Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth or Loss after the first trimester

clare076 Guest

Wow it has been quiet in here, I was all set to sit and catch up from the last couple of days and not much has happened.

Deb, I am still waiting for my xmas lights to get put up. It has only been 3 years now! DP had an idea Xmas 2003 to buy 400 lights and decorate the house. Well 3 years and 2 houses later and they still haven't come out of the box. Each Xmas now, we laugh everytime we see the lights for sale at the shops.

Hi Kristee, I just bought 50 OPK's off the internet. I thought I would give them a go this time. The first cycle I temped I got preg with Max, so here's hoping the first cycle with OPK works like a charm. I am also a POAS addict, so at least using OPK's I can pee on a stick all cycle! lol.

Kirsty, Yeah on losing the 5kg. That's great. I have popped into the health thread a few times and that's been quiet too. I weighed myself on Friday and had lost 2.2kg in a week, BUT had chinese for dinner last night and a cheeseburger today so I dont think it will be that good tomorrow. I always start the week so well, but loose motivation by Saturday.

Me, well after working all weekend I am exhausted and the damn spotting started again today. Hopefully with the temp drop today AF will arrive in the next couple of days. This has been my longest cycle ever, including after having Shelby. I am getting so frustrated, is there anything you can take to bring it on?

Have a good night all.
    x

Good morning Clare - sounds like you had a busy weekend at work. I hear you about Christmas lights. The people that live down the road from us have the most amazing display of Christmas lights. Our kids just absolutely love it - so we thought we had better get into the spirit! Unfortunately our dog ate Santa (deco of course!) That was a bit tragic however after the tears subsided the Christmas lights were a winner.

It has been quiet in here over the weekend...

Kirsty - that is so fabulous to have lost 5kgs - you go girl! This is most certainly going to be a big year for us all! My personal goal is to have a baby or babies (twins would be quite welcome!) in my arms by this time next year. There - it's out there so now I just have to work towards it! I am cd3 now and had my first clomid dose last evening. I remember last time I had some hot flushes and felt pretty emotional arount cd10. So a few days left. I will book in today for a follie scan on cd12 or 13. However, I will do opk's as well. I intend to catch that egg/s!

I hope Mel is having a beautiful time - perhaps she will come back with some good news to share!!!

Kirisivee, BecG, Michelle and anyone else I have missed have a great day and I will pop in later...

Morning girls

Deb - I can honestly say I don't miss the clomid, although at the time it didn't seem too bad.

I am wondering how to get into the spirit of Christmas. Last year was obviously not one of celebration so our house wasn't decorated at all and going home to spend Christmas with our families was difficult for a number of reasons. This year we have so much to be thankful for and the prospect of a live baby to bring home fills me with hope and expectation. Our 12w u/s is on Monday so if all is good I intend to insert a little piccy into the Christmas cards to announce it to the family and friends who are yet to find out

Anyway - I am rambling. Hope you all have a lovely day

You're not rambling at all Michelle. I understand about getting into the Christmas spirit. I expected to have a 6 week old baby for Christmas this year too...

However, I am trying to embrace the knowledge that this is a whole new cycle and soon I will conceive another precious baby that will grow and be born healthy and hollering!

Ithink inserting a piccy from your u/s is a gorgeous idea. You have every reason to celebrate this Christmas and next Christmas Alf will be putting new smiles on your faces

Morning everyone

Kristee : I am sorry to hear the witch turned up, my first cycle after my loss was a shocker so I hope they are not like that forever. In fact I hope not to see another AF for at least the next 9 months I also hope this is the last AF you have to deal with for a while. I was LMAO when you said you were a POAS addict because because I ordered 50 from a site also and I was using them during the first day of my period!!! How silly is that, I thought there might be a slight possibility that it was implantation bleeding. I guess I was just really upset to see AF that I was in a bit of denial. I'm not sure where you got your HPT's from but I got them for about 75cents each and they were delivered to home within 2 days. I am not sure if I can post the name of the website but if anyone wants me to email it to them just let me know.

Kirsty: Hey hun. CONGRATULATIONS for losing 5 kgs. I know how hard it can be. About 2 years ago I tried really hard and lost 20kgs(mind you I had pleanty to loose). Before Harrison I put on about 4 extra and with my pregnancy excess Harrison I have basically got 12 to lose. So good on ya, 5 kgs is a real acheivement I hope you get down to your goal weight but I couldn't agree with you more that if you get the all clear then who cares about the weight.

Clare: Sorry hun that the dreaded witch seems to be on the way, but as they say, it is not over until the AF lady sings. I don't know if there is anything you can do to bring it on but I always find that if I think AF is on the way and I exercise, she tends to show up quicker. It may just be a conincidence but seems to work. I hope if AF does show up she is kind to you and you have the you deserve this cycle

Flowerchild: Good on you for setting the goal of having a baby (or babies ) by this time next year. I think that is a wonderful goal and I hope with all my might that it becomes your reality.

We had a quiet weekend. DH took the dogs to the beach with some of his mates yesterday. I didn't go because I just wanted some quiet time. My DH said it is the first time he has really just relaxed since we had Harrison so it was really good to see him smile. He is in a grooms party on the 9/12/06 so we spent the evening at the grooms house trying to get the organised (which mind you is like pulling teeth). One of my friends there has a 6mth boy and I have to be honest, it was hard at first but I managed to have a cuddle and didn't burst into tears. Big acheivement for me.

Bec G, Michelle and anyone else out there, I hope you have a wonderful day and I am sending a big sticky vibes your way.

Luv Spring Angel

Next Christmas *alf* will be roughly 6 months old I love that age (actually I love any age but at 6 months they are so interactive and curious).

Your previous history of conception puts you in a fabulous position for a new pregnancy soon, and the added knowledge and a new management plan gives a very positive slant on 2007

Yes it does Michelle I know that you're right. I feel excited and then I think I have to go through the whole 13-16 week phase again...

Anyway small steps. Gotta get me gestating again!

6 months is a gorgeous age I agree.

Hey gals,

I must have been typing when you posted your messages. Michelle, I am so excited for you having your 12 week scan soon. I can't wait to hear all about it and I think the idea of putting a pic in the christmas cards is gorgeous. I think that is so sweet and such a nice way of telling family and friends about your little bubba.

About how to celebrate christmas, I know there is a thread in the m/c and loss thread about it but I am not sure how to put a link it. It is called 'Angel Babies and Christmas' and was posted by Lisa. We are not going to put a tree up this year because we will have just moved to Canberra and I really can't pretend to be happy this year. Like you Flowerchild, Harrison would have been 11 weeks old for Christmas and I already have a little Christmas outfit that he will never get to wear. I did hear of a really nice idea though. You can get a christmas bauble with you angel babies name on it for the tree. I think you can get it done in most shopping centres.

I really hope that you have a wonderful 12 week scan. It is truly an amazing moment when you see your little baby squirming around in there.

to everyone
    Spring Angel

Thanks Spring Angel I am hoping for a wonderful 12w scan too. This is our second Christmas without Caitlyn so I guess this time it is more about how to get excited again.

I am going to be with my very gorgeous niece and my old man nephew who, at 5 1/2 has been here before. My niece the wild child - at 2 1/2. She ran out of the bathroom last night, slipped and knocked herself out. She is a kamikaze child who is so stubborn and strong willed - something I encourage

My nephew asks questions far too advanced for his age but he gets given the answers - I refuse to lie. He asked when we were having a baby again around the time we conceived and asked his mother shortly after she was told if he would be a good big cousin. Last week he asked me if my baby was still growing - he knows about Caitlyn and often takes her (her pciture actually) out of the cupboard to talk to. Such a special little man.

I hope this Christmas brings you and your family some peace and you can make it special in some way. Harrison will be with you in spirit, which is not what you wanted, but I found it was the only way I could get through each day. To give myself some hope. My first period after Caitlyn's birth arrived on Boxing Day and I was still leaking milk occasionally which made the time all the more difficult. But you cling to whatever gives you sanity until you are strong enough to take those first little steps forward into a life far different from the one you had planned.

clare076 Guest

Morning all
    Boy what a hectic morning. Word of advice, NEVER EVER leave your fella and child at home by themselves for the whole weekend! I have no idea who made the most mess, but it has taken me 5 hours to clean my house. And I had to go shopping and restock the fridge. Shelby refused her morning nap and now has woken up screaming after 45 mins, there is no way she is getting out of bed with that amount of sleep. And to top it all off AF arrived this morning. (although I am happy about this one) PHEW.

MIchelle, your niece sounds scarey, lol but I love a kid with a bit of spunk. Your nephew sounds like a gorgeous little guy. Its great that he asks questions and you give him the truth, it's also beautiful that he talks to Caitlyn. Making me cry just thinking about it. Enjoy your scan next week.

Deb, we will have a baby to hold next christmas. Just imagine it right now, sitting around with your turkey and ham all cooked so nicely, you just put in that first mouthful and ... hold it bubs is awake. Put that forkful back on your plate, get bubs, flop out that boob, now sit and watch everyone else eat until you have mastered the art of eating turkey with one hand!!! Priceless.

Spring Angel, I love the idea of the Xmas bauble, any idea where you can get this done. I was trying to think of ways to involve Max in our celebrations. I was actually thinking of naming a star after him.

Mel, hope those celebrations are going well.

I am madly trying to organise Shelby's first birthday, it's middle of next month and it's going to be huge! Ater the year we have had with my parents splitting up, Craigs accident and then Max we deserve to celebrate something. I keep thinking I should have been 26 weeks preggo at her birthday and feeling sad, but no more. We will end the year on a positive note.

Have a good day guys.
    MWAH

*Kristee* Guest

Hi girls,
    Well AF is still here and hitting hard, i hope that means i won't get her again for a loooong time.
    Welcome to all the new girls...there is so many of us now and i wish none of us had to be here IYKWIM.
    Well i have been having a good cry and i mean bawling sessions lately...things just seem to be triggering me lately, i think its because my bi-polar is playing up a bit too but i am home alone everyday during the week until6 at the earliest at night and everything i watch on telly or even dvd's has either had miscarriages/late losses or pregnant women who don't really want to be.
    Don't they understand how lucky they are??? It makes me furious
    I was thinking just the other day (here we go thinking again LOL) how when i was really young that everytime i skipped the pill i may have fallen pregnant...oh if only i knew that it is this hard and for me harder to go full-term with a happy alive baby.
    Now i am just raving...
    Oh well.

Goodluck to you girls who are testing soon.

Catcha later.

Hi Krisivee,
    So sorry that you have been having such a hard time...
    Have you been given a cause for the losses you have experienced? It seems you have had a really difficult journey. Were you on medication when you were pregnant with Tarleha?
    I hope it's okay to ask...

*Kristee* Guest

Hi Flowerchild,
    No i haven't been given a reason as to why i lost my babies, but just ask my mother she will tell you that its all my fault and i must have done something wrong and obviously the needed to go somewhere where they will be loved and looked after properly.....makes me upset because she says this.
    With Tarleha i wasn't on any medication....i was on metformin to concieve her but nothing during the pregnancy....wich makes me feel like a failure to my other bubbies.

Ask as many questions as you like flowerchild i don't mind.
    Where you given a reason for your losses?

clare076 Guest

Hi Girls

Kristee so sorry you are having a hard time at the moment, do you mind if I ask if you have seen someone about the bipolar recently? Maybe with not long ago having your DD your med level may be out a bit, being at home by your self all day doesn't help either. OUCH about what your mum would say, gosh why would she say something like that, I have never heard anything so hurtful! I must admit I didn't get much support from any of my family when I lost Max, mum and dad just said "oh you'll have another one" I am just so glad I have friends (well would like to think of you all as friends) in here that understand.
    I am sorry, I don't understand why they wouldn't do some type of investigation into why you have had all these late losses, is there nothing they can do to find out? (Sorry really naive about this, I expect an answer for everything)

Deb, how are you going today? I hope AF is being kind to you too.

Well all 3 of us must be around the same cycle day, excellent we can all have our baby shower on the same day next year

Me, I am supposed to be doing some gardening while Shelby is asleep but I just cannot get motivated, I have already had a walk today and not feeling that energetic. Might go watch a DVD.

Have a good evening

JUst a quickie gorgeous women...
    I have just popped an article on causes for recurrent miscarriage. Take a peek your feedback/input would be very much appreciated!

Hi gals

I really need HELP. As some of you know I found a lump in my breast about a week ago and after all the checks it is benign and they think a blocked milk duct. About an hour ago I was getting ready for a shower and decided to check my lump, because I am meant to be keeping an eye on any changes. I was poking it and I think I got a bit carried away because I squeezed my breast and then all of a sudden there was a drop of white fluid which I presume is milk. I squeezed some more and it kept coming. The day I had Harrison the OB gave me medication to stop lactation and although in the week after I had him, my breasts were swollen and tender, at no stage did they leak. I am just really angry at myself and hope that I haven't started anything. The thing that confuses me is that it is almost 8 weeks since I gave birth to my angel baby and it didn't even cross my mind that squeezing my breast would have that impact. I stupidly squeezed the other one and the same thing happened. As Harrison and his twin were my first pregnancy, I have no idea about lacation so sorry if I am asking stupid question. I am due to ovulate in the next few days and I will be so angry at myself If I have stuffed up my chances by stimulating my milk. Can anyone please help?

Kristee: I am sorry that you are feeling down at the moment and AF has come to visit. I hope that tomorrow is a new day for you and you start to feel a little better. I just want you to know that no matter what anyone says, what happened to you is not your fault. Don't let anyone tell you that it is, even your mumma :hugs:

To Clare, Michelle, Flowerchild and the rest of the gals, sorry for no personals tonight, I am just really preoccupied with my lactation issue.

that all is ok.

I'd love any advice that you may have
    Spring Angel

Spring Angel - my breasts leaked for ages on and off after Caitlyn was born. I could squeeze my nipples and have milk come out. In the first weeks I leaked enough to need breast pads. I actually found it comforting - at least some part of me worked properly. If there is only a small amount it is unlikely to impact on your ovulation (just look at all the lovely ladies who conceive while breastfeeding). Hope this helps

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your reply. I thought I was going crazy and even did a pregnancy test for some weird reason. My mind just isn't itself at the moment. :eek:

In some ways I understand what you mean about feeling like at least a part of your body was working by lactating. Whilst I was pregnant with Harrison I was really looking forward to being about to nurse him and bond with as only a mother can. Although I initally got upset tonight when I saw the milk, I just sat there and said a few quite words to my boy and that made me feel better.

I just think that my mind is racing. I have had trouble sleeping for the last week or so and the lump scare seems to really have knocked me around. I guess everything that has happened in the last two months has made my think about my own mortality. I don't mean to be negative but I guess it is only normal to have bad days.

Once again you are a life saver Michelle. Thank you for sharing with me... I really appreciate it.

Spring Angel

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast