* child mentioned *
Dear ladies
I hope you do not mind my joining your thread. I have been lurking on various forums since my MC on March 31 trying to learn what I can from people who have been through the same sad situation.
I am 37 (almost 38) and was fortunate to fall pregnant and have a trouble-free pregnancy giving birth to DD at 35. Because of the 3rd & 4th degree tearing (sorry TMI) DH and I were told to hold off delivering for another for 2 years. So we tried again last year and again conceived, only to lose the baby in September to a Trisomy just before 14 weeks. I had a D&C and it took a long time for my body to recover. We were told we were unlucky and to try again, managing a BFP early this year. Everything was going well, though there were unexpained high progesterone levels at the start. We saw a perfect HB at 7 weeks. Just after 10 weeks via ultrasound my OB said the baby had stopped growing at 8.5-9 wks. I was sent to have a D&C. This time my recovery was very quick. AF, though only two days, returned bung-on 28 days. We did BD last Sunday (Day 7)and it caused spotting - don't know if I should be concerned. So here I am on Day 11, after this first AF, charting, really keen to TTC, but my OB says if we do not wait for a 2nd cycle, I will have 3 times the miscarriage risk! I have googled and googled and the advice I keep coming up with seems to be just to wait for one cycle. My OB said it was to do with hormones in the follicles.
Also, this may sound a little premature, but we are about to embark on IVF with PGD. While we have been able to conceive I am really worried about the quality of my eggs.
Sorry to have laboured on, and I realise you are not doctors, but I would value your take on this. Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks!





Bookmarks