* child mentioned *
Dear ladies
I hope you do not mind my joining your thread. I have been lurking on various forums since my MC on March 31 trying to learn what I can from people who have been through the same sad situation.
I am 37 (almost 38) and was fortunate to fall pregnant and have a trouble-free pregnancy giving birth to DD at 35. Because of the 3rd & 4th degree tearing (sorry TMI) DH and I were told to hold off delivering for another for 2 years. So we tried again last year and again conceived, only to lose the baby in September to a Trisomy just before 14 weeks. I had a D&C and it took a long time for my body to recover. We were told we were unlucky and to try again, managing a BFP early this year. Everything was going well, though there were unexpained high progesterone levels at the start. We saw a perfect HB at 7 weeks. Just after 10 weeks via ultrasound my OB said the baby had stopped growing at 8.5-9 wks. I was sent to have a D&C. This time my recovery was very quick. AF, though only two days, returned bung-on 28 days. We did BD last Sunday (Day 7)and it caused spotting - don't know if I should be concerned. So here I am on Day 11, after this first AF, charting, really keen to TTC, but my OB says if we do not wait for a 2nd cycle, I will have 3 times the miscarriage risk! I have googled and googled and the advice I keep coming up with seems to be just to wait for one cycle. My OB said it was to do with hormones in the follicles.
Also, this may sound a little premature, but we are about to embark on IVF with PGD. While we have been able to conceive I am really worried about the quality of my eggs.
Sorry to have laboured on, and I realise you are not doctors, but I would value your take on this. Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks!




I also decided to see an acupuncturist. So i wasn't exactly in the same situation as you and I'm obviously not a doctor. I don't want to intrude on ur choices (cos they are to be respected) but could you still TTC naturally cos obviously you can conceive but perhaps consult a natural therapies or chinese medicine/acupuncture specialist to make sure ur body is in good nick? For example, in chinese medicine the kidneys and spleen are extremely important for conception - kidneys for the quality of eggs and spleen for holding the baby up so to speak. My kidneys weren't the best and i have had several ap treatments and my kidneys have improved so much. I recently received a BFP (positive pg result) and I believe it has a lot to do with the subtle yet effective treatment I have been receiving. I realise I still have no guarantees. Where there's hope - I wish you all the best in the world but I personally think IVF should be the last option after all other options have been explored. It is so expensive for one but it is also an emotional rollercoaster and if there is any chance you can go a gentler road maybe that should be considered carefuully. Good luck sweet!
I'm sure you will find great support in here. It is very hard when your heart is telling you to ttc again and your head is hearing the docs words of waiting a cycle or two. For me we ttc again straight away after m/c # 1 but waited 4 months after m/c #2 to do some tests and recover emotionally. I am possibly embarking on the IVF journey soon too, although we have fallen pg twice before (naturally) we still don't have a bub. Plus we've recently learnt that DH has low sperm morphology so ob has referred us to IVF in 2 months time. We could possibly persevere for a while yet ttc naturally but we decided that IVF is what we will do. I think the main reason is that DH and I just have so much faith and confidence in our ob we truly believe he will lead us down the right path to a healthy bub. When we see him he makes us feel so confident that it will happen for us and it's a really reassuring feeling when you feel that you ob has the same goal you do. Where there's hope (can I call you WTH?) - I really hope your dreams come true and you are holding a beautiful bouncing bubba safely in your arms very soon.
to the thread. I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss!
I wish I could help you out with your questions. Honestly, I'm not sure what Trisomy is (though I'm going to do some research after this), so I'm not sure if there would be any reason to wait. I was very much in the same position where my doc told me to wait 2 months, but after tons of research I wasn't able to find any medical reason as to why I had to wait that long. I think in most cases it's a women's personal choice as to when she's ready to ttc again. Have you had all the blood work and pathology done to try to figure out a possible answer as to why you m/c? In my case I decided not to follow doc's orders and started ttc right away, but haven't fallen pg again yet, so my body must have not been ready. I know for me it will happen when it's supposed to, but it sure is hard waiting for my body to catch up with my brain! Huge luck to you, hun, whatever you decide. I pray your ttc journey is a short one!
any good news? Can it change depending on what he's eating, or vitamins, etc..?

How's that pile on your desk coming along? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel, or is it a train coming at you?
Hope it's getting better! How's the weather out there? Are you getting any of the wet weather that's been in the forecast?
sorry, seems my short term memory loss is waning! Hope you're well and having a great time!
How's things going with you?
for you all!

Bookmarks