Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth after the 1st trimester ~ Jan 07

Oh but she doesnt eat KFC and chocolate, she eats healthy and exercises and works hard! whatever!

clare076 Guest

Mel, definately not harsh. He really is not a good looking fella. Give me federer any day. Yummo, and he can actually play tennis.

Mel - Yep, I'm still here, I guess you could say lurking I just don't know what to say sometimes....but it just helps me so much to read everyone elses posts, so that when I am ready ttc I can properly join in..yay!
    Bailey

Ps - I am starting to feel sorry for the Hewitts now....ha ha, they have really copped it here tonight. I wonder if their ears are burning:biggrin:

Morning Girls

Im glad to see that non of us have lost or sense of humour, And Clair did she only craved apples and water! My god all I wanted was tomatos and Choccy milkshakes! No wonder she looked like she just steped out of an adoption agency!

Oh Mel I have to agree Federer is much better looking but could you just image Bec & Llyton BDing......."comeon, comeon" oh i really shouldn't have gone there. This is why I have my little thing about beening chosen for angel babies like us, we are special people only the strongest who learn and grow while others live a sort of emptyness, I know a little deep for the morning but the more I think about it the more it seems to make sense.....I dont know, what do you think? Did my post last night make sense it was quiet late?

Bailey You should join in anytime, anyway just look at the conversation that went on last night and today!!!!!! I hope you can join us more often its great to know there someone to talk to. I hope if we go the surrogacy option that I can still hang out with you guys, I think I will differently need you all.

Lynn If I give you my email could you let me know if I could get something done? I know you are going to be busy but I cant wait. Ive decided Im going to get a box and put all my babies ultrasound photos and a little verse I wrote to them all after my last baby and put them all together so I would love a little special something to add to it, I dont have a lot as they are all early, i didnt have time to get little trinkets. My email is [email protected]. Please only if you can no pressure

Well I have my sister and her six kids comming today DS cant wait and neither can I!!!!!
    No I love them all soo much its great when they all get together, the baby only 5 months!!!! yeah I get to play!!!! so I must be off need to go to the shops and buy 15 breadrolls.......only joking well maybe not. Oh yeah my other neighbour who was have twins had a boy and a girl wait for it.... 7 pound each with two weeks to go!!!! I hope you all have awonderful day and Ill try and pop back in later. hugs and kisses natxxx

Morning all,

Clare - yes he can play and he has more personality (don't forget the cheeky :grin

Bailey - I'm with Nat, you should join in anytime. Just cause your not TTC atm doesn't mean you can't just chat, and still gain and give support. Hey and there is no mercy on the Hewitt's... you make your bed you lie in it ... and they did, literally!

Nat - Sorry meant to say last night that I thought what you said about the antibodies was pretty clear (got so sidetracked by hewitt-bashing that it slipped my mind, lol). Thanks for all that info, can't wait to get back and see OB to get the run down on exactly what will happen next time. I agree with you about the strength of mums to angel babies, I definitely feel Nicholas has made me stronger and I don't really let anyone push me around anymore (guess you could say I have become a [email protected]!*). Oh and too funny about the "comeon, comeon" comment but... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeew :eek:

Anyway, at work today so guess I should actually do some

Have a good day everyone.

Mel

kirsty Guest

Mel I think it was you who asked (sorry been away for a couple of days & there are loads of posts to catch up on), re the levels changing I'm not sure. All I know is when they initially tested it after Thomas's loss the Pathology form said "negative" with no actual numbers written on it, this time they came back with the numbers "12 & 9" written on it & when DH asked the OB about it she said that obviously they were really low for them to consider them a straight out negative. So I guess maybe they can change?? I don't really know.

And for the record my first bubs (James) was a premmie born at 32wks & he weighed 3lb13oz (1738gms) & he was smack bang in the middle of the top & lower end of the percentile weight for his gestation.

Hi girls,
    Hmm gotta agree with the Hewitts saga, I can just imagine Bec running late and him yelling out come on ..he is a dill.
    Not much happening here just eating like a bird and drinking lots of water oh the things we do.
    I'm glad everyone is well...I cant help with the antibodies, my girls were incomp cervix and prem labour babys. But a few of my friends have been on heprin and had great results.
    I had a little baby here this morning ooh small...btw Eliza was born at 37 weeks and was 8lb8 but classified as BIG lol
    Bec

Wow! I stepped away from the computer for a while and look at all the posts. I have to say though you girls made me smile, even a laugh (think that was my first). I tend to agree with all said about the Hewitts so we will leave it there. Clare, love your comment about Shelby holding your hair when you puke and Nat, yes she probably does have someone puking for her - wouldn't that be nice. Although sort of looking forward to m/s because it can only mean one thing....... I think I am visual scarred by some of the comments - come on!!!!!

Mel - thanks for all the info, it did make sense. I hope you get all the info you need when you next see your ob. Sometimes searching the net can give you more questions than answers. I have been trying to find out how a cord accident happens. I know deep down that there is no answer and that it is just an accident but looking seems to help. Cooper was probably going to be a gymnast with all his somersaults (DH would have hated that, he had already decided he was going to play soccer )

Clare - your continued posts don't upset me. I would love for you to stay and chat. Reading your posts gives me hope and I love to hear how you are going. Like Mel said, hopefully one day soon we will all join you. I would love to make you a bracelet, I have found so much comfort in mine and I hope you do to. I will email you and we can discuss further. I'm so glad that your scan went well - look forward to hearing the next update on splodge in 3 weeks. I think I will be like you requesting scans. If I had it my way I would be hooked up to a machine for 9 months lol

Bailey - I felt exactly the same way as you - like you were alone. I think we all did. You just don't hear about these things happening until it happens to you. We are all here for you and would love for you to join in. I know when I first started, I didn't know what to say or how to say it. Now I just type whatever comes to me - sorry if I blab

Nat - of course I can make you something. I will email you and find out what you are after. I have a memory box that the hospital gave me and I keep Cooper's pictures, ultrasound pictures and dvds, poems and little angels and trinkets in it. Every now and then I look through it. I haven't been able to watch the last dvd yet as it shows him moving around and his little heart beating. At the moment it is just too hard to watch that. I am also planning on doing a scrapbook but just don't know where to start. I just don't feel creative or crafty at the moment but I guess I just need a kick start and by making you and Clare something that might get me going. How did you go with all those kids! You will probably need a big sleep once they have left

Thanks to everyone who wrote about the size of their bubbas. I guess each baby and every mum is different and there is probably no right and wrong weight.

Anyway, I saw my ob this morning and he said that my ovaries are good (not enlarged due to taking Clomid) so that is good news. I have to go for a blood test tomorrow to check my progesterone and insulin. Based on my temps, opk, cm, maybe baby and any other test that is out there that I am doing, it shows that I haven't o'd yet.......although today was the first day that I got a faint line on my opk. Think I will take it as a + just in case. Today is day 21 - I have never been regular thanks for pcos so I will see how the blood test goes and see what it says.

As for Cooper's weight - ob said that he was small. He said that based on the softness of the skin he had probably passed about 2 days before he was born. He said that when they die, they do shrink and lose weight. However Cooper probably would have been a small bubby. If there was no cord (I only wish) and his heart was beating when we had the ultrasound, he said that they would have seen that he was small and then decided on what to do. I asked whether his weight had anything to do with me not putting on weight while pregnant and he said no. I was eating properly so I'm not sure why I didn't put on weight - I should be happy about that I guess............. I asked the ob what I was feeling in the few days leading up to Cooper's birth if it wasn't him moving. He said that it was contractions. I told him I am angry with myself that I didn't know sooner that he wasn't moving and he said that it is hard when you get to the end because there isn't a lot of room and bubby doesn't move as much. I am scared that if I didn't know this time how will I know next time....................

Hope everyone is having a good day
    Lynn
    xxxxxxxxx

Just read my post and thought I should clarify something. When I wrote "If there was no cord (I only wish) and his heart was beating when we had the ultrasound, he said that they would have seen that he was small and then decided on what to do." In terms of what to do - I meant induce or keep him cooking to see if he got bigger.

kirsty Guest

Oh Lynn sweetheart what a terrible dilemma you must be feeling you are in atm. When we go through situations such as you have we always question ourselves afterwards, believe me. I second questioned every feeling I had when I fell pregnant with Thomas after losing Alex & in the end I had to tell myself to try & relax & go with the flow of the pregnancy (so much easier said than done), I had to learn to retrust myself & my judgements ~ again not very easy at all. And I have no doubts that another pregnancy will be even more fraught with worry but I guess I'm going to have to try & find a way to deal with it all ~ infact I have organised for the counsellor that I am currently seeing to continue to be involved should we ever go through another pregnancy.

Be kind to yourself & don't doubt your ability & instincts when the time comes.

kerry Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I told him I am angry with myself that I didn't know sooner that he wasn't moving and he said that it is hard when you get to the end because there isn't a lot of room and bubby doesn't move as much. I am scared that if I didn't know this time how will I know next time...
    Lynn - Please don't be so hard on yourself. Your ob is 100% right. I remember the last 5 weeks with Brigid I would be lucky to notice her move once a day. AND I was having b/h all the time. Hell when I finally went into labour I thought I was constipated! I truely hope there is no next time, all your future pgs will be happy and healthy. Regarding gaining/loosing weight during pg... your body will give the baby all the nutrients before meeting your needs. The fact you didn't gain weight probably meant you were eating the right types of food in the right quantities. Trust me if it was an issue the OB would have told you.

Bailey - I'm not ttc but I still frequent here.

Clare, & Spring (fingers crossed) - don't go anywhere, your being pg gives me hope and i would be happy to share the news of your pg. What lovely women you are to both think that somehow your happiness would hurt any of us... its not like that at all... your happiness gives us hope, and joy, and the promise of bettter times ahead.

Lol - bit dumb here... I knew who llyton was but had to think about Bec... how sad is that!... finally got it.

Ok wont be arround for a while, I have had a kidney bleed (pre-existing condition and the continuous heat is affecting me, might need to move to Antarctica if I ever want to TTC and carry to term).. and will need to be in and out of hospital over the next few days for IV fluids and anti-biotics. Hope you all keep safe and sending baby dust out there for all of you with lots of sticky and BFP vibes.

Just a quick one.........hows Nadal, my god his arms and the bum in the cargos!!!!! I think Im starting to like tennis more and more. DH told me to go to bed if Im only watching for the men....comeon!!!!

Jo I hope your alright and your stay in hospital is not to long, sending prays your way for a quick recovery. lots of lovexxx

Ill post tomorrow i do need bed, four boys was fun but tyring (big girls are teenages).

Talk soon, sweet dreams.xxx

Hi all you wonderful women

Sorry for not doing personals but I have only just caught up on everything that has been happening. The internet only just got connected and I was having major BB withdrawls. It thing DH was getting a bit sick of me asking 'is the internet connected yet?' (lol)

Well I went and had a BT for HCG levels yesterday and I get my results at 2.30pm. I have been testing every day and the line is as dark as the control. The GP was absolutely terrible. Not only did she speak very poor english she didn't listen. I had just explained about how Harrison was stillborn and about the cyst in my milk ducts and the stupid cow asked me how long had a breastfeed for. WTF!!! It is hard enough telling a stranger without having to repeat myself. DH ended up getting really angry and took over explaining to her. I have booked in with 3 High Risk Obs in Sydney and am going to see each of them. If I like the first one then I will stick with them but if not at least I am booked in. The one who sounds the best to me is Dr. Andrew Pesce at the Westmead. He can't see me until 13 Feb ( on holidays) but he has given me the name of a local GP Dr. Sue Ng who he highly recommends. I am going to go and see her weekly for the next three weeks, more so for my piece of mind. It is so much better when you find a Ob who listens to you. I hope he works out and that DH and I trust him.

The other drama that happened is that we had a frantic dash to the 24 vet last night at 11.00pm. We have a border collie cross and we were out playing with him and noticed that he was unsteady on his feet. All of a sudden he fell over and I lost the plot. DH rushed him to the Vet because I thought that it might be a tick or bait. The vet said that because it has been really hot and it is a dry heat in Sydney, Frank just isn't drinking enough and exercising the same amount. Some dogs just play until they drop and that is what Frank did litterally. As you can imagine I spent the entire night checking on him so after three days of unpacking and a night without sleep I feel like a zoombie.

Oh well, got to go back to the stupid GP this arvo and then never again. I hope my HCG levels are perfect. I will drop in later to update and do personals. I think if the HCG levels are good, I actually might let myself announce that I am pregnant. Boy am I nervous.

Luv
    Spring.

:hugs: Ohh Spring how exciting I hope all your levels are fantantic!! Might have to surf around for awhile rofl.
    Poor puppy hope he gets better soon, Thankfully we have cooler weather today...I hope it heads your way soon.
    Bec

Afternoon all

Spring Im so glad to hear your in Sydney and up and running on the internet. Ive missed you! Im sending lots & lots & lots of +++vibes your way and that level is a big three digit number. As for the GP just because they have been to uni means nothing.....Im glad you found a new one and that you have confidence in your new OB. Poor puupy I hope he's back to normal soon what is it with these kids you just can't tell them!!!! May be an afernoon nap for you would be a good thing!

Bec How you going on that diet? I will be joining you if nothing happens by March I will be on a mission! So is it low carbs, high protein type of thing? have you done it before if so did it work?

Lynn How are you? Hope your off getting creative! And thanks the kids were fun but as I said last night I was stuffed!

Mel Hope work is beening good to you today. try not to do to much!!!

Kirsty,Clair, Bailey, Deb and anyone else are you good? Hope to talk to you all latter today. I'll be back soon to hear from Spring.

Nat: I've been on it for 3 days lol but have lost 3 kilos, I know rapid loss isnt heathy but it is working for me. All protien..limited carbs if you goggle cohen lifestyle dot com au it will explain it more. Its just a pain that I know I have to do it before TTC seriously but who is to say that the side effect is increased fertility and I aint complaining about that.
    Bec

Thanks Bec I'll get on and have a look, i am hopeing that I do fall next month and dont have to worry for the next 9!!! but who knows. We are going away for 5 days so I dont think I'll worry to much till I get back as im sure there will be a lot of drinking!! Do you want me to have one for you?

P.S Thats great 3kilos you go girl!!
    Last edited by dream; January 19th, 2007 at 12:45 PM.

Well it's official, I'm UTD!!!!

The HCG was 430 which considering I am 17 DPO is pretty good.

You would think that I would be excited but I was so nervous going back to the rude inconsiderate GP that by the time I got there I was in such a state that my BP was 150/90 :eek: Not that the GP did anything to relax me, she didn't even tell me I was pregnant for the first 5 mins and just gave me a lecture about my BP. Oh well, I am never going back so who cares.

Thank you to each and everyone one of you for helping me get through every single day to date. You have been my saviours. I am not game enough to leave the TTC thread yet so you're stuck with me for a while. Oh my god I'm pregnant

Luv Spring (and Lil' Spring)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast