Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth or Loss after 1st trimester ~ NOV/DEC 07

PS...I am Day 9 of a 28 day cycle...has anyone got any tips/advice/spells/ANYTHING that we could try this month.
    Also how do you do those tickers that shows what day of your cycle you are up to...I think it's time to get one of those...g

georgie - what have you been doing so far? opks, temps? anything like that? with your vitex did you stop taking it after o?
    also for a ticker just look at anyones and you will find a website address (there are many to chose from), go to that and follow the instructions, then paste it in to you signature. let me know if you a hand

Hi ladies. I am new to this so please bear with me. I found this wonderful place shortly after I lost my son Anthony on November 14 (19w 2d). It was devastating because we had no signs that we lost him and just wanted to find out his sex. I just wanted to thank you because it has helped so much to know that I am not alone. I am going to the doctor tomorrow for a follow-up and to review all the tests they did on my son. I am praying for some answers especially because my husband and I plan on TTC as soon as the doctor says we can.
    Last edited by Anthonysmom; December 3rd, 2007 at 02:16 PM.

I wanted to let you know that you are all brave women

Anthonysmum, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, its so devastating to hear another angel has grown wings too soon. I pray you get some answers tomorrow, just know we'll be here for you for support if and when you are ready to ttc. I know when i first came in here ttc was the last thing on my mind, i wasn't ready to ttc, but they were just as supportive as if I was. again I am sorry for your loss.

Hi Anthonysmum, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious angel Anthony, please know that we are all here to listen & support you!

jo - good luck for the next few days, praying for some good news for you.

Hi Anthonysmum - I too am so sorry you suffered the loss of angel Anthony. Jo is right though - we are all here for whatever you may need...whether that is talking, venting, screaming... Sometimes just knowing that there are others around you to support you can get you through even the darkest of days. I hope your OB can help you with some of the millions of unanswered questions you must have...we'll all be thinking of you...
    Klee and Melthanks for the ticker tip! - Klee I've been beside myself since reading your post. I didn't stop the Vitex after O. I feel so stupid. Please tell me this wouldn't have contributed to the faint line day 32 cycle. This was never mentioned!!!! I could scream (cry actually). I've been doing the Maybe Baby thing - and as Mel and I have discussed before it is all over the shop. Time for a brand new start.
    JoHi Jo loved the family pic (have I already said that) - I also noticed your mood - so a big hug to you.
    Georgie

Georgie - sorry hon i didn't mean to scare you, i don't know much about vitex but i just read somewhere on bb, I'll try and find where it is and put the link in, to stop taking it after o. i'll get back to you. just disregard what i've said until i find it, i don't want you getting upset unnecessarily.

My doctor's appointment today was not very revealing. All of the tests are not back yet (I lost my son just under three weeks ago). I have to wait another three weeks. So far all they can tell me was there was no problem with the placenta. I hate waiting. Oh and I am fine physically. Not that I care about that.
    How long did you all wait to TTC? I wish I could start right now.

Barbara

Anthonysmom, i have usually waited a little while before trying again- just to get an emotional grasp on myself befroe i dive in again- everyone is different- physically i dont think you HAVE to wait- unless you think that something will come back in one of the tests to assist you in getting preg or something you might need to do to keep little bubs growing.... i would wait for the test results and then go from there.

Please make sure you take time to grieve for little boy! Cry and scream and yell if you need to- <<Big Hug>>> good luck for when you start trying again. Feel free to be here or the preg threasd before you are even ready if you need to- i know it helped me to Be ready just popping in and hearing the inspiring stories.

Take care xoxox

StarBright - Thanks. I have been popping in on these threads for a week now and I have found them most helpful. Trust me when I tell you yelling, screaming and crying. . . a lot - has been what I do best these days. I think that I am still in shock that I am not pregnant anymore. I guess I thoight once I was in my second trimester that I wouldn't have to worry anymore. I miss my son and think about him every minute of every day.

Barbara

Barbara - i think kat is right, just wait until you get the results before thinking about ttc again, hopefully they will find something so this wont happen to you again. also just go with how you are feeling, no feeling is right or wrong and if you feel its time to ttc again, then its time, only you can decide. i understand what you mean about not having to worry after the 1st trimester, we were well into our third when we lost, the thing is nobody tells you about these things happening. I really pray that they find an answer for you and you can start ttc'ing again soon.
    we started ttc at approx 3mnths and it took about 3/4 to fall, i truly beleive accupuncture/chinese medicine was the thing that got me there, it helped with both my physcial and mental state, but i'm not going to preach. we are only just into our 2nd tri, and I am all too aware of the losses that can happen, but the thing is you have to move forward for your heart and for your sanity if nothing else.
    sorry for the babble and i hope that made sense
    georgie - still looking for that post, work interrupted me

Barbara - I am so sorry to hear about your son Anthony You have come to the right place for support. I think the other girls are right about waiting for your results to come back clear, after that (as Klee said) you are the only one who can make that decision. There is no right or wrong answer, just what you feel you need to do. My DH and I started TTC as soon as AF returned, although for us we had trouble falling and in the end turned to IVF. I felt alot of guilt towards Nicholas for trying so soon but over time I realised it was completely normal to feel that way, so I wanted to say to you that if you do decide to start asap, just remember you should not feel guilty or disloyal towards Anthony, he just wants his Mummy and Daddy to do whatever it takes for them to be happy. Take care of yourself, we are all here for you :hugs:

Georgie - I would so love to give you some advice about TTC but you know my sitch so really I can only give you a big I guess you have already thought of DTD ALOT!

Jo -

Hi everyone else - I am being really naughty cause I am at work... but I am soooooo bored!

Thanks ladies. I know I need to wait and give my body and mind time to heal. We don't plan on TTC for a few months, I just want to be pregnant so badly. Somehow I just think it would help with this terrible pain. It didn't take my DH and I long to fall (2 months) the first time so at least I can hold on to that.

Hi All
    Anthonysmom - I understand exactly how you feel about feeling shocked at not being pg. I too found that the hardest to come to terms with. I would still rub my tummy all the time - and then some seconds later remember what happened. Each time it happened I felt a jolt of physical pain in my heart. Still now I find it hard to believe that it all happened...like most of us...I only ever heard the occasional heart breaking story of late loss. I'm pleased you found BB - things happen for a reason - and i know how important and supportive this group of courageous women have been for us.
    Klee - you are so sweet. Please don't stress I can find the post. You just rub that tummy for me and send off some lucky vibes!!!!! Thank you so much for caring enough to say anything - I can look into it.
    Mel - Thank you Thank you for the other info - That's a great plan - I still believe that blood clotting has SOMETHING to do with our problems - considering the clots I lost at 18 weeks when I was pregnant with DS and the strange clots with Alfie - initially I tested positive to the clotting disorder but on re testing it was a negative. - I still think (she says with absolutely no medical background) that it's something to do with clotting. I think I'm rambling now. Anyway what about you? How are you travelling... any wonderful symptoms...BTW I hope you have your baby on 4 August - that's my birthday.
    Hi Jo Hi Judy
    love George

Ok...just noticed my new ticker isn't ticking on...I think I've missed the activation step...whoops

Your welcome Georgie Baby will be born a little earlier than due date because of the clotting disorder. Just as a matter of interest for you, in December last year my level of ACa was positive at 10 but my most recent test (a few months ago) was borderline at 5 (under 5 is considered neg) and my OB said that the levels can fluctuate up and down so a reading so low does not mean the antibodies have gone away just maybe lying dormant. MORE food for though huh

No symptoms yet - apart from being tired and hungry... no m/s as yet.

I did notice your slider was missing in your ticker but didnt say anything cause thought you must have wanted it that way LOL - now that I know... Georgie, you missed a step in your ticker

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast