Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 08

Hi everyone!

MaryM: Welcome! I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my baby girl later in pregnancy too and know just how difficult it is. Although I don't post here super often, I've found just reading the posts has helped me a lot, hopefully it gives you some comfort too!

Everybody else: for all of you!!

AFM: As some of you know, I'm currently TTC again and have yet another newbie question for you all (eventually I'll be a pro at this- but there are just so many questions!!). Sorry if this is TMI, but it's my understanding that when you ovulate your cm is quite sticky and then if you are not pregnant it goes away. I o'd about a week or so ago but I still have a lot of cm (some of it slightly tinged). Does this mean I could be pg? Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up, or maybe my body is just being odd!!

Good morning everyone.

MaryM - I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you find comfort and support here. I also lost my baby boy later in pregnancy (20 weeks) so I do understand how hard that is. I have found that the women on this site have helped me through some very dark days. There is also a thread for late losses which you are more than welcome to join as well. I post in both threads, as the loss of a baby no matter the age is a devastating experience and we all are able to help each other.

Tutmae - hi I don't think we have met. With CM, you may find that it continues after you have O'ed but it should change in appearance and texture (lovely!). So whilst O is eggwhite and sticky (also stretchy), the CM post O and prior to AF is more likely to be white and crusty on your underpants. Sorry for TMI but this is the best I can explain. You should generally feel dry in that region and not notice the CM too much. If you are still having eggwhite CM than I would keep BD to ensure you time O correctly. I hope that helps - and I hope I am correct! I practised Natural Family Planning for a while so that is generally how i was taught to check for fertility etc.

Natty - so happy to hear the HCG levels were excellent. I hope this means you can relax a bit. I know that relaxing at times seems the hardest thing, but try and take the good news and enjoy it (something I struggle with).

Hello to Everyone

Welcome to all the newies i am very sorry for your losses and i hope your visit here is a short one.

To all TWW i hope your wait flies by quickly and you receive the results that you want.

To all the BFP's i hope you are all doing well and keeping healthy

AFM - I had my blood test today to confirm pregnancy and shoul receive the results tomorrow. I know that it will be positive as we did another POAS on Sunday one day after period due and the line came up before i could even put it on the counter to read as well as the pg line was double the darkness than that of the test working indicator. I spoke to dr today about all this and he is thinking that we might be a little further along than we thought as my last period was late as well as light. but to be honest with you i am happy that i have a BFP. We have twins in both sides of our families and we thought maybe that is why the line appeared so quick and dark....well that is what DH is wanting to happen. I will let everyone know the results tomorrow.

Take Care Everyone

Default Time to move on....

Hello Lovelies

Just wanted to let you know that I am moving on....

EDD 20 November...

Measuring 7wks + 6, so I was pretty spot on with my dates. Nice, healthy heartbeat.

And yes, whilst it is still early days, we are a step ahead of our last pregnancy and tonight I am going to bed happy and content for the 1st time in almost 3 months. I just want to cry with relief...

Good luck to you all and I hope that we will meet again soon in the PAML thread!!!

Hi again

ll80 - Good on you for the positive result. It may be feint, but feint is great news. It could have been no line at all.

Natty - Congratulations on the hcg count from your blood test and the new job. I agree with you on the money side of things. Money worries are one of the worst worries to have. Money doesn't always bring happiness, but it can help you and your family on the way to becoming comfortable.

Trac73 - Congratulations of the positive test and good luck with the blood tests tomorrow. for a great hcg count.

Brockstar - Great news. Good luck in the new thread. Hopefully we can catch up with you in there some day soon.

AFM well I have kept a bit of a low profile and waited to POAS because I got the 'not pregnant' result from the digital test I did the other day I waited to do another one. (Although couldn't resist using a few normal tests while I waited!) This morning I decided to do 1 normal HPT and 1 digital when I first woke up.
    They both were , but I was particularly excited with the digital test saying 'pregnant' so I took a photo!!
    I am going to my doctor next Monday to confirm everything as I want to just wait it out a little more before seeing him. I am very happy and as I am in a much less stressful job this time around I am much more confident that this pregnancy could just well stick. I don't want to move on just yet if that's okay. I just might stick around for another week or 3!!!

and for everyone else hoping for a this month.

Woohoo - JMG. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

trac73, Natty & Brockstar - glad to hear you and your bubs' are doing well.

tutmae - Hi, I don't think we've met before. I guess all of our bodies are different but I always get CM even after O. I do remember that last time I was pg it was more watery than usual which was one of the signs which encouraged me to POAS. Good luck and I hope it is pg CM that you have.

tinak - sorry about af. A big pg belly would be a nice Christmas present too - that's what I am telling myself anyway. I know that won't make me feel better if af arrives in 10 days.

MelA - GL for test tomorrow and hope it's a BFP for you this cycle. I'm going for my test am - I like to get it over and done with. Strange thing is I'm actually looking forward to it because I feel like I am 'doing' something rather than just waiting?!?! If that makes sense?

for the TTC'ers and
    for the PG ladies
    for everyone !!!

Ok let me formally congratulate u then JMG - woohoo!!! well done sweet!!

Brockstar - it was so lovely having you in our fold for the time u were here and I hope to join u again sometime soon in the paml thread!! Take care!!

Tempus - thanks so much for asking re the heart monitoring - I had my follow-up appt tonight and all clear. I think that that is mainly to do with the fact I didn't have any palps while the monitor was on. Doc said if i have any more episodes to try to get to a hosp asap so i can get monitored appropriately. Otherwise, all good! Hope ur doin ok hun!

tutmae - sweet for the life of me I can't remember whether I welcomed u so welcome!! and I offer my heartfelt sympathies to u and DP/DH for ur loss.

Hey everyone else!!!

Hi all, just a quickie to say congratulations JMG!

I'll pop back in tomorrow to do some personals. Til then, sending some

My gosh, somehow I got behind on all these posts! So much catching up to do! Hopefully I don't forget anyone, forgive me if I do...

JMG--Congrats on the BFP! Take care of yourself! Glad to see you're feeling so positive--good luck at your appt. next week.

Brockstar--Don't think we've met, but so happy for you that you're moving on! Good luck!

Trac--Congrats to you, as well, on your BFP! Twins would be amazing!

Katiegirl--Thanks for the info on the baby aspirin. Spoke with nurse yesterday, she said baby aspirin is fine to take, but that taking progesterone before positive pg. result could cause infertility! Think I'll just stick with prenatals and baby aspirin for now!

tutmae--We haven't met before, but good luck with ttc!

MaryM--Hope you're cheering up a little, and crying a little less! Take care!

tina k--So sorry about AF--boo, she should be shot! Christmas will be hard for me this year, as well, as I was due in Sept. Here's hoping that we have big, fat tummies by then! Keep your chin up!

Sending a shout out to mmteacher, Jodsan, AJC, Emmy-Lou, bettyboop, plc--hope all is going well!

In case I didn't say it in a prior post (and if I did, then it's double!)--Congrats to ll80 & JMG on the BFP!!

MelA--Sorry to hear about AF. Good luck with bt on Wed!

Natty--So relieved to hear about your awesome bt results!!!!! Congrats on the job, as well!

Angel Babies--Just read your poems the other day--omg, talk about tear jerkers! What a great way to pay respect to your beautiful angel babies! My heart broke for you while I was reading--just sat there with tears streaming down my face!

Magda--Haven't heard from you in a while--hope things are going great for you and your precious bub!

It's CD10 for me, and according to my calendar at fertility friend, my fertile days started on Sun. and I should be O'ing tomorrow. Just finished AF 3 days ago, but for the last 2 days have had light cramps and spotting. Been BD'ing since Sat.--just in case, but is even possible to be fertile & O so soon after AF? And if I'm still spotting (noticed it this am, too, but it's so light I only notice it when I wipe--sorry-tmi!) does that mean it's still AF? Never paid any attention to or noticed whether or not I get O signs or symptoms, so I don't really know what to expect or look for. I also don't have a thermometer, so I don't take my temps, and haven't been checking CM (which I've never done before either!) because of the spotting. So it makes me wonder how accurate my calendar is--how does it know my "fertile days" and when I'm supposed to be O'ing without all that extra info?

Guess that's it for now--I apologize again if I've missed anyone! Hope you all have a great day. You all give me the strength to get me through the tough times--God bless you all!

I am so happy and excited for all the Congratulations ladies!!! For everyone...

Laura and JMG- Congratulations!
    Trac- You made me laugh, taking a piccie of your pee-stick!
    ...for all of our BFPs
    MaryM. Welcome. I am sorry for your loss and wholheartedly agree with plc1805. I hope that your journey here is a short one.
    Tina:hugs: You will still have a Xmas present, but s/he will still be wrapped up and waiting until the new year to say Hi.
    plc1805: Oh, I know how you feel. :throw_computer: I think that your post was very well done, despite your computer. Glad to hear that swimmers OK, have fun ttc when you get the green light!
    Tutmae- Hi, I dont think that we have met before, just wantes to wish you GL with TTC and I hope that you have a short stay here.
    Hi everyone else.

AFM, well I have been spotting for 2 days now. AF is due tomorrow, but I have a sneaking feeling that she might pop in later tonight. I am feeling a bit hormonal and sorry for myself.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to conceive after a m/c? I know that question is just like 'how long is a peice of string', but I am impatient! We have only been ttc for 2 cycles, but it feels like forever! Sorry, I'm whingeing. I know that some people TTC for many months before it finally happens. I cant talk to anyone about TTC because DH likes to avoid the subject, and we dont want anyone else to know. If i didn't have you guys to 'talk' to, I would explode!

to all those with there is so many this time, i'm starting to lose count.

To all the newbies, welcome but really wish you didn't have to be here with us. Hope you don't have to stay too long.

Canary, looks like you need to share that wine with me after all. your allowed to whine, and if not to us, what's the point of us being here. We're here to support each other.

Christmas presents would have been nice, but lets look at it positively, we'll get new year presents instead.

Natty - glad it's good news for you and best wishes with the new job.
    Brockstar - it's great that you feel you are ready to move on. All the best with your pregnancy and we all look forward to join you in PAML thread.
    Trac - looking forward to hearing your results today.

To anyone I missed .

mollycat, Canary, & smilanatu--I knew I wasn't lucky enough to have remembered everyone! So sorry! Hope you're all doing well. Canary, hope your wrong about AF! Wish I could answer your question on how long it will take to conceive--I'm asking the same question myself! I only had 1 cycle since ttc, so I'm also feeling very impatient & sorry for myself! My DF likes to avoid the subject as well, he just doesn't know what to say. I can understand that, and since I've met everyone here, I'm actually ok with him avoiding the subject! No exploding women here, please, whine ( I don't like that word--you're not whining, you're venting!) as much as you need to--it helps to heal the heart. Take care!

Magda Guest

Hi Ladies,

Wow again I am so behind with everything. I am now taking an online course which I should have started a few weeks ago so now I am trying to crame to catch up. I have also been alittle moody because of being pg and wanting everything to be ok. I am 5 wks now and I go to the dr tomorrow so I will be able to talk to him about when I will be able to go for a sonogram, I just need to hear my baby's strong heartbeat. Sometimes I think that I don't have any symptoms and then I will have some. So it is taking so much to keep calm and try not to stress out about my pg. I hope you guys understand.

JMG and 1180: CONGRATULATIONS on your I am so happy for you guys.

Natty: I am so happy to hear that your hcg levels are good. And I have taken the attitude that you had on Saturday. Thanks for that.

Trac73: I should have thought of that and taken a picture of my digital "Pregnant" result, it went away in 24hrs. The 2nd test i took said Pregnant before I put it down too. GL on your blood test I am sure everything is fine. Heck i know everything is fine with all of us.!!!!!!!!!

Jen805: Thank you for asking about me. I am wishing you GL for this month. Jen you should really try to take your temp every morning, because I think you have a better picture of what is going on. That or you can bd every 2 or 3 days for 2 1/2 week stretch a few days after af leaves.

Canary: Did you say that you started spotting and think af is going to arrive? Well that does not mean that af will arrive. Just take it easy and relax. And you are not whinning dear, it is ok. You know I had the same question after my mc how long it would take to conceive. When I m/c I knew that I would become pg in March just because I believe that I am only fertily every other month and january was a good month but that was mc month and feb would be a bad month. This really is what I believed but in talking to my dr they assured me that I can o every month with only my 1 tube, so i thought ok it will happen in feb and it didn't so I started to get alittle worried and very stressed. I almost thought I hadn't made it in March, I have to say I was shocked. But what I guess I am trying to say is everyone is different and you have to believe that it will happen and relax, take care of yourself (take your prenatal vitamins, folic acid is very important) and just have fun dtd. I know it will happen for you very soon.

Mary: I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I am sorry that you had to go through that so late into it. I am sure you have come to find that the ladies here are here for you to support you. I know my words can't take away your pain, but I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that although your baby will always be with you in mind and spirit, it will get better and there will be a bfp in your future.

Bettyboop, how are you feeling?

To all of the lovely ladies here that I have missed, wishing you all gl in dtd and the ones in tww and the one waiting one more week to ttc. Gl to all of you and lots of healthy and happy to come.

Hello to Everyone

I want to congratulate JMG on her BFP, as well as 1180 Congrats i hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy

Hello to everyone - i hope that you are all doing well, with lots of Bding, Twwing and taking care of yourselves.

AFM - I received my results today and they are a positive BFP. My doctor told me that it was more likley that we are a month pregnant rather than two. So unfortunately i will need to go through the dreaded 6 week mark which for the past two m/c has been. But on the other hand i am feeling rather positive about this one as i am already having nauesea, headaches, backache, twinging down there and extrememly tired. As for the twins we will not know until ultrasound, which i don't think it will be i just think it is my DH dream. I don't need to go back to the doctor for another 4 weeks which will be an agnoising time but i know i cna do it and all will be great. Well off now for my first parent teacher interview at my DD daycare centre .......I know she is 3 can you believe they have parent teacher interviews, where is this world going.

Take Care and Sending lots of

Trac - honey that is so great about the convincing BFP - keep positive and u will get thru this we'll make sure of it!!

Magda - oh sweet i can't imagine how hard it would be if i were in ur shoes. my m/cs were a while ago now and with more time now to build up to my next pg () I'm sure when i get there il be struggling too to keep calm - i pray you keep strong...

Hope everyone is well!! Canary (and any other lovely heading towards the end of TWW) - sending you super dooper vibes!!

Natty Guest

Hi Ladies

Well I guess I will join Brockstar in moving on as well. Not that I feel that I am ready but I want to do the right thing by all the beautiful ladies posting here who are TTC.

I just wanted to say thank you all for being such wonderful women - for providing me with inspiration, insight and courage and for making me realise that all my wierd and wonderful feelings are normal!

I hope to see all of you posting on the 1st trimester pregnancy discussion board very very soon announcing your . And for those of you who have a BFP already, I look forward to continuing our cyber friendship on the other boards.

Thank you all and wishing every one of you lots and lots of luck in TTC.

Hi all- so glad to see so many new BFPs- issuing tonnes of sticky vibes adn baby dust for everyone (me included).
    Has been a very stressful week so far- started bleeding suddenly on Monday lunchtime (heavy, bright red etc). Called DH and went straight to emergency dept and spent the rest of the day there. After numerous urine check/pulse/bp etc and 'chats' about the negative implications/hopeful implications (why can't they just get to the point 'is it dead or alive?') they looked for heartbeat. 2 people failed to find it and wanted to send me home to 'complete the m/c' but this fabulous nurse from gynae came down from the 6th floor and said she would do an ultrasound. It's normally only open between 10-12 so she and her Ward Sister opened it up especially.They clearly recognised that 'confirmation either way' was what was needed and hey presto- there was Junior, complete with heartbeat and waving. He (or she) was low down, but measuring 11 weeks 2days (11+ 4 today) and even did a somersault when they did the sonogram (obviously didn't like it). Think DH and I cried even more when seeing bubs than we did when we thought the worst. Anyway, there is one bub (not two but I don't mind) and he seems to be hanging in there...so far... The bleeding has slowed right down, but is still really red. Just hanging on to the fact that I'm not clotting, not got cramps and no backache. Am on bed rest (well sofa rest) for now so just waiting with baited breath... for the next 6 months maybe!!
    Told you that I couldn't leave you yet- see, I still need you
    Am keeping everything crossed- and will let you know how we go xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast