Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth or Loss after 1st trimester ~ NOV/DEC 07

Welcome Barbra and I am so sorry you have to be here. for Anthony. I wanted to TTC straight away but had to wait firstly 6 mths as I had a c sec (31 wk umbilical cord problem - wrapped around her neck) but I healed really quick so was allowed to TTC at 4 mths but it stil took us from August 2002 until Janaury 2004 to get a BFP. And since then it is now 3 yrs this cycle since we started TTC a siblig for Samuel and after 3 losses I just don't think we will ever get our last baby.
    Most Drs will say that once you are physcially healed it is up to you when you are emotionally ready to try again. Good luck when you do.

Georgie there are a multitide of different ideas about vitex and each naturpopath is different just t make life more difficult!! Due to having losses i was told if I got pg agiain to continue to take it til 12 wks to help with progesterone as vitex has been known to assist in preventing m/c.. however with Joey I started dropping back the amount bit by bit so from 2 tablets to 1&1/2 at 6 wks, 1 at 8 wks, 1/2 at 10 then stop at 12... I didn't want to go thru a suden drop.. but lost Joey at 11w4d. So next time I decided I'd do as i was told and take the same dose every day all the way thru t the 12 wks.. but spotted and lsot him to infection at 7wks.. so if there is a next time i will just stop it as soo as i get a good beta or a very dark bfp.
    In the meantime I take it every day all cycle thru. I was taking 2xblackmores tablets (660mg each) but now I just take the nature's own or Godlen Glow 1000mg one a day. They do help with my PMS dragon moods and also stop the AF headahces which I can get lasting a week at a time and incurable with anything even like panadeine. ouch.
    The only time you don't take vitex is when you are on a clomid cycle and then you stop from cd 1 until about a week after the last clomid tablet.. so I was told anyhow.
    My clomid cycle was a waste of tablets and moods and pain... I am not tkaing it this cycle as everyone here is sick and if I get it I know my chances this cycle are nix so I won't waste it on the off chance.
    hug to all
    Judy

Judy - Ouch for the headaches and thank you so much for all the vitex info. Truth be known I'd stand with a pole up my bum, naked in the garden for ten hours a day if I thought it would help with the TTC he he he - (TMI sorry). Where are you up to with your cycle? I will still keep my fingers crossed for you this month. This is my last month before the F/S. We had this mythical "let's just see what happens until the end of the year" well nows it's bl***dy December and I'm getting desparate..
    Mel - gee I was sooooo close with that ticker...I was really proud of myself too...I didn't even notice I was missing the thingo!!! well back to the drawing board. I've just got home from netball so it will have to wait until tomorrow. I LOVED to hear about the bloods/clotting that gives me somewhere to start when I get to see Mark. My OB was always so dismissive (remember my hissy fit when he told me I was barking up the wrong tree) and i actually never got the levels. Right...he's on my list for tomorrow - poor thing may need a restraining order against me soon. Tired and hungry - love it - that's my perfect day just so long as you get your needs are met (which i hope they are) - eating and sleeping - hmmmmmm. How's DH? I'd love to hear how he was when he heard the fab news.
    Klee - how are you sweetie? Hopefully you're rubbing that tummy and resting up.
    Barbara - hope the days are treating you kindly...please ignore my earlier comment about the pole I would hate my silly sense of humour to scare you...I don't always talk like that.
    LeeThinking of you especially...as mentioned before I hope you're getting some time for yourself right now...special white light to you and your darling family.
    Night all - George

hi, just introducing myself,
    im mandie, and im a little bewildered on here, there are soooo many places to post and
    im not sure where i fit in,
    so im posting all over the place to see if i have the right place, lol,
    im trying to concieve, and have been since january, after 2 still borns in 2006, jan and november,
    im due to start trying next tuesday and test on new years eve,
    hope everyone gets results they want soon
    mandxx

georgie - I don't know if you noticed but I am from New York. Almost nothing scares or offends me. And hey let me know if the pole works. I'll try anything.

howdy everyone.
    Georgie- you don't sound twisted at all. the monthly heart torture is beyond endurance at some point. big hugs to you. the pole thing sounds about right.
    Jo- keeping my fingers crossed for Wednesday.
    Barbara- i am so sorry for your loss. you are in the brunt of the pain right now. i wish something i could say could help you. but i don't know any of those magic words. big hugs, and let yourself go through whatever you are feeling now. it is such a painful, messed up thing -- there are no grief "stages" like they say -- just a jumble of nasty, painful emotions piled on top of each other. be good to yourself and let yourself go through that jumble. big hugs. at to ttc, i say what everyone else said. start when you are ready, physically and mentally. i needed to wait 2 months for my body to get back to the point where it could support another baby. mentally, well, that is for each to decide. some need longer, some need to try sooner. do whatever you need, my dear.
    Mandie- i am so sorry for your losses. if you don't mind me asking, did you name your first two children? what a painful journey you are on. i hope you find the support here that i did. big hugs to you.

as for me, i'm hunkering down for the holiday season. my goal is to live through it as gracefully as possible, and if that isn't possible, well, then just to live through it. i admit to being a grinch this year, and i scowl at holiday displays. i'm not proud of my behavior, but it is the best i can do.

hi auntie m
    my older children are 16 and 12 and called ryan and dylan,
    and my two angels are called jaike and jaide
    jaike was almost full term and died in jan 06 and i was 5 1/2 months with jaide and she died in nov 06
    im sorry about your angel,
    did you get a reason,.
    and does that bar at the bottom mean your pregnant?
    mandxx

howdy Mandie. all of your children have beautiful names. i am so sorry for your pain in loosing Jaike and Jaide. do you know what happened to Jaike and Jaide? do you have to keep your eye on anything for your future ttc?

our son Yeti died at 39 weeks when the cord became knotted and cut off his supply of oxygen and blood. he was born this last March 16. yes, we are pregnant with our second child, a little girl. it is a bit of a rollercoaster to be pregnant again after a loss, as you well know. the support here has made all the difference to me. i am hoping good things for your new year's testing.

Hi all, how is everyone?

Welcome mandi, I am so sorry for the loss of your little angels.

Hey Aunty M, I just caught up on the news.. for your baby girl..

Mand I am so sorry for your losses. what part of Liverpool? I have rellies out in Wirral. I was over there in July 1989 and it was the best part of our 3 mths in the UK.

Barbra is Vermont part of NY? I have a friend lives in Montreal but works in Vermont.. seems a long way to go to work each day.

off to do the washing.
    hugs
    Judy

Mand - I am so sorry for your loss, no one should have to go through this once let alone twice.

Judy - Vermont is a different state that is farther north than I am. It borders Canada in spots and Montreal is not far from the Canadian border. Your friend may not be traveling too long for work.

Auntie M - Thanks for your kind words. You are right about the jumble of emotions. Sometimes I can't stop crying, then am so angry I want to punch something, then can be in a state of shock about the whole thing and just feel numb. I also agree about the holidays. I am in a bah humbug moos myself.

Barbara

Well I feel like I just got kicked while I am already down. My OB just called with results from our genetic testing, or should I say lack of genetic testing. They couldn't regrow Anthony's chromosomes even though he had only been gone a few days when I delivered him. Now, barring a miracle, we will never know why we lost our sweet angel. My DH have been crying for an hour now, and I am sure there is lots more to come. I prayed so hard for answers. I just feel lost.

Barbara

Barbara -Just wanted to send you some huge {{{HUGS}}}

Barbara - big big :hugs: I hope you still do get the chance to find out what happened to your angel. There will be plenty more tears...............just let them fall and hold each other close

Barbara - I feel so sad knowing what you've had to deal with today. It's just not fair. I do wish you had got some answers that could have brought some direction/clarity to both you and DH. It's seems only fair that the medical world should provide a REASON for the pain, sadness and terrible terrible loss. I still feel the same - I want someone to please please please tell me why? and how? this could happen. You are right to feel how you are. Take all the time you need to scream and cry...knowing that others are sending you hugs/white light/prayers or whatever they believe in to support you from all around the world.
    I too had hoped that if someone could answer these questions it would give me somewhere to start for when we TTC'ed again. I needed to know why because I needed to ensure that it could never happen again. But what I've learned from the lovlies at BB - even when there is a reason - the reasons are always hideously unjust/random/unfair anyway.
    If I could reach through the computer screen and huggle (that's a hug and cuddle together) you I would.
    When you're ready / if you ever fancy pop into the pregancy thread and see all the beautiful bellies that have graduated from the TTC thread - it always gives me such hope that things will be Ok...
    love Georgie

Ok clever ticker girls - My ticker is about to become my new fixation - for some reason my slider doesn't appear...any suggestions... It's bad enough that I'm nowhere near testing (which of course is my main fixation) but a ****y ticker doesn't help this woman on the edge.
    cmon Mel, Klee, starbright, Jo, Jude ....anyone??????? (she says in a rather needy and annoying voice)- any clever computer solutions.
    I redid the process three times -each time I was asked to select a ticker except my ****y ticker never appears. when I have to do the copy and paste part I select the BB Code selection (the top one)...am I way off??

howdy everyone.
    Judy- thanks for the for pea(nut). hugs to you.
    Barbara- big hugs, sweetie. i'm so sorry you didn't get any answers. like Georgie said, it isn't fair, not at all. let those tears flow, my dear. and go ahead and punch or break something when you feel like it- just make sure it is not something you'll miss (like your hand). i shattered some glass in one of my worse moments and it was cathartic. until i had to pick up glass all over the yard so the dogs didn't get cut.
    Georgie- i'd try a new site for a ticker, or cut and past a different code part. i had to try a couple of times to get the cut and paste right. it is frustrating.

i've got a stomach virus, so aren't you all happy to only know me via a computer and not in person?

Hi girls,

Just sticking my head in............

Georgie - I have the same trouble with my ticker - no slider. We have done the process correctly - so suggest we go to another site for different tickers!! Mine keeps putting the wrong cycle day on it too - I'm actually CD5 - and like you, I don't obsess about every single day I WANT CD5 TO APPEAR!!!!!!! So, you've inspired me to get a different one..........

Hi to everybody in here!

Lee xo

Georgie - as auntie m and lee suggested try a different website, i know when i linked mine i kept trying each link then previewing until i got the right one. so thankful also that judy could give you the info on vitex, next time you know just don't listen to me lol.
    aunty m - hope your tummy settles down and pea(no)nut is being soothed by its grumblings.
    barbara - I'm so sorry you couldn't get any answers, is there anything else that they are still looking at that may give you something? which part of new york are you from?
    mand - welcome, I'm so sorry for your losses, i posted to you on another thread, iw ill go back and answer your questions there.
    jo - any news?
    not much happening here, just wanting to check on you wonderful ladies

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast