Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February 08

thought i had lost you all, sorry i have not had time to read all, welcome to all the new ladies, hope your TTC is short, we need more BFP.MY DH is on holiday , great we can spend some time together, we have both been felling a bit distant, will be great to have time, and all the children went back to school yesterday , great.I O afew days ago (so if nothing comes out , can anything go up)dont know), is now 106 day since D&C and is only one week till my app ,i am so hoping for some good new on valentines day.

I started the Provera last night...still nothing but pain and lots of it! It almost feels like labor pains...

Hi

Yes my mil knew we were pregnant before we had the miscarriage but she didn't want us to be yet and wasn't very happy when we told her so I don't think she really cares that we are not anymore. We have one year old twins so she thinks we should wait longer. My af is due in the next couple of days if it was to come on time but I think it will be late because of the miscarriage which is just going to make this harder.

So, yesterday started out just like a normal day but by the end turned into total [email protected] FIL, who's been battling cancer but seemed to be on the mend took a sudden downturn last night and long story short is now on hospice care and doing very poorly. DH was at the hospital all day with him, he got Last Rites and now we're just WAITING. I do hospice care part time, so I know exactly what's going on with him. Please send us some positive vibes...

Tempus and lots of positive vibes. I send my every positive thought to you all at this difficult time.

Bettyboop - hope you get some good care and attention on the 14th - good luck & good news would be best valentines prezzie ever!

Hopingsoon: hope af comes on time. Hugs to you too, am sorry that you haven't had as much support as you deserve from mil.

smilinatu - hope af arrives soon for you too and hope pain goes away. Hugs.

Anthonysmom: I know what you mean about 'no answers' being a relief and frustrating at the same time.

Our computer got zapped in a storm and we're waiting for it to be fixed so I only have limited access at the moment. Will try to keep up and not get too far behind with all of the happenings.

Howdy all,

AJC my DP's two computers got zapped a while back he is still waiting for them over a month on, he's suffering withdrawals, hehe.

Tempus, praying for you at this difficult time, I hope all goes as well as can be...

smilenatu I hope you feel better soon and that everything sorts it self out.

I'm a bit down today, it's a month since the m/c. Getting jittery about starting to TTC, the fear that I could have to go through all of this again is at times terrifying.

..Laura

ll80 - I so know how you are feeling. My 1 month since m/c was Xmas Day (which I incidentally got AF) and I had a bad day. Made it worse that everyone else around me was celebrating. And although I love my nephew was hard seeing him!

Hi ladies - looks like I'm another newbie. I'm so glad I found you guys but sorry that it has to be for this circumstance. I have read all your stories - don't think I could manage personals yet but will in time - and I feel like you'll all understand where I'm at because I get where ur all at in general.

Just a bit about me - I met DH almost 4 years ago and were married 18 mths later. We TTC from 2 mths prior to marrying and DS was born 10 mths after we married. That was an amazing ride for 2 and half years. Since then, it all changed and we have been facing one of life's challenges. We started TTC #2 2 mths after DS was born and did so after 2 mths - we thought we were incredibly clever and incredibly fertile and blitzing thru!! We had an early u/s cos my AFs were not back to norm and found no heart beat. Our sadness was quickly outweighed by the fact that there were 2 sacks - one with nothing in it and the other with 2 foetal poles - we could have potentially had triplets naturally!!! So we thought maybe it was for the best because 3 within 13 mths might have been crazy and these things happen for a reason, blah blah and once we could, we just got back BDing. We conceived again after 2 mths and thought "right! this is the one that was meant to be" and had an early u/s again cos of our previous experience. Nothing prepared me for a repeat no heartbeat & empty sack. This 2nd m/c really hit me hard - it wasn't meant to happen again the OBGYN had said (we found out later that 1st m/c due to chromosomes and 2nd due to major structural probs so no continuity b/w the 2 m/c's). So again once we could we started BDing and have been ever since. Month after month goes by - I'm trying to relax, relllaaaxxxxxx, but by December I decided I wanted to take matters into my own hands. What if there now was something wrong with me? So since then I have had BTs from GP (just normal thyroid, liver, etc kinda stuff - all fine except borderline low thyroid that needs to be retested), doing OPKs, started taking Blackmore's conceive well tablets, started charting BBTs, CM, (the stuff that I never thought I would have to do),started seeing a naturopath who gave me potions, now waiting for progesterone BT and booked into seeing an acupuncturist next week - hello "angelbabies", was interested in what you said earlier. If I didn't have my DS I would have truly gone over the edge and not just teetering like I am now so I really feel for the ladies who are TTC #1. My girlfriend had 14 attempts at IVF before she finally delivered her healthy baby daughter last November. I think she is amazing to have that much courage. Thinking about it, I think I have put so much pressure on myself cos I am part of a mother's group and I was the first one who was ready to TTC #2 and now each one is getting pg again - 6 of them to date - and I think it should have been me. It's hard not to think about it cos I see the mothers all the time - they are my friends - and it means I am reminded all the time.

Anyway, I think I have vented enough. Just wanted you to know who I was and I would like to offer my support in any way I can. I will equally be reading with interest to learn from you all.
    Welcome BFPs all around - my shout!! lol

hi plc105,
    so sorry for your losses, I am glad you have joined us, well...not glad but we can all support eachother hey?
    my dp and I tried for 18mths before conceiving our angel, it has now been another 5 mths and......nothing.
    keep telling myself, chin up.......but it just seems so hard sometimes.
    sorry dont want to bring you down.
    xxx
    Last edited by STARRYSKY; February 8th, 2008 at 08:53 PM.

Hi, thought i might join in here seeing as we are ttc #3 and have had 3 previous miscarriages. We've been trying for 7 months now and had a m/c last October. The other 2 m/c were before we had #2...

Thanks for the welcome StarrySky - I think we all get it so you couldn't possibly be bringing me down.
    It is so hard and I think it's important to not always put on a brave face too and just let urself feel the pain. On Saturday, I was getting a bit concerned about getting somewhere on time and felt DH wasn't understanding the urgency (nothing major) and all of a sudden I was crying and howling and curled up on the bed and couldn't stop. I just kept feeling sorry for myself and angry, frustrated and so completely alone with the whole TTC situation. DH is a support but doesn't seem to feel the pain as I do - he was more confused "you were ok and then ur a howling mess - what happened?" I think it was just all pent up inside. Now I could say to you StarrySky that I don't want to bring you down but I think my Saturday experience is not unusual to any of us.

StarrySky and Antheia - sorry for ur losses, wishing u and all the girls lots of

Thanks ladies for your well wishes...I feel so yucky today.

Thanks for your prayers and well wishes, ladies. FIL is still with us as of 11am Pennsylvania time. He's groggy and his vital signs are bad. We're still waiting and the strain is awful. We went through this in '94 when my dad died and I know this is just a normal part of human existance, but hurts so much.

ll80: can relate to that jittery feeling. i wonder if you ever completely stop feeling that way

plc1805: welcome, and I"m so sorry for your pain and feel free to vent here. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    IKWYM about getting preg easily. in my case I needed clomid for preg #1, but the last six happened easily and naturally. Then I lost 4 of them to MC. And you always think the first mc is a fluke, because usually it is. but definitely get that thyroid checked out and maybe look into having your antithyroid antibodies checked, too.

Antheia: I'm sorry for your losses. I know how hard it is. I'll keep you in my prayers.

smilanatu: sending cyberhug.

I am sorry to hear about your fil. I know what you are going through because I went through it with both of my grandparents not that long ago. Nothing anyone can say will help but we are thinking of you.

I was a bit down yesterday. I don't know if it was because I convinced myself that I am not pregnant this month or if it was that I generally always get emotional just before my af. Af is actually due today if my cycle was going to be on time but because it is a month after miscarriage Ithink it is going to be late which means I just get to keep wondering for a few more days.

Hello Everyone

Welcome to all our new friends.. It seems forever since i have been here and i know that there is so mcuh to catch up on so there will be no personals today.
    So much has been happening..i have been working heaps and planning our belated honeymoon. We were goign to Melbourne but we have now decided to have a quiet and relaxing 4 nights in Merimbula. I have got a great deal in a great motel and we are both looking forward to being away on our own and spending some time alone. We of course will be oing the week before we go away but i am sure there will be plenty of bding anyway. Well DH has become very interested in trying for another baby as he was a little unsure about it after what we had been through which was very disappointing but the news of his interest is great. I have been visiting the FF site and he is now asking things such as when are we oing? When is the best time for bding? etc
    When bding is it better to when your oing? As i am unsure as to what they mean when it states the best fertile days. This whole process confuses me!!!!!!!!!! By the way anyone got any special things to help you conceive girls as like i have stated before i don't think i can carry boys so if i can gain information in regards to conceiving girls i think it might give us a better chance of everything happening for us and seeing a BFP>>>>
    Sending everyone stickyvibesboy::
    Trac

hiya trac73- there is a whole thread dedicated to trying for boys or girls in the ttc section I think, great tips and tricks, from what anecdotal evidence I have gathered it seems to work!

welcome antheia- seen you around the traps a bit, so sorry for your previous losses and wishing you the best of luck with ttc this one, sending you heaps of babydust and extra sticky vibes!
    just love your avie, I want to know where mine is too!

tempus- so sorry for your fil, and you and your family, sending you lots of positive energy and hoping for the best for everyone concerned- I meant to post earlier but it slipped my mind sorry, lots of hugs.

hopingsoon- hope u are feeling better today, not that theres anything wrong with having a down day, a month after my mc I was still doing pg tests to see where my hormone levels were, I think I was still getting faint positives then. but hey.....you never know.....best of luck!

smilantu- why you feel so yucky? big hugs luv, I wish (as one lady so perfectly put it) that I had the magic words to make everyone who "walks in these shoes" (wink, wink angelbabies) feel better.
    but to be honest I cant think of anything but the usual plattitudes which just feel so meaningless after youve heard them a hundred times. I hope you feel better soon, big hugs for you.

plc1805- oh my, you sound like me, perfectly normal and then a total "head case "(as dp says it!)
    i have been up and down so much in the last 6 months.

well, today at work I was having a chat with one of the ladies I work with and she told me about how her daughter is terrified of becoming preg, as twins run in their family, she told me that her son would have had a twin but she lost him at 4 mths but carried the other to full term, so I then told her about my experience, and I almost broke down in tears, at work!
    this is strange for me, I mean i know I dont talk about my mc much, (no one wants to hear it, I can sooo take a hint! in my real life I mean, not u guys!) but I was able to talk about it without tears about 3 days after.....I had to ring a lot of people to let them know....not nice.....anyway, just wierd.
    so I am getting my hopes up again (stay down, damn you!) am sure that I o'd, and that we bd at the right time, am now needing to go to the loo alot, telling myself its nothing, ahh well, I am sure you all know what I mean....
    good luck everyone, sorry if I missed you in my post, I will get to you next time!
    xxxx

Default OMG

There is no way I m going to be able to catch up on all that..... I feel sleepy just at the thought of trying to reply to it all. arrrrgggghhhhh.

So instead I will say, welcome to all the new ladies, hope your stay here is a short one.

I ve had a very busy, very tiring few days and am looking forward to laying in my own bed with the doona over me..... nice and snuggly.

I m still positive..... just a tired positive...... its nite nite for me

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast