about it anyway......

She asked me to tell you girls.

*sneaking out now!*

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast