Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #4

Hi ladies, one day til O for me, then the dreaded TWW again. At least I have exams to keep me busy this month.

Jen - I must admit I dont get it either. Apparently your moon signs has nothing to do with your lunar return. I haven't worked out why yet, but mine is way different too. Just go on the Jonas calculation, which sounds like it's O day, so apparently gives you an extra super duper chance.

Bettyboop - Sorry yesterday was such a difficult day for you. The way I try to view it is that everyone else deserves their little miracles too. I realise it must be a really difficult time since you would've had your bubs now. But, at least your cycles are all happening now and you are finally in with a real shot. It sounds to me like you've probably O'd on CD19, my boobs (mostly nipples) are always pretty sore for a couple of days afterwards. Hopefully FF will give you an indication over the next couple of days. Good luck for this cycle.

Megsmum - Sorry to hear about AF and that you are going to have to go on clomid, I know you didn't want to. But your FS did recommend it so he obviously thinks it will help. Anything that helps has gotta be good, and hopefully you wont have to be on it for long anyway

to everyone else!!

Hi you gorgeous bunch of girls I hope you are all doing well.

I went away over the weekend and have just managed to catch up on all your posts!

One of my bosses' parents have a little cottage b&b on their farm near Wilson's Prom, and for my engagement all my work buddies put in to get us a couple of nights out at the cottage. We finally went this weekend (after being married for more than 2 months, lol) and it was really lovely. The cottage was the cutest little thing ever, and my bosses parents were just the sweetest people ever! We spent Sat doing some sightseeing around Wilson's Prom, and Fish Creek and Walkerville and we just had a really nice and relaxing time.

It kind of took my mind off the tww, but I still had my trusty thermometer with me, lol. Temps have been really nice and high though, so I'm happy at the moment. Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't drop for 9 months!!

I'm not sure if I will do a hpt though. I'm worried about getting a false negative because the hcg from the silent misscarriage took so long to drop. I did get one negative test before I ovulated, but what if it was a dodgy test? I just don't want to get a positive and then be disappointed.

I have my post-op appointment on Friday with my ob though. I'm hoping he might be able to do a scan to see if I'm pregnant... Does anyone know how early he would be able to see a baby with an internal u/s if I was pregnant? I would only be 3w5d on Friday if we have been lucky enough to conceive...

I have to run off to work now, but I'll come back later for some persies (I'm sure there will be lots because you have all been so busy!!!)

Hello Ladies!

Jen: i am not sure where my cervix is actually! when i check for it in the evenings its all soft & squishy in there so i have no idea whats what.. i should be o'ing tomorrow according to ff... sorry about evil af visiting you! & ACRIA too! i hope its the last time you both will get af for the next 10 months!

Bettyboop: sorry about you feeling down the other day. my dh & i went to a farewell a few weeks back. there were babies everywhere! well not really just 2 or 3 tots & a newborn & a preggie lady... dh & i didnt stay long & it made us sad afterwards...

JEN: wat is preseed & can i get it in australia? i have a prob with cm.. not enough of it. i should be o'ing tomorrow. but its still dry! maybe i should try this preseed.

as for me: im feeling down today & yesterday... dh & i was supposed to bd last night but he said he was getting a cold. made me so ! he promised we was going to try harder! & thing is, he got himself sick yesterday anyway by doing car stuff when its not necessary yet & IN THE COLD OUTSIDE WHEN ITS FOGGY & FREEZING! we were going to try this month & im very frustrated that he's causing us to miss the eggie!!! made me angry all day today. im too stressed out anyways, so we'll prolly miss the egg anyways...

well anyways, :goodluck2:

Acria- I'm sorry about AF
    issy- yeah, I would definatly recommend acupuncture and chinese medicine, it's awesome!! I went off the pill last june and my cycles were really long and crazy and never went back to normal. We were TTC for 8 months and I finally decided to try AP and he made me O earlier than usual and I got my BFP that cycle!! So I really think it works!! Good luck! for the TWW, not much longer to go now!
    jenushka- yeah, I didn't expect the acupuncture to be that effective straight away! crazyness! Oh, great that you'll be away for some of the TWW, a distraction is always good! The waiting kills me!
    bettyboop- sorry you're feeling down. hmm....I can't make sense of your chart but your temps are really high so you must have o'd, when do u reckon?? I hope that temp drop yesterday was implantation.
    jen- crikey, you're so good at remembering everyone in the thread!! I can never keep track, lol.
    mollycat- yay for O!! Hope you caught it!
    pbstar- aww...no probs hun Glad to hear you're feeling better now! Half way through the TWW!
    megsmum- sorry about AF coming, glad that you have made a decision as to what to do now and your bfp is not too far away.
    Jodsan- hope you're getting plenty of BDing in!!
    Krystie- Was wondering where you were!! Good to hear you had a good time away! looks like your temps have gone up nice and high like mine now too. Yay! Hope this is our month!! It would be nice to be pregnant again already, but I'm also scared if I am, what about you??
    Vanaithi- the fact that you can't feel your cervix and that it's all soft is good, that's what it's supposed to be doing around O time! Yay!! You can get preseed from lullaby conceptions, just google it. Good luck catching that egg!

Well, my temps have stayed high, was worried it was just a once off but no. Yay! I have changed to a new internet provider for when we move on the weekend and it won't be on for around 20 days, ahhhhh........how will I survive!!!!!!!!

megsmum - sorry about AF (and headache to boot!!). Please keep in touch - remembering you can still hang in here as I do. I do hope you get all the support & answers you need on any other thread as well. GL sweet

issy - how u doin hun? i really appreciated ur beautiful words to me in ur earlier post!! I am also a great advocate of acupuncture - i truly feel it helped my body to get in good nick to be able to conceive.

hello everyone else - big hugs!!

thankyou you so much,so great to have your support.

Default catch up

well hello everyone,
    ive been away in Sydney for the weekend, and its so hard to catch up with whats happening with all of you! ill try my best!

sarahjane: 20 days! dont know if i could survive! glad to hear temps are still high..fingers crossed for you.
    vanaithi: sorry to hear that DH wasnt in the mood, i know how frustrating that can be when O time is limited. I think DH and i missed O this month as i was away, but i forgot my thermometer, so who knows when i O'd.
    krystielove: ooh, the cottage sounds wonderful, just what the Dr ordered in this terrible TTC journey, glad you enjoyed it.
    megsmum: so sorry you are feeling so crappy. I really wish you all the best on your TTC journey, whichever way that may be. Please still pop in and keep us updated on how you are.
    pbstar: glad your feeling better about things, its such an exhausting journey, isnt it!
    jen805: how are things going for you? your always so lovely in your concern for everone else, and you didnt tell us how you are doing!
    jodsan: good luck with the exams , as well as the BDing, hope you catch the little guys!!!!
    hello and big hugs to everyone else!
    As for me: not sure where im at. I was away from hubby CD 15-18, and im pretty sure that that was when i Od. So im a bit stressed out, but there is nothing i can do about that...i also didnt take my thermometer, so i have no idea whats happening, guess ill have to wait and see. dont even know when or how long the 2ww will be...all we can do is cross our fingers and

Vanaithi - I never have any clue what my cervix is doing, so I totally sympathise with you! I can always feel mine, but can't tell if it's open/closed, hard/soft or high/low. When I was pregnant I found out at my scan that I have a retroverted uterus (apparently 1 in 4 woman have it), and I've wondered whether that might make it harder to analyse...
    I hope that you DH is feeling better and up for a little hanky-panky-baby-making tonight! I'm sure you haven't missed the boat yet

Acria - So sorry that AF came after so many promising symptoms

SaraJane - Yes I am also terrified about being pregnant. I want to be pregnant again more than anything in the world, but I'm so scared that something will be wrong again. I'm hoping that the ob will be able to do a scan and make me feel better if I am pregnant. I know some people don't like to get to many ultrasounds, but I would have one everyday if I could!!!
    Oh, and it's freaky how similar we are! We both experienced a loss about the same time, ovulated around the same time, both have seen an acupuncturist, both ovulated from the left this cycle, our temps both spiked about the same number of DPO... Are you me?! Hehehe.

BettyBoop - I had a peek at your chart and wish I could give you some advice, but I would really just be guessing. My average temp before and after ovulation seems to be different to yours (apparently I'm cold-blooded, lol). I hope your body gives you some answers soon!

tina_k - I hope your trip to Sydney was as relaxing as my little trip. Was it for work or pleasure? I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you that you get a little BFP surprise at the end of your mystery tww

megsmum - I'm sorry that you are feeling crappy, but I definitely think that there is nothing wrong with admitting that you are having trouble falling pregnant. You are a strong and healthy woman and have made a huge and important decision in your TTC journey and I think that you should be proud of your determination to create a little miracle.
    If you decide not to post as much in this thread I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and I hope that you will only have to have one month on clomid to conceive your precious bundle.

Jenushka - Nothing wrong having a bit of a "juvenile day" hehe. I have them everyday!

pbstar - Sorry I wasn't around to give you a few comforting words, but I'm very happy that you are feeling better today. Finger's crossed for testing time

Mollycat - So glad you ovulated and your house is sounding fabo!! I love the idea of timber floors too. I rented a house once with timber floors and I adored them. They were cold in winter, but I didn't care because they were soooo puuuuurdddy!!

JEN - I just want to squish you!! You are just such a sweetheart and always have the right thing to say to everyone!

mollycat-- BIG cheer for O!!! Better late than never! Lot's of BFP prayers are coming your way! I wish I could convince my DS to get a haircut! Most of the boys here in the town we live have long, goofy hair like they're from the 60's or something--or was it the 70's? lol... I'm a little too young to know, but you get the drift!

pbstar--Thanks, hun! AF being much easier on me now! I'll be so happy to take you all camping with me--I have to make that call today so it can all gone done in time. I just can't imagine being gone for 5 days without you all. Hope things are great with you!

jenushka--Ok, now I'm curious, how does one "apply" preseed? Are you calling me a role model? I'm typically a horrible warning of how you don't want to be! Usually I tend to be a pessimist--picture Eyore, that's me--but somehow the strength of the women here bring out all my positive vibes!

megsmum--Sorry to hear about AF, no wonder you have a headache! the Clomid helps bring you a BFP very soon!

Jodsan-- Woo hoo for O! Get ready for some hanky panky, it's time to make a baby! I decided to check the Jonas calendar to see how accurate it was with my DS's. First I did the Chinese gender prediction thing with my son's b-days so that I had an estimate of the date they were conceived. My oldest was spot-on the day that the Jonas calendar said I was fertile. My younger son was about 2 wks. off--BUT both were supposed to be boys, and obviously that part was right! So I decided to see what I would be having (supposedly) if I get pg in June--and it said a girl!

Good luck catching that egg!

KrystieLove-- Ooohh, the cottage sounds so nice! And how sweet of your friends to make it all possible for you! Good luck with your post-op appt. on Friday--is there any chance you could get your BT done a little earlier so that they already have those results for that appt. instead of having to wait? Otherwise, you'll probably have to get through the weekend without knowing where your hcg levels are. BTW, I'm hoping you want to squish me in a nice way--not like a bug! lol... I'll take it as a big cyber-squish-hug! Thanks!

Vanaithi-- you sound like me about the cervix position! But I do have to say that I was able to figure it out last week and could definitely tell where it was then. As soon as AF bails, I'm going to check again just so I can tell the difference. Preseed helps with CM, and also helps keep those all powerful alive longer because it's supposedly like EWCM,which is the type of environment that helps keep them going. Lubricants and even saliva apparently deplete and kill off the little spermies--can you believe the horror? Good luck if you decide to try it--couldn't hurt at least!

SaraJane--Yay on high temps, hope they stay that way! Good luck with the move this weekend. Wow, can't believe you'll be without the internet for 20 days! At least all the cleaning and unpacking will make the time go by much quicker, but you'll definitely be missed! Maybe you'll surprise us all with a BFP announcement when you come back!

bettyboop-- I'm praying you get some answers soon! Wish I knew more about charting so that I could help you out.

tina--Glad to see you're back from Sydney, hope it wasn't all work and you got a little play out of it! I can sympathize with your feeling lost--that's how much of my last cycle was for me! I'm sure you'll get it all figured out. Thanks for asking about me AF almost gone, and waiting on preseed and thermometer. Also started taking B6 about a week ago, so if I end up with a BFP at the end of this month, I won't know what it was that helped--but I guess it won't matter then! Fingers crossed!

Gotta get the kids ready for school so I'll be back later! This is my last Monday of school for the summer!!! Only 3 days of school left till summer break-- woo hoo! Have a great day--and a great sleep for those Aussie gals!

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...mine was great! I'll try to catch up and do some personals later.

Good morning smilanatu! Can you believe it's Monday again? Good luck with your TWW-- I'm that it's quick and ends with a BFP! Have a great day!!

tina- I know, I don't know if I can make it without the internet for that long!!!! lol. At least I won't have any excuse not to unpack! aww....bummer you were away from DH at O time
    krystielove- me too, I'm so scared of losing it again and that I've done the wrong thing by being pregnant straight away or something. I wonder what the Dr would say?? She told me to wait a cycle. Oh well, I probably don't even have to worry about it, it took us a while last time I can't see it happening straight away now. I hope the Ob does an ultrasound for you or something!! hahaha, it is weird how the same we are, yes, I am impersonating you!
    jen- Thankyou, I know, I will try to send you mental messages about where I am upto. lol, I will probably sneak into DHs work when I pick him up and check BB, I'm so addicted. Oh I was just reading about ur summer break and thinking what the? Then realised you aren't in Aus, lol.
    smilinatu- Morning!

I can't believe it's June already, omg, halfway through the year...and then that makes me sad, I expected to be well and truly pregnant by now

Anyways, my temp went down this morning, it's an implantation dip, I had that when I got pregnant so hopefully it goes straight back up tomorrow! Jeez TTC is so annoying, you never get an answer to anything straight away, it's always waiting waiting waiting ahh...

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Hey Jen - i checked with the Chinese chart before i got pg that if i conceived in April, June, July or August it would be a girl and if i conceived in May it would be a boy. So as I conceived in April I think it may be a girl. But I thought I was having a girl with DS and the Chinese chart said so too and that was obviously wrong. Also the chart was wrong with my mum - she was meant to be a boy. The needle and thread said when i was pg with DS that i was going to have a boy then a girl - the girl indicator was very strong. But I have done it again this time while pg and it is really inconclusive for both DS and this pg so I might wait a bit to do it again.

Hellooo Ladies!

SaraJane: if only we have a clearer indication of when we're fertile! i have a saliva tester but that's been ferning all the time so it's not right! & this cervix thing is all over the place! i read that its supposed to feel like soft lips when you're fertile. if im fertile now it feels nothing like soft lips! all over place i say! is your temp supposed to dip before imlantation? GOOD LUCK with it & hope it is for you! my temp has dipped again its now 36.30 from 36.45 yesterday. is this ovulation dip?? so many dips!

Jen & SaraJ: im going to google it today & purchase some! if only i knew about it earlier! im so dry its not funny! might be too late now, but i'll put it to good use next time round! (hopefully won't have to!)

Jen: well its been pretty squishy down there lately. so i hope it means good theres still a chance! GOOD LUCK with the next round!

Krystilove: if its high then you wont be able to reach it & your finger cant go high enough? & if its all squishy & mushy in there then i guess its a good sign to start bding! but if its low then when you poke in there there'll be like a barrier. that sounds right.

then if you know its around o time, check your cp first & if its high & squishy then its time to do it! about your uterus - i know its harder to get pregnant if its inverted... but the cervix shouldnt be a prob should it??? sorry im not helping! we did bd last night! dh called & asked if im upset at him yesterday while i was at work & promised we'd dtd cos its a chore! geesh! & he wants a bub just as much as i do but doesnt seem to try enough! men!

myself, i should be oing today... my temp went down so im hoping that it'll be the day tomorrow. this ttc thing drives me nuts!

anyways back to work! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :goodluck2:

Just popping in to spread some for everyone!!!

Got some really good hcg results yesterday so still going well. 9 sleeps till we see bubba again.

There was a thread yesterday 'you know your addicted to belly belly when....' - anyway I decided to reply to that one in here because it affects Jodsan. More of my extremely vivid dreams.... I had a dream last night that I logged on to bb this morn and there was a post from Jodsan saying she had a BFP! So I just had to visit today and send you ALL lots and lots of babydust!!!! I hope it's a good sign for you Jodsan .

HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU AJC! & have you been dreaming of what ur bub's going to be? i heard its the opposite to your dreams! so keep popping in i'd love to hear about how ur bubs doing! & let us know about your dreams & whether it corresponds with ur scan (if you want to know what sex ur bub is) GOOD LUCK!

AJC - Really hope you're psychic!! I'm pretty sure I O'd this morning at about 8am, so hopefully the process is beginning. So happy your hcg is good, this bubba is a strong one, I'm sure it's all going to go great. Bet you're hanging out for the next scan.

Vanaithi - Yeah, you should get a dip b4 you O, you will probably O later today. If you are having trouble with checking for signs with your cervix, another sign is your lymph nodes in your groin. Usually the lymph node on the side that releases the eggs gets a little inflamed and sore (just feels like a little round lump). This always happens for me, its pretty easy to detect.

Plc and Jen- Yeah, I'm not that confident with the chinese chart. I think it says 80% accurate, so its probably just an 80% chance of conceiving the sex that the chart says. It was right for Aiden, but I haven't researched any further than that.

SaraJane - Got my fingers crossed for implantation dip!

Hey everyone else!!

AJC - I like ur dream - woohoo Jodsan - without pressure, let's just cross all our fingers and toes for you very very quietly

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast