Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ September 2010

Reet- WooHoo for you hearing and seeing your gorgeous little bub......so excited for everyone that is PG right now.....I'm still feeling pretty good no temp drops as yet.....touch wood......In the past I have been getting a temp drop on 8DPO so have been a freak most of the day today and keep checking my temp while I have been resting and so far it's actually pretty high for me....and how excited am I not to be sick this cycle, like seriously I feel as healthy as a malley bull and just as excited about counting down the 2WW which is normally not me I start feeling pretty hopeless right about now in my cycle. But I'm still throwing out positive vibes and praying it all comes back roses for me. Stated getting a couple of little niggley head aches the past day or so. And I did notice on 1 trip to the loo today that when I wiped I had a different colour on the paper I wouldn't say it was pink or brown just a weird colour nothing like I would have before AF arrives. Not sure what I would call it but it has only happened the once. Other than that I'm feeling great oh but I have been pretty irritable the last couple of days.

OMG what happened to BB...i started getting obsessed trying to get on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure whats happening with the posts either....

Things arent that great with me at the moment...i had what seemed like gastro on monday arvo and was so so so sick with cramps etc.....im worried that if i am pregnant what will happen??? Although i am not feeling real confident this month..im quiet scared actually and feel down...i think not knowing when or if i have o'd has done it........im wondering whether some continual positive OPK tests mean somethings wrong like endo or something....or that i have actually gotten pregnant early in my cycle and its picking up pregnancy hormones???? Id like the later one but probably not...

The only signs i have had so far..(which im trying not to read to much into them like last time) is ovary pain and a running nose...

Clairesmummy woo hoo for the post O countdown I have my fingers crossed for you sweetie!!
    Melster it might be worth checking with a HPT perhaps. I know that when I pee on a OPK stick now I get a woo hoo + result
    Sorry you are feeling down in the dumps sweetie!!
    Dont worry about the gastro (I had it early last preg and went to the dr) he said the baby would be fine as it would take what it needed it would be me who suffered and to make sure I got plenty of fluids
    Did you have a BT to confirm that the HCG levels went to nothing after you m/c (sorry I'm sure you said this earlier but I am too lazy to try to find old posts).
    AFM still spotting and getting a bit over it here. The constant stress is doing my head in (seriously) on top of that the nausea went away for all of Monday (more stress) today it doesnt seem as bad as it has been, and my bbs seem to be changing their minds as to which one is sore or etc for the day on a daily basis. I have taken to temping in the morning to make sure my temp is staying high (for some sense of security) cos frankly I am going nuts here. Off to my family GP (finally) tomorrow so am hoping to speak to him about how I am feeling stressed out and worried that I will get to the 12 week scan (11 weeks for me) and find there is no HB or something.

OMG what happened to bellybelly!
    i thought my workplace had blocked it cos i was on so much LOL.

ALL GOOD NEWS AT MY END!
    thanks so much for your concern and well wishes, it makes me feel very warm and fuzzy inside to know that you all care.

I got my BT results, they were 569 (4wks) and 2090 (4wks3days) !!
    My GP said that from that she thinks that i'm 5-6weeks pregnant. i said this isn't possible as i'm pretty certain of my dates (i might be 1 day out but not a week or more), but she said it's only a rough estimate and the most important thing is that my levels are "rocketing up" (gosh i loved hearing that phrase).

i am 5wks tomorrow and have booked in for an US at 61/2wks so really looking forward to that.

sorry no personals at the moment, am rushing off to an appointment, will jump on later.

thinking of those of you who are struggling with not knowing where you are in your cycle or in the middle of the 2ww - it's torture i know.

Clairesmummy - OMG I know, I was having BB withdrawals. LOL. My DP thought it was funny how desperate I was getting. Your 2ww has flown by for me, Sounds like you have a couple of possible symptoms there. Oh I hope it's a BFP for you! Did you plant those seeds?

Dory - I was thinking about you yesterday, hun.... wondering if your little one had made an appearance yet. I guess not! Best of luck, sweetie. Can't wait to see a picture of your little bundle!

Kellie - Oh, hun.. 12 weeks is a fabulous milestone to look forward to, but I won't lie to you. I still feel sick fairly often. LOL. My mantra has been 'just a couple more weeks' for about 8 weeks now, hehehe. MS is a good sign though, so don't be afraid to have a scan at 9 weeks! You should get some great pictures. Oh and I had withdrawals from BB too.

Reet - Oh! So jealous your OB lets you see your baby every 2 weeks..... I've been ripped off bigtime! I've only seen our little peanut twice, but I must say, he/she is a good looking peanut. LOL.

Melster - hahaha... I know the feeling, almost lost it clicking repeatedly! Do you know roughly how many DPO you would be?? I don't think endo interferes with OPKs, but I could be wrong. Don't stress about multiple positives, my record was 3 in a row. 3 good strong positives. Sending you some babydust hun!

Mum22 - Wow, this baby is definitely grounded when he/she arrives! Stressing poor mummy out like this. Perhaps another u/s is in order?? Just to put your mind at ease. How many wks are you now? It's hard to follow without a ticker. Good luck!

Glenglen - Yay for your hcg results! I was wondering how you went Now sit back and enjoy this pg!

AFM- Ok, I think I am FINALLY experiencing some of that second trimester glow. Yesterday I was absolutely flat on my back with an awful headache, and felt so sick I was sure I might throw up. Instead, I stayed still until DP came home with some panadol to rescue me. I was so relieved when he brought me medecine I cried. LOL.. Anyway, after sleeping for a total of 13hrs yesterday (slack I know), I feel a lot better today. Maybe even motivated?? I have a few things to do, groceries to pick up etc... and I actually feel like I might be able to do it! Wow. Oh and I had a dream about our baby..... I went to have my tonsils taken out (already had them out as a kid but oookkk..) and when I woke up they handed me a baby girl! I think that one is a reflection of my desire for birth to be easy, LOL. Also having some tiny little fluttery feelings continuing.. I think it's pretty safe to say I'm feeling bubby's movements. So exciting, I could sit still all day just waiting for another flutter.

SOOOOOOOO glad to hear glenglen sweetie!!! They are nice levels. I think from recollection mine were around the 220 mark for 4 weeks so I dont think they are so high they are indicating you are further along as it only takes 48-72 hours for them to double as yours did sooooo nicely!! Looks like they have doubled every 36 hours or aroundabouts am I right??? Dr's go off like a chart of numbers for estimated gestation and 3 weeks is 0-50 4 weeks 50-500 I am pretty sure so that said it looks GREAT!!!! Just knew it had to be good news for you!!

Forshelby I'm too scared to make a ticker cos of all the probs I've been having. I am 7 weeks and 4 days today by my dates or 7 weeks 2 days by scan. But I know I"M right so I say 7w4d. I think if I were to go for another scan DH would never talk to me again and tell all his friends I'm nuts etc. Ive had 3 now and apart from showing in the 2nd there was blood there the emby has been fine. So I think I just need to wait it out now. I plan on having a scan just after 11 weeks (cant wait til 12) so that would make it around 4 weeks or thereabouts to wait. I'm just tired of being stressed out and I havent told ANYONE about it cos I am stressed about the outcome etc. Like absolutely no one knows and I am dying to talk to someone about it all, but just cant bring myself to actually say it to anyone. I would love to be able to cry to my g.friend when I am feeling stressed, but it wont change anything so here I am waiting!!
    Dory I cant wait to see a photo of your little miracle either!! You must be dying to have the baby now so you can have him/her in your arms and see they are real. Do you know what the baby is??

Mum22-I just thought that maybe if i had of gotten pregnant when i had the first positive (at day 11 i think) and implanted that maybe i would be lucky enough to be pregnant...........and i kept testing anyways to be sure because it was only half the line that was dark.......In between i have had a few negatives but mostly positives and its been especially dark in the mornings... so i thought that maybe the pregnancy hormone is showing up???? thats what i am wishing for anyways......because i have never had any problems with endo or POS and normally have a 28 day cycle and my last one after D&C was 28 days..................and i have always gotten pregnant straight away and havent had fertility issues....unless having the d&C and miscarriage has caused something?

Nah i didnt do a blood test after d&C, but i did a pregancy test to make sure it wasnt positive and i had gone back down to 0 and did an opk test which was positive... and i have had 1 period as well...i couldnt believe i got gastro. Luckily it only lasted for a day..

Can they do an earlier scan for you? How far are you know? im sorry you're so worried etc...it must be horrible. Keep you're chin up..im praying for you.

GlenGlen.....WHOOOOOO im glad things are looking up for you babe...

Forshelby..nah i dont know....i got what i thought was a positive OPK around day 12 i think from memory..then went to light then back to dark again....cant explain it really....im hoping its pregnancy hormones....

So if say if i had actually o'd on day 13...id be 10 dpo now

But i got the darkest positive on day 19 in the morning...darkest i have seen, like heaps darker than the control line..so then i wouldnt be due for another week after my original 28 days....seems a bit long to have o'd then tho..

so i dont know im so confused...i shouldnt have kept testing like they tell you not to LOL

Dont you love that second trimester

Mum22 - Hmm.. I understand your hesitation in making a ticker. I think it's really unfair of your DH to judge you though for wanting another scan to see if bubs is ok. Has he been supportive and helping you through all of this? I know nothing can change the outcome but it's so hard when you have to go through the worry and stress alone.

Melster - Confusing! It is possible to O late in your cycle... not sure what would cause that fluctuation, but it can happen that way. It's crazy even saying 'second trimester'.. can't believe I've come this far already. When do you plan on testing? You could probably POAS today...... not that I'm trying to tempt you.. haha.

GlenGlen- WooHoo for the great news hun that is totally fabulous darl, hang ten while I do a little for you, so excited for you, congrats darl.
    Mum22- Sounds like you are going through total torture at the moment darl, I'm hoping and praying your spotting ends soon for you darl and you can then sit back and enjoy your pregnancy darl. Thinking of you and sending you some cyber hugs as well darl.
    Forshelby- Sounds like you are cruising through your pg with flying colours darl, that is awesome. I feel like my 2WW has flown by as well is doesn't feel like that long ago I was saying I have just entered into my 2WW and now I have 4 days left to go..... And I must put a feather in my cap and tell you i have NOT been second guessing if I am or if I'm not pg either, just sitting back taking it all in my stride and see what comes. And this time around I actuallly can't sit here and say or think we didin't hit the jackpot, as I truly have no idea what so ever.....lol......
    Melster- Sounds like you have had a rough couple of days darl, hope you are over the gastro now and your cycle gives you some hints at where you are at. Honestly if you don't already I would start temping it makes it alot easier finding out if you have O'd or not darl. I'm sending you lots af baby dust and sticky vibes and have my FX tightly for you.
    AFM- Hmmmm where to start, it's so good having you all back again I have missed all my lovely friends on BB. Well I'm feeling really happey with myself today for the first time in a long time I never had a dip in my temp at 8DPO today I actually had a rise in my temp, When I was coming home this morning from taking my DD into kindy I was starting to feel very light headed and still do now, not like I'm going to faint or anything as serious as that just feel like a little dizzy. And pee I'm running to the loo about every half hour to hour to pee, just went for a nice calm ride on my horse for about an hour and a half and had to stop to pee,lol, luckily we don't have any neighbours and there was lots of bushes where I had to stop...... I'm peeing more than I'm drinking......lol....all in all I'm now at 8DPO and AF due in 4 days time......getting nervous but more than nervous I'm actually feeling really really excited.

Hey ladies..

Im not exactly sure when i am due for AF. going by 28 days im due this tuesday. But because i started spotting for about 4 days then my period kinda came...and then im not sure exactly when i o'd....so its all a bit confusing...

Im going to hold out as long as i can....

So far i feel sick (but that could be from gastro) im hungry (also could be from gastro) i have really dry lips, have had heaps of ovary pains, dry cracking cm, wiered taste in moutn (also could be from gastro), been feeling rather itchy...but feel different from other pregnancies....in the others i felt heavy in the uterus and had that feeling of pregnancy...this time im just scared and in denial of anything LOL...

Clairesmummy - thanks for your congrats! getting past the date of my last MC has been a big mental milestone for me. plus doing HCG levels this time (and having them come back so good) is very reassuring. i am definitely the sort of person who "wants to know"... one way or another. being in the dark is the worst bit..... hopefully only a few more days for you and you will know?!?!?! you are very good to not POAS yet !!!! GL darl and FX for you. When will you POAS???? yah for excitement i hope you're feeilng "big, fat and bloated" for a very good reason

melster - i read that you can have several LH surges in one cycle but it is the first one where the egg is released. have you done a preg test? DO IT!!

mum22 - can you talk to at least one girlfriend about your pregnancy and your worries? i ended up telling a GF on the weekend (i just started crying from being so worried so had to fess up) and i'm really glad i did. i think my poor DH hears enough of it. "a worry shared is a worry halved" and all that... and crying to your friend WILL CHANGE THINGS - it will probably make you feel less alone and unable to talk to anyone. i know it's sensible to wait until 12wks and all that but these are special circumstances, it's not the pregnancy you are sharing, it's the fear of what could go wrong with the pregnancy. bellybelly is good but no real replacement for an actual human being sitting across from you rubbing your arm and making the right noises while you cry/snot all over your face LOL.

forshelby - so do you think your dreams might be telling you that you're having a GIRL??? how exciting to be feeling the first fluttering !!!

Reet - how brilliant seeing your little bubba's heartbeat... and not long till you can see the gorgeous little thing again which is great. I'm very happy for you

Kellbell - be confident and book that US!! every week that goes by the risk of something going wrong gets less and less... so count every day as one step closer to your bubba. having MS is a good sign so embrace it LOL

Dory - good luck for the next few weeks... lots going to happen i imagine !!!

melster i don't know what to make of those symptoms... it's hard when you're not well at the same time.
    FX it's early preg symptoms.

anyways - i shouldn't be encouraging you all to POAS stick so early but i just can't resist so apologies!

AFM - i fluctuate so wildly day to day how i'm feeling and how confident i am with this pregnancy. i keep making a baby ticker and then removing it, wanting to join a bellybuddies group to holding off... quite stressful but then exciting. when i was crying in my GPs office last week she said to me that it's a baby's job to start mum's worrying as soon as possible (which i quite liked).

anyways - FX for the beginnings of my little one and for all of your little ones, whatever stage they are in (egg, blastocyst, embryo, foetus or baby!)

GlenGlen- I'm trying my best to hold out from testing until at least Monday when AF is due for me........I did say trying I would like to do it now but I only have 2 HPT in the house and don't want to waste them in getting a BFN right now if you know what I mean. So Monday is POAS day for me if AF is a no show.

Can i ask for those pregnant ladies, what cycle did you fall pregnant on after miscarriage?

GlenGlen.....i have bought some pregnancies tests so lets see how i go......im not feeling confident though for some reason..

Clairesmummy...you need to throw some of you're positivity my way LOL...im feeling really unsettled at the moment...i keep thinking its going to be a BFN for me...even though hubby swears the amount we did it that im pregnant..LOL and mum reakons i am...

Melster sounds promising TEST TEST TEST!!!

Ummm in answer to your Q I had a chemical (early) m/c so around 4 weeks. I got BFP the next cycle and it didnt effect my ovulation day or anything I was really surprised as I thought the cycle was a bust for sure.....had AF style cramps and etc.

melster - i fell pregnant on my 2nd cycle after my MC (i had a very early MC at 5 wks so it didn't take long for my body to get back to normal, although my first cycle was all over the place and i'm not even sure if i O'd). i know a few other friends/relatives who have done the same thing (ie. pregnant in the 1st or 2nd or 3rd cycle after their miscarriage). i've read that you are 'extra fertile' after a miscarriage but i don't think there's any scientific reason for this... just wishful thinking !! or maybe it's because we just take extra special care to chart our cycles and get the timing right etc etc because we want to be pregnant so badly. Is this your 2nd cycle after your MC?

Don't lose hope, it's still prob way too early to get a BFP but that doesn't mean you're not UTD. let's hope your gastro clears up quickly so you can read any symptoms without any confusion. FX for you sweets and think positive thoughts (or wallow a bit if you want !)

Mum22 and Glenglen...I got pregnant the first go with my daughter and my last pregnancy...this is my second cycle of trying after loosing bubs at 9weeks..it only measured at 6weeks tho..i had a D&C and we tried straight away, i did opk tests and it seemed that i o'd in the middle and had my period 28days after D&C...

This is my second cycle, but im not feeling confident at all...dont know why i am just not...i knew straight away with the other pregnancies...maybe its coz i am scared and dont want the dissapointment again...who knows but i cant handle the heart break again if i am not..

I know its only my second cycle and people say "keep trying it will happen" but after you have had a miscarriage its just so intense the feeling of wanting to be pregnant again...its just consuming me....maybe i think some peace will come along with another pregnancy..and some happiness...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast